Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React (93933 Views)

The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / CNN.Nigeria Aims To Create 400,000 Jobs By Making Pencils / CNN: Nigeria’s First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by oluwasegun400: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2016

Nigerians have blasted one of world’s most popular news channel,CNN, over a photo they posted about How Nigeria Will look like in 2050.

Few hours ago,CNN Africa took to their Twitter Page and posted the above photo asking if this is how Lagos will look like in 2050.The Photo Was later shared alongside an article detailing the perceived marginalization of residents of the state who live in Shanties.

Many Nigerians who didn’t bother to read the article felt insulted that the international media organization actually feels that Lagos could one day look like that…

Below are mixed reactions and comments we culled from Twitter;

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/07/15/nigerians-blast-cnn-after-they-tweeted-of-how-nigeria-will-look-like-in-2050/

10 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by alade112(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Africa is always portrayed bad in western media but i didn't blame them .African governments /leaders create such misery in the first place with their selfish acts and corruption
Western media will broadcast embarrassing images of poverty in Africa or Nigeria, all we know is to abuse them but the images of the place really exist in Africa or Nigeria

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by SIRTee15: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
At least they added cable trams......
With a skyscraper shanty......they also included a resemblance of greenery.
Not looking bad for a nation with leaders that lack vision and are obviously clueless........

284 Likes 27 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
CNN. We can insult ourselves but we won't take any insult from you. An outsider. Stupid people

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by ckmayoca: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
If u call ur father fool why mad if another person call him useless.

Within the same country there is tribalism everywhere and religion bigots so why expecting respect from outsiders.
Abegii make una leave una anger of the PDP, APC and other useless party leaders with no visions.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
That is where Buhari is leading us to

22 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by erusen: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
hahahahaga,this is funny mehn,why are they insulting is Nigeria not a dirty country

27 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Samtob90(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
Yorubas and their lousy swear words

Always disgracing the rest of Nigerians.
Imagine taking their NL psyche to the international media like CNN
Are you okay? Go to school, you prefer running to buses in the traffic

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by alade112(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
Yorubas and their lousy swear words

Always disgracing the rest of Nigerians.

Imagine taking their NL psyche to the international media like CNN

Olu20090:

You are right...they are the problem of Nigeria. Causing trouble left and right, up and down. In fact they live online; gossiping from morning to night...not surprised as 70% of these younger yoruba men are fatherless; raised by mothers only, and usually exhibit similar feminine traits because they have no father figures in their lives. Like the one that attacked Abacha's daughter the other day, then turnaround and apologized...sick indeed
Mstw How will africa or Nigeria develop Must you guys tribalize everything? The first and second comments from the screenshots are yorubas abi I can only count 3 yorubas in the screenshot

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Samtob90(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Olu20090:

You are right...they are the problem of Nigeria. Causing trouble left and right, up and down. In fact they live online; gossiping from morning to night...not surprised as 70% of these younger yoruba men are fatherless; raised by mothers only, and usually exhibit similar feminine traits because they have no father figures in their lives. Like the one that attacked Abacha's daughter the other day, then turnaround and apologized...sick indeed. I told my friend before I open that thread that the guy that attacked Abacha's daughter must be a yoruba, he said no way...how do I know? I said open the thread and see. He was shocked that I was right. I told him; that's how they behave.

Frustrated region, so shall you remain for life. Our next plan is how to enslave you all

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by nextstep(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Online reactionaries... yet the first to litter the streets of Lagos with pure water and gala wrappers. Have you paid your tax or kept your city clean this month? tongue

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Daniel058(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
CNN na God?
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=14pt]Them say Naija go better. [/size]

I say make them fix Date
Hian

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Sunnycliff(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
I wish our politicians will prove them wrong!

2 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Why do black men cry a lot undecided
Are they feigning ignorance of their "laughing stock" status undecided
As long as black men have refused to think independently without western influence.
They should expect slavery and oppression for life from their masters lipsrsealed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by ItsawrapOutfit: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
This is indeed an arrant nonsense and totally preposterous. undecided
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by TI1919(m): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Clone2020(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
LOL, we don't like to hear the truth but lagos is a cesspool and it will only get worse as more people flock to the city in coming years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Afrok(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
I thought the pictures were first posted on Nairaland with the caption "how Lagos will look like in 2050"? shocked
Now it's how Nigeria will look like? Is Nigeria not better looking than that now in 2016 undecided

8 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Pray(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
CNN and thrash are like

17 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Lovexme(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Them don see us finish sha.

1 Like

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by oshe11: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
gbam
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by cutelover19(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
This is the basis of my annoyance for being a Nigerian. The twitter posters refused to see the message, instead they sought to slaughter the messenger. Frankly, that picture may not be far-fetched considering how we as Nigerians refuse development and even go as far as vandalising infrastructure. A little kid once told me "na as goat take stand, na him them dey price am". If we want better recognition of Nigeria, we should strive to encourage development in our own little way and project the right images. those insulting CNN would have done better by posting photos of the high-brow areas in Lagos. My humble logomaky without logopatia

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
ok
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by NaijaMutant(f): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
ok
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by shotin(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin grin
Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by letsbet(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
What can I say, when we in Nigeria never see anything good in our country. we rain insults on people online merely because they hail from a different region of the same country as us, we bombard our leaders and law makers with curses enough to drive a sane man insane. Yet we are often the first ones to abuse the living day light out of anybody that dares mention "Nigeria" in the same sentence with any negative image. In regardless of what the picture is trying to portray.

Like Americans, let's believe in the possibility of a better country.

#God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by Nbote(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dumb Nigerians would not stop embarrassing d nation in d name of reacting to perceived insults. How many of dem have any idea what Nigeria would even look like in d nearest future considering d kind of reckless leaders we've always somehow managed to impose on ourselves. How exactly are their comments going to change wateva perception d world has if not even worsen it. It's not every post, comment or editorial dat requires a response and definitely not a response from a lot who have no idea what d post was about...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React by fratermathy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Haven't they learned?

Only Nigerians are allowed to insult Nigeria! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Voters Descend On Bundles Of Cash A Vote Buyer Came With (Video/Pictures) / Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff / MC Oluomo Shared 8 Cars To His Loyal Staff To Mark His 100 Days In Office(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.