Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. (35944 Views)

Twitter User Shares Photos Of A Lady With The 'three Boyfriends' She's Dating / White Lady Sends iPhone & Apple MacBook To A Nigerian Guy She Met On Facebook / This Abuja Babe Is Searching For Guy She Snubbed At Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by danbrowndmf(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2016
Pinkbarbie comman talk your own o.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Edipee(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2016
halfricanadian:

Na i av helped guys in d past

Givin out my money for investment to get him fone nd wears nd i never harmed him cos of d fact i spent

Wen i do anytin i put God into it cos he sees even in d hidden nd pays every man according to his or her deeds
Hmmm, don't mind all these guys that are forming " I don't need a woman's money" check out, they are the ones that will start sending PMs cos of this post.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by jaysan82(m): 6:52am On Jul 28, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
I dont understand, so because he asked you out you should just be collecting? You won't surprise him with gifts or pay for dinner once in a while? This is why guys keep shading ladies on this forum, you present yourselves as leeches.
I am glad this school of thought is coming from a lady. Firstly, an individual who let's a lady pay all his bills is suffering from mental and financial incarceration,it is not manly one bit. However, expecting a man to pay all ur bills simply because ure a woman is highly delusional. It shud be proportional, a woman's worth is not measured only by her degree of faithfulness, but also what she's bringing to the table in terms of intellect, finances, moral support, enterprise, emotional control and how well she takes care of herself.
You would NEVER attract a quality man if u don't open ur wallet every now and then to show how far ure willing to go for him. It's as simple as dat

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Mcowubaba: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
I have a family friend that works in shell, though! He's married, the wife works with the state government.

You won't believe that that man pays the wife monthly salary, ouside what she earns, and he still takes care of the home running.

That's who a man is.
Nonsense....
That's why we keep acting like we own you females
Leeches everywhere...

This is not about Gender equality or Feminism, this is just common sense and basic life, so you can't occasionally buy something nice for ur man, occasionally just take him on a special treat, no one is asking you to sponsor his life ambitions, but if you're more successful than him, nothing is wrong there undecided

I'm so grateful to God that my lovely sisters' are not leeches, I can't say the same for majority of Nigerian girls...
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by olagold79: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
I dont understand, so because he asked you out you should just be collecting? You won't surprise him with gifts or pay for dinner once in a while? This is why guys keep shading ladies on this forum, you present yourselves as leeches.

You're making sense jaare . it's really terrible the kind of mentality that's been entrenched on nairaland. Now I understand why peeps seems to complain when some stuffs makes front page. So many childish and stereotypical thinking. It's becoming annoying, or just that some of you just like attention cry cry

So ,what if you're the richer?,you still must keep collecting instead of spending. I hope you remember the case of Cynthia Osikogwu ( hope I get the spelling correctly), that's how she fashioned her own death. She decided to still collect money from guys she is even rich enough to buy.

I remember this op's response on a particular post. It quite obvious you have a deep seated archaic view, we already have many of your kind n you're unfortunately infecting your ilk. No 2 relationships are the same, so your point is if you spend less on a guy n he leaves you...you'll feel less pain.So childish n Myopic,goes to show how much money means to you. I have lost over 3k euro on investments in just the last 6months, why don't I go n kill my investors or kill myself because of some wrong choices.Many of you shouting will spend less than half on that on your boyfriend in his whole life.

It's really annoying how a lot of Nigerian youth think these days. And the stuffs I see in here scares me. Of all d problems we can solve with our thinking ...we have someone wake up n start giving this kind of advice. Op even said she has a family that works in shell n still pays the wife , "that's a man"....so every1 that can't work in shell n be that rich is half a man?.

My gal can spend anything on me, I have never asked n I am not more broke than she is , I am generally richer.But we both came from a poor background, and we have helped each other thus far. Even when she was doing IT, she'd spend at least 2k of her 10k salary on me every month.I have said it severally , I probably have spent far more on her....but in comparison it's just because I had more.We compete to see who spends more n can suprise the other with d best gifts. I partly sponsored her to Europe and I don't even see myself saying it in a way to brag...I can't just imagine.She in every way worth more than that. And if any1 of us leaves the relationship; which has almost happened a few times it won't be totally d others fault. She has done things for me that I wll never forget even in my grave. And if by any means we part way....walahi the last thing on my mind will be how much money I lost on her, I am sure that's true for her also. Money is totally inconsequential, can't we just reason past this nonesense.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by drnoel: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
Never develop the habit of spending on a guy you're dating, there's no harm in helping them when they're in need, What real men want is a faithful lady, not one that spends on them.

To some spending on them reduces their self worth, even in marriages when a lady is the bread winner of the family, the men are not so happy, so why should your boyfriend be happy when you're the one doing virtually everything for him?, when such a relationship crashes, he has nothing to lose but you.

Imagine if all you do is:pay his school fees, pay rents, cook for him with your money whenever you visit, change his wardrobe, when there's no guarantee he will even marry you, neither are you his sugar mummy, is he handicap?. He will take all these and still cheat on you, and dump you when the need arise.

We ladies are naturally emotional, while the male counterparts are naturally logical, when he dumps you suicide is inevitable, he's likely to move on sooner that you.

He asked you out, you didn't ask him, why should you two go on a date, and you're the one buying everything, while he's collecting?.

Spending on a guy is not healthy, even your parents will frown at it.

Expecting the ladies you date to spend on you is like patronising a prostitute and asking her to pay you.

We're not in India where women marry men. grin

Another one if those silly women not spend in men threads. The mentality of some people is really disheartening.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by olagold79: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
Never develop the habit of spending on a guy you're dating, there's no harm in helping them when they're in need, What real men want is a faithful lady, not one that spends on them.

To some spending on them reduces their self worth, even in marriages when a lady is the bread winner of the family, the men are not so happy, so why should your boyfriend be happy when you're the one doing virtually everything for him?, when such a relationship crashes, he has nothing to lose but you.

Imagine if all you do is:pay his school fees, pay rents, cook for him with your money whenever you visit, change his wardrobe, when there's no guarantee he will even marry you, neither are you his sugar mummy, is he handicap?. He will take all these and still cheat on you, and dump you when the need arise.

We ladies are naturally emotional, while the male counterparts are naturally logical, when he dumps you suicide is inevitable, he's likely to move on sooner that you.

He asked you out, you didn't ask him, why should you two go on a date, and you're the one buying everything, while he's collecting?.

Expecting the ladies you date to spend on you is like patronising a prostitute and asking her to pay you.

It's really terrible the kind of mentality that's been entrenched on nairaland. Now I understand why peeps seems to complain when some stuffs makes front page. So many childish and stereotypical thinking. It's becoming annoying, or just that some of you just like attention cry cry

So ,what if you're the richer?,you still must keep collecting instead of spending. I hope you remember the case of Cynthia Osikogwu ( hope I get the spelling correctly), that's how she fashioned her own death. She decided to still collect money from guys she is even rich enough to buy.

I remember this op's response on a particular post. It quite obvious you have a deep seated archaic view, we already have many of your kind n you're unfortunately infecting your ilk. No 2 relationships are the same, so your point is if you spend less on a guy n he leaves you...you'll feel less pain.So childish n Myopic,goes to show how much money means to you. I have lost over 3k euro on investments in just the last 6months, why don't I go n kill my investors or kill myself because of some wrong choices.Many of you shouting will spend less than half on that on your boyfriend in his whole life.

It's really annoying how a lot of Nigerian youth think these days. And the stuffs I see in here scares me. Of all d problems we can solve with our thinking ...we have someone wake up n start giving this kind of advice. Op even said she has a family that works in shell n still pays the wife , "that's a man"....so every1 that can't work in shell n be that rich is half a man?.

My gal can spend anything on me, I have never asked n I am not more broke than she is , I am generally richer.But we both came from a poor background, and we have helped each other thus far. Even when she was doing IT, she'd spend at least 2k of her 10k salary on me every month.I have said it severally , I probably have spent far more on her....but in comparison it's just because I had more.We compete to see who spends more n can suprise the other with d best gifts. I partly sponsored her to Europe and I don't even see myself saying it in a way to brag...I can't just imagine.She in every way worth more than that. And if any1 of us leaves the relationship; which has almost happened a few times it won't be totally d others fault. She has done things for me that I wll never forget even in my grave. And if by any means we part way....walahi the last thing on my mind will be how much money I lost on her, I am sure that's true for her also. Money is totally inconsequential, can't we just reason past this nonesense.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by 4nobody4every1: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
Well said grin grin

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Adamsee: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2016
What are u saying she help.... Dont u knw two heads is better than one....its people like u dat usually almost kill thier wife if u hear they have built one house or do something great without ur Notice....
#BETTER CHANGE
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by jaysan82(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:

This is just sheer bigotry. If u've got money and ur man is worth the trouble y not? In d 1st instance if ure with a man with substance and self worth, he would ensure that regardless of what he earns, he takes care of his woman, but for you to imply dat spending on a man is a no go area is toxic, primitive and says alot about ur level of exposure ( no pun intended).
I am a high maintenance man, i wud spoil my woman silly and expect nothing less from her sexually, financialy,intellectually and in practically all areas.
Alot of times,ladies think sex and faithfulness is all dat matters and ignore other areas of d relationship. D difference between success and failure in ur relationship cud simply b ur financial liberty around ur man. It's veerry key
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:

"what real men wants is a faithful lady" only for dis thing wey u talk. Make God Bless u plenty plenty

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by UIA04(f): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2016
sapiosexual1:

You really should sit her down and give her an education. I'm however not surprised this is coming from a western Nigeria lady, they are more exposed and lovable than those from the other divide of the Niger who would never use a dime of theirs for their man. Little wonder men from that side soo covet the ladies from the west.
Continue deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by menxer: 7:13am On Jul 28, 2016
hardbody:
https://www.nairaland.com/3246211/advice-needed-please#47844774

This post is yours, the only other post you have on NL, you must be a hustler or very ostentatious, or worse still a scum of the earth. Get some self worth, it helps.

Someone that is "extremely emotional" can't be expected to have any semblance of logical reasoning.

We are just seeing an epic sequel.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Ifebazz(m): 7:14am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
When he dumps you, you can go extra miles to harm him, because of all you gave.
How about the other way round, do you expect him to harm her based on what he gave her in the event that the relationship crashes?
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by drnoel: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2016
olagold79:

You're making sense jaare . it's really terrible the kind of mentality that's been entrenched on nairaland. Now I understand why peeps seems to complain when some stuffs makes front page. So many childish and stereotypical thinking. It's becoming annoying, or just that some of you just like attention cry cry

You are d man, words taken directly outa ma mouth. I feel like superman when I read comments like this on NL. I am so glad that there are men who think just like me on this forum. Sometimes the comments I read from little girls such as the op leaves so bad a taste in my mouth that I can't imagine. Nice one guy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Akexstinger(m): 7:18am On Jul 28, 2016
You should know a guy to spend on. Aside from merely promising you love or marriage isshh.. your few time and discussions with him should know what kind of man he is. Try and know his FUTURISTIC PLANS. Even when he is broke, he should be able to come up with ideas, what he intends to do if he stumbles into cash. If he is not a graduate, does he have plans to go to school, and if he is a graduate and no job yet, what efforts is it putting into getting a job. Can he do minute jobs? Does he have pride that would prevent him from doing minute job? Does he complain too much of cash problem?
From all these, you can now have a conviction on the type of man he is. Let your reason guide you before love.
And even in a strong relationship, you can also do little spending. Surprise him with gifts and outing. We guys like bragging with things that our ladies bought for us oh in the midst of guys without mincing words..u go hear "see this wristwatch, na my woman buy am for me oh, she de try for me well well"

And above all, always remember "TIT for TAT is fair play"

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by UIA04(f): 7:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Jay542:

A man shouldn't care really how much his woman earns. He is meant to still give her allowance even if she earns 500k and he earns 200k. A womans' money is for herself while the guys' earnings is for the family.
That's a very wrong notion o. Dont indulge a stingy woman, if the husband has financial hardship he will suffer it alone with his children while the wife will be living large.

There's nothing wrong in 80:20 or 90:10 division in the finances FOR THE FAMILY
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Sexytemi(f): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2016
EmperorLee:

I talk am say aga dey spit sense today.

Onstelly Sexytemi Naniawini Omonighoblessing make una kan see ooh.

Ladies should spend for their men gaan grin

There's no problem spending on my boyfriend if he's also spending on me, I don't believe in one way thing o, it should always be vice-versa, u give I give.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by telim: 7:22am On Jul 28, 2016
Even if she is richer than dangote.. I will never allow her to spend on me. Am the head of the family and it is my responsibility to provide for her and our off spring. Reverse is the case if she is my girl friend because whores ain't loyal..

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by swimcash(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:

bt u av no issue wit gender equality?
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by ayusco85(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2016
supersystems:
i wouldnt want a lady to spend on me so i can call it offs easily without too much sermon should the relationship not fly on the high i expeted of it.i dnt even collect a sweet from a lady unless i'm close to been sure every gift a woman gives is a trap.

Wow, it's like looking in the mirror. That's exactly how I roll too. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Why not if not. But as long as im also allowed to spend on her too..
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Gassa007: 7:55am On Jul 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Halfricanadian please there is a difference between being in love and being stvpid.

@op

You are right. Though a lady can support her guy when in need, dah doesn't mean she should become his mugu. Personally I won't tolerate a girlfrnd cooking feeding and paying my bills, so that when things go awry, she'll start saying crap like, after all i've done for him. I just don't Wana hear Dat statement!

I have been observing you,never make sense for once on this forum
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Jay542(m): 7:57am On Jul 28, 2016
UIA04:

That's a very wrong notion o. Dont indulge a stingy woman, if the husband has financial hardship he will suffer it alone with his children while the wife will be living large.

There's nothing wrong in 80:20 or 90:10 division in the finances FOR THE FAMILY
If she decides to help her family its her decision. But its not something she's meant to do. Dont say it like its part of her right to spend cos its not. There shouldnt be a sharing ratio sef. Thats my point.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by MrDoGood(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Should A Lady Guy Spend On A Guy woman She's he's Dating?

Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Smhart1(f): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Blackfire:

@smhart1 can u spend for me?

*takes cover*
Wait till you are my man grin
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Caleycash(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
I have a family friend that works in shell, though! He's married, the wife works with the state government.

You won't believe that that man pays the wife monthly salary, ouside what she earns, and he still takes care of the home running.

That's who a man is.
Wetin dey hungry you, no dey dis world hahahahaha...Chai, Lord have mercy on my sisters
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by jujunaty(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:
you just use the word dump. Do u think all guys just act the same way? What kindda guys do ladies pick for demselves anyway...
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2016
quote...

[/quote]

OP i wonnt wana guess d kindof emotional setback u r avin to write sumtin lik dis...relationship is partnership i.e we both share n contribute...no one xpect contribution frm his slave,,its nt also healthy 4 a man to spend on a Gf (gamble investment) no matter wat u do 4 a woman she can leave because she is alway open to beta offer...am proud to say only 5% of naija guyz wil take a woman out n xpect her to pay.. expectin a gurl to spend on a guy is lik fvckin a prostitute n xpectin her to pay ...se oro niyen..a woman is either a partner (contributes) or a slave (we xpect no contribution) ..naija men r d best we spend n dey r gud in wat ladies need ...regardless of heartbreaks let b mindful of wat we spread
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by davestead(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2016
Jay542:

A man shouldn't care really how much his woman earns. He is meant to still give her allowance even if she earns 500k and he earns 200k. A womans' money is for herself while the guys' earnings is for the family.
Guy just listen to yourself. So the family's welfare belongs to the man alone? You have a long way to go.
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by joshrare(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Benita27:

And he can go an extra mile to harm you, after spending almost all his earning on you and yet you dump them for not justifiable reasons?

You can dump him, and if he ask for all he has done for you your best reply is "e don enter bear bear bank" but if you spend on him and he dumps you you have right to go extra mile to harm himm

Haaa.... There's God ooo
Re: Should A Lady Spend On A Guy She's Dating?. by Caleycash(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Alright its my decision not yours
Nawa oo...am learning everyday of my life, Hahahahaha, Naija girls?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Valentine’s Day :10 Romantic Photos You Can Send To Your Girlfriend Today(pix) / Why Your Boyfriend May Not Be In A Hurry To Become Your Husband / Never Add Womanizing To Your Hustle, It Delays Your Breakthrough - Pretty Slay Q

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.