Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (56123 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders / COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by segzy17: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
Really captivating........more pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Feeling u ma niggae

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Feeling u ma niggae cool

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nmaglit

Episode 31

Dayo was mad he felt disappointed,but he still persisted as he kept on knocking on the door, when he was tired of knocking he decided to leave for his house,he drove back that night feeling like he has lost her,

he hoped she wouldn't do something stupid,he wonders what she meant by her she made the mistake her mum always pray about,

The next morning was a Saturday so he rushed down to her place as early as he can,he was about entering into the door that leads to the corridor ,

he saw funmi's door open he quickly hide behind the wall hoping that she hadn't seen him, he peeped at her and noticed that she was going to the toilet which was located somewhere withing the house,

When he saw that she had entered into the toilet, he quickly rushed into her room, he placed the door exactly the way he has met it so she wouldn't suspect,

Funmi was feeling a bit headache as she walked into her room,she couldn't sleep all night because she was thinking about her life,her mum will be very disappointed in her,

it would have been even better if it was someone else she got pregnant for,but no it is the son of the man that her mum detest most in the world,

she hated him because she believed that he killed her twin sister,

On entering into the room,she almost ran back as she saw dayo sitting on the chair,

"How did you get in" she asked

Dayo smiled " through my magic ring"he flash a bunch of keys to here

Funmi was feeling a bit relaxed ,although she was thinking of what step to take and she doesn't need any disturbance from anyone but somehow ,

deep down her heart she was glad to see dayo ,she took a sit beside him as she said" i never knew you have become a magician....fake magician, if not because i left my door open"

They both laughed ,then dayo moved his chair closer to hers ,he sat in a way that they could both be facing each other,he took her palms in his ,looked deeply into her eyes and said

"I love you funmi ,i really do.....i understand how u feel but God knows that we never knew that we are cousin's...i font think you understand what i am saying, ...i don't care what anyone says or think funmi, i am going to marry you,"

" hmmmm, its easier said than done, when did you find out that we are cousin self" funmi interrupted him

"I was shown a picture of my mum by my uncle and the resemblance between you two was something else"

Funmi giggled"most people that knows her do say that i look more like your mum ,than even mine, and that was why i was named oluwafunmilayo by my parents,my mum believed that God sent me to her to make her happy, since her sister was dead"

" well i think God works in misterious ways, he knows why he brought us together like this, and i will make sure i fufill all Gods good plans in our life, ......ever since i met you, you have been a blessing to my life,and am not ready to lose that"

" i know you love me,but but" funmi was about crying again

" but what dear"dayo asked

" but my mum would never approve of it"

" and why wouldnt she approve of ,my dad will support us with anything we want"

" she hates your dad"funmi said.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by DaStunz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mmmmh! See as ghost pimple full my body. Boyo123! Boyo123!! I never knw w8n I go talk 4 now. Just ride ON.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boladex1: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nice story you have here, ride on

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by BrightextBright: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
thumbs up dude.......i was just passing by looking for short story to kul my mind, and u just made my day.,nice work dude keep it ........

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dayo must marry dis Obaagun girl o grin

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Dman00(m): 2:33am On Aug 29, 2016
nice1 boss..............oya next...........

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by garex: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
this is my 1st time of commenting even though I've bn following the lovely story. boyo, come n finish wetin u start o,i don't like suspense at all n u just put me in that position. oya, come update us

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Daeveed(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
I Must Say..... This Is Wonderful Nd Creative.... Any More Updates??

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 6:22am On Aug 30, 2016
good morning guys, please am still working on the last update, am really sorry for the delay
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by aprilwise(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for your the story please take ur time Nd deliver the best for us.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Olaide59(f): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hmmm! Wonders shall never cease. Great job boyo

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2016
Thank goodness here I was thinking funnier is dayo's sister. ride on, your story really made my day
right nw am glued to it.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Fidelismaria: 3:00am On Aug 31, 2016
Eyah Sowie Oo

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2016
i couldn't fix everything into this episode, so i still gat one more, i am seriously hooked

Episode 32

Dayo was angry as he drives his car home ,he wondered if funmi's mum can ever forgive his dad,..not just that alone,she might also pass the aggression to him,she might hate him too ,he continued thinking till he got home then decided to put a call to his father,

"Good evening dad"

"Dayo how are you,...how is your funmi feeling now"

" dad shes not fine o, shes been crying since yesterday"

" hmmm,...thats why you are a man , try to calm her down"

" i have tried to dad but i think there is more to it....ok the true is that she said her mum hates you,and now she's wondering how she will tell her"

" this is what i hate about we Nigerians, she doesnt know me and yet she hates me,...anyway we dont have a choice ,we need to go and see her then" his father said

"Wow dad, thanks so much, am glad you brought that up, i was just thinking of how to tell you that sir,"

" thats what a right thinking person will do"

" so when do we go over to see her?" Dayo asked anxiously

"Probably next weekend, because this weekend is occupied for me, but i should be free next week"

"That will be grate dad, thanks sooo much i appreciate "

"Come on boy just keep calm ,everything will be taking care of"

"I will talk to you later dayo ok ,talk to your girlfriend and let me know the arrangement you have made with her"

"Ok i will dad,thanks"

Dayo quickly dropped the call ,then put a call through to funmi,telling her what he and his dad decided, she agreed to it, as dayo told her Not worry about anything that they will take care of it,

The following week was busy because their exam was really close now and everyone was in the reading mood,funmi was sure that the sickness that comes with pregnancy was going to affect her but she was ready to try and still make good grades,....on thursday dayo instructed her to go home to hr parents and inform them of what happened and that the parents of the guy she got pregnant are coming to pay them a visit,but he told her not to mention who they are to her mum,....before the end of that day she was out if town .

Funmi got home later that night as her parents where happy to see her,her mum was just getting home from the market where she sells , she quickly made a delicious dinner for her to eat,she is the first born of her family so she was really loved by her parents and siblings

"Mama i want to discuss something with you and daddy o" funmi told her mum as she helped her pack her markets into the house

Her mum was surprised "hope no problem funmi"

Funmi thought for a while before saying" there is o mummy"

" haaaaa , mogbe " the mum started panicking

" mummy what is now,its not up to that now" funmi was angry

" ok i have calm down, oya tell me what is wrong"

" but i said i will discuss with you and daddy now"

" hmm, talk to me now, let me hear it jare, you will be telling your father later, you know if its money you want to collect from him i can help you put pressure on him to give you ,but you have to tell me what you need the money for first"

"Hmm,mama money ke ? Its not money o"

" then what is it?"

Funmi paused for a while before sayin "mama i am pregnant"

"Yeeeeeeeee, mogbeeeeeoo" funmi quiclkly covered her mum's mouth so her dad couldnt heae her shout
She realeased her hand after some seconds and said" mama what now,do you want daddy to hear"

"Ok ok, so who are you pregnant for ?"

" one boy in my school, it was a mistake mama, i swear it was,....mama remember you always tell us to accept our fate, to always accept what God has destined for us"

He mum didnt say anything she just nodded

Then funmi continued " so that is what i want to tell you and daddy"

Her mum was curious as she asked" have you told the boy , that you are pregnant and hope he accept it"

Funmi smiled" yes mama i have and he accepted when i told him,infact he and his family members are coming to meet you and daddy this weekend"

"Haaa,thank you God,....you see that is the most important thing, because i can never allow anyone in my family to have a useless husband like that of my sister again"

Funmi was shocked as she heard that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
because i can never allow anyone in my
family to have a useless husband like that of my sister
again"

see gobe!

2 Likes

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by DVMtuppence(m): 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ride on boss
More ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Tual: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice
It contains enough suspense
Please do well to finish it
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by callmeomotee33(f): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Will they accept dayo and his father... Since Funmi mum is still talking from wah her twins sister went thru with dayo father..... Waiting for next update oooo

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by FlordFlorez(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Dat's a shocker from her mom.

Waiting patiently.

*chewing popcorn*

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2016
Episode 33

Dayo was at the driver seat while his dad was seated beside him,

Uncle dele was at the back seat, uncle dele made sure the jouney to osun wasnt boring as he cracked them up with jokes, from when they were boys, he narrated so many funny events , but with all that dayo was just laughing at the jokes but he has all his mind at where they were going, about 3hrs later they got to the village.

Funmi and her parents had already bought some drinks and stored in the freezer,her mum was excited to meet the people that are coming but she noticed that funmi wasnt , she became worried as she asked

" what is the problem dear, are they not coming anymore"

"No they are mama why did you ask"

" because you dont look too happy"

"Really?, mayb its just my body" she lied as she rubbeds her flat stomach

"Ok o" her mum said as she walked away,

Funmi looked out the window and saw dayo's car drive passed t
Her house, she quickly rushed out so she could call him but the glass was wined up so they couldnt hear, she quickly ran into the house to get her phone, then dialed his number,

"Hello dear, you just passed our house , you need gk turn back"

"Ok , will do that now, please stay close to the road so i can see you"
Funmi hurriedly went to stand beside the road ,two minutes later funmi saw the car appear again, she had a mixed feeling as the car moved nearer, she wasnt sure if she should be happy or worried but later she decided to say some little prayers in her mind

Dayo drove into the compound with smooth perfection, he heard as his father narates some events that happened in that area while he was a corper there but dayo wasnt interested, he was just to eager to see the reaction of funmi's mother.

Funmi's mother was ancious to see the man her daughter will be marry she too a peep from the window so she could get a glance of what he looks like,... she was really excited to see a young handsome guy come down from the driver side of the car,

"This must be him,thank God he looks responsible"she thaught to herself

But she got the shock of her life when she looked at the other person who was coming down from the car and realised that it is the man that she hates most in the world,,

" no,no,no,no,no, this cant be happening, no,no," she kept saying as she angrily walks out the door,

Funmi's dad was in the sitting room when he heard his wife shouting outside ,he quickly rushed out to see what was happenning, he met his wife raining abuses on those he presumed to be their inlaw, he heard her crying as she was saying

" what did i do to you this man!, why are you so bent on tomenting my life!, never i can never allow this, "... She took a look at funmi then said " wo funmi , you think you have seen a husband?,lie lie, this will be over my dead body,i will prefer if you abort that baby in your stomach"

At this point neighbores were already gathering in the compound to know what was happening, dayo was embarrased as he watched funmi's Mum talk to them, he felt like the ground should just swallow him,

Funmi was embarassed tol she quickly moved towards her mum and nelt down, while she beg,funmi's father didnt like what he was seeing, he hates when the neighbors interfair in his business, so he said

" mama funmi' its ok , you can go inside now"

" baba funmi, i wount o, honestly i wount....i know you are " funmi's father interupted her befor she could finish what she wasnted to say

" i am talking to you i said go inside," a bit of anger was showing in his voice

Funmi's mother was reluctant, she grumbled as she slowly walked to the door,

"Thats not where i want you to stay, go inside the house"

They all watched as she angrily walked inside the house, once she was inside , funmi's father told the neighbors that they can go now, that there was no problem , dayo quickly moved forward and prostrated on the floor with his white shirt,

" please sir,see i really love your daughter sir, please sir" dayo kept saying on the floor,

But he was suprised to see funmi's father looked at him smiled and said

"get up dayo, its ok"

Then turned to dayo's father and said

" you have grown so much white hair since the last time i saw you my friend"

"You too ,my brother" they both laughed and shock hands

"Do you still hold that drinking competition at idi iroko?"

" sure now, so you still remember that"

" han han, why not, infact just tell me when the next one holds i will surely be there to withness the occassion"

"Haaa, i thought you wanted to say that you will be competing again"

"Naaaahhh, you wan kill me?, i am too old for that now"

Dayo was looking at his father with amazement , he couldnt believe how cunny his dad was,

" so dad knows who funmi's father was and he didnt tell me"he thought, then looked at his father with a bit of anger and asked

" dad you didnt tell me this"

His dad smiled and said" ohun ti afi ju omode lo akin fi an( a yoruba proverb:the elders doesnt show the younger ones what makes them superior) .......i contacted my friends that i still have in this village and they made me realised that funmi's father is actually one of my closest friends while i was here in the village"

THE END....

I really appreciate everyone who followed this story God bless you all,

Please watch out for more interesting write ups from me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by hawlahbc2014: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2016
Baba!!!!!!! How will the story end like this
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boladex1: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2016
i love this story thanks for the update.

however i feel you rush the story, take your time next time
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by abdulyaro66(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2016
embarassed This boyo self

Mmmm why this story end na
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by punche(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice one.... i appreciate you.
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Nmaglit: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2016
boyo y d story come end like dis nah
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by DVMtuppence(m): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2016
Tanx 4 d story
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2016
Nmaglit:
boyo y d story come end like dis nah
lolz. its called leaving when the ovation is loud dear grin
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2016

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/sub][sub][/sup][sup]Nice work boyo.... I am proud of you brother
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
interesting, kudos baba

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.