Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? (3656 Views)

"We Both Have Same Blood Type." / Blood Covenant With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / I Had A Blood Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by lionphil(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
please nairalanders i need your help. this is not a joke so please do not count it as one. for those who feel it is just assume it is not cos things like this happen every now and then

i am in love with this girl and from my heart of hearts i intend to marry her. but i was able to find out that she shares thesame blood group with me. we are both AS. I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE what should i do should i leave her and seek another? please i love her soo much and wouldnt want to leave her. i want your candid advice
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by isaiahlegend(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
I had the same problem and the gal involved insisted she could not go ahead with the relationship cos it was thesame case with her elder sister and the engagement was aborted.
Recent findings show that there are medical solutions to this issue but am yet to get any concrete link but as soon as i do you'll get it.
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by baybbootz(f): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2009
You can't beat the statistical odds.

1/4 chance of AA, 1/2 chance of AS, 1/4 chance of SS.

There is no way to select or diagnose an egg or sperm for the genotype. However, there is a way to increase the odds of having an AS or AA baby, without using donor sperm or eggs. But you have to be willing to put your ethics aside.

Here it is:

Using IVF, have several fertilised eggs implanted (2-3).
At about 8-12 weeks gestation, have chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and have this analysed for the genotype - this is a small part of the early placenta, and is the baby's tissue. It must be done using genetic sequencing, as ordinary testing for HbS will not be useful, because the haemoglobins are different at that age. You will then know which babies have AA, AS, or SS genotype. You can then have a selective termination based on these results, leaving only AS and AA babies. Clearly there is a possibility of having all of the babies as SS, although this would be very low, leading to possibly all the babies being terminated, or of having none of the babies as SS, in which case you would be having a very large family all at once.

I would not recommend this method, however, as there is a chance of causing a miscarriage collecting the CVS. Also the ethical considerations of terminating (ie killing) one or more babies while leaving the others is obviously hard to condone.

Good health to you and ur fiancee, hope ds works
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by Godmother(f): 11:25am On Sep 12, 2009
isaiahlegend:

I had the same problem and the gal involved insisted she could not go ahead with the relationship cos it was thesame case with her elder sister and the engagement was aborted.
Recent findings show that there are medical solutions to this issue but am yet to get any concrete link but as soon as i do you'll get it.

Yes, there are medical solutions, but they are not all pleasant. When two AS get married, the genetype of your baby can be ascertained before its born .And if you discover an SS-carrier child, that child can be aborted before its born to prevent unpleasantness later-on in life.
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by Seun(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2009
If you don't believe in aborting babies, then let the relationship end. Many fish in the sea.

1 Like

Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by jossy26: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2009
@lion phil.guy bone the relationship dose advise dey r given u wont work m sure u dnt already v a ss child in ur family cos if u do u wont try it.v lost my 2 younger ones already i m ny jokin at all 1st 1 at 8 nd d second was 18 wen she died its nt worth it dere are oda girls.its even gud u guys v nt bn datin for long.its up to u 2 decide sha but,
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by Fiona0007: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
@poster
For everyone in this situation, a difficult decision because you feel you have little control on the outcome of natural pregnancy.
If she is the right girl, you should probably consider it and pray for the good. Even if you end this relationship and find a new lady there is 10% chance you might see another AS unless of course you ask their blood type before you commit. Please look at the statistics in the previous responses, and bear in mind not all SS become sick and at least half of them may have no problems. But if you are not prepared to take any risk at all that's your choice, no one is going to blame you guys.
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by TheSeeker(m): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2009
You say you love her, isn't it? When you get married, you'll have kids. Definitely you both will love your kids; so what's the essence of getting married when you know there's a chance of you bringing a child with tumultuous health condition into the world? Is that your definition of love? OK with the recent research, you can determine the blood type before birth hence, if the child is SS you'll abort it, and that means love to you?

I advise you break up immediately mutually. It's the best thing for you to do.

1 Like

Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by duality(m): 12:26am On Sep 13, 2009
ask for genotype first when you see another lady grin
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by no1madman(m): 6:41am On Sep 13, 2009
water don pass garri.
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by lionphil(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2009
jossy26:

@lion phil.guy bone the relationship dose advise dey r given u wont work m sure u dnt already v a ss child in your family cos if u do u wont try it.v lost my 2 younger ones already i m ny jokin at all 1st 1 at 8 nd d second was 18 wen she died its nt worth it dere are oda girls.its even gud u guys v nt bn datin for long.its up to u 2 decide sha but,

sorry to hear about your siblings. i cant imagine losing one of mine cos i have just an elder brother and a younger sister i love them both dearly. REALLY SORRY.
I will talk to her and give you guys a feedback. I WISH IT WAS EASY TO LET GO, I REALLY HAVENT SEEN A LADY LIKE HER.
SHE COMPLETES ME
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by lionphil(m): 11:17am On Sep 13, 2009
FOR ALL THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED, I AM THANKFUL. I ALWAYS SEE NAIRALAND AS ONE BIG FAMILY. A PLACE WHERE I CAN COME TO LAUGH MY WITS OUT. I JUST CAN'T LAUGH NOW

GUYS I AM GRATEFUL. WISH ME LUCK!!!
Re: Same Blood Type AS: What Do I Do? by olamydey(f): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2009
@ lion phil,

I understand your plight, truthfully, i have experienced same twice, ( so unfortunate that most guys of my spec turn out to be AS) and i am also AS. If both of you dont feel terrible about D&C, I urge u to go ahead. Ive got an uncle who did same and he had 2 kids and has put a stop to it. But also take into consideration the part of finance cos its gonna cost u some money. Think over the sacrifices to be made, if u think its worth it, go ahead. Afterall, what if u marry an AA, what if she ends up barren? or she doesnt give u rest of mind?

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Blackmail / Is It Possible To Find A Girl That Is Trustworthy Nowadays? / Toasting In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.