Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee (8997 Views)

Ajimobi Visits Denmark To Understudy Cattle Ranching (Photos) / Fulani Won’t Accept Ranching — Miyetti-allah / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Special Security Guards (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Litmus: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2016

[size=14pt] FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee [/size]

References :
https://twitter.com/beegeaglesblog
http://fmard.gov.ng/curbing-herdsmen-related-violence-fg-inaugurates-security-unit-committee/

The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in collaboration with the Ministry of Internal Affairs today inaugurated the Committee for the Creation and Training of a Special Unit of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps – NSCDC Officers to provide security for host communities of the proposed FG cattle ranches; and protect the agricultural investments of the scheme.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony in Abuja, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development – Chief Audu Ogbeh thanked the Minister of Internal Affairs for his prompt response to addressing this national challenge in the area of agriculture stating that we now want to create cattle ranches, bringing our cattle together in manageable conditions where we can finally solve the conflicts between herdsmen and crop farmers within the shortest period in Nigeria.

“We are hoping that in the process, the Civil Defence Corps will create a special unit of officers, adequately trained and equipped to protect the communities, agricultural investments against rustlers and prevent cows from leaving the ranches. Beyond oil, we need agriculture as an investment. Grasses, water and vet services will be provided in the ranches and no herdsman will have any excuse to roam. If they do that, then they are breaking the law. We will harvest high quality milk and beef for local consumption and hides and skin for export. I urge the Committee to discuss this issue seriously and work out the modalities. We need to tell the world that if we invest or invite foreign investors to Nigeria, their investment is secured. The President is committed to the success of this and the need to end this violence.”

In his remarks, Minister of Internal Affairs – Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazzau said: “I responded very quickly to this request because it bothers on the responsibility of our ministry to secure lives and properties of Nigerians and protect our agricultural investments. This duty is directly connected to the ease of doing business and we want to encourage investors to come to Nigeria. We are solidly behind the ranching programme and will provide adequate support to the ministry of agriculture to succeed.”

The Committee, headed by Chairman – Mr. Noah Auta, Director, Joint Services, Ministry of Internal Affairs is expected to deliberate on the operational modalities of the special unit and submit its recommendation within the shortest possible time.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Acjohn(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Setting up security for the herdsmen before their arrival because they will definitely offend their host community and need protection because they won't agree to remain in the ranches.

Fammers oooo sell your hoes and buy guns oooo because BUHARI brothers are coming to kill and rape oooo. I don tell you. He give them security self

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2016
I endorse that message ^^^

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by harmless011: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2016
Is cattle rearing not supposed to be someone private business? Why will the federal government spend taxpayers money in sponsoring cattle rearers why neglecting other agricultural sectors. Are fulanis some kind of special people. This government cannot even hide their bigotry, buhari should know that it is this kind of act that fuel separatist agitation.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by massinola(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2016
have no better definition for confusion than what APC stands for. what in God's name have we brought upon ourselves in this country? where the well being of cows are more important to the president than the hardships, deaths and hunger his followers are passing through. why is APC so much concerned about this grazing and ranch stuff? where on earth does a government provide free avenue for private business? I hope the pig rearers, chicken, pigeon, goats, dogs rearers will also be provided with free lands for their businesses because they also provide meats to the nation. nonsense....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by OnWebTech: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2016
nice
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by visijo(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2016
civial defence wey just they sleep anyhow for road, who them fit protect??

4 Likes

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by RZArecta(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2016
cheesy Buhari has by this action completely balkanized this country. I'm not bothered, my community is almost 3 hours by boat from Yenagoa but I pity the fóols who think they can cohabit peacefully with a Fulani herdsman. Me, I will dynamite any herdsman who threatens my territorial integrity by coming to destroy my small farm.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by cktheluckyman: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2016
Committee or no committee no free grazing or ranching land in the south east. Anyone who wants land should pay for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by laCapri: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2016
I weep for Nigeria.
My people be warned, there's nothing like cow ranching but the almighty GRAZING RESERVES.
I see this country splitting into 5 parts by this singular act.
Wake up if u are a southerner/middle beltan because war has already begun.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by segundayo90(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2016
I nr wan see ranch around me sef talk less of cattles or herdsmen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Noneejiofor(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2016
they should continue, when most Nigerians are not feeling safe, they are looking for maximum security for cattles...
Quote me and expect thunder

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Pavore9: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2016
Hope they get restricted to their ranches!
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by pythonkid(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2016
buhari getting stupider daily

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by EazyMoh(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2016
Look at these useless Ugandans! Were you not the ones shouting that herds roaming is outdated that the world bow practices RANCHING? As latest as on yesterday threads!
Now you are here posting trash!
Children of hate gonna hate anyways, so better do whatever we believe is for the best. Nigeria must be great.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by EternalBeing: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2016
Just because it hasn't happen to U n I... Nigerians are too selfish, insincere and self-deceitful. Just like d masses would not revolt, Nigerians can't even deny themselves of eating meat for just one month to register displeasure about d satanic wanton destruction of lives. If d herds' men start losing money by losing massive patronage anytime they kill, they would have changed by now.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Pavore9: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Committee or no committee no free grazing or ranching land in the south east. Anyone who wants land should pay for them.

South Easterners should also look into ranching for beef and milk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by IkpuMmadu: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
Why can't these people just go into ranching why nomadic life

We have passed nomadic life like 1000 yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Sunnycliff(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
How special are fulanis to have special security attachees!

Will ranching ever cause problem? Its only grazing that is weird and a recipe for violence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by teamsynergy: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2016
ok
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by tzoracle: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2016
The king in d north

Anyway sha its not his fault, he learned all this in the 'university of north' angry

1 Like

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by ObikeNkem: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2016
Okay
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Sylvarresta(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
They will still come and abuse Buhari here, meanwhile na their flat headed red cap chiefs they sell them...
So good to be back after a year sabbatical leave

1 Like

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by cktheluckyman: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2016
EazyMoh:
Look at these useless Ugandans! Were you not the ones shouting that herds roaming is outdated that the world bow practices RANCHING? As latest as on yesterday threads!
Children of hate gonna hate anyways, so better do whatever we believe is for the best. Nigeria must be great.
So the government should use our collective money to provide free ranches for private fulani herdsmen!! Where on earth is that done!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by keypad1: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2016
Rubbish.....nscdc are just boyscouts
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by Tjohnnay: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2016
undecided
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by legendte(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2016
So this is what this dullard fought for 12 years to get.
Buhari has 3 years more out of which a month and two weeks have gone.
Osibande said GEJ no build any road.
Fashola and rocket science nko?
Look at security, it is even more porous now.
Look at the unity of the country and how Dullard is uniting us with 97% appointment of the northern folks.

The truth is that you cannot give what you don't have. Bubu is not intelligent and his decisions will reflect that. Bubu is a bigot and can never fairly unite the country. Bubu is vengeful.

Look at what yaradua said after his election: "I know that the election that brought me to power is marred by irregularities, I therefore enjoin everyone to join us and build a new Nigeria". He was honest and started the electoral reform. He brought peace to Niger delta and Nigerians saw him as the president of all. Nobody was marginalised.

How did we end up electing this bigot?

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by EazyMoh(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So the government should use our collective money to provide free ranches for private fulani herdsmen!! Where on earth is that done!!
Who told you it was free?
Have you seen the contractual agreement they are meant to sign?
Is the ranch exclusively for Fulani tribesmen?
Answer these first.
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by keypad1: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2016
Pavore9:
Hope they get restricted to their ranches!
my brother i want start ginger farm next year but i dey make these people no use their cows come chop my crops finish.
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by tzoracle: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2016
EazyMoh:

With the very large land mass the north has why can't provision for cattles be made which is sold to make money for personal use

Whether ranching or grazing
Shebi u know that kano is bigger than enugu times three...
Re: Cattle Ranching Programme: FG Inaugurates NSCDC Special Security Unit Committee by InvertedHammer: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2016
/
The country will be great if Buhari pays close attention to it the same way he wants to appease the marauding herdsmen at all cost.

Cattle over people?

Protect yourselves folks.

/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are The Hausas? / Malami Warns Judges, Lawyers Says Justice Not For Sale To Highest Bidders / I Am Not Desperate To Become Next President, Says Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.