Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin (18498 Views)

Michael Gets President Buhari's Attention For His Card Design ! / NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Izonpikin: 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
surveycash:
When I gained admission to study petroleum emgineering, people said before I graduate, there will no longer oil in Nigeria. I was worried not until my final year when Professor Appah was taking us inflow/outflow performance in production.

I told him my worries and he said; "Nigeria is a large oil reservoir with pockets of gas here and there"...He spent the next 20mins explaining and showing locations of oil in Nigeria.

In summary, every state has oil only that not all are commercially viable/mature..
uniport or ust
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Odani: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=15pt]oyel hav bn discovered in Ogun, osun, Lagos, Niger,etc..... In other words we have oyel in every state in this failed Country... Yet FG is so much interested in the oyel at NIGER DELTA STATES and someone will be zombieing around weneva Nigeria is called a zoo.... Tufiakwa... *spits at Nigeria*[/size]

u are hereby officially deported from Nigeria. we are preparing ur documentation and u will be air fared to Somalia
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
before oil, when the north was the one feeding the whole country ( remember the groundnut pyramids in kano ? ) they didnt secede, i dont see why they will start now. they are bound by higher morals in the north. it is ugandans who discover oil and all of a sudden want to secede lolzzz

Go and tell that lie to your illiterate almajiri in kano, katsina etc.... the south also had cocoa, palm oil, coal and rubber. so you guys weren't the only ones feeding the nation at that time.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
@Alpha whatever the North were never feeding the entire country never in the history of Nigeria even till now.the bulk of our foods are imported posed as imported from North.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Abagworo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
They should go ahead and destroy their agricultural success with useless oil. When sane minds are talking about how to move away from extraction to production. Ndi ara
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by nonjebose(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
supersystems:

explain pls bro
Nigeria beyond oil should be the name of the game.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
@surveycash i feel bad for you for the saake of your lecturer i have friends studying petroleum engr in Canada and from 200L are going to fields to explore while he's bringing his self deluding maps to confuse you with the confusion his infected with,what a shame..
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by DobleO7: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
before oil, when the north was the one feeding the whole country ( remember the groundnut pyramids in kano ? ) they didnt secede, i dont see why they will start now. they are bound by higher morals in the north. it is ugandans who discover oil and all of a sudden want to secede lolzzz

Do you know that the first region that did not want one Nigeria, who said they wanted to develop in their own pace was Northern Nigeria? Do you know that the 1966 counter coup lead my Murtala Mohammed was to pull the North out of Nigeria? and were persuaded by the British not to?

The problem we are facing today in Nigeria is not because GEJ ruled for 5 years and did "NOTHING". It is because a certain clique of people who have been ruling the country since independence and have refused to leave the stage. This same people have seen Nigerians to only shout, scream after a while everyone keeps quiet and the circle of injustice, disrespect for the rule of law, thieving continues.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
nonjebose:

i hope ur not in Nigeria for your own sake.cos it wont be soon.These ones arn't thinkin,my notion wasnt wrong 40billion was reeased January 2016 for oil discovery in the basin so the guy at the other end of the basin too has to cry maybe somethin will drop.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
nonjebose:

i hope ur not in Nigeria for your own sake.cos it wont be soon.These ones arn't thinkin,my notion wasnt wrong 40billion was reeased January 2016 for oil discovery in the basin so the guy at the other end of the basin too has to cry maybe somethin will drop...``
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by tonio2wo: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=15pt]oyel hav bn discovered in Ogun, osun, Lagos, Niger,etc..... In other words we have oyel in every state in this failed Country... Yet FG is so much interested in the oyel at NIGER DELTA STATES and someone will be zombieing around weneva Nigeria is called a zoo.... Tufiakwa... *spits at Nigeria*[/size]
The oil reserves in the ND no be beans. Lag, ondo ogun, chad, niger, etc oil combined no reach half of wetin dey ND.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
I'm suprised u guys are mentioning oil.The gas base of the Niger Delta is 93 Trillion Cubic feet which means for every one barrel of crude oil there's 20million of gas which means enormous wealth that dwarfs crude oil....i know there's drama coming last time i visited ND i was invitied to come act as a deputy youth speaker/leader guess wat i told them guys,i said more knowledge produces more awareness of situation n as they get more educated probs is coming...it's coming its gradual
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by ckmayoca: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
DONSMITH123:

and you think Nigeria will ever divide?

If North discovers oil it may.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by DONSMITH123(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
ckmayoca:

If North discovers oil it may.

i dont think so bro. Not in naija and not on earth. maybe another planet like Jupiter
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Unbrandedguy: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:

they still want to secede then! don't believe falacy, It just did not work as at then.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by bakynes(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
For those shouting Resoure control, yes fine the proper system is resource control but we cannot restructure the country for resource control immediately. Many states will become poor, we need a deadline date for that after many states must have began exploration, mining of their natural resoures and market for their resources. If not how do you expect many states to live. The govt abandoned mining of other mineral resoures thats why we finding it difficult to run a true federalism at moment its feeding bottle system from Niger delta we dey run.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Izonpikin: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

Go and tell that lie to your illiterate almajiri in kano, katsina etc.... the south also had cocoa, palm oil, coal and rubber. so you guys weren't the only ones feeding the nation at that time.
they never fed the nation at all...na infants them go tell that kin story to... cheesy cheesy...soon they will tell ius the refineries in ph and warri were built with the sales of onions and tomatoes in the north...

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by cjrane: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
[size=18pt]Abooki and their obsession with Oyel! Tufiakwa !
God is not mocked. They should also try Kontagora basin and Birnin Kebbi basin.

The sad truth is that even if they find Oyel, typical abooki will still want to steal other people's resources. They are NEVER content with what they have.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by madenigga(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
shutup the north didnt nd neva fed anybody.
secondly even the little time they had small resources they were busy killing people up nd down over flimsy reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Izonpikin: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
bakynes:
For those shouting Resoure control, yes fine the proper system is resource control but we cannot restructure the country for resource control immediately. Many states will become poor, we need a deadline date for that after many states must have began exploration, mining of their natural resoures and market for their resources. If not how do you expect many states to live. The govt abandoned mining of other mineral resoures thats why we finding it difficult to run a true federalism at moment its feeding bottle system from Niger delta we dey run.
that is where the FG has to sit down and draw a plan..call for a referendum and lets talk things out on how all states can move on and not leeching solely on the niger delta..states should start thinking..governors should start working hard...resource control can be achieved gradually but as we can see a section of the country doesnt even want to talk about it let alone espouse it...we even have a president who cant think beyond the oil wells in the niger delta...a mechanical president...
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by tunderay(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
counsellorwiser:
Oil obsession, the number reason the economy is in a shambles, yet the present government wants to continue to pursue it to the eventual death of Nigerian economy. Welcome to Venezuela, people! smiley
One of the best comment I read on this thread, I have never heard of the govt, past and present talking about other mineral resouces, everything is centred on oil. This is Venezuela indeed.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by madenigga(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
shamecurls:
The Northerners have not just discovered that spot where oil deposit is in outrageous quantity. There terrain proves it s somewhere around and deep research needs to be done.

Oil always in large quantity`s in Hot desert like terrains. they definitely will have a larger reserve than the Niger Delta
dreamer, who dash monkey banana

1 Like

Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by sanandreas(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
fiizznation:
You need to back up your assertion with atleast a single prove

Bida basin in an inland basin Surrounded by crystalline basement.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by ndcide(m): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
I pray the north just find oil. So that this resource control can work.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by cyberdurable(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Odani:

u are hereby officially deported from Nigeria. we are preparing ur documentation and u will be air fared to Somalia

Are u a zombie? Or brown roof dweller? Am allergic to any of dem undecided
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by cyberdurable(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
that's why FG will Neva rest... Since they knw the fowl that lay the golden egg, why not treat it fine?
tonio2wo:

The oil reserves in the ND no be beans. Lag, ondo ogun, chad, niger, etc oil combined no reach half of wetin dey ND.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
More oil,more curses upon the unproductive country.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by sergiolefty(m): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
I think f.g will abandon niger delta nd face states which oil don dey......nd dis will provoke d militants nd will result in dem attacking dos states......nd dey ve started attacking Ogun nd lagos....... Won't be surprise if dey attack niger too....... Pmb sud do something fast abt dis
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by dadaijboy: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cool
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by counsellorwiser(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
tunderay:
One of the best comment I read on this thread, I have never heard of the govt, past and present talking about other mineral resouces, everything is centred on oil. This is Venezuela indeed.

Just let them keep looking for oil. I doubt they are abreast with the present state of Venezuela.
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
joborskill:
Now the Niger delta Avengers can go to hell
You see yourself... they can now go to hell because there's oil in bida basin. This shows that they were right all this while.. the only reason you need them is because of the oil instead of saying FG should meet their demands you say they should go to hell. SMH
Re: Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
some people can be so annoying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title / Dambazau Receives Igbo Chieftaincy Title Of Ochiagha (WAR GENERAL) / Security Lapses At Kuje Prison By Sadeeq Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.