Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (13648 Views)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2018
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Maximinenabila: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2018
Honestly speaking I can't.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2018
Maximinenabila:
Honestly speaking I can't.
Why?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2018
I'm AA.
You should marry me.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Faithscharms2(f): 10:55am On Jun 16, 2018
My dear that shouldn't be something to worry about now..concentrate on growing friendship FIRST and knowing each other very well and trust me it would workout for you..I know a few Sickle cell patients happy in relationships and even marriage..the first thing u must do is stop pitying urself first and foremost and don't think u are a second class human being because if u know ur worth then u will realise that no man is doing u a favour to be in a relationship with u dear,rather he is lucky..trust me I have seen these cases for real and know alot of people with the disorder happy in their relationships. See how really beautiful u are so y think no body would want u?lol the right man for u will definitely locate u but keep a positive attitude cos it's very important

11 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2018
Faithscharms2:
My dear that shouldn't be something to worry about now..concentrate on growing friendship FIRST and knowing each other very well and trust me it would workout for you..I know a few Sickle cell patients happy in relationships and even marriage..the first thing u must do is stop pitying urself first and foremost and don't think u are a second class human being because if u know ur worth then u will realise that no man is doing u a favour to be in a relationship with u dear,rather he is lucky..trust me I have seen these cases for real and know alot of people with the disorder happy in their relationships. See how really beautiful u are so y think no body would want u?lol the right man for u will definitely locate u but keep a positive attitude cos it's very important

Thanks for the advice. But I never stated that I'm sad or dejected or pitying myself. I just used my personal experience to ask a question.
So, would you date a sickler if you could?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2018
Funnicator:
I'm AA.

You should marry me.
grin grin
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2018
NO
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Slym180(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2018
Been a sickler is not a big deal, as long as i love her and we are compactible i can date and even marry a sickler if the love is there. Been a sickler is not the end of the world.

10 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2018
beardlessdude:
NO
Any reasons?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Any reasons?
scared of the whole shít. Sorry
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 16, 2018
beardlessdude:
scared of the whole shít. Sorry
No need to be. One man's meat...
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2018
grin

She's SS, I'm AA

Kini big deal? cool

I mean for dating oh. If Na marriage,.... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2018
izzou:
grin

She's SS, I'm AA

Kini big deal? cool

I mean for dating oh. If Na marriage,.... lipsrsealed
If she's good for dating, why not marriage?

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2018
My genotype is AA.

So, i can marry a sickler. Sicklers didnt create themselves, it wasnt their mistake.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

If she's good for dating, why not marriage?

Like that dude said, it's scary embarassed

But that's a good question anyway. If I eventually fall in love while I date her, why not? cool

We all die once anyway cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 16, 2018
desiregold:
My genotype is AA.

So, i can marry a sickler. Sicklers didnt create themselves, it wasnt their mistake.

I love your mindset

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2018
izzou:

Like that dude said, it's scary embarassed

But that's a good question anyway. If I eventually fall in love while I date her, why not? cool

We all die once anyway cool
True
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:
grin grin
Forget about my moniker babe; I'm really a gentle man.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2018
Funnicator:

Forget about my moniker babe; I'm really a gentle man.
Lol. I like gentle guys. Although I'm not.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Oyindidi(f): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2018
Yes though I'm scared of crisis. I am AA
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Lol. I like gentle guys. Although I'm not.

I guess we are opposite of each other in all ramifications.grin

From genotype to personality. Magnetic poles are usually attractive to opposite poles.

Also don't tell me now you're Muslim. shocked
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
Yes though I'm scared of crisis. I am AA
We all are.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by MissRaine69(f): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
No ...I have seen first hand the effects of the disease in men
Funnicator:

I guess we are opposite of each other in all ramifications.grin

From genotype to personality. Magnetic poles are usually attractive to opposite poles.

Also don't tell me now you're Muslim. shocked
grin grin
I'm a Christian.
MissRaine69:
No ...I have seen first hand the effects of the disease in men
Priapism?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Oyindidi(f): 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

We all are.
Scared of the crisis?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
Scared of the crisis?
Of course. But then there's no other choice but to face it.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:
grin grin I'm a Christian.
The stage is set cheesy
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by MissRaine69(f): 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Priapism?
That does not occur with all men but it’s among the types of ED that men with sickle cell could have.
Other ED besides priapism will affect fertility and I am aware that men tend to die from complications more than women based on recent research. So knowing all that I am conflicted.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by agrovick(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Look to the bright side, you don't have to worry about my malaria. gringrin
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

That does not occur with all men but it’s among the types of ED that men with sickle cell could have.
Other ED besides priapism will affect fertility and I am aware that men tend to die from complications more than women based on recent research. So knowing all that I am conflicted.
Not so. I know a few married folks both male and female. And 90-97% of them have kids. Some are even on this forum.
Apart from priapism, which can be managed, sickle cell doesn't have any major effects on fertility.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Girl Has Won My Heart With This Delicious Food - Photos / My Wife Told Her Father I Asked To Suck My Dick / Have You Forked A Girl Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.