Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks (30883 Views)

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Guyman02: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2016
Musiwa419:
Ben Bruce is an Ijaw Politician who has most of his business concerns in the South West; He cannot claim to be oblivious of the sustained and unprovoked attacks his Ijaw Militant brothers have unleashed against Yorubaland, most especially the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state respectively.

You celebrate the richest Yorubas on this forum like Folorunsho Alakija the former tailor now richest woman in Nigeria, Otedola, Adenuga, Obat, all the who is who in Yorubaland have their key investment and source of income from oil blocks (not in Yorubaland) but in the Niger Delta. go figure before you spew trash. Ben Bruce is just one Ijaw man
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by echomog1: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2016
So they have 13days to attack ehkwa?? Mtchew! Cowards on rampage.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by rottenegg: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2016
bakynes:
All these SS and SE people think OPC wont defeat Niger delta Militants because of sophisticated weapons the militants carry. OPC do not rely on guns they have charms as well. I do know the militants use charms too but no tribe can really match the Yorubas in Charm and Voodo in Nigeria except the Hausa-Fulanis. I have seen an OPC vigilante in my area walking invinsible with only shoes moving abt.
So do not discard their threat. Its better we all encourage peace.
Babalawo in training spotted!
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by wickedworld: 10:54am On Jul 21, 2016
If the niger delta are wise they will not see this as a threat because they claim to protect their own territory. And fight for their land.

What if the case is vice visa , wouldn't they see it as insult on their own part? They should stop making unescensary problem and face FG to fight for their land as they claim.

Why shedding innocent blood? Keep ur war at ur zone.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2016
Could you please enlighten me on how the southwest run their mouth on what does not concern them

Stingman:

But you guys were running your mouth...on things that doesn't concern you. Now you have invited the lizards after harvesting woods with insects...Una see una lives...?
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2016
my problem with OPC is that when they decide to reply the Nigeri-Delta Militants,instead of going to face them in their border or territory,, they simply go to Apapa, Ajegunle, Idi-araba and other communities within Lagos to attack tax-paying ijaw residents and small business owners who operate joints where these laggards go to spend their toll monies from okadas and keke-napep.. how intransigient tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Iganboh: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2016
It is very wrong for militants to attack any community to the point of killing innocent people.
In the same vein it will be wrong and cowardice for OPC or any group to attack innocents. If they are brave they should go for the perpetrators. Two wrongs don't make a right!!!! But wait,, is OPC just waking up because there as being many killings of their kinsmen by their Fulani brothers.
Militants leave innocents
opc leave the innocents
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bionixs: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2016
I I HATE IT WHEN EDUCATED PEOPLE DONT USE THEIR HEAD. EVERY ROBBERY,KIDNAPPING GANG IN OSHODI ,MUSHIN ARE NOW ND MILITANTS,MESSAGE THEY LEAVE BEHIND AFTER ATTACKING HELPLESS MEN AND WOMEN. HAVE THEY CLAIMED BY THEIR SPOKESMAN THAT THEY ARE BEHIND THE ATTACKS AS THEY NORMALLY ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIER ACTIONS OR ARE SEEKING FOR NOTICE OR MAYBE COVETING PROPERTIES THAT BELONG TO IJAWS IN YORUBALAND? POINT OF CORRECTION,YORUBAS DONT ACCOMODATE ,JUST THAT THEY ARE NOT DARING. THE MOST ACCOMODATING TRIBE IS THE IBOS,THEY ARE TOO BUSY AND HAVE ANYONES TIME. ASK YORUBAS WHO LIVE THERE OR STUDIED THERE
Musiwa419:
Ben Bruce is an Ijaw Politician who has most of his business concerns in the South West; He cannot claim to be oblivious of the sustained and unprovoked attacks his Ijaw Militant brothers have unleashed against Yorubaland, most especially the riverine communities of Lagos and Ogun state respectively.

I'll take these threat from the OPC with a pinch of salt, but It is high time Ijaw leaders call their Ijaw Militants Youths to order. If the sparks turns to an inferno, they might not be able to put out the fire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Gkemz: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2016
Or what
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by fxskye: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2016
AustineE1:

No right thinking Niger-deltan will tell you they are celebrating the killing of Yorubas either in Ogun or Lagos but the truth remains that the Yorubas are by nature very loud and noisy. Agreed the insurgency in the Niger-delta brought about a lot of hardship in Nigeria and then the military option by FG brought about pain and death to the ordinary citizenry of the Niger-Delta region,everyone would think that the federal government through appointments,equitable distribution of wealth,fairness in all ramnification of the polity,try as much as posible to placate the aggrieved regions but rather its open marginalization policies are been celebrated and proped up by people wld should know better(south west).
.....'in the end we shall remember not the words of our enemies but the silent of our friends'. Dont forget that the greater south is watching the Yorubas pitch tent with the oppressors in the worst form of regional hypnotism,just because of a vice presidential slot.
Any attempt to threaten the investment of Niger-Deltans in the south west cld be a very dangerous gamble,most Yoruba elites derives their income from oil,both upstream and downstream sector,go to Rivers and then you will appreciate the fact that for every one Ben Bruce's or his tribes men investment attacked in Lagos,there are twenty huge yoruba investment in the Niger Delta waiting for the demolition man.
We must give peace a chance and there can never be peace without justice and fairness.

Yes, We must give peace chance to reign. It is also unfair to have attacked a nation just because the vice president comes from that nation. If the Niger Delta is having issues with the Northern led govt, how has that become a compulsory obligation for the South West to support ND view?

The truth is, of all the ethnics in Nigeria, Yoruba has remained the most hospitable nation. And that shouldn't be taken as a privilege to do & undo anything the Niger Delta want. To heed to the warning is to give peace chance to reign.

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2016
You are just being sentimental and tribalistic here. There are ways to resolve issues rather than taking sides

AustineE1:
First it was Aborigine Ogboni and then came the reformed Ogboni fraternity.
We all knew of OPC and now there is the reformed OPC.....please can any yoruba tell us what was actually wrong with the first before the reform.
Waiting with bated breath to see reformed Remi Tinubu,that will be respectful,cultured,humble,civilized and behave in a motherlike way.
Apology for the digression.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:02am On Jul 21, 2016
At first, I was seeing sense in your point but along the line you became immature like your partner. There are better ways to resolve issues

AustineE1:

No right thinking Niger-deltan will tell you they are celebrating the killing of Yorubas either in Ogun or Lagos but the truth remains that the Yorubas are by nature very loud and noisy. Agreed the insurgency in the Niger-delta brought about a lot of hardship in Nigeria and then the military option by FG brought about pain and death to the ordinary citizenry of the Niger-Delta region,everyone would think that the federal government through appointments,equitable distribution of wealth,fairness in all ramnification of the polity,try as much as posible to placate the aggrieved regions but rather its open marginalization policies are been celebrated and proped up by people wld should know better(south west).
.....'in the end we shall remember not the words of our enemies but the silent of our friends'. Dont forget that the greater south is watching the Yorubas pitch tent with the oppressors in the worst form of regional hypnotism,just because of a vice presidential slot.
Any attempt to threaten the investment of Niger-Deltans in the south west cld be a very dangerous gamble,most Yoruba elites derives their income from oil,both upstream and downstream sector,go to Rivers and then you will appreciate the fact that for every one Ben Bruce's or his tribes men investment attacked in Lagos,there are twenty huge yoruba investment in the Niger Delta waiting for the demolition man.
We must give peace a chance and there can never be peace without justice and fairness.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by fxskye: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2016
bionixs:
I I HATE IT WHEN EDUCATED PEOPLE DONT USE THEIR HEAD. EVERY ROBBERY,KIDNAPPING GANG IN OSHODI ,MUSHIN ARE NOW ND MILITANTS,MESSAGE THEY LEAVE BEHIND AFTER ATTACKING HELPLESS MEN AND WOMEN. HAVE THEY CLAIMED BY THEIR SPOKESMAN THAT THEY ARE BEHIND THE ATTACKS AS THEY NORMALLY ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIER ACTIONS OR ARE SEEKING FOR NOTICE OR MAYBE COVETING PROPERTIES THAT BELONG TO IJAWS IN YORUBALAND? POINT OF CORRECTION,YORUBAS DONT ACCOMODATE ,JUST THAT THEY ARE NOT DARING.

I can understand your level of comprehension. For clarity, the attacks in both Ogun & Lagos were Pipeline Blown up in which the NDA had warned FG prior to the attack.

Do a research for objective comments.

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by smiles12345(m): 11:04am On Jul 21, 2016
Wetin dey worry these opc them shey virgin and olosho na d same thing?
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by jrusky(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2016
This is what I have been saying that it's like so many citizen of Nigeria are really insane according to health report for real. Please what has South West need to do with Militant problem with Buhari How does the matter on ground now concern South West that the millitant attacking them Is Buhari from South West or is it because South West Voted for APC but does the millitants nasty silly heads not tells them APC is not in all South West and if even they are please is APC not their property What about your own brother Amaechi that took all his state fund to placed Buhari on power don't you know his fathers house or any of his family to do pay back for his rebellion, so please why attacking the South West

The North who has always be our Nigeria nightmare since time immoral you did not go their to attack them, if not you are all cowards why going West and spare the devil the North I was before somehow a supporter of this guys but for this nonsense and coward behavour I signed out I think the Fed Govt should crushed them with no mercy and no Amnesty because I hate people fighting foolishly, you see North you are afraid to go their but can go South and attack those who has no issue with you.

Sorry to say this I blame the Yoruba too much for these stuffs of things. Yoruba people your tolerance make you become a target of all these assault on your existence it's so pathetic this is how my own people who suppose to face Gowon and his people in the North turned their anger on Yoruba the Yoruba hurling all sort of insults on you after accommodating us and gave all I mean all in life but for my own people to even raised their voice against the North they are afraid and so scare of the North only what Boko Haram did alone to East living in the North is even enough for my people to say enough is enough but go to North and see how my own people are rushing to the North to buy land, build factory, seeking position, seeking for contract in fact last night I was ashamed to see a big guy of political big wig nearly knelt down for Almanjiri Lord just to get contract what a shame and yet if anyone is beheaded and the victim not from the North surely he or she would be from East, anyone beating to death is from the East, anyone raped and tortured is from the East, anyone killed by boko attack if not from the North definitely he or she would be from the East, the tribe which can never become president due to Northern stronghold it is the East, Where Fulani attack if not North it is East and yet to challenge them no way but they will face the Yoruba truth is bitter.

Yoruba I really sorry for you people because when a man is too nice I bet it he won't live long.

NIGER DELTANS or WHATEVER THE YORUBA'S HAS NOT DONE YOU ANY EVIL THEY DON'T DESERVE THESE UN-NECESSARY ATTACK, THEY HAVE DONE YOU NO WRONG.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2016
Most of them just type anything that comes into their dumb head. I am sure none of them had experienced war at all. For all those that preach war lack wisdom

mayorchelsea:
You can either believe the news or not but the massacre at Ajegunle couple of years ago readily comes to mind and I'm not in any way praying for a repeat where innocent people died. Who violence don help? Not even north sef
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Moneytize: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2016
PigMeat:
hahahahahahahahahaha, OPC should not bite what they can not chew. Bunch of cowards! 2 militants from the niger-deltan region can turn apc camp into non-existence. I thought they were going to attack the niger-deltans in their own territory like the niger-deltans took their hustle to south west. Stagnant foolls that resolves only around south western zone. "If them dey count fish them dey count crayfish join?"
Sorry o! Mr Igbo the normad. I know your people junket from region to region in search of a better life since non exist in your region. The Westerners don't need to move about like wanderers as long as they can make ends meet in their region. Keep foaming from the mouth.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Ripama: 11:07am On Jul 21, 2016
Ijaw community n their leaders have been grooming their jobless youths for sth like this all along. It might caught d Yoruba community unaware cos they group of reponsible, hardworking and accommodating people. I want to make a salient pt here: forget abt militants' sophistication n note dt if d fire is fully blown, uummm their wud b adequate provision for Yoruba people to serve u well.

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2016
I hope you will be wise enough to join in starting the madness

Aigbofa:

What is more dangerous than hoodlums invading communities while they are sleeping, killing and maiming innocent folks.
I know if OPC should retaliate, all the morons shouting "Yorubas are cowards " will quickly change to Yorubas are wicked.
They will petition the UN, call on the Pope and the Amnesty international, they will wail and cry, they will conveniently forget they started the whole madness.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by SeaSky: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2016
Ijaw has take over ikorodu in Lagos most especially ishawo area for agric.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by SeaSky: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2016
Ijaw militant has take over ikorodu in Lagos most especially ishawo area for agric.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2016
Few people are wise on here but thank God I just spotted one. please keep enlightening them

TrueSenator:
All I see is a product of poor upbringing and failed leadership. Just like Children from different mothers hating and cursing each other while poverty and violence capture all the values from their ignorance. angry angry angry angry angry

One thing is certain......the rest of the world is moving on and will never love you more. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Stop all these nonsense and let's grow up....... Our differences should instead be celebrated and not mocked. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2016
Kini iyen ko wa

bakynes:
All these SS and SE people think OPC wont defeat Niger delta Militants because of sophisticated weapons the militants carry. OPC do not rely on guns they have charms as well. I do know the militants use charms too but no tribe can really match the Yorubas in Charm and Voodo in Nigeria except the Hausa-Fulanis. I have seen an OPC vigilante in my area walking invinsible with only shoes moving abt.
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by johnbu: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2016
i do not even know, enu lasan ni won ni bi aje akara
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bionixs: 11:14am On Jul 21, 2016
THEY ARE NOT,THEY ARE JUST NOT DARING LIKE THE HAUSAS. MANY ARE IN LAGOS JUST AS IN ABUJA BECAUSE ,LAGOS WAS THE FCT NOT BECAUSE YORUBAS ARE HOPITABLE. MY LANDLORD PICKED ON ME EVEN BEFORE HE LEARNT TO PRONOUNCE MY NAME.AS I KEPT T STAYING,HE ANNOUNCED THAT I WAS THE BEST BUT SEEKING FOR THE CHANCE TO SHOUT THAT IBO DID THIS OR THAT. THANK GOD THAT ALL THE WAHALA HE HAS, KEPT COMING FROM HIS TRIBESMEN AND WOMEN OF SAME FAITH
fxskye:

Yes, We must give peace chance to reign. It is also unfair to have attacked a nation just because the vice president comes from that nation. If the Niger Delta is having issues with the Northern led govt, how has that become a compulsory obligation for the South West to support ND view?

The truth is, of all the ethnics in Nigeria, Yoruba has remained the most hospitable nation. And that shouldn't be taken as a privilege to do & undo anything the Niger Delta want. To heed to the warning is to give peace chance to reign.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by Ayo25: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2016
AustineE1:

All these appeal to emotion can not work. Does the Yorubas not have the right and freedom of association? When they voted massively for Jonathan in 2011 and Jonathan paid them back with marginalisation they did not cry just like they are doing now. If there is no need to cry why cry. Yorubas being the kind of person they are will do the right thing at the right time. Come 2019 what says Yorubas might still vote Buhari if they felt dissatisfied with him.

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by frenzydilz(m): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2016
Aigbofa:

What is more dangerous than hoodlums invading communities while they are sleeping, killing and maiming innocent folks.
I know if OPC should retaliate, all the morons shouting "Yorubas are cowards " will quickly change to Yorubas are wicked.
They will petition the UN, call on the Pope and the Amnesty international, they will wail and cry, they will conveniently forget they started the whole madness.
Yorubas are not even united. There is discrimination between Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians. How can a city divided against itself thrive amidst problems such as this? No offence but even the OPC knows it doesn't stand a chance against the NDA. Otherwise, if they are really serious and able why give a whole 14-day ultimatum?

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by HARRYFORD1986: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2016
Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by tivta(m): 11:19am On Jul 21, 2016
Shakara - I miss fela

1 Like

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by lordyugo: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2016
bakynes:

in this 21century nd u are still talking bout charms against highly advanced nd sophisticated weapons, smh for africa

2 Likes

Re: OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks by bushguy: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2016
It's like you have watched too much of movies filled with mission. You have no idea of what is called war

PigMeat:
hahahahahahahahahaha, OPC should not bite what they can not chew. Bunch of cowards! 2 militants from the niger-deltan region can turn apc camp into non-existence. I thought they were going to attack the niger-deltans in their own territory like the niger-deltans took their hustle to south west. Stagnant foolls that resolves only around south western zone. "If them dey count fish them dey count crayfish join?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze / Orji Uzor-Kalu Patronizes Akara Sellers (Photos) / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.