Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey (38333 Views)

Zimbabwe Coup Updates: Robert Mugabe Seen Moving Through Harare / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2016
millhouse:
I tell you when I got to find out the whole of Nigeria's military force is just 100,000 both officers and personnel (army, Navy, airforce), I begin to wonder how these guys could rule 180m people for that long?
that 100,000 will finish 180m,that's the power of weapon.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by 4wrd9ja: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2016
AntiWailer:

And also failing.

Nija coup no dey fail, buhari was once a coupist
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by goldfish80(m): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey has a history of this.
Ataturk, who was and is considered the greatest leader Turkey shaped the country on a western model. He believed that Islam/religion had no place in politics and switched from an Islamic calendar to a gregorian one.
He also installed the army and gave them the mandate of protecting the state from autocratic leadership. This is essentially the rhetoric behind the coup.
He has been accused of leading the country down a conservative route and has made great efforts to strip the military of power.
Other problems are that he has altered rules to enable him to stay in power and is reducing the ability for the media to report freely.
It’s almost a 50/50 split in terms of support and will make it difficult to maintain a coup IF his supporters come out in force.
Bomb in parliament, shots being fired and a scramble to get control of the media. It’s gone nuts.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by whitebeard(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2016
they should not have harmed the junior rank soldiers.. they acted out of order.. I pity them..eya...!!!
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by RitzyPrince(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2016
Funny how in Nigeria those tankers will trample on the citizens....Nigeria Soldiers ain't Soldiers but gods.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by CezarThaViruz(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2016
This some fvcking dope sh!t. If only majority the low life pple we have as citizens can learn from this and stand up for themselves.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by akinswagg(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2016
If the Attempted coup last night in Turkey was to be in Nigeria and the President was aurging the citizens to take the streets to protest against the coup.. Trust me no Nigerian will come out, some go be like
*abi werey ni eleyi sha
*who u epp presi ,
*who wan die
*even some police go resign. # 9ja
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by waltec(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2016
I salute their courage. Democracy is always better

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by flokii: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup has failed already..

I salute their courage, military rule would av been hell for them
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Drsmiles(m): 9:49am On Jul 16, 2016
paiz:
This can't happen in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a place where the citizens are suffering and smiling
The president is a dictator
Where the so called freedom fighters are fighting for their own pocket
Where the military are more ruthless to innocent people and scared when they are confronted with weapons.

But something is for sure one day the sun shall rise again. I support freedom from this zoo I support the Land of the rising sun.
This can only happen where the citizens are one
Here we would be carrying religious and tribal sentiments on our head
And be suffering fantastically
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by smartbros(m): 9:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Try this in Nigeria And you ll die to regret!!
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Drsmiles(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.

Bro no offense
But things aren't what majority voted for
We seem to only be fighting a lopsided corruption battle
Cos many of the corrupt pdp entities are now apc celebrities with a Luke warm anti corruption crusade against them
every other sector is either slow or static
Moribound with excuses
Weekend wey go sweet
U go don know by Wednesday
I pray I'm wrong though
# one Nigeria
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am an expert in the field and you do not have a clue about what you are talking about.

How much of Nigeria's power is Hydro?

The reason for power improvement at the start of the Buhari administration was improved supply of gas. There is no validity to any argument that says rising water level. That is crap. It will have no significant impact.

Under Jonathan, Power generation was low most of the time. w I know, because i have always checked our electricity generation. We had a peak of 4,500MW but most times We were generating between 1,000-3000 MW plus we had periods of Nationwide shutdowns.

There has never been a tradition of decent power.

Even 5,000MW is poor.
I am not saying 5,000 is not poor. What I am telling you is that if Nigeria electricity generation hit 5,000mw, those powered on 33kva lines will not complain. That is a fact. Maybe your expertise ends at looking at data and reading fancy report. Let us look at reality
1. There is always improve electricity generation and distribution between the period of may/june and October /November.
2. People also atribute the improvement to rainy season (water level of the dam ).
3.with 1,000-3,000 mw, 33kva lines enjoy fairly stable power supply.
4. Abuja was getting 420kw with low generation, February this year that generation peaked at 5,000mw, ABUJA got 250kw.
These are observable facts. If you are indeed in the field, you will have known that some changes were made in the distribution network around may/June last year. you might be getting report of improvement in generation but those of us in the know are aware that Nigeria had never been able to successfully distributed more than 3,000mw. You and fashola are getting you data from the same source. A very dubious source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by comeandmarry: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Dem get mind o,you know why,cause dem respect soldiers dia soldiers no dey give civilians unnecessary beatings and oppression. Why nigerians no follow dis kind trend for abacha takeover,rather we dey hide,dey pray make he die quick.how wish nigerians respond dis kind way,we for Don move ahead since,but no o na fela anikulapokuti come be our spokesman till he died.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by iamord(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Coup soldiers feeling the wrath of the people

the soldier's face says it all... 'am bleeped up'
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Patriotism at its peak.
The people has spoken, democracy must reign.
Turkey won join EU for 2019 na this yamayama dey happen for 2016 shuooo angry
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

These are observable facts. If you are indeed in the field, you will have known that some changes were made in the distribution network around may/June last year. you might be getting report of improvement in generation but those of us in the know are aware that Nigeria had never been able to successfully distributed more than 3,000mw. You and fashola are getting you data from the same source

Again, you are misrepresenting facts. If there is high power generation, it will get down to the people and it did. It is just not sufficient to share around. People will still have blackouts.

Forcados was attacked on February 14, that is when the power crashed.

As at 2015, Nigeria had the capacity to transmit and distribute about 7,000MW so it is inaccurate to say that we can not distribute beyond 3,000MW.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

The point is this...

No matter how tough conditions are in Nigeria, Military intervention will make it worse. Countries pass through tough economic times and get over it. It is a cycle.

I can sacrifice my life for my ideals. It will not be for Buhari as a person but against the imposition of military rule.

Unfortunately many Nigerians are too ignorant to understand the difference
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by crate(m): 10:29am On Jul 16, 2016
lonelydora:
This is a perfect example of "One Nigeria Turkey". A country where the people are willing to die for it.

Warning: Please do not try this at home, Nigeria. You may not live to tell the story

They guy lying in front of that tank has a very very very very big liver.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by idupaul: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.

What finger did Buhari lift to make power generation better. ..that was all proceeds from Jonathan's era . YES Abacha was better than this incompetent man called Buhari for your info ..I voted Buhari but today he irritates me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Ferdinandu(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2016
Those Turkish Soldiers who organised the coup are just dumb. Coup in 21st century is far more difficult than that of 20th century because of advancement in modern Telecommunication gadgets. They failed in 2 most vital aspect of a coup.
1 immobilising the Head of State
2 Taking absolute control of the all Telecommunication within the Country.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Ferdinandu(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2016
Ferdinandu:
Those Turkish Soldiers who organised the coup are just dumb. Coup in 21st century is far more difficult than that of 20th century because of advancement in modern Telecommunication gadgets. They failed in 2 most vital aspect of a coup.
1 immobilising the Head of State
2 Taking absolute control of all the Telecommunication within the Country.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by EzeNri(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2016
I love Turkey, where the military respects the wish of the people.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by olatade(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2016
Let us learn a very important lessons from these Turkish events. The notion that Power flows from the barrels of the gun has been rendered useless and ineffective. The reality is that POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE.
Fellow Nigerians, here is our challenge.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
Those are not military men, they are bloody cowards.

So they need to be genocidal sociopaths to qualify?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Again, you are misrepresenting facts. If there is high power generation, it will get down to the people and it did. It is just not sufficient to share around. People will still have blackouts.

Forcados was attacked on February 14, that is when the power crashed.

As at 2015, Nigeria had the capacity to transmit and distribute about 7,000MW so it is inaccurate to say that we can not distribute beyond 3,000MW.
Bros u are not a field person. You are more of an academic person. If you are a field person, you will know the true state of power generation in Nigeria. some people getting electricity was because some people was made to face blackout. I did not say we can not distribute more than 3,000mw. It is a fact that distribution had not gone beyond 3,000mw. That is what is the reality of things. I had written report for my superiors. Those reports are always guarded. They tell you what to write. Such guarded reports are what you have been reading. If you want to be better informed,there are some studies commissioned by world Bank, etc. If you lucky enough get your hands on some of those reports, you may learn things. Unless of course you empathy for this government will not allow you to see the truth
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by elvfab4(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Wen is Buhari travelling to turkey nah undecidedWen is Buhari travelling to turkey nah
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good for them. Foolish soldiers trying to take turkey back to d dark ages.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
vodutive:

Unfortunately many Nigerians are too ignorant to understand the difference

At this point I think ignorance is an understatement. Some people are just willfully dumb.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
EzeNri:
I love Turkey, where the military respects the wish of the people.

Lol! But they didn't respect the wishes of d people. Dts why they tried to overthrow an elected government.

I advise u go and read d news all over again to understand what happened.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by ademoladeji(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
paiz:
This can't happen in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a place where the citizens are suffering and smiling
The president is a dictator
Where the so called freedom fighters are fighting for their own pocket
Where the military are more ruthless to innocent people and scared when they are confronted with weapons.

But something is for sure one day the sun shall rise again. I support freedom from this zoo I support the Land of the rising sun.

Not in this country will the Military be scared of confrontations except in the era where Arms' funds were diverted into personal coffers.

Either the rising sun or the setting sun, Nigeria will forever be Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.