Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey (38327 Views)

Zimbabwe Coup Updates: Robert Mugabe Seen Moving Through Harare / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by bignero: 8:39am On Jul 16, 2016
if only the arab world will unite against terrorists like this.....the world will be at peace

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 16, 2016
Impressive
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Oga, we live in the information age. Data on Nigeria's electricity generation can be independently checked daily.

See: http://www.nsong.org

So yes, Nigeria's electricity rose as high as 5,000MW and dropped to almost nothing when some key assets were attacked.
Misinformation that was deliberately put out to make fashola and buhari look good. Before now, those who want fairly stable power supply pay to get connected to 33kva lines. Now, there is not difference between 11and 33 because power is not available. Yet you talk about improve in generation. If there is improvement, how come the thin is not getting to people 's home Or they just generate and refuse to distribute
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by omenka(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.
Take them to school brother!

Some of these people, deep down, know the truth- but for them, what fun is there on the forum if your comment generate no LIKES??

Hence you see such comments like "Buhari is a bastard" even on thread showing decapitated BH members- and oooh, the likes they get!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by GloShare(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by badderdandem(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

that your same Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt in anyway Jonathan,s time is still better believe me
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

Misinformation that was deliberately put out to make fashola and buhari look good. Before now, those who want fairly stable power supply pay to get connected to 33kva lines. Now, there is not difference between 11and 33 because power is not available. Yet you talk about improve in generation. If there is improvement, how come the thin is not getting to people 's home Or they just generate and refuse to distribute

It was getting to people's homes. What you fail to realize is that even 5,000MW is grossly insufficient for a country of Nigeria's size . I remember people were posting pictures of frozen refrigerators on social media so there was obvious improvement.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by omenka(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2016
bignero:
if only the arab world will unite against terrorists like this.....the world will be at peace
Only problem is terrorists are no "respecters" of human rights. Matter of fact, I think ISIS would be sad they didn't seize this opportunity to blow up some people given how many they are gathered together.

This kind of stand off can only happen against constituted state authority that are signatories to world conventions and declarations.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by ponpon(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Now I don't believe anything I see on nairaland, it's more of a site that misinforms more... Nigerian news, fake news makes it to front page, I can imagine international news, cooked up sh*T....

You combined pictures of people jubilating just to make FP, meanwhile some people in Turkey are happy over the coup....

For cogent international feeds, my advice don't use nairaland... Even twitter is okay, just change your trend location
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by emerged01(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2016
PureWays:
It pays more to be Brave. Nigeria should learn from this.

We are not unite,there is nothing to learn from that protest.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by monerozi5590: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2016
d turkey president is a dictator..... he is planning to change the constitution to suit him........ he wants to change turkey from a secular state to an Islamic state..... for example... adultery will be criminalize and also d ban of alcohol will be imposed ... and all of that..... the turkey people just threw away their freedom.. and he is also trying to will all d executive powers to himself....
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by hungryboy(m): 8:55am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

On average, power generation has been better under Buhari inspite of the challenges. I know areas that had no power for weeks under GEJ so your individual power condition does not speak for the collective.

Power generation was not a lie. You can check Nigeria's daily generation yourself. We are currently generating just above 3,000MW. Until the destruction of Forcados, we were generation an average of above 4,000MW. Even that 4,000MW is very poor for a country as big as Nigeria.

Nigeria has more divisions than Turkey and less people will be willing to make sacrifices.

where do this Buhari supporters get their figures from?,
Today, it will be Femi Adesina telling us that life is now better under Buhari than it was under Jonathan, and that, it's only opposition politicians that are complaining of hardship,
Tomorrow, it will be a Buhari supporter telling us that electricity is now more stable under Buhari than in Jonathan's tenure,
Abeg na dis same country dis Apc zombies dey?
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by dustmalik: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Abuja, Kano and Kaduna not powered by gas what are your talking about

23 out of the 26 plants in Nigeria are gas powered and the power all flow to a national grid. There are no independent grids in those states.
You should stop arguing with kids who don't know anything but to argue blindly due to political affiliation. No matter how you try to educate them, they would never hear you.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2016
This is admirably and inspirational,
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by ify84(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2016
I wish the military is taking over our country...
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by teebillz: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2016
I want Buhari to look at this picture and get one thing right. When the Biafrans, Niger Deltans and some Middle Beltans finally determine to go, the ill equip and barely a million Nigerian armed forces will not be able to hold them with the power of the gun.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2016
hungryboy:
where do this Buhari supporters get their figures from?,
Today, it will be Femi Adesina telling us that life is now better under Buhari than it was under Jonathan, and that, it's only opposition politicians that are complaining of hardship,
Tomorrow, it will be a Buhari supporter telling us that electricity is now more stable under Buhari than in Jonathan's tenure,

Unfortunately, memories are short. I was in Nigeria and spent weeks without power under GEJ.

Electricity generation figures are readily available online.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Tonason: 9:02am On Jul 16, 2016
Hehe I laugh those who say it can't happen in ZOO country, one day shall be one day, monkey will go to the market and will never return.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by skup008(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2016
I doubt if we Nigerians can stand for such.
Kudos to the citizens and congrats to them.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by millhouse: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2016
daewoorazer:
Military is overrated in nigeria...here, at d mention of SOL-, they'd run so fast than a cheetah, no b dat same ear go hear -DIER

human right is above d military.

Btw, one man's food is anoda man's poison...this, Turkey threw away is what 'sum' cntry nids rytaway grin

nw dnt ask m wch cntriez
I tell you when I got to find out the whole of Nigeria's military force is just 100,000 both officers and personnel (army, Navy, airforce), I begin to wonder how these guys could rule 180m people for that long?
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

It was getting to people's homes. What you fail to realize is that even 5,000MW is grossly insufficient for a country of Nigeria's size . I remember people were posting pictures of frozen refrigerators on social media so there was obvious improvement.

In 2013, someone created a thread about power improvement in his area with pic of frozen pure water. It was the tradition in the country for some time now to have improve generation between June to October. It was usually attributed to water level, not gas supply. The tradition was not broken until this year. If Nigeria generated 3,000MW, those on 33kva will will not complain of power outage talk less of 5,000MW. That is why that data about generation during this government is a bare faced lie because in that same period, the was power outage. So where did the 5,000mw go. Who used it?
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2016
#BRAVE HEARTS!...when will nigerians stand-up against this aimless/heartless govt? This is NOT the change i voted!!!
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by jidxin(m): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

What research? This is my field and i am 100% certain that i know more about you about energy generation in Nigeria.

scuse you... I put it to u dat u dont cos if u do, u won't type dat. evrybdy knows d truth nd pls stop being part of a lying govt we must be united. im neither for or against d govt except wen I see a good policy dat will positively affect d masses.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by solaere(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Hardly can dis happen in 9ja of ours d people cannot even stand for themself hmmm ...in 9ja na any where bele face nd bele 4 9ja na political god father nd military stake holder so u see 9ja pple are helpless....
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2016
daewoorazer:
Military is overrated in nigeria...here, at d mention of SOL-, they'd run so fast than a cheetah, no b dat same ear go hear -DIER

human right is above d military.

Btw, one man's food is anoda man's poison...this, Turkey threw away is what 'sum' cntry nids rytaway grin

nw dnt ask m wch cntriez

I used to have a neutral mentality about the armed forces in Nigeria and I was never scared of any gun-wielding uniform-wearing fool. But I discovered that only a few Nigerians share that mentality and in Nigeria, there's nothing.like unity. I was harrassed by a Policeman in mufti because I had an expensive phone on me, I shouted thief on him and pinned him down, could u.believe that not a single.person came to intervene in the matter. . .

So me too now, if I hear SOL.... I no dey do anything o. Otherwise you'll look back to discover you're the only one against.an entire.battalion.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by MightySparrow: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey is a European country since the reformation of the great leader Kemal Attaturk. Turkey has to be civilized and show it to be fully accommodated into EU.

Black people are still primitive in mind and action. Revolution can't easily happen in any black nation.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

there is nothing to access is a failure,
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

In 2013, someone created a thread about power improvement in his area with pic of frozen pure water. It was the tradition in the country for some time now to have improve generation between June to October. It was usually attributed to water level, not gas supply. The tradition was not broken until this year. If Nigeria generated 3,000MW, those on 33kva will will not complain of power outage talk less of 5,000MW. That is why that data about generation during this government is a bare faced lie because in that same period, the was power outage. So where did the 5,000mw go. Who used it?

I am an expert in the field and you do not have a clue about what you are talking about.

How much of Nigeria's power is Hydro?

The reason for power improvement at the start of the Buhari administration was improved supply of gas. There is no validity to any argument that says rising water level. That is crap. It will have no significant impact.

Under Jonathan, Power generation was low most of the time. w I know, because i have always checked our electricity generation. We had a peak of 4,500MW but most times We were generating between 1,000-3000 MW plus we had periods of Nationwide shutdowns.

There has never been a tradition of decent power.

Even 5,000MW is poor.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by SycophanticGoat: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

The point is this...

No matter how tough conditions are in Nigeria, Military intervention will make it worse. Countries pass through tough economic times and get over it. It is a cycle.

I can sacrifice my life for my ideals. It will not be for Buhari as a person but against the imposition of military rule.

I'm pretty sure you were among those that supported burantashi when he wiped out Shiite Muslims just for obstructing his part. Very sure you claimed he was right for shooting at those people, including killing their children and further going to their homes to wreck havoc. I'm also sure you were among the happy ones when the news filled the air about unarmed protesters gunned down in SE.

To you I say, I pray a coup occurs in Nigeria so we see how you'd confront the military. We will only be here on Nairaland to type "eiyah" and "RIP", shikina.. undecided

Hypocrites everywhere...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2016
What our leaders are doing here, they can't do it elsewhere.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2016
jidxin:
scuse you... I put it to u dat u dont cos if u do, u won't type dat. evrybdy knows d truth nd pls stop being part of a lying govt we must be united. im neither for or against d govt except wen I see a good policy dat will positively affect d masses.

Oga, show me the research.. Data on Nigeria's power has been available online for a few years..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister / Egypt Palm Sunday Service Bombing: Blast Kills 21, Injures Dozen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.