Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (193059 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by costal(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2016
Nice story dear
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2016
I tink someone is in for seduction here(going to the kitchen unclad,when she is especting loenard)
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2016
gudmrn ma pls we need update for breakfast b4 going to church God bless u as u fulfill our desire
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by austine4real(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Vickiey192:
Nice write up. Keep it up

happy birthday sweetheart many happy returns
n I wish u very gud things of life even if u refuse to date me
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gidjah(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
the latest update is your BUFF DAY TODAY.H B D to u.
Vickiey192:
Nice update can't wait for the next episode
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
In an hour or a little more than that, I was done with cooking rice and making a fresh pineapple juice. I had also warmed the sauce using a microwave. I went upstairs, took my bath and started searching for what to wear. After rummaging through my wardrobe, I finally settled for a chiffon top and jean short, just not to dress provocatively.

Leonard was at the door at exactly 11:34am. He looked smart and handsome in his checked blue and white short, then a black top that didn't hide his body.

Me: Wow. You filled out provocatively this past years.

He gave out a smile and walked in

Leonard: And I'm still looking for the right words to use. The past years has being good to you as well.

Me: Don't flatter please, with all these flesh?

Leonard: I'll rather use the word, thick. Just the way we men like it.

Me: I smell a flirt.

Leonard: I'm no flirt dear. I'm just being realistic.

Me: Realistic indeed. Please make yourself comfortable while I get breakfast ready.

Leonard: Thank you.

I left him and went to my dinning which was ready. I rechecked if everything was in place, rice, sauce, chicken, water, wine, then my homemade juice. Everything was just where it was supposed to be. I walked back to him and announced that breakfast was ready. He smiled and stood up before following me. I served him and we ate silently, something I had learnt to do over the years. After eating, we did the dishes together before settling down in the sitting room, with me, in my favourite place which was the floor.

Leonard: So you still haven't learnt how to sick your village self down on a chair huh?

I smiled and handed him the remote.

Leonard: Why will you buy this beautiful settees when you know you won't use them?

Me: I've also asked myself that same question for years. But let's just say that where I sit, depends on my mood.

Leonard: So what's your mood now?

Me: Happy. I'm happy.

He scoffed and I frowned. Lois always said same things anytime she visited but it's already part of me.

Leonard: You're lucky you've got a nice body, if it were some other girl sitting on the floor for the number of years you've been doing it, her backside would have flattened by now.

Me: I see. But sorry, I do squats.

Leonard: Guessed as much. No wonder it's......

Me: Now don't start again.

Leonard: I won't.

He laughed and brought out his phone, dialled a number and spoke for a while before turning to me.

Leonard: Would you mind some grilled fish?

Me: No, thanks.

He ended the call but didn't end the smile.

Leonard: That was my cousin sis. I'm certain she stole some from what will be used this evening. Speaking of which, will you be there?

Me; Nope.

Leonard: Wow. Such a straight and simple answer. Why?

Me: Nothing. I just don't want to mingle with all these people and then later, they'll come and act as friends when all they want is to intrude into your privacy.

Leonard: What thinking? I now understand that you're purposely shutting people out from your life. Pamela it's not right.

Me: I know. But I don't need anybody in my life. I'm okay with Lois, my family and then you.

He heaved a sigh and shook his head, giving me a look that was far from nice.

Leonard: Tell me, what's your sole purpose in life? What do you really want?

Me: I don't want anything outside taking care of my father's business.

Leonard: I'm sorry but you're wrong. Is your father aware that you only think of business? Cause I'll love to speak to him. Friends are what we need in our lives. They're the reason we wake up every morning and plan on how our day will be. Pamela, friends are supposed to be the business empire you think of. No man is an island Pamela. What happened to you? Is this still about Tobe and Claire?

Me: Leonard, you don't know what happened after I left. They all turned against me except Lois. Vanessa and Cynthia chose Claire over me, the same Claire I had introduced to them. My life became a living hell. I had to push everyone away because I was scared of trusting the wrong persons.

Leonard: And do you trust me?

I looked up at him and the tears fell. I was surprised at myself because I thought my tears had dried up. I didn't know I was still open to emotions. He allowed me some seconds before coming over to sit beside me.

Leonard: I don't know what to say about your past relationship. But Pamela, about your friends, you made the mistake yourself.

I looked ar him and he nodded.

Leonard: You see, trust isn't something you can give to just anybody. You were like an open book to them so why won't they toss you when you've attained your limit of usefulness? That's human nature for you. William is my best friend doesn't mean I don't have other friends but he's the only one who knows my secrets or has useful information about me and it has remained so over the years. We choose the path we thread in life the same way we choose our friends. Whatever past mistake you made is giving you an opportunity to amend it now. I'll come to you by seven. We're going to that barbeque together.

He pecked my forehead and stood up.

Leonard: Be that hot girl with thick curves William fell in love with. I want all the bachelors in this estate to drool over you Pamel.

He rubbed my head like I'm a little child before leaving. I was going to have his words at the back of my mind for a very long time.

Good morning all. Forgive me for my recent inability to update frequently. My phone is faulty so I'm praying that I get money asap to buy a new one. For now, I use my mum's phone to update before leaving for work that's why it'll be coming in the morning and sometimes, at night. Have a lovely day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by aprilwise(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Thanks for the updates nd ur effort.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2016
Wow.. Just finished reading all the chapters i missed, nice one pamela wink
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
[b][/b]Tanx for your understanding guys. i will try to be updating using my work laptop. lets keep d love flowing........ wink

2 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by aprilwise(m): 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
am waiting for the updates. your two stories I 've read are superb.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 1:48am On Nov 01, 2016
Thannks
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 3:58am On Nov 01, 2016
tankx for considering our pleasure at least,His grace will be sufficient for u
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2016
For the first time in years, I had to worry about what to put on for a social gathering and how to impress people who are not business partners and clients. The first person my mind went to was Lois so I quickly placed a call across but she didn't pick. I tried over and over but she wouldn't pick.

I slowly walked up the stairs, determined to pick anything from my wardrobe and throw it on. I was just in front of the door to my room when she called back.

Lois: Sorry dear. I was busy with someone when you were calling. How are you?

Me: Apology accepted. Guess who just left my house.

She paused for a while before screaming into my ear.

Lois: Omg Tobe. Did you slap him? Did you throw him out? Is that why you're speaking in that tone?

I hissed a frustrated sigh.

Me: It's not Tobe.

Lois: Then who?

Me: Leonard.

Another pause, then another line of screams. She was happy I had met him, wanted to know where and how we met again. I spared no detail in telling her everything.

Lois: Wow. God works in mysterious ways.

Me: I know that but.....

Lois: To think William had loved you all these years. Babe, I'm happy your life will be having a positive turn around now.

Me: Please quit being dramatic. What do I wear?

Lois: Hmmm. Yes. Ehhm. Where are you now?

Me: In my room. On my bed.

Lois: Small girl. Okay, this is what you'll do. Go and stand in front of your wardrobe and make sure the door is thrown open.

Me: Ahn ahn. Why?

Lois: Quit complaining like a goat in heat and do what your best friend is saying.

Me: Okay. Fine.

I walked to my wardrobe, opened it and stood in front, looking at all the designers in it and imagining what I'll look like in one.

Lois: Ever been to a barbeque?

Me: If I have, I wouldn't be calling you.

Lois: Village girl. I'm glad Leonard is there now, at least, he'll get you back to your old self.

Me: You're talking about Leonard, hope you know his presence in my life will make William come in too. I don't want......

Lois: Hey! Now, look for a white crop top.

Me: So I'm now talking rubbish bah? And a crop top, I'm not wearing that in a public gathering.

Lois: Hello? I'll just hang up and leave you alone to wear rubbish to a barbeque. Do you know who you'll meet there? Or you want to wear a gown or your work clothes to a social gathering?

She was obviously angry and I didn't like it anytime she got angry over my timid choices. I knew that back in the years, I didn't need her help with all those things but right now, she was my backbone, my only support.

Me: I'm sorry Lois. Forgive me.

Lois: Pamela stop this thing you're doing o. You won't remain an island forever. And just so you know, I'll be in Nigeria on Monday. It's time we get your life back in shape.

Me: Lois.....

Lois: A white crop top, I know it's there. I gave you dozens of those and You've never won any.

Me: Are you still angry at me? I'm sorry. You'll make me break down o and it won't be good for this evening.

Lois: How can I remain angry with my sister. You piss me off sometimes but what can I do? I'll have to put up with you because you're my sister but trust me, once I'm back, you'll know that I'm back.

Me; So you're not angry anymore?

Lois: I'm not. So long as you send me dozens of pictures from what will happen tonight. So back to what you'll wear.........

And that was it. Such a loving friend. I knew with all the clothe selection she was making, I'm in for a very long night.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2016
As I was putting the finishing touchings on my make up, my door bell rang. It was 20 minutes past seven. I picked my phone and went downstairs. I opened the door and it was Leonard, dressed in a Gucci singlet, a jean short and a boot.
He stared with open mouth and I had to struggle with myself to go back and change my clothes. Like Lois has suggested, I was on a white off shoulder crop top, a bum short and a jean booty snicker. My long weave on was parked in a stubborn ponytail and I had to confirm if I was truly the one standing in front of the mirror.

Leonard: Wow. Pamela, is this really you? Mehn! Look at those thick curves.

I had to slap his shoulders.

Leonard: Let me express my self babe. You look hot and......

Me: And you're 20 minutes late.

Leonard: I know. Wanted to give you enough time to get ready. You know ladies and the way they take time to dress up.

Me: Will you come in for a drink before we step out or?

Leonard: Nah. Lots of people are already waiting for the barbeque to start and I can't delay them. Come, lock up let's leave.

We stepped out and I locked my door, putting the key in my pocket. As soon as we started going close to the estate's park, I began to feel uncomfortable because I was already getting different looks from people. We had passed some girls dressed in worst clothing but this wasn't my thing or so I thought. I stopped walking and Leonard stopped too.

Leonard: What's wrong?

Me: I need a change of clothes.

Leonard: Why? You suddenly wanna be boring now right?

Me: Not at all. I'm not used to this kind of clothes.

Leonard: But you have them in your wardrobe.

Me: All thanks to Lois. She keeps sending me all these each time she gets new orders.

Leonard: Thank God for that. Listen Pamel, I'm not going to try to preach to you, but we only live once. Withdrawing into your shell and refusing to socialize is the worst thing you can do to yourself. Tobe and his wife will definitely be happy to know that they turned you into a loner. Look around, see your fellow girls, living up life like its no man's business and you want to.......

Me: Hey. Let's go. So long as you'll be by my side.

Leonard: What am I here for?

We locked hands together and walked the rest of the way and guess the first person I saw............

I'm late for work o

8 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2016
hanhan pamel don't do dis now u want to give us bp ni abeg update more b4 going Mi wey dey read self I dey wit my manager no get choice cos u are d best

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by costal(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2016
U saw me ur love tongue
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by costal(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2016
U saw me ur love grin

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2016
This suspens is too much

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by laddybay(f): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2016
This story is the BOOM.
Ahn ahn grin grin
Jokes apart, PamelB u are gifted die
When I read alone unfortunately I was yet to join NL if not I would have bombarded you with remarks of appraisal
Honestly, If there was a better word than perfect, then this story is it

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
laddybay:
This story is the BOOM.
Ahn ahn grin grin
Jokes apart, PamelB u are gifted die
When I read alone unfortunately I was yet to join NL if not I would have bombarded you with remarks of appraisal
Honestly, If there was a better word than perfect, then this story is it
Tanx dear.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Taiofil(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
Jumizie13:
So much hatred I've got for that name FRANCA

Lol..jumizie13
You just made it look as if it's happening life!

Is dat u on ur profile?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by TheBlessedMAN: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Baby u ar awesome....
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Jumizie13(f): 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
Taiofil:

Lol..jumizie13 You just made it look as if it's happening life!
Is dat u on ur profile?

Lolz Yeah, its me
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Taiofil(m): 1:25am On Nov 03, 2016
Jumizie13:

Lolz
Yeah, its me

Lol.. Nice profile

Would love to chat wit u whatsapp...hope u dont mind?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2016
Trying to derail my thread? Please take your time to avoid........

I tugged Leonard's arm and he turned to me.

Me: What's he doing here?

Leonard: Who?

I nodded towards the direction of the supposed intruder who was busy discussing with my pompous neighbour.
There was surprise on Leonard's face then I knew he wasn't aware of his presence in the estate.

Leonard: Babe, I'm not aware of this. Seriously.

Me: I believe you. But what do I do now? I mean, I'm not prepared to meet him just yet.

He placed his hands on my shoulders and I had to take my eyes off this intruder.

Leonard: You must be ready at all times, the bible even said that. God knows I'm not aware of his presence but baby, you must not keep running away. Why not show them how strong you've grown with the years?

He had a reassuring smile on his face and I felt goose bumps all over my skin.

Me: It's okay. So long as you're sticking to me tonight.

He smiled

Leonard: I just said it some minutes ago and I'm saying it now, I'm all yours for tonight.

Me: Fine.

He held my hand and we began to walk towards the crowd. It was like a fiesta was going on. Lots of people were in the park which left me wondering if Akpaka estate was that big to contain everyone in the park.

The master of ceremony spoke into the microphone and people started clapping. It was when Leonard started waving with his free hand that I knew he was just introduced to the people. We walked into the crowd and I must swear that different eyes were boring into my back. I fixed a smile on my face and fought not to look in his direction.

MC: ..........and the beautiful lady he's refused to leave her hand since they walked.

The crowd broke into soft whispers so I waved and held unto Leonard for dear life. We got a stand and stopped. He did the opening speech and welcomed everyone, then he introduced himself and asked everyone to enjoy the night. He came back to my side and used his phone to take a selfie of the both of us before asking someone to give us a full shot. His arms were on my waist and it felt so comfortable (the hand not me o).

Leonard: What do I get you?

Me: What will you take?

The music wasn't loud enough to make us shout just yet.

Leonard: I'm taking spirits.

Me: Pure spirits?

Leonard: Yes.

Me: Alright. Just get me any wine that won't kill me.

He smiled.

Leonard: Chicken or?

Me: Chicken please. I'm a mermaid so I don't eat fish.

Leonard: Wow. Since when?

I slapped his shoulder, a habit that has refused to leave my system.

Me: Just go and please, don't waste time.

Leonard: I'm guessing you haven't been to a barbeque before. Kill time by either using your phone or making new friends.

Me: Yes boss but still not enough for you to waste my time.

Leonard: Fine. Miss CEO. I'll be right back.

He pecked my cheek and walked out gracefully, shaking hands with some people before I bent to my phone. I started chatting with Lois immediately, telling her how far the night has gone.

Harry: I must confess that my neighbour is looking so breathtaking.

I looked up and that was the arrogant neighbour of mine and just beside him was Tobe. A message came into my phone and it was a chat from Lois. "act like he doesn't exist or better still, show him how classy you've turned out with the years. no fall my hand o"
I smiled and locked my phone.

Me: Sorry for the brief distraction Harry. Good evening.

Harry: You're polite this evening and it's nice. At least, I'm getting to see your good side.

Me: Don't make it look like I'm the bad person Harry. Who's your friend?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Lmao... Pamela seff go do shakara, pamelB, cum update jare grin

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Adudavidlee(m): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2016
This PamelB is going to kill me.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
Adudavidlee:
This PamelB is going to kill me.

nah dear. cant kill u

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Lmao... Pamela seff go do shakara, pamelB, cum update jare grin
lol
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Adudavidlee(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
PamelB:
nah dear. cant kill u

Come update pls.
I hv to Nairaland evri minutes to check for update.
MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pamel B pls dear I beg u in d name of God plss come and update dis suspence is killing Mi ave checked ur thread more Dan 30 times today plss biko
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Taiofil(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
PamelB lovely write-up i really appreciate you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story) / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.