Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know (2319 Views)

Engagement: How Do I Ask Her Of Her Ring Size??? / How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? / Advice:- Boyfriend Travelled Abroad Without Letting Her Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2009
Is there anyway to do this without taking her own ring cos she doesn't wear rings.

Anyone with a bright idea or experience pls share.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by eddy1977(m): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
first: never buy her a ring she has no clue about. ( its her who will wear it, not you.if she hates it, it will break your heart).you need to find out her tastes. ( at least a choice of 3 different styles)
go out with her on a shopping spree. distract her with other stuff like buying shoes,cards,ice cream etc, in the mean time you take her to a nearby jewellery store and just tell her,
lets see some jewells( watches,necklaces,earings etc, ). pitch in some thing about her favorite diamond stone , shape and carats. her favorite gold (white,yellow etc, ) or silver,platinum etc, that will give you an idea of how much you will need to spend ( it can vary from a few hundreds to a couple thousands of dollars).let the clerk there, measure her finger and yours. but do this with intelligence.
from there you will know if she is ready for a ring or not.
next, give it times( a few months) for her to forget about it. fake it at best.
if you cant afford the ring ( my woman wanted a 3 thousand dollar ring. took me 6 months to pay off), go back to the store and work a payment plan with them ( lay way, credit etc, ).

this is for now. may be at some point we will talk about romantic ideas to pop the big question to your woman.
thanks.
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by MissyB1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
shocked shocked Is someone about to propose to me? tongue
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by LordReed(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2009
@eddy1977
My heart actually raced as I read your post! It was spot on! Thanks man!

@Missy B
LOL! If I like your ring finger. . . .

1 Like

Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by topup: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2009
Great advice eddy1977. But it sure would break my heart if my guy didn't propose or buy it for me, I'd feel like he was teasing me, I probably would be too distracted by leaving empty handed to know any future game plans to puchase the ring behind my back. At least during this time, I would be able to evaluate for final, if this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. tongue

Ask her friend, but a friend can sometimes spill the beans to the lady in question, so this is a very dangerous option.

You can crack a joke about your either, tiny or thick fingers, and joke about your size, and then ask her what's hers, comment on it immediately, saying something along the lines, of 'strong hands' (if they are thick) or very feminine hands (if they are thin).

Otherwise I know that most places allow you to resize a ring you've picked out if it doesn't fit smiley

Other options is to surprise her to a visit to the jewellery parlour, say you want to get her earrings, and then surprise her with a surprise ring measure and purchase, visit the store first, to check their prices tongue
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by LordReed(m): 8:07am On Sep 14, 2009
@topup
U La La! Anoda juicy reply! Thanks kiss

1 Like

Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by MissyB1(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2009
You could ask her mum and plead with her not to spill
as t's meant to be a secret for now.
              OR
While she's sleeping, get a piece of string and wrap it
around her finger for ultimate sneakiness.
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by TheSeeker(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2009
How many times will this kind of thread be created on NL?
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2009
TheSeeker:

How many times will this kind of thread be created on NL?

Could only find one outdated post n it did not address the situation. Kapish?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by topup: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
I haven't come across this topic on Nairaland before. .
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by TheSeeker(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
Yes, topup, there was a thread about this, specifically this topic. I could have dug it up if I had the time. But wonderful advice you got there for the homeboy.
Re: How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know by LordReed(m): 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Missy B
Are u sure u've not done dis b4 or were you the Mrs Smith Angelina Jolie portrayed?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Calls The Shots In Your Relationship? / Aren't Some Girls Just B**t.c: H.Ƹ̴.s / Why Do I Find Older Ladies Attractive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.