Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. (35874 Views)

Twitter User Shares Photos Of A Lady With The 'three Boyfriends' She's Dating / White Lady Sends iPhone & Apple MacBook To A Nigerian Guy She Met On Facebook / This Abuja Babe Is Searching For Guy She Snubbed At Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
RuggedArab:

Would you advise your bro or want your bf to help you in school fees or rent?
My bf once paid 50k i used in doing something in school, and won't take even 1k frm me, men are different, and i consider that one a man.

Don't 4get some of you are just boys. grin
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by nelszx: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
What are packet shirts?. Hope you knw they come frm different world designers.

My husband won't regret marrying me, bt for a bf, i don't owe him anything.

Let the posterity judge you, who's looking for a foolish girl that will spend on you.

Did you read in my post where I categorically stated I wanted a girl to spend on me? Hahaha of what use is it so it can be as a reference point tomorrow like you are already doing? Nah

If my girl choose to surprise me or probably gv me a treat I can't object to it. Maybe I may have misunderstood ur "packet shirt" but dat from a guys view is a very cheap commodity. You want to buy a guy a packet shirt with a breast pocket and u call it a designer simply put it "Shirt" and not complex the situation.

You feel it's ok I buy you exotic things cos we're dating but you don't think it's wise to surprise a guy with sth he'd like and appreciate. I would be stupid to allow a girl take my financial burden and I'll just watch and cross my leg and be feeling happy? C'mon babe no b babe buy G-Wagon for her man as appreciation of love? Think well dear a relationship is a 2 way street
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
nelszx:

Did you read in my post where I categorically stated I wanted a girl to spend on me? Hahaha of what use is it so it can be as a reference point tomorrow like you are already doing? Nah

If my girl choose to surprise me or probably gv me a treat I can't object to it. Maybe I may have misunderstood ur "packet shirt" but dat from a guys view is a very cheap commodity. You want to buy a guy a packet shirt with a breast pocket and u call it a designer simply put it "Shirt" and not complex the situation.

You feel it's ok I buy you exotic things cos we're dating but you don't think it's wise to surprise a guy with sth he'd like and appreciate. I would be stupid to allow a girl take my financial burden and I'll just watch and cross my leg and be feeling happy? C'mon babe no b babe buy G-Wagon for her man as appreciation of love? Think well dear a relationship is a 2 way street
Have you bought a Tokunba for ur gf b4?, did you see the babe that bought the car for him?.

Stupidity is when a man doesn't knw his roles in a relationship, my candid advice was for ladies and not for boys like you.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by nelszx: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
Have you bought a Tokunba for ur gf b4?, did you see the babe that bought the car for him?.

Stupidity is when a man doesn't knw his roles in a relationship, my candid advice was for ladies and not for boys like you.

Truth is you don't have to throw insults to drive home your point it doesn't validate yours either. Let's end it there, a relationship is a form of commitment and sacrifice and not a business venture. If you observed carefully I only picked out what wasn't making sense from all you wrote.
N.B: A man will always be a man we can shift our responsibility to the other gender. In as much I advocate a woman should bring sth to the table "occasionally" it should be as a support and not a moral obligation.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
nelszx:

Truth is you don't have to throw insults to drive home your point it doesn't validate yours either. Let's end it there, a relationship is a form of commitment and sacrifice and not a business venture. If you observed carefully I only picked out what wasn't making sense from all you wrote.
N.B: A man will always be a man we can shift our responsibility to the other gender. In as much I advocate a woman should bring sth to the table "occasionally" it should be as a support and not a moral obligation.
If you read my post very well, you would have realize that frm your last two sentences i made mention of that.

I only made emphasis with that word, and didn't insult any1.

Have a nice day.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by RuggedArab: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
My bf once paid 50k i used in doing something in school, and won't take even 1k frm me, men are different, and i consider that one a man.

You don't actually know people behind some monikers.

...... because he gave you 50k for a pressing need you consider him a man? and helping him out when he is down makes you less a woman or makes him a boy? smh.

You are selfishly broke mentally.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
RuggedArab:

You don't actually know people behind some monikers.

...... because he gave you 50k for a pressing need you consider him a man? and helping him out when he is down makes you less a woman or makes him a boy? smh.

You are selfishly broke mentally.

Thanks for the compliment. grin
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by agarawu23(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
That's ur mentality, just as i have mine.

My parents will always give me more money than my brother, and when he inquires, they tell him he's a man, and have survival instinct bt is nt the same for me, cos i maybe be forced to do other things.

I can't spend on a guy and let my parents knw, bt he can spend on me and let his parents knw, is totally wrong to be dependent on ladies, you're a man.

The oyibo people you like are not dummies.
I am a man means I should spend foolishly on a lady i am yet to marry? I cant take a gun for a lady who cant cross a gutter for me
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
agarawu23:
I am a man means I should spend foolishly on a lady i am yet to marry? I cant take a gun for a lady who cant cross a gutter for me
Nobody said you shld buy a ferrari o!. cheesy cheesy

NIgerian men.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by agarawu23(m): 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
Nobody said you shld buy a ferrari o!. cheesy cheesy

NIgerian men.
better angry
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by SucreB: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Halfricanadian please there is a difference between being in love and being stvpid.

@op

You are right. Though a lady can support her guy when in need, dah doesn't mean she should become his mugu. Personally I won't tolerate a girlfrnd cooking feeding and paying my bills, so that when things go awry, she'll start saying crap like, after all i've done for him. I just don't Wana hear Dat statement!

[b][/b]This is a good answer. Assist.....dont be a mugun.

things can be rough for a guy and his lady support him, not taking it as her responsibilities. you can also surprise with gifts and it has to be vice versa...... ladies please lets be wise!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Pinkbarbie comman talk your own o.
Of course, why shouldn't she?
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by lacum: 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
Never develop the habit of spending on a guy you're dating, there's no harm in helping them when they're in need, What real men want is a faithful lady, not one that spends on them.

To some spending on them reduces their self worth, even in marriages when a lady is the bread winner of the family, the men are not so happy, so why should your boyfriend be happy when you're the one doing virtually everything for him?, when such a relationship crashes, he has nothing to lose but you.

Imagine if all you do is:pay his school fees, pay rents, cook for him with your money whenever you visit, change his wardrobe, when there's no guarantee he will even marry you, neither are you his sugar mummy, is he handicap?. He will take all these and still cheat on you, and dump you when the need arise.

We ladies are naturally emotional, while the male counterparts are naturally logical, when he dumps you suicide is inevitable, he's likely to move on sooner that you.

He asked you out, you didn't ask him, why should you two go on a date, and you're the one buying everything, while he's collecting?.

Spending on a guy is not healthy, even your parents will frown at it.

Expecting the ladies you date to spend on you is like patronising a prostitute and asking her to pay you.

We're not in India where women marry men. grin

whenever i want to toast a girl the first thing i look out for is her mentality. if she thinks like the op i just enter bike and zoom off or run for my dear life
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Blackfire(m): 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Smhart1:
Wait till you are my man grin

how can i be your MAN?
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by danbrowndmf(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Of course, why shouldn't she?
but u have never spend on me before na.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Smhart1(f): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Blackfire:

how can i be your MAN?
You are a man you should know how to be my man. cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Blackfire(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
Smhart1:
You are a man you should know how to be my man. cheesy

u know different lady different choice.

Do u want me to sweeep u off your feet?

Or stole your heart with gun blazing?

Or come in like a smooth operator ?

*winks*
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Smhart1(f): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
Blackfire:

u know different lady different choice.

Do u want me to sweeep u off your feet?

Or stole your heart with gun blazing?

Or come in like a smooth operator ?

*winks*
Non of the 3 is not okay by me...
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2016
danbrowndmf:
but u have never spend on me before na.
You are not my man. lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by danbrowndmf(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
PinkBarbie:
You are not my man. lipsrsealed
sorry.i forgot i'm ur girl. grin
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by MSEdLAW(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by muhamad158(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2016
danypst:

we know virtually all Muhamads will prefer their wives to be a house-wife and not work. That stiil does not generally make it a foolish act. Its just ur opinion though.

As Your Name Sounds........ too me. I can't complain coz its your choice too make... So even if a make my wife A permanent Agent of the other room. You can't complain too. It's my choice too make.. Thanks Mr. Dany.....what
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by maximusprime2000: 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2019

hmmm, you called him a man becos he gave you 50k from his maybe a milli in account. wat do you call a man that gave 5k from his 10k in his account and you still dump him for a richer dude. if you not a man u can neva have a clue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Reasons Why Black Women Are Considered "Ugly" Than Other Races / Why Do Most Ladies Dislike Fat Guys? / Olosho Is A Multimillion Industry In Lekki - Nigerian Man Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.