Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (10107 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can you, at least, be civil and use civil words?

If it has been treated before, why did you raise it again?

erhm I can't find any uncivil word I used up there

if you do kindly point it out, I didn't say YOU'RE idiotic, I said that verse sounded idiotic

as for bringing it up, I did because you said the bible dictates what you find right and wrong 100% and the society you're in doesn't in ANY way influence it

its only proper to show that society you're in actually influences it some way or another

I'm sure you'll find it cringeworthy or even extremely angry if a Mr Appleby beats another "human" to death but gets away with it just because that "human" happens to be his slave and survives for 3 days before dying
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

erhm I can't find any uncivil word I used up there

if you do kindly point it out, I didn't say YOU'RE idiotic, I said that verse sounded idiotic

as for bringing it up, I did because you said the bible dictates what you find right and wrong 100% and the society you're in doesn't in ANY way influence it

its only proper to show that society you're in actually influences it some way or another

I'm sure you'll find it cringeworthy or even extremely angry if a Mr Appleby beats another "human" to death but gets away with it just because that "human" happens to be his slave and survives for 3 days before dying

GOD strongly frowned at beating slaves to death.

If GOD had His way, the subhuman state of slavery wouldn't have reared its ugly head up. He doesn't even want Masters to beat their slaves unnecessarily.

However, you still have to concede that slaves are like properties to their masters, and often times, man is not a good master/owner.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:33am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD strongly frowned at beating slaves to death

If GOD had His way, the subhuman state of slavery wouldn't have reared its ugly head up. He doesn't even want Masters to beat their slaves unnecessarily.

However, you still have to concede that slaves are like properties to their masters, and often times, man is not a good master/owner.

"GOD strongly frowned at beating slaves to death"

I fully agree with this but it isn't complete

he frowns on it but finds nothing bad in it so long the slave lives for more than 2 days after the incident grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

"GOD strongly frowned at beating slaves to death"

I fully agree with this but it isn't complete

he frowns on it but finds nothing bad in it so long the slave lives for more than 2 days after the incident grin

For you to think that GOD is comfortable with the death of a slave as a result of violence from his master, it shows that you don't really know GOD's character.

Anyway, what do you want GOD to do with the person whose slave dies after 2 days due to the beating he gave him/her?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:49am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

For you to think that GOD is comfortable with the death of a slave as a result of violence from his master, it shows that you don't really know GOD's character.

Anyway, what do you want GOD to do with the person whose slave dies after 2 days due to the beating he gave him/her.

our societal law takes better care of such

slavery IS abolished, something YOUR god didn't do, WE HUMANS figured it out ourselves; we didn't need your holy book to tell us its wrong

morality EVOLVED to a point where slavery had NO PLACE in it

if you beat ANYONE and he dies due to the beating, you'll be charged to court for manslaughter or murder, it doesn't matter what the person is to you OR how long he/she survives after the beating; so long it's a direct result of your beating him/her

let me reiterate this

"There's NOWHERE in the bible that says slavery is wrong"

it is wrong by societal law

let's now go back to where this discussion started (your first post on this thread)

you said you discerned that your god is against pedophilia even though there wasn't any direct law for or against it

can you please use that same "discernment" to check if SLAVERY IS RIGHT OR WRONG?

You can please quote bible verses to back up your claim if you're against slavery

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:54am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

our societal law takes better care of such

slavery IS abolished, something YOUR god didn't do, WE HUMANS figured it out ourselves; we didn't need your holy book to tell us its wrong

morality EVOLVED to a point where slavery had NO PLACE in it

if you beat ANYONE and he dies due to the beating, you'll be charged to court for manslaughter or murder, it doesn't matter what the person is to you OR how long he/she survives after the beating; so long it's a direct result of your beating him/her

let me reiterate this

"There's NOWHERE in the bible that says slavery is wrong"

it is wrong by societal law

What if I willingly want to become someone's slave today? Will the "societal law" prohibit me?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:54am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What if I willingly want to become someone's slave today? Will the "societal law" prohibit me?

HELL YEAH!!!!!
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:02am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

HELL YEAH!!!!!

How then is the society morally right since it denies me my personal choice(of becoming a slave to someone), which does not harm anybody in anyway?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:06am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

How then is the society morally right since it denies me my personal choice(of becoming a slave to someone), which does not harm anybody in anyway?

lol, you're harming the person that's gonna take you as a slave because if the law enforcement know about it, he would be the one to be charged NOT you

but if you are able to do it underG and nobody knows, then all is well

just like you can't volunteer to be beaten to death by someone

if you do and the person kills you, the killer would be charged regardless of it being you that volunteered

I hope I'm making sense
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:11am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you're harming the person that's gonna take you as a slave because if the law enforcement know about it, he would be the one to be charged NOT you

but if you are able to do it underG and nobody knows, then all is well

just like you can't volunteer to be beaten to death by someone

if you do and the person kills you, the killer would be charged regardless of it being you that volunteered

I hope I'm making sense

According to the society: sex between two consenting adults(whether married or not) is moral. However, master-slave relationship between two consenting individuals is immoral and illegal?

The society is biased, then, and as such, is not fit to make laws that govern human living/relationships.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Deicide: 1:14am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Dishonest statement...

It harms You...
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

According to the society: sex between two consenting adults(whether married or not) is moral. However, master-slave relationship between two consenting individuals is immoral and illegal?

The society is biased, then, and as such, is not fit to make laws that govern human living/relationships.

the point of this discussion is to show that you'll be in jail if your Bible dictates 100% your morals

society evolves and morality evolves with it

almost everyone in the world is against buying and selling of humans but your bible not only endorses it, it also gave instructions on how to buy and sell them also instructions on how to pass them over to your children as properties

your Bible and imaginary friend endorses OWNING HUMAN BEINGS AS PROPERTY

[b]Leviticus 25:44-46
"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way".

Exodus 21:2-6
"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever".

Exodus 21:7-11
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment".

Exodus 21:20-21
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property".

Ephesians 6:5
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ".

1 Timothy 6:1-2
"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them".

Luke 12:47-48
"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."[/b]

now that you grew up in an era where they don't agree with most of those verses up there, you're finding it uncomfortable

it is archaic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

going by biblical verses I say YES

HE IS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT, I can even "discern" that he LIKES IT
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

going by biblical verses I say YES

HE IS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT, I can even "discern" that he LIKES IT

Your opinion.

And it changes nothing.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Your opinion.
And it changes nothing.
is that an "opinion"?
I backed it up with biblical verses bro
don't be dishonest
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the point of this discussion is to show that you'll be in jail if your Bible dictates 100% your morals

society evolves and morality evolves with it

almost everyone in the world is against buying and selling of humans but your bible not only endorses it, it tells you how to treat them like the verse I gave up there; there are also instructions on how to buy and sell them also instructions on how to pass them over to your children as properties

your Bible and imaginary friend endorses OWNING HUMAN BEINGS AS PROPERTY

You are yet to address the fact that I may sincerely want to be owned as a property.

I think it's very important that GOD used the word "may" when talking about buying slaves.

It becomes more presumptuous to say that GOD is in support of slavery when we realize that we never really know the conditions that facilitated master-slave relationships then.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

is that an "opinion"?

I backed it up with biblical verses bro

don't be dishonest

It's your opinion because it seems that to you, "you may buy slaves" means "you must own a slave. I have commanded so!"
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You are yet to address the fact that I may sincerely want to be owned as a property.

I think it's very important that GOD used the word "may" when talking about buying slaves.

It becomes more presumptuous to say that GOD is in support of slavery when we realize that we never really know the conditions that facilitated master-slave relationships then.

I thought I already addressed it?

didn't I say your owner(s) would be charged?

it also harms you

I like how you try valiantly to defend this

its the same reason some people strap a bomb on themselves
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I thought I already addressed it?

didn't I say your owner(s) would be charged?

it also harms you

I like how you try valiantly to defend this

its the same reason some people strap a bomb on themselves

I put it to you then that the society is evil since it doesn't want me to satisfy my desires(which don't harm anybody).

Does HIV harm someone or not? Why does the society not ban people from having sex with HIV+ people?

Why did you assume that master-slave relationship can harm me?

Stop running around circles, okay?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I put it to you then that the society is evil since it doesn't want me to satisfy my desires(which don't harm anybody).

Does HIV harm someone or not? Why does the society not ban people from having sex with HIV+ people?

Why did you assume that master-slave relationship can harm me?

Stop running around circles, okay?

read your bible that dictates your morals 100% for you

then look at it from the perspective of the slave

if you do this and still can't see how it can harm you, then you're beyond help
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

read your bible that dictates your morals 100% for you

then look at it from the perspective of the slave

if you do this and still can't see how it can harm you, then you're beyond help

I have read my Bible, and it told me to "do unto men that which I would have them do to me."

Don't mention me again if you have no quality, tangible, informed argument to present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I have read my Bible, and it told me to "do unto men that which I would have them do to me."

non sequitur

Don't mention me again if you have no quality, tangible, informed argument to present.

seeing you attempt to valiantly defend slavery in the bible is painful enough

enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by LiberaDeus: 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
Oga Landlord you have strength to be arguing with this guy.

I gave up on him when I saw that he likened consensual sex to slave ownership.

He actually said consensual master slave relationship was okay. Abeg which time on which planet or continent has slavery ever been consensual for the slave. Who offers himself up for slavery in this world and I don't mean indentured servants.

This Christians are like cats that will never let their backs touch the ground, they will wriggle and wriggle , squirm and dodge all in a bid to avoid admitting the clear flaws in their contradictory religion.

May FSM give you strength in debating this christards.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 5:09am On Dec 09, 2016
LiberaDeus:
Oga Landlord you have strength to be arguing with this guy.

I gave up on him when I saw that he likened consensual sex to slave ownership.

He actually said consensual master slave relationship was okay. Abeg which time on which planet or continent has slavery ever been consensual for the slave. Who offers himself up for slavery in this world and I don't mean indentured servants.

This Christians are like cats that will never let their backs touch the ground, they will wriggle and wriggle , squirm and dodge all in a bid to avoid admitting the clear flaws in their contradictory religion.

May FSM give you strength in debating this christards.

Chai!!!!

so na that kain guy I dey follow talk since?

Christianity does have degenerative effect on the brain
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 5:23am On Dec 09, 2016
Where is kingebukasblog aka morality comes from the bible? grin

Where is the instruction against pedophilia in the bible
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by foladara777(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2016
How could God not have seen that paedophilia is bad?? Damn! I am still kinda new to this religious section but the things that have been exposed about God here is abominably unconscionable.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2016
foladara777:
How could God not have seen that paedophilia is bad?? Damn! I am still kinda new to this religious section but the things that have been exposed about God here is abominably unconscionable.

na so we see am o
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
it fits Christianity
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
JackBizzle:
Where is kingebukasblog aka morality comes from the bible? grin

Where is the instruction against pedophilia in the bible

KingEbukasBlog, The runaway king
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by jonbellion(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thy christians were seriously destroyed in this thread
As every thread anyways
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
jonbellion:
Thy christians were seriously destroyed in this thread
As every thread anyways

Kingebukasblog?

Why are you running away from this thread? is it because of the serious destruction? grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Godstraight(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

Copy and paste rubbish. Do you know the marriage age of girls in the bible?

Your bible actually supports underage marriage. There are sources that say that Mary in the bible was married at 13/14
how could Mary be 14 when her cousin Elizabeth was already on menopuase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Don't Want Evil Prophecy Concerning 2022 / What Good Character Have You Developed Since You Started Attending Your Church? / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.