Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (10041 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The feeling is mutual

You've provided the sincere answer

You just didn't see the catch 22 coming hence your long Rigmaroles grin

Have a nice day

My word of advice to you is very simple. Pick a quiet time and place and start from the beginning of this thread and read it. By the time you are done you would be facepalming yourself because of how slow you were in comprehension.

Imagine a thread you opened yet you could not even understand your own comments how much more other peoples.

Perhaps you used to be sharper than this before you became an Atheist because there are flashes of intelligence but thats all it is.....flashes.

You obviously do not like the fresh air of intelligence because you never last long in it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by stephendamsoho: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The feeling is mutual

You've provided the sincere answer

You just didn't see the catch 22 coming hence your long Rigmaroles grin

Have a nice day

I see what you did there

Looking at their comments on the bestiality and incest thread, they didn't accept when atheists said they find it wrong but are quick to find this wrong even though its not in their holy book

So, if society says 30 years is minimum allowed age of marriage, on what basis would they say its wrong? On what basis is it right?

Sincerely though I see the point of this thread

Their bible and conscience + sometimes society determines what's right and wrong for them at last that's what they've been basically saying looking through their posts

Some have admitted and some haven't but even those that haven't have hinted towards it

It just doesn't feel right even if the bible didn't address it

Science and research makes it wrong

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

My word of advice to you is very simple. Pick a quiet time and place and start from the beginning of this thread and read it. By the time you are done you would be facepalming yourself because of how slow you were in comprehension.

Imagine a thread you opened yet you could not even understand your own comments how much more other peoples.

Perhaps you used to be sharper than this before you became an Atheist because there are flashes of intelligence but thats all it is.....flashes.

You obviously do not like the fresh air of intelligence because you never last long in it.

Whatever long post you can compose, keep composing

Maybe you should do the same because I'm clear in all my posts

I've observed you aggressiveness is due to being put in a catch 22

You find it wrong because? Since your holy book didn't address it

What makes it a "perversion"? Its obvious science does not your bible, otherwise anyone could marry at any age

You were quick to quote your holy books "directly" about bestiality and incest, quick to open a thread to ask why we find it wrong since we base our moral on society but when this thread was formed you weren't expecting it so you started quoting verses that doesn't deal with it

You need some sleep

6 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
My next thread would show how the Bible endorses child marriage

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by udysweet(f): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mbok don't call me join una matter o,lol! I only come to read coomments and post once a while and not to enter into "intelligent arguments" with you guys. Wether you belive in God,you don't belive,hate Him or curse him ,irreligious ,muslim,christian and what have you,I come here to learn!
hopefulLandlord:
Please, I need answers from: Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, KingEbukaNaija

Monitoring how things will turn out are: Plaetton , Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
udysweet:
Mbok don't call me join una matter o,lol! I only come to read coomments and post once a while and not to enter into "intelligent arguments" with you guys. Wether you belive in God,you don't belive,hate Him or curse him ,irreligious ,muslim,christian and what have you,I come here to learn!
they are both wrong
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
udysweet:
Noted
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
My next thread would show how the Bible endorses child marriage

https://www.nairaland.com/3251431/does-bible-sanction-pre-pubescent-marriages
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:03am On Aug 07, 2016
smiley
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2016
grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2016
grin.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
sad.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
lol
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
lol
apparently, it isn't wrong
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
apparently, it isn't wrong

Where is KingEbukasblog aka Mr "Atheists-have-no-moral-background"?

He likes to run around saying that atheists have no holy book to ground their stance against incest.

Brah....your holy book says nothing about child marriage!

Ebuka, show face now!!
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
JackBizzle:

Where is KingEbukasblog aka Mr "Atheists-have-no-moral-background"?

He likes to run around saying that atheists have no holy book to ground their stance against incest.

Brah....your holy book says nothing about child marriage!

Ebuka, show face now!!

they've given their made up answers on the first page, lmao

suddenly society and science dictates for them not 100℅ bible grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by udatso: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2016
ifenes:

Who said a true Christian lives by faith? Whose report do you believe, Yahweh or Paul? Where did Yahweh say you now live by grace? Show me!
Ifenes am sure that question of yours will be very interesting as this one. Why not create a thread and invite him
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2016
udatso:

Ifenes am sure that question of yours will be very interesting as this one. Why not create a thread and invite him

interesting
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Auki: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Let me break it down to you in a manner that even a 5yr old would understand.

The world is filled with any and everyones idea of what is wrong and what ir right. It would have been wrong for God to itemize all the dos and don'ts as it would still be laws.

Rather he opted to change the nature of man itself through His spirit. The spirit of God gives us an exegesis of His word in a manner that even when the same word isn't written in black and white we all as Christians have the same understanding that the Spirit of God is against it.

God does not need to itemize error but rather to fix the error filled man. When you are fixed from the inside then you can make right judgements and choices.

If even you as an individual know for yourself that at 12 or 15 you still do not understand much about life why then would you think your own child at such age would understand life? This is why you are an elder and should learn from your own life how to impact and raise your own kids.

I am refraining from using scripture most of the time when talking to you Atheists because it's foolishness unto you. So let your own life suffice.

If your opinion is that there is nothing wrong with child marriage then why seek the christians view when you have no plans of becoming a Christian or do you?

I should be the one asking you about your views on this since you all lack a single moral fibre in you. So pray tell..... what is your take on child marriage? Is it wrong or right to you as an INDIVIDUAL?

Pure guess work. Seek knowledge. Simply put Bible doesn't have the answer.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
Auki:

Pure guess work. Seek knowledge. Simply put Bible doesn't have the answer.

lol, it should be noted that the guy you quoted started his post with the words

"You are so dumb that I think I would be insulting the word by even calling you that."

when he saw who the dumb one is, he quickly edited his comment and removed that part, you can see where I replied him that those words were there

the thread is just made to expose the hypocrisy of him and his cohorts who quickly opened threads on bestiality and incest, asking why we are against it

when we told them our reasons, they never accepted it but quickly quoted the bible to explain why they are against it

I looked deeper and found out there's NO condemnation of paedophilia and underage marriage anywhere in their holy book, I even went on the internet to several Christian apologists websites, saw they had NO answers and made this thread to show that morality evolves; Winner01's first post on this thread was gotten from a Christian apologists website, he only added the part about AIDS, Cancer, Ebola to make himself sound a Lil smart but I already knew the tricks

you can read through the thread and see how they kept grasping at straws because they're in a catch 22

they couldn't use the "logic" of the bestiality and incest thread here since its invalid

but they couldn't answer this without admitting directly or indirectly that society also dictates morals for them
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
For us to get a proper view of GOD's take on pedophilia, we take a look at the first marriage ceremony which GOD conducted: that between Adam and Eve.

1. Was Eve created a little girl? No. She was called woman in the Bible.

2. Was Adam a little boy? No. He was a man.

3. Therefore, the first marriage on earth was between a man and a woman, and not between a Man and a little girl, or a little boy and a grown-up woman.

And since this union between Adam and Eve reflected GOD's ideal for marriage, a discerning Christian will know that GOD does not want His people to take underaged children as spouses.

Also, Eve was a help meet for Adam. That means she satisfied Adam in every way possible, including his need for interaction. This was because Eve was as mentally mature as Adam. I'm very sure that I would have little to nothing to discuss with an underaged girl, if I married one today, being a grown-up(or even old) man. And so how can she by my help meet?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:
For us to get a proper view of GOD's take on pedophilia, we take a look at the first marriage ceremony which GOD conducted: that between Adam and Eve.

1. Was Eve created a little girl? No. She was called woman in the Bible.

2. Was Adam a little boy? No. He was a man.

3. Therefore, the first marriage on earth was between a man and a woman, and not between a Man and a little girl, or a little boy and a grown-up woman.

And since this union between Adam and Eve reflected GOD's ideal for marriage, a discerning Christian will know that GOD does not want His people to take underaged children as spouses.

Also, Eve was a help meet for Adam. That means she satisfied Adam in every way possible, including his need for interaction. This was because Eve was as mentally mature as Adam. I'm very sure that I would have little to nothing to discuss with an underaged girl, if I married one today, being a grown-up(or even old) man. And so how can she by my help meet?

your answer makes sense

but you made this by discernment which isn't bad in itself

you don't even need to think deep or need the Bible to know that an underage child's body isn't developed enough for sex especially it's consequences

this same discernment made some of us (atheists) to be against Bestiality and incest

this thread was made as a response to Christian apologists who opened threads asking us what we find right or wrong saying THEY depend on the bible 100% to dictate morals for them

DoctorAilen, let me ask you this and I want a sincere answer

does Society in ANY way influence YOUR morals?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

your answer makes sense

but you made this by discernment which isn't bad in itself

you don't even need to think deep or need the Bible to know that an underage child's body isn't developed enough for sex especially it's consequences

this same discernment made some of us (atheists) to be against Bestiality and incest

this thread was made as a response to Christian apologists who opened threads asking us what we find right or wrong saying THEY depend on the bible 100% to dictate morals for them

DoctorAilen, let me ask you this and I want a sincere answer

does Society in ANY way influence YOUR morals?

I was able to discern that pedophilia is not GOD's plan for man.

To your question I would honestly answer NO: because I hold the Bible as my only creed. And all the moral obligations you see me carry out are contained in the Bible: either directly stated, or easily inferred.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I was able to discern that pedophilia is not GOD's plan for man.

To your question I would honestly answer NO: because I hold the Bible as my only creed. And all the moral obligations you see me carry out are contained in the Bible: either directly stated, or easily inferred.

so you're telling me that without the man/woman story (I'm just letting this slide because the purpose of the thread is already achieved) for instance, you wouldn't know if its right to give your 5 year old daughter in marriage to a 20 year old guy?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

so you're telling me that without the man/woman story (I'm just letting this slide because the purpose of the thread is already achieved) for instance, you wouldn't know if its right to give your 5 year old daughter in marriage to a 20 year old guy?

We don't assume anything. The Bible tells me pedophilia is not GOD's plan for man.

I'm happy to know and obey GOD's will.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

We don't assume anything. The Bible tells me pedophilia is not GOD's plan for man.

I'm happy to know and obey GOD's will.

interesting

tell me your stance on slavery
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

interesting

tell me your stance on slavery

It, equally, wasn't GOD's plan from the beginning. Man was to have dominion over the fishes, and the fowls of the air, and over every creeping creature but not over his fellow man.

GOD didn't create any human being to become a slave to another. But slavery is simply one of the results of man's fall. Even then, the Bible is richly sprinkled with rules from GOD on how slaves are to be treated with care, and as fellow human beings.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Even then, the Bible is richly sprinkled with rules from GOD on how slaves are to be treated with care, and as fellow human beings.

interesting

“And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property."

I have many more such and I'm sure even YOU are aware of many such verses where your God commanded slaves to be "treated like fellow human beings"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

interesting

“And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property."

I have many more such and I'm sure even YOU are aware of many such verses where your God commanded slaves to be "treated like fellow human beings"

I believe you know what a slave means.

If you want to go by that logic, a slave shouldn't do more work, then, than his master's children do. Eh?

It also gets clearer when you consider that some people sold themselves, of their own will, to become slaves to other people.

You really cannot argue that GOD is in support of slavery.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:05am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I believe you know what a slave means.

If you want to go by that logic, a slave shouldn't do more work, then, than his master's children do. Eh?

It also gets clearer when you consider that some people sold themselves, of their own will, to become slaves to other people.

You really cannot argue that GOD is in support of slavery.

Hahahahahahahahaha

did you see what you just did?

it sounded so so idiotic to you that you had to find a way of defending it

let me make this clear

"God is in support of slavery going by the Bible"

he gave instructions on how to buy and sell humans, how to beat them

did you even take a few seconds to digest what that verse means?

that means you can beat the slave to death, so long the human survived for more than two days

look bro, I don't wanna go over this again, its been discussed at length many times all over Nairaland but if you're interested in defending this indefensible, be my guest
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:09am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hahahahahahahahaha

did you see what you just did?

it sounded so so idiotic to you that you had to find a way of defending it

let me make this clear

"God is in support of slavery going by the Bible"

he gave instructions on how to buy and sell humans, how to beat them

did you even take a few seconds to digest what that verse means?

that means you can beat the slave to death, so long the human survived for more than two days

look bro, I don't wanna go over this again, its been discussed at length many times all over Nairaland but if you're interested in defending this indefensible, be my guest

Can you, at least, be civil and use civil words?

If it has been treated before, why did you raise it again?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:12am On Nov 09, 2016
I really don't know if atheism confers some form of bigotry on its adherents.

They raise topics, and when you present aptly tailored logic, they either start using barbaric words, or they concoct some conclusions and then try to force it down your throat.

Aren't you just tired of these "enlightened" people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Free Gospel Music: Forever Jones - He Wants It All / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? / Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.