Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Devil has the money ( A Novel) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) (75337 Views)

The Devil In The Suit / The Devil Wears Okrika / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2016
HolyTitus:
Been an avid reader on NL for a very long time now; writers on NL always makes my comments superfluous because, no matter how hard I try, I always find it very hard to look for words/ sentence I could use to sauce these suave and talented writers for their great jobs. You guys have always made my time being here reading worth it. May Almighty God continue to enrich your world-class knowledge, Amen. Thank you

Thanks bro, May God bless u too
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by johnwizey: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2016
How on earth did i missed 3 episodes Kojo don score for Ama's goal post grin shiit happens sha!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by emerged01(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2016
I love this story! Bibijay123,you are doing a great job. Pls where are you from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:16am On Jul 27, 2016
emerged01:
I love this story! Bibijay123,you are doing a great job. Pls where are you from?

Good morning bro. Thanks! My parents are both from Togo but me i am a Nigerian grin

1 Like

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by pmc01(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2016
bibijay123:

Hello bro. You may share it. I appreciate you asking me first. Thanks!
sincere thanks ma'am. Gracias
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2016
emerged01:

Good morning bro, thanks! My parents are from Togo but i am a Nigerian grin

5 Likes

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by emerged01(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2016
bibijay123:

Good morning bro. Thanks! My parents are both from Togo but me i am a Nigerian grin

You are a plus to us. I'm very happy that you have chosen to be a nigeriangrin I love your story,it's captivating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by pmc01(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2016
bibijay123:

How is that? Mind telling us?
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2016
Dedicated to my avid readers......Thank you all.

*Continues*

Ama and i were seated on the beach sand, the sound of the waves was like a melodious tune to my ears. It has been two weeks since i had the fight with king. I found myself missing them, somehow the trio had found a way to sneak into my heart. Pickings has been so slow that i was getting angry at everything and everyone. Ama was the only bright spot in my life, at night we would cling to each. Our passionate joining somehow made the world seems right for us again.

" Your friends are here"

" I saw them"

They walked up to us and greeted Ama.

" Frere ( bro) i want to see you" King stood wearing shorts and a polo, his eyes were bloodshot. " In private"

" If you have something to say to me, spit it out now"

He nodded at Ama, indicating that he didn't want her to hear whatever it was he had to say. I excused my self and followed him towards the waves. We stopped few feets from the water.

" Am sorry bro, i shouldn't have made fun of you"

" Am sorry too" I forced myself to say.

" Good! We have missed you"

I laughed. " What's up"

" Nothing much bro, am getting testy. I want to leave this country "

" Okay" i said.

" So have you taken care of the little problem?" He wanted to know.

" Which problem "? I asked stupidly.

" The popped champagne of course"

I glared at him and swallowed my pride " I dont know what to do"

" Good " King beamed at me. " You will get rid of it fast so we can all hightail it out of this country."

" Get rid of what? did you just tell me to kill my own baby?" I wanted to punch him again but I held myself back.

" Baby?" That thing is not a baby yet! its just blood clot"

" Am not killing my child" i said vehemently.

" What do you know about being a father? do you want to see your child on the streets like us? do you have the means to care for a child?"

" Am thinking of sending her back home" I hadn't thought of that, it suddenly popped into my head. .
King laughed " What will your precious baby and the mother feed on when you send them back?" He brought out a little envelop and threw it at my feet. " I knew i would hear you spurt out these nonsense when i get here "

I retrieved the envelop from the ground " What is this?"

" Tablets! Give her one of each, today, when your so called baby drops out, give her two of the big yellow one." He whistled and his pet dogs, lion and Tiger came running.

I watched them go holding the envelop. I mentally willed my legs to move but they stood rooted to the spot. Should i go ahead with it or throw the envelop into the water?

TBC

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Lyoncrescent: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2016
Started this morning and now i am here. This story is a breath of fresh air. Excellent work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2016
pmc01:

How is that? Mind telling us?

Lool okay! I was born here o
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
Started this morning and now i am here. This story is a breath of fresh air. Excellent work.

Thanks!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2016
emerged01:

You are a plus to us. I'm very happy that you have chosen to be a nigeriangrin I love your story,it's captivating.

Thanks!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by missnazzy(f): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
:DEntertaining, intriguing, interesting! feed me more please.
Entertaining, intriguing, interesting!
feed me more please.

1 Like 1 Share

kojo swam without a raincoat. one can never be too careful. chai...I pity them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Olivers2J(f): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Babe update fast nau, D suspense is too much. Good job though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by enigmatic16(f): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
More pls... I'm here wondering what happens next, it's like I'm seeing a movie, the use of imagery in this work is highly admirable, u killed it bibijay123 keep it 100!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
enigmatic16:
More pls... I'm here wondering what happens next, it's like I'm seeing a movie, the use of imagery in this work is highly admirable, u killed it bibijay123 keep it 100!!!

Thank you!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Olivers2J:
Babe update fast nau, D suspense is too much. Good job though

Trying my best sweet. Thanks! kiss

1 Like

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
adefunke62:
this is seriously serious, from one trouble to another. hmm, is it not even better for Pam to be with them? how will they cope now... well done sis

Thank you sis!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Anugod(f): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hey, what do y'all think? Should Kojo go on with the abortion plan or otherwise?? Opinions please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by arosunshine(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Phashion(f): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
great job I love ur story more ink to ur biro bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
* Continues*

I tossed and turned on the bed. It was sopping wet. i remembered what some parents do to their children who still bedwet. Some over zealous parents catch frogs and tie it to the child' s thigh while he slept. There's no way you can sleep peacefully with a croaking squirming creature tied to your thigh or even bedwet again. I smiled in my sleep, absentmindedly, my hand touched the wet spot on the bed. I brought the hand to my nose to sniff it. What is this smell? My eyes flew open in alarm. I switched on the bulb. The bed was soaked with blood. God what have I done? Ama!

"Where is she?" My eyes followed the trail of blood leading to the bathroom. Ama, my Ama was in a pool of blood groaning on the floor. I carried her into the baththub, i washed the blood coated on her thighs. What to do now? i was confused. Hospital! Yes hospital. I carried her back to the room and laid her on the bed. I hurried out of the room, locking the door behind me and pocketing the key.

I ran to where the boys were likely to be. I saw them playing on the beach, on seeing me from afar they ran towards me.

" Ama, Ama is bleeding " i need some money to take her to the hospital"

" Relax bro, she is supposed to bleed. That is how the medicine works" King said.

" Why didn't you tell me! Oh God! she is losing too much blood" i shouted.

Ama had insisted on using the drugs when i showed them to her. She understood that a baby would only complicate things for us. I followed King' s instructions, giving her one of each of the five tablets except the big yellow one.

" Come let's go see her. Lion and Tiger go and buy hot gin mixed with ginger. " He handed Tiger some bills " Buy hot pap and chicken pepper soup too"

The boys raced away to do his bidding.

" Come Kojo"

I opened the door and we entered the room. Ama was unconscious on the bed, her life blood slowly draining out of her. I rushed to the bed side gathering her into my arms. King checked her pulse looking at me in alarm.

" What is it?" i cried.

" We have to leave here now! Oh God"

" Why? Why? " i sobbed. " We have to take her to the hospital"

" Did you follow my instructions this time around? "

" Yes! Yes i did! Am taking her to the hospital now"

" Too late bro, she is dead"

" Shut up! Shut up your filthy mouth! " I placed my ear against Ama' s chest, her heartbeat was faint. " She's not dead!"

" Kojo, Kojo listen to me! if you take her to the hospital you will surely be arrested! the doctors will find out what we did and alert the police"

" God! God! I can't leave her here like this! how about we take her to the hospital and leave her at the gate" i continued sobbing. What do i do now? life was much easier when i kept my manhood in my pant. I brought out the bastard ( manhood) for few minutes of pleasure, now see where it has landed me. My poor Ama. My beautiful Ama.

" How do we carry her out of this room without the receptionist seeing us and alerting the police?. Bro she's dead anyway, no point in us going to jail. Ama won't want us to go to jail too. I say we run now and leave the country tonight ".

I held Ama and sobbed. I cursed my father for spilling his seed in my mother ' s womb and bringing me into this world. I blamed Mensah for entrusting his sister in to my care. I blamed myself for my foolishness and pride. I cursed God for being wicked. Why me? Why Ama? Oh Ama!

" Let's go" King pulled on my hand. " Let's go bro"

I cut some strands of Ama ' s hair and tucked it into my pocket. We left the door ajar so the hotel cleaners could discover her body on time.

End of Episode 6

TBC

Share your views guys!

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Phashion:
great job I love ur story more ink to ur biro bro

Thanks babe! Bt am a babe! grin
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
arosunshine:
bibijay123 darling u are an excellent writer,
ur story got me glued to my phone since yesterday.
Darling u are d bomb,
more ink to ur biro.

Thanks!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Cornerstone001: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice work.
Please bibijay123, kindly mention me whenever you're back for the next episode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Cornerstone001:
Nice work.
Please bibijay123, kindly mention me whenever you're back for the next episode.

Ok boss. Noted! Thanks!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks, do u think it should be more suspense filled? Or i keep posting?

pls do keep it the way it's going.
Jah' bless U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Cornerstone001: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
bibijay123:

Ok boss. Noted! Thanks!

You're welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by johnwizey: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ama don die sha, i dont think kojo will ever forgive himself.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***---- / Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.