Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (193063 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
I almost laughed at his reaction. He was surprised and wouldn't take his eyes off me. I in turn, locked eyes with his.

Harry: Oh! Forgive me, this is my brother from another mother, Edward. Eddy, meet my neighbour, Pamela.

I stretched my arm to give him a handshake which he couldn't resist.

Me: Nice meeting you Eddy.

Tobe: Uhm.... I...

Harry: Falling already? She's beautiful so I don't blame you.

I tucked my weave on behind my ear and smiled. I'm so loving this night.

Harry: So Pamela, you didn't tell me the handsome Leonard is your boyfriend.

Me: Right. The last and first time we met and talked, it wasn't funny, let alone nice.

Harry: I get. So he's your boyfriend?

Me: He's not.

I can swear I heard Tobe breath out. I wanted to speak when I saw Leonard coming towards us.

Me: We'll get to talk some other time Harry, Leo is back.

We all looked in his direction and he had his hands full. He had a tray which contained a glass of wine and a covered plate.

Harry: But you both will make a good couple Y'know.

Me: I'll think about that Harry.

Leonard: Wondering what you're thinking about.

I had to do something before Leonard makes Harry understand that I actually knew who his friend was.

Me: Leonard, meet my neighbour, Harry and that's his friend, Edward.

He looked at me, then looked back at Tobe. I knew what was going on in his mind and it was better it remained so than for him to speak it out.
They shook hands and I took my tray from Leonard before excusing myself to look for a table where I can settle down. I had not walked much when I saw a table of four which was empty. I lowered myself to one of its chairs and began to stylishly devour my chicken.
Girls, ever been in a crowd, you know you're being watched and you're trying to do everything just right? That was my situation at that moment.
I sipped my drink like I was royalty and I bit into the chicken like I didn't want to injure the already dead fowl and chatting with Lois at same time. I felt a shadow behind me so I turned around to see a girl on a long Versace singlet and boots to match. She was beautiful but not bodily end owned like me. She had a smile and I wondered if it was for me. I turned back and resumed eating. It was when she sat down beside me that I knew she was there to see me.

Amber: Hi.

Me: Hi.

I dabbed on my lip with a serviette and gulped down the rest of my wine.

Amber: You're beautiful. Who're you wearing?

Now, I had to look at this girl again. I knew that people living in the estate are mostly top recognised citizens but again, who goes to the extent of noting the designer they wear their clothes?

Me: Thank you. I....

Amber: You're welcome. Please give me a few minutes, I'll be right back.

Me: It's OK. Take your time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gentlebeeholar(f): 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
Thank u so much for the update... I've been waiting all day.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by CasidyG(m): 12:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Thanks for the update dear....more ink to your pen
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:51am On Nov 04, 2016
She came back almost immediately, she had two glasses and I picked one. She sat down and crossed her legs.

Amber: Was trying to be sure I remember this face. Ain't you the CEO of De Bernards?

Me: Yes, I am.

Amber: Then I'm right. My name is Amber and i must confess, you look more beautiful in person than in those magazines.

Me: Thank you. You're not looking bad yourself. The name is Pamela.

She stretched her hand and I took it in a handshake.

Amber: Nice meeting you Pamela.

Me: The pleasure is all mine.

Amber: Actually, I'm going to go straight to the point here cause I don't fancy beating about the bush.

I dropped my phone which I had been busy with and stared at her.

Amber: I noticed you when I drove past you and your boyfriend this morning. I decided I was going to add you to the list of my friends. Hope you don't mind?

I smiled. I used to think that girls love competition, they don't like approaching their fellow girls because they don't wanna appear Jewish but this girl in front of me was proving me wrong already.

Amber: Is that a yes?

Me: Amber, I'm a very boring person, you might end up running away from......

Amber: Boring? With those clothes? Babe, look around, the guys here are ogling you and the girls are wishing to be you, yet you call yourself boring?

I smiled again. Only if she knew that my life was all about work now.

Me: Look......

Amber: The only explanation I'm trying to come up with, for you, is that you're a very busy person and you may not be able to give our friendship enough time to blossom. Trust me on this one, I'll help you with my own schedule.

Me: Your own schedule? What do you mean by that?

Amber: Alright. I'm an artist. I own galleries around here and in Lagos. I'm also a very busy person but I still have time for my friends.

Me; You're an artist?

Amber: Yes ma'am.

Me: Wow. Will you make me a portrait? Please?

Amber: That will be after I'm done with a project at hand. I promise.

Me: Thank you. Wow. You don't look like one.

Amber: Trying to prove to them that artists do well too.

Me: That's beautiful. So you live here?

Amber: Yes. Zone B. The last house in zone B, I don't live alone though.

Me: Your parents?

Amber: Hmm hmm. My friends and my younger sister who schools in Nsugbe.

Me: Oh. That's cool.

She pointed at two girls who were mingling with some guys.

Amber; Those are my crazy housemates.

I fixed my gaze on them, the way they were flirting with the guys, I was sure they're nothing more but runs girls and no, I ain't gonna be friends with such people who'll only remind me of Claire.

Me: I won't lie, I don't like this two.

Amber: Knew you would say that. But they're really nice girls and.....

Me: It's okay. I beg to be excused now, I don't stay out by this time.

Her face creased with a grown immediately.

Amber: Are you not enjoying my company?

Me: No don't say that. You actually made my night a wonderful one. If you don't mind, you can follow me to my apartment where we will spend much time. I don't like staying out by this time.

It was past 11pm and no one was making any sign to go home. I had to leave abeg. Not like I wasn't enjoying her company but you'll agree with me that habits remain habits no matter what.

Amber: That'll be nice.

Me: I'll go tell Leonard I'm leaving now. Will see you in five.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Following u bumper to bumper.kip it coming.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
He was still with Harry and Tobe, another guy had joined them and they were laughing hysterically. I walked to them and notified my presence.

Me: Hi guys.

They turned to me and Leonard's hand went to my waist immediately.

Leonard: Missing me?

I smiled. He was playing along and I was already imagining an estate filled with fun already.

Me: Kind of.

Harry: Ho ho! These two lovers are really getting to me.

Leonard: Go get yourself one then.

Tobe: You both are dating?

His voice was calm and full of surprise.

Leonard: Not yet. She's still playing hard to get.

I saw him swallow hard and his throat tightened.

Harry: Look, stubborn neighbour, you've got to stop this female pride of yours and just say yes.

Me: But....

Harry: I'm serious. Just say yes already.

Me: Fine.

I turned to Leonard and he had this kind of smile on his face.

Me: I want to tell you that I'm going in, calling it a night.

Leonard: So soon? The fun has not even started, the fire.....

Me: You know I don't like staying out this late. Besides, I'm not going to bed immediately. I made a new friend so we want to go in and know more about ourselves outside this noise.

Harry: Tell me you're straight please.

Me: Of course I'm straight. Silly.

He faked heaving a sigh and we all laughed.

Leonard: Alright babe, I'll call you before I go in. Do I get you anything you'll like to take inside?

Me; No dear. We'll manage with the chicken from breakfast.

Leonard: Alright. See you then.

He pecked my forehead, then I waved at the others before catwalking to Amber who was patiently waiting.

Amber: You both are a nice pair.

Me: Who?

She held my hand and we started walking to my home.

Amber: My boyfriend died last year. It's been very hard for me to get him out of my head.

I slung my arm over her shoulder and she paused to look at me.

Me: Let's walk. We'll do the talking inside.

She nodded and we walked quietly to my house. Anybody who saw us will never think we were just returning from a barbeque.
We got to my house and I unlocked my door. We got inside and she helped me brew some coffee after which we settled on the floor of my living room(yes, I sat and she followed my lead).

Me: Before you start getting those feelings, you should note that Leonard is not my boyfriend. I'm as single as you are. We just happen to come from way back as good friends.

Amber: I'm surprised. But you two look so good together.

Me: I saw that.

I sipped my coffee and dropped the saucer on my centre table.

Me: I'm sorry for your loss Amber, but you shouldn't dwell in the past forever. You need to move on. There's someone out there for you and if you continue in this light, you'll end up chasing everyone away from your life. He's gone and there's no amount of abstainance that'll make him come back to you.

She dropped her cup and wiped a single tear.

Amber: You're right Pamela. But what do I do?

I held her hands and looked at her, the tears fell and I let her cry before she came into my arms.

Me: You'll have to move on Amber.

She had cried herself to sleep and I ended up helping her to my guest room.
While I slept that night, I pondered over the words I had said to Amber and realised it was also applicable to me. I had to move on and stop brooding over Tobe.

The next morning while we made breakfast, she told me about her housemates and I realised they were students trying to make ends meet but then, what would bring them to sell their bodies just for money and at same time, come and live in an expensive estate, yet Amber said they're struggling to make ends meet.

Me: They should not influence you o.

She laughed heartily and I was surprised to see her laugh that much.

Me: Shuu?

Amber: If they were to influence me, it would have been a long time ago.

Me: Better o. I.....

I was shut up by the door bell so I excused myself and went to answer the door.

7 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by chinago34(f): 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
love your story, @ Pamela b[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by IamLukas(m): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
Tobe at the door

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gentlebeeholar(f): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
God bless u. More ink to ur pen
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2016
plz dis suspence don kill person now,come and tell me who is at the door before i tell my daddy for u ooooo,lolz
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks for the comment guys. I understand that most of you are disappointed with the way the updates are coming, but bear with me, I've got loads of work now and I hardly find time to update. Secondly, my phone is faulty and I find it hard to use it. But I promise that if you guys stop vexing indirectly for me, your encouragements will push me to update and just like Alone, this story will be coming twice in a day. Your encouragement is all I need. And I'm sorry for not performing up to the expectations of you guys.

I opened the door and there was Tobe, dressed in a packet shirt and jean trouser. He was looking cute as usual but who cares?
I tightened my face in a frown as I leaned on my door frame.

Me: Yes Eddy, good morning. You look like you're just coming from church.

Tobe: Pamel please stop.

Me: Stop what exactly? The greeting or the.....

Tobe: Do you have amnesia?

Me: Uhm.... Yes. So forgive me if I'm having problems with remembering you.

He reached out and touched my head, caressing my forehead the way he used to.

Tobe: Are you serious?

Me: Tell me why you're here please. I was busy inside before you came.

I showed him my hand which was stained with ketchup.

Tobe: I want us to talk Pamela. I'm......

Me: Tobechukwu Onuoha. How's your wife?

He swallowed hard and I smiled, then he tried to say something but was too surprised to say a word.

Me: Surprised? Now, if you've got nothing important to say, get out of here before I call the security on you.

Tobe: Pamela, I.......

Me: You know what? Get out. And don't bring your miserable self to my door again. Fool.

I banged the door and went back to the kitchen. Amber was busy with tomatoes but she looked up immediately I stormed in.

Amber: I wonder the guy who is so unfortunate to come to your house this morning. Who's he?

Me: You were eavesdropping?

Amber: Nope. Just wanted to know what was keeping you, then when I came there, you were shouting so I just left. I'm sorry if......

Me: No. It's alright. He's my ex, he was dating myself and my roommate. Now, he's married to her.

Amber: Holy Moses! And he had the effrontery to come here?

Me: Just let it go. Is the rice ready?

Amber: Yes. Have taken it down. Will Leonard come for breakfast?

Me: Oh! Let me call him.

I picked my phone from the kitchen table and dialed Leonard's number.

Me: Hello

Leonard: Hi babe. What's up?

Me: You back from church?

Leonard: Yes dear. I'm with Harry now.

Me: Will you come over for breakfast?

Leonard: Of course dear. I need to change my taste of food. Let me ask the guys.

Me: No. Wait.

I knew they were going to agree and then, Tobe will come here to disturb my peace again.
I heard murmuring in the background and i knew they were contemplating on coming.

Leonard: We'll be there in an hour.

Me: Leonard, I.....

Leonard: No worries babe. I know what you're thinking but trust me, you'll enjoy our company.

Me: Okay. Amber is still here though.

Leonard: Very nice. See you girls soon.

I hung up and dropped my phone.

Amber: Any problem?

Me: They will be here in an hour.

Amber: They?

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by chinago34(f): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
sowi abt ur faulty phone, just Dat you are keeping us in suspense
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
PamelB:
Thanks for the comment guys. I understand that most of you are disappointed with the way the updates are coming, but bear with me, I've got loads of work now and I hardly find time to update. Secondly, my phone is faulty and I find it hard to use it. But I promise that if you guys stop vexing indirectly for me, your encouragements will push me to update and just like Alone, this story will be coming twice in a day. Your encouragement is all I need. And I'm sorry for not performing up to the expectations of you guys.

I opened the door and there was Tobe, dressed in a packet shirt and jean trouser. He was looking cute as usual but who cares?
I tightened my face in a frown as I leaned on my door frame.

Me: Yes Eddy, good morning. You look like you're just coming from church.

Tobe: Pamel please stop.

Me: Stop what exactly? The greeting or the.....

Tobe: Do you have amnesia?

Me: Uhm.... Yes. So forgive me if I'm having problems with remembering you.

He reached out and touched my head, caressing my forehead the way he used to.

Tobe: Are you serious?

Me: Tell me why you're here please. I was busy inside before you came.

I showed him my hand which was stained with ketchup.

Tobe: I want us to talk Pamela. I'm......

Me: Tobechukwu Onuoha. How's your wife?

He swallowed hard and I smiled, then he tried to say something but was too surprised to say a word.

Me: Surprised? Now, if you've got nothing important to say, get out of here before I call the security on you.

Tobe: Pamela, I.......

Me: You know what? Get out. And don't bring your miserable self to my door again. Fool.

I banged the door and went back to the kitchen. Amber was busy with tomatoes but she looked up immediately I stormed in.

Amber: I wonder the guy who is so unfortunate to come to your house this morning. Who's he?

Me: You were eavesdropping?

Amber: Nope. Just wanted to know what was keeping you, then when I came there, you were shouting so I just left. I'm sorry if......

Me: No. It's alright. He's my ex, he was dating myself and my roommate. Now, he's married to her.

Amber: Holy Moses! And he had the effrontery to come here?

Me: Just let it go. Is the rice ready?

Amber: Yes. Have taken it down. Will Leonard come for breakfast?

Me: Oh! Let me call him.

I picked my phone from the kitchen table and dialed Leonard's number.

Me: Hello

Leonard: Hi babe. What's up?

Me: You back from church?

Leonard: Yes dear. I'm with Harry now.

Me: Will you come over for breakfast?

Leonard: Of course dear. I need to change my taste of food. Let me ask the guys.

Me: No. Wait.

I knew they were going to agree and then, Tobe will come here to disturb my peace again.
I heard murmuring in the background and i knew they were contemplating on coming.

Leonard: We'll be there in an hour.

Me: Leonard, I.....

Leonard: No worries babe. I know what you're thinking but trust me, you'll enjoy our company.

Me: Okay. Amber is still here though.

Leonard: Very nice. See you girls soon.

I hung up and dropped my phone.

Amber: Any problem?

Me: They will be here in an hour.

Amber: They?

PamelB, thanks for entertain us on this platform... We see all the sacrifice you put in place just for ur fans... on behalf of all the ghost reader association, I say thanks u.
Greater height, glory to glory and wishing you all the best in life.

2 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
OkoAnike:

PamelB, thanks for entertain us on this platform... We see all the sacrifice you put in place just for ur fans... on behalf of all the ghost reader association, I say thanks u.
Greater height, glory to glory and wishing you all the best in life.
Amen. Tanx dear. You have always bin supportive with a few others. Tanx alot
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Me: Yes. They. Harry, Tobe and Leonard.

Amber: Outside Leonard, I don't know the others.

Me: Forgive me. Harry is my neighbour and Tobe just left my door.

Amber: What? Are you going to let him come here and ruin breakfast? Please o, I wouldn't want to end up separating fights instead of enjoying this beautiful meal.

I smiled and started frying the beef.

Me: There'll be no need for that. I'll just keep pretending like he doesn't exist. For now, let's concentrate. They'll be here in an hour.

The next forty minutes saw me in the dinning, getting the table ready after I had showered and changed into a mini gown. Amber had gone home to shower and also have a change of clothes.
While i made the table, thoughts of what i would do to get Tobe out of my system kept on coming to my head. I also asked myself where the love I had for him had disappeared to. How could he hurt me like that and still feel so shameless to come back to my life? MEN. They would shoot you and ask you the reason why you're bleeding. I won't let him come back into my life. If I had my way, I'll make him disappear each time my name was pronounced. Again, I asked God, why he created me with such a soft heart. Why wasn't I like Lois or maybe someone else who can pay back evil with evil?
All these thoughts were in my head until my door bell rang. I looked at the table again and nodded in satisfaction. It was Amber at the door. We sat down in the sitting room after she looked at my settings again.

Amber: Are you nervous?

Me: No. I feel different. As at two days ago, I had nobody in my life outside my parents and Lois, but today, I've got three friends in addition to an ex who only made my life miserable. For the past couple of years, I've had a very simple life and I was comfortable with it. Now, I feel like things will get worse with so many people in my life.

Amber: Who was preaching to me last night? Here? In this sitting room? Babe, come on. Whatever happens in Bangkok remains in Bangkok. Your past remains in your past, do jot let it interfere with your future because it won't help, it'll only push you away from people who matter to you. These are the words of my sister and it has always being at the back of my mind before you added yours last night. Pamela, you're a great lady so don't let what's that his name again? Tobe or whatever deny you the chances of being with better people. You get?

I smiled. I felt relief wash through me and I realised something I've been missing for years, closeness. Lois is a great girl but only if she were close. I silently prayed for Monday to come so she'll come home and stay with me. With these two ladies around me, I was already sure of many happy years.

Me: Thanks Amber. I needed that.

Amber: That's more like it. Now I'm wondering what's keeping this boys.

Me: Boys?

Amber: Men.

We laughed and she started telling me about the project she was handling; to deliver 15 works of art, all nature, to the new house of the governor's in laws. The house would be dedicated in two months and needed to finish the work before then. We were still talking when the guys came, with Tobe, having a bottle of wine in his hand........................wonders shall never end.

Breakfast was amazing, we all ate like we were family and surprisingly, I didn't feel uncomfortable even with Tobe's presence. Everyone talked about what he or she does. We got to know that Harry was a barrister (little wonder why he is very arrogant) while Tobe is an engineer(can't remember the name of the company he mentioned).

But one thing was sure, we were all successful and we thanked God for that.

After eating, Amber and I did the dishes immediately before joining them in the sitting room where they were yabbing themselves over glasses of the wine Tobe came with. Immediately we sat down, Harry and Amber started bonding while I got busy with my phone till Leonard brought my attention back to the group.

Me: Anything the matter?

Leonard: Yes. Let's see in the dinning please.

Harry: Just do it here. We're all adults and its fun watching two people or more tango like teenagers. No better place for a quicki'e

Leonard: My guy, your mouth no get shame o.

Harry: I know. But you're still my friend.

Leonard: Na because I like you o.

Harry: Perfect. Like a lawyer, it's very legal.

Tobe: Jonse man.

They laughed, including Amber.

Leonard: Babe, leave this men that has brains belonging to children. I'll join you in the dinning please.

8 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Maryclaire1(f): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks for your consistency ma'am....we understand u have stuff to do...God bless u greatly..happy Sunday kiss
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by iwakacome: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nice story and good work Miss, youre really trying even with your schedule,phone issues you remain consistent. Vry admirable. More grease to your elbow abi na ink to your pen. And God bless the work of your hand.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
You got a good work Pamela. Nice updates waiting anxiously for more
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nice work dear......
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 12:06am On Nov 07, 2016
thanks babe, more grace
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
Leonard: So tell me, what's your plan? I'll confess that I love the way you're handling things but for how long?

Me; Let's go to my room.

He nodded and followed me. We walked up the stairs and Harry couldn't keep his mouth shut, asking us not to take long. I saw Tobe's face and it was not funny at all. I led Leonard to my room and locked the door.
We both sat down as I was looking for the right way to start.

Me: I want to thank you.

Leonard: Why?

I was tempted to slap his shoulders as usual but no, this was no time to play around.

Me: Leonard, it took you to bring me out of my shell. Isn't that enough reason to be grateful?

Leonard: No it's not. It's not. I want you back to your old self Pamela. This Tobe issue is still nothing compared to what will come in the future. That's why I wanna know your plans, that's why I want you to be strong enough to stand on your own.

I was confused, like, what the hell was he talking about?

Me: Are you gonna die or what? Why are you talking like that?

He smiled before sitting down again. He was so close that I could feel his breath on my neck.

Leonard: Does being around him still bring back those feelings?

Me: You mean Tobe?

Leonard: Yes. Who else are we talking about here?

Me: Oh! Surprisingly, it doesn't. I've also asked myself where all the feelings I had for him disappeared to. You know he was at my door this morning?

Leonard: Serious?

He withdrew and smiled, that smile that I was familiar with.

Leonard: I found out his marriage has not been a bed of roses. He's here because he's running away from his wife.

Me: What!

It was more of an exclamation than a question. God is indeed wonderful. Karma doesn't sleep nor rest.

Leonard: Harry was very open to me this morning because he felt I would be in the best position to give advice to the couple.

Me: As a marriage counselor right?

Leonard: I feel for him though.

Me: You're human so you should feel for him. I also feel for him but I believe this is karma. He should get what he served me. As for a plan, I don't have one because I'm not planning to keep him in my life again.

He looked at me and I looked away, surprised that I had said those things.

Leonard: Just be strong okay and don't let anybody try to make you feel out of place.

Me: Thanks Leonard. You've been helpful this past days. I don't know what I would have done without you especially during this confusing times. I'm grateful.

Leonard: It's nothing. Friends do better things.

Me: Like refunding the house rent since we're friends.

We both broke into laughter, falling on ourselves like I just said something that'll motivate a priest to become a bishop.

Leonard: But your name isn't in our records, so I'm guessing your dad paid.

Me: Yes he did. But once the rents expire, I'm not paying again. Come let's go downstairs before Harry adds more rubbish to the ones he had said.

Leonard: Alright Miss.

We walked out of my room and joined the others downstairs. They were watching Jara. Trust Harry, he started talking immediately.

Harry: Neighbour, come tell me how it was. Glad you ain't the loud type.

Amber: Aren't you talking too much?

Me: Don't mind him, lawyers and their bad thinking.

Harry: Yea. I knew it that you like me. Don't worry, we'll talk later in private.

Tobe: Easy bro. You mustn't look at everything in skirt. You.....

Me: Yes Harry. Private so that Leonard wouldn't figure out what we're up to.

While the others talked, I maintained a steady look on Tobe who's face was flushed out of embarrassment.
He stood up and put his hand in his left pocket. Everyone of us looked at him, wondering what he was up to.

Tobe: I beg to be excused guys. I need to sleep now.

Everyone nodded in approval and he began to walk towards the door, then just like he was being controlled by a remote, he turned and said.........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mhen, this suspense is quite great.....
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by dharmybayor: 2:19am On Nov 08, 2016
Woah...I love this suspense
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2016
D suspence dey kil nw.pls wat did tobe said?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by CasidyG(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Lol, jeezzz. Pamela u wanna kill someone with this suspense....thanks for updating shaa but please try to update soon biko
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2016
its not good o, dis suspense is much
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Tobe: Pamela, you know I still love you right?

I became tongue tied. Harry looked from Tobe to my humble self.

Harry: Wait wait. The two of you know each other? What.....

Me: Tobe, get out. Now.

Tobe: I'm leaving your house but I won't leave here till you give me a chance to explain myself.

Me: Explain what? You lying, cheating son of a nobody. Get out.

Tobe: Pamela, you.....

Me: What? I gave you my everything. I was loyal to you like a dog. What did you give me? You first slept with my childhood friend, then my roommate. And you still have the stupid, irritating guts to come back to my life? Is that how shameless you are?

Tobe: I explained to you, I told you that we went to her school and my friends were with girls. I had to just pick anybody. I'm sorry Pamela, I know I hurt you so very much. I'm sorry.

I walked to where he was standing and fixed my gaze on him.

Me: What are you thinking huh? That you have the right to walk in and out of my life like it pleases you? You must be stupid to be thinking that way.

Tobe: Baby, I looked everywhere for you, I went mad when I couldn't see you anywhere. But thank God I've found you. We can start afresh I promise.

I raised my hand and gave him a life threatening slap. I heard Amber gasp and Leonard walked to us immediately.

Leonard: Pamel....

Me: Stay out of this Leonard. You were there, you know how it happened. You knew what I went through. I had to live a lonely life for years. Leonard you're aware. Now, he wants to have me as a side chick. Does he think I didn't hear of his wedding? Ask this fool to get out.

Tobe: Pamela, you have the right to do what you're doing. It's all my fault i know but God knows I don't intend to keep you as a side girl or something. It's how much I love you, it's how much my conscience has dealt with me for the past years. You're my happiness Pamela and my marriage to Claire is just......

Me: Get out. I don't want to see you anywhere around me. Is that clear?

I left them and went upstairs. A beautiful Sunday just turned sour. Amber followed me. I sat down on my bed and she remained standing.

Amber: Do you think he's being truthful?

Me: I don't care one bit. He's a cheat and a liar. I don't care at all.

Amber: But I still can't believe he did all those things. He looks too innocent for that.

Me: I hate that he's back in my life.

She rubbed my shoulder and sat beside me.

Amber: Don't let him get to you dear.

Me: That reminds me, Lois is coming tomorrow.

Amber: Wow. For real?

Me: Yes dear.

Amber; That means, we have to get things ready for her.

Me: Not us, you.

Amber: Ah! How?

Me: I've got an interview tomorrow so you'll have to help me please.

Amber: Oh! It's alright. Anything for you.

Me: Thanks.

We shared a hug before she left for her house. I have a long day tomorrow so I have to start revising on my interviews. I made sure everyone had left before locking up and going into my study.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
tanq dear God bless
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
PamelB, you are awesome. thank God I stumbled upon this great piece. you have a new fan

lemme go search for ALONE everyone is gushing about
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2016
abefe99:
tanq dear God bless
Amen
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2016
khalifahsparkles:
PamelB, you are awesome. thank God I stumbled upon this great piece. you have a new fan

lemme go search for ALONE everyone is gushing about
tanx dear
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Ikdbabie(f): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wow. I love that move girl. @ least the slap will reformat his stupid brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story) / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.