Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler (941 Views)

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? / Help Me I'm In Love With Him!!! / My Short Story Of Dating A Sickler!!! Whats Yours If Any (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by Toluwani111: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Hello admin, please I want to be anonymous.
I am a 27 year old lady and I am dating a 33 year old guy. We love each other so much, but the problem is that he is a sickle cell patient.
We started dating since I was 18 and then I didn't know my blood group. All my siblings are blood group AA and I was thinking mine is also AA. My family knew we were dating but didn't know it could ever lead to marriage.
Some few months ago, he proposed to me, and I accepted. Then we started going for necessary lab tests and it was discovered that I am AS. Now my family is against the marriage because of the high possibility of giving birth to children that may all die off.
I want to run away with him and get married in a foreign country, but I'm scared of what the outcome might be. Not having the blessing of my parents is something I never bargained for.
Please advice is seriously needed. Do you guys think it will be wise is I ignore my parents warnings and just go with him?
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR REPLIES
Thanks for your love
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by Chanchit: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2016
Adopt one or two babies, don't try getting pregnant, live happily ever after.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by DrDreWise: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Love oversees everything. Love him if you do. What's the guarantee a truck wouldn't kill the kids if you had them with another man?

However, you made a grave mistake by assumptions and procrastinating.
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by firstking01(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2016
Turn to GOD cool
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by donTbone(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2016
Wouldn't advised you to go ahead except u have a strong leading from God to do so.
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by eleko1: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2016
How u take knw that ur children will die if u marry him? U have already sentence death judgement b4 arrival. God is still the unchangeable changer..U dnt need to run away to Gambia, sit down with him and talk it out.It is not by Force. wish u well
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by pahars(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2016
In as much dat I believe in love I wouldn't advise u to go ahead with the marriage.I don't tink u would want to go tru d emotional and financial troubles of having a sickle child it is very tiring.In order not to make ur child suffer unnecessarily, in as much its difficult its better u quit or only if u know u want to adopt kids den u can go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
[size=16pt]Yea, love makes us blind to lots of things but think very well. SS kids will drain your money. You will be frustrated so tey you will forget the love you have for each other. You won't even have time for 'lovey-lovey' when they start their wahala. Think twice and think about your future and the future of your kids. It's not gonna be easy thou[/size]
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by YUNGLURD(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm, oro re o eyin ara mi...heed ur parent' advice
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by GoldenJAT(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2016
this Genotype issues has really caused havoc 2 a lot of loving relationships.... leaving ur partner that never offended u is quite tough..... seek d face of God.. and if his hand is in that union... it's gotta change, if it doesn't.... then u av got 2 move on... I repeat again!! ITS A PRETTY TOUGH SITUATION.
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by classichsy(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
@op Toluwani. Oluwa ni you don see Oluwa ni (In Reekado banks voice)
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by mhisbliss(f): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2016
dont marry him he will be heart broken but don't, all this love you are feeling now will fade once you see what a sickler suffers and from the look of things only one or two with the AS gene will survive the rest will be sick always, crisis excruciating pains you name it, then you will be asking God why he allows your life to become miserable, please forget the love and think what you're going to subject yourself and this innocent unborn kids to, a word is enough for the wise
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by ritzybaby(f): 8:47am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by christinnah(f): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Ask God
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by obiak4(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2016
Anytime i hear sickler i remember my brother and Ymodulus my brother refused to marry because of his condition also a family friend the oldest ss have seen died at 56 not without years of crisis
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by Dandeson1(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Lol... I don't even want to read what you wrote... All i know is love, sickler and marriage is a no no.... Use your head and do what is right by walking away b4 you enter marriage wey u go regret give God, my sister no be everyday T.B Joshua church dey open ooooo
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by ossiken(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2016
If u surely love him sickle cell should not be the obstacle to marrying him afterall there is confirmed herbal cure for it
Re: Help! I'm In Love With A Sickler by stevecantrell: 11:16am On Aug 01, 2016
Why shouting help ?
if you cant handle it simply walk away.
I dont think he's holding you prisoner...

Having said that, sicklers dont just drop dead just all of a sudden. Youre concern should be keeping him healthy - infection free and crises free. I know a couple of family friends who have already marked their 70th birthday.
considering the WHO life expectancy for the average Nigerian is 54, they have done very well.

Finally if you know youre genotype AS and you want to have kids with an SS spouse. Youre SS children will never forgive you. Thers absolutely no excuse for that in the 21st century where everyone is well informed. What excuse would you give them ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys: Things You Should Not Do To Your Girlfriend. / Nairaland Ladies..help Us..the Vaseline Crew Is Taking Over / Mr & Miss Nairaland! How About Mr & Miss Moderator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.