Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey (38324 Views)

Zimbabwe Coup Updates: Robert Mugabe Seen Moving Through Harare / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by banmee(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2016
pendusky:
Lol, I see Nigeria soldiers copying the same thing soon.... grin

And it is what Nigeria desperately needs. For it to work we need to do it the way Jerry Rawlings did his in Ghana in '79.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by banmee(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
OP...you think people will come out to defend the government in Nigeria if the military choose to seize power...with all this suffering going? For where...wasn't even this bad under Abacha. Even my neighbor Adewale who campaigned and voted for Buhari will not dare even look outside...he has been sleeping outside since Buhari came to power; at least under Jonathan he was sleeping inside because there was light at night.

Are you for real? It wasn't this bad under Abacha? Bros, how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by chidozieikeji2: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2016
They should fight their way into the presidential palace and arrest edrogan dis coup must suucceed and if the masses protest they should roll out thanks and before 2 days dia govt will gain momentum
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by gloryman91: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
So people love this government like this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by rhymaholic: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
This is what a country should be like. Stand up against elements trying to disstabilise the government but my country Nigeria would rather be disunited and support the coup if it happened here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by jojosweet(f): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
junketer:
The only thing i've got to say is.........if this were nigeria, that armored tank for turn that guy to pap. And again which nigerian youth go fit get liver go lay down for front of moving bicycle muchless a tank? Naija youths after hearing about coup in naija, go be like.....not my problem. But now i think nigerians will support any coup now in nigeria, going by what is happening in naija, who wants a dullard in power
I don't think a coup is needed in naija at all because it will be like going from frying pan straight to fire!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Jesona(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
hope4nigeria:
shut up dia! What they ask u is! Can you lie down under that armor Tank for Buhari? Answer Now.

You deh mind that guy? l

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

Power distribution was fairly okay during Jonathan. At least were I live, power was available for about 22hours. Not any more, even when fashola was telling lies about increase in generation, we were having serious outage. The people of Turkey should be commended even admire. Here in Nigeria, while majority of buhari supporters will be from Muslims in the north, the southern part will go about as nothing had happened. Some will even rationalize it.

On average, power generation has been better under Buhari inspite of the challenges. I know areas that had no power for weeks under GEJ so your individual power condition does not speak for the collective.

Power generation was not a lie. You can check Nigeria's daily generation yourself. We are currently generating just above 3,000MW. Until the destruction of Forcados, we were generation an average of above 4,000MW. Even that 4,000MW is very poor for a country as big as Nigeria.

Nigeria has more divisions than Turkey and less people will be willing to make sacrifices.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2016
The military of course should not lead any part of the modern world but can intervene in any country where the government lacks direction and focus. I think military intervention is needed in Nigeria. The Military should overthrow the government, sanitize the system and pave the way for transition. It happened in Egypt and nothing happened so why not Naija? Any coup attempt in Nigeria can be justified and will be commended by world leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by mu2sa2: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

Power distribution was fairly okay during Jonathan. At least were I live, power was available for about 22hours. Not any more, even when fashola was telling lies about increase in generation, we were having serious outage. The people of Turkey should be commended even admire. Here in Nigeria, while majority of buhari supporters will be from Muslims in the north, the southern part will go about as nothing had happened. Some will even rationalize it.
How can you have power when you people are destroying the gas pipelines supplying the power stations? You people think you are discrediting pmp administration by sabotaging oil/gas facilities but you are infact inflicting hardship on yourseves.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 16, 2016
i did not see any senator or politicians stop the coup, it was civilians oh, bloody civilians. But in Nigeria they would first ask u what did ur senator said or what is your people in goverment doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by cruz419(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2016
Let me ask wat d difference between d civilian or Democratic rule we claim to be runing and d military rule to me no difference dey are one and desame to me in dis country beside since independent it been retired military men Dat has been ruling except for jonathan so wat den are we saying,, to d question I can't sacrifice my self for dis country at dis stage am all about my self cos d people up dere are also dere for dere Pocket,, I see turkey and I see citizen who love and believe in d government of d Day I salute dere bravery!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by jidxin(m): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.
bros shattaap dont say wat u dont know...dobt be too gullible. d power generation was a scam. I made a little research cos our light den was worse during dat tym nd it was same almost everywhere nd ppl were clamoring that d power generation be reverted bk to whr it was....so pls as far as I'm concerned dere ve bin no improvement everything under dz gov re lies propaganda vendetta nd nothing else
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by kushma(m): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.
there was light in my area very well ooo.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by greatbrian(m): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2016
daewoorazer:
Military is overrated in nigeria...here, at d mention of SOL-, they'd run so fast than a cheetah, no b dat same ear go hear -DIER

human right is above d military.

Btw, one man's food is anoda man's poison...this, Turkey threw away is what 'sum' cntry nids rytaway grin

Military z overated in nigeria ko? If ur village chief have 10 head go n stand in front of one........ Or betterstill be there when clowns are doing there plumming and see how overated it z ursef

nw dnt ask m wch cntriez
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2016
mu2sa2:
How can you have power when you people are destroying the gas pipelines supplying the power stations? You people think you are discrediting pmp administration by sabotaging oil/gas facilities but you are infact inflicting hardship on yourseves.
Pipeline vandalization was seen as a testament to Jonathan 's in competence. While is it an excuse for this government. Besides, ABUJA, Kano, Kaduna etc are not power by gas plant. Why is power generation in such area bad?
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2016
jidxin:
bros shattaap dont say wat u dont know...dobt be too gullible. d power generation was a scam. I made a little research cos our light den was worse during dat tym nd it was same almost everywhere nd ppl were clamoring that d power generation be reverted bk to whr it was....so pls as far as I'm concerned dere ve bin no improvement everything under dz gov re lies propaganda vendetta nd nothing else

What research? This is my field and i am 100% certain that i know more about you about energy generation in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by greatbrian(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2016
What's more confused than a civillian or lemme say many civillians coming together. Am sure the goats were not satisfy with the way the he goat was leading them. Now calvary came from some heros and the best they could do was compromise them

Indeed, the greatest sin on earth z to be a civillian
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

Pipeline vandalization was seen as a testament to Jonathan 's in competence. While is it an excuse for this government. Besides, ABUJA, Kano, Kaduna etc are not power by gas plant. Why is power generation in such area bad?

Abuja, Kano and Kaduna not powered by gas what are your talking about

23 out of the 26 plants in Nigeria are gas powered and the power all flow to a national grid. There are no independent grids in those states.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Mackson01: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Power of the people
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by khadaffi(m): 8:26am On Jul 16, 2016
junketer:
The only thing i've got to say is.........if this were nigeria, that armored tank for turn that guy to pap. And again which nigerian youth go fit get liver go lay down for front of moving bicycle muchless a tank?

You are a kid. Please only say what you know. I still remember vividly when we protested during Babangida's regime. In Benin city here, right in ring road as we sang and marched, the military faced us with armored tanks and as they moved forward everybody just lie down simultaneously. They had no choice but to use other means to disperse the crowd. Even when INEC refuse to declare Oshiomhole winner, did people not protest right in front of the soldiers.
The truth is that in Nigeria before a coup takes place the masses are actually yearning for it. So when any military man leads the coup, he will be cheered regardless of who he is.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by cherriton12: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey failed coup in the Middle East
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by nikz(f): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2016
hope4nigeria:
shut up dia! What they ask u is! Can you lie down under that armor Tank for Buhari? Answer Now.
Hahahahaha this guy is mean men! Omg!
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2016
And when Biafrans come out en-masse to support or die someone will call them hungry youths. i did not see Turkeys prime minister children protesting and even died but NIGERIA they always assume is hungry people that protest.. rubish
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by feaworaoja007: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2016
lol...ds soldiers sef; why did they now come out with tanks and guns and soldiers if they don't intend using it?
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

On average, power generation has been better under Buhari inspite of the challenges. I know areas that had no power for weeks under GEJ so your individual power condition does not speak for the collective.

Power generation was not a lie. You can check Nigeria's daily generation yourself. We are currently generating just above 3,000MW. Until the destruction of Forcados, we were generation an average of above 4,000MW. Even that 4,000MW is very poor for a country as big as Nigeria.

Nigeria has more divisions than Turkey and less people will be willing to make sacrifices.

You are wrong! Vary wrong!! Places with Power outage where exchange and place on more stable lines. A good example is places like citec along air road that is enjoying improve power supply sine June last to the detriment of people in karmo, gwagwa and the likes. The changes took place for economic reason. The improvement you see in those area is because some other areas are facing "dis-improment" . All the talk about improvement in generation is a big fat lie. Was is too long ago that zero MW were recorded in the country?? . We got to know because someone outside the country came out with the news.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by mu2sa2: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

So to you Gej was super competent in governance. That's a good selling point for a second term.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by 989900E: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2016
Coup in 2016 with social media, and camera phones? Try it.

This was my take last week on the coup rumor in Nigeria.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA -- IT IS POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

You are wrong! Vary wrong!! Places with Power outage where exchange and place on more stable lines. A good example is places like citec along air road that is enjoying improve power supply sine June last to the detriment of people in karmo, gwagwa and the likes. The changes took place for economic reason. The improvement you see in those area is because some other areas are facing "dis-improment" . All the talk about improvement in generation is a big fat lie. Was is too long ago that zero MW were recorded in the country?? . We got to know because someone outside the country came out with the news.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2016
mu2sa2:
So to you Gej was super competent in governance. That's a good selling point for a second term.
To me buhari is worse than Jonathan. Nigeria have no improvement in any area since buhari took over. In fact, the change have all been negative.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2016
shala01:

Oga, we live in the information age. Data on Nigeria's electricity generation can be independently checked daily.

See: http://www.nsong.org

So yes, Nigeria's electricity rose as high as 5,000MW and dropped to almost nothing when some key assets were attacked.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by onatisi(m): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2016
PureWays:
It pays more to be Brave. Nigeria should learn from this.
Ask those that were brave in Nigeria during the 1993 abiola riots in Lagos. Abacha order full fire on protesters and nothing happened

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister / Egypt Palm Sunday Service Bombing: Blast Kills 21, Injures Dozen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.