Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends (53663 Views)

Essentials For Nigerian Girls Visiting Their Boyfriends: Eggs Included (Photos) / When Ladies Go To The ATM With Their Boyfriends (Photos) / 7 Immature Dating Habits Ladies Should Grow Out Of In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by DanceVille: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Aremu01:
Ok
Kwantinue
Smhart1:
So the guy should be doing "husband-ly" duty...

Continue

Continue you hear

Continue
Why are you saying "continue"?

Am I not right about what I wrote up there?
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by charijee(f): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
I see nothing wrong with number one though grin
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by piperson(m): 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
seconded
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Richiy(f): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mingle with his friends: Be polite and respectful to them. A real man would not let the opinion of his friends be the basis of decision making in his relationship. If he solely follows the opinion of his friends, he is not even worth it

Do his laundry: While you are not a drycleaner, there is nothing wrong with occasionally helping him wash, especially if he is washing or you are washing, you might just out of your current mood decide to help him or not...as long as you do not overdo it.

Spend the weekend at his place: I don't get this. Apart from regular dates and hangouts, don't one usually feel the need for privacy and companionship with your partner? When I date, I don't find it weird at all to want to spend some days over. So, I will just say that this is inconclusive. Whatever rocks one's boat.

Visit his family regularly: Why a girl would do that is beyond me. Regularly...like regularly? But why? Maintaining a good relationship with them is good enough. You don't have to constantly disturb them.

Depending on him to take care of you and your family: This one is hilarious. What is he? Your saviour or what? Lol. Why would you want to depend on a guy for your survival and even your family's? Don't give anybody your dignity abeg. Nuff said.

Sleep with him: This one is very relative. My philosophy is; It is your body and if you feel comfortable enough to share it with someone, it's okay. Please don't crucify me. A large percentage of us do it already, openly or covertly. If you don't, it is still okay. In all, don't let anyone make you do what you don't feel comfortable doing.

Public display of Affection: This is actually not that bad. Your emotions can make you openly show your partner love. But, it is the excess that is bad. A lot of pda, especially social media display, show esteem issues and insecurity. People that enjoy great relationships are too busy enjoying it to think of uploading photos every 5 minutes.

Generally, each relationship is dynamic and there is no rule for human relationships. Whatever works for the both of you is just fine! Others don't really matter. wink

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Greenbullet(m): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
DanceVille:
And you think that's right?
is it?
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Smhart1(f): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
DanceVille:
Lol!

What if am a female dear?
I know guys would have criticize more if the post was written by a lady
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by chigoizie7(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
AngelAhnie:
You are rightgrin

If any guy want full package from a lady then he should put a ring on it

Me, I am not investing(putting of rings) on any business I am not sure of, I have to @least know what i am dealing with,

U can't be my slave, u don't have to be my house help, but @least, let me know that U can do all that perfectly, without being forced to.

Op stop spooling market for people, a friend of mine is still crying because of what u wrote up there.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by chigoizie7(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Richiy:
Mingle with his friends: Be polite and respectful to them. A real man would not let the opinion of his friends be the basis of decision making in his relationship. If he solely follows the opinion of his friends, he is not even worth it

U are correct dear.

Be friends with his friends, when I say friends, I don't mean all these eye service kinda friends oh,

I know how many times I have prevented my guy from cheating on his bae, I also know I have always had her back, I know I have on many occasions cautioned my guy on treating her bad,

All these are because, we see his girlfriend as part of our cliq, not just his gf, but all of us, we have been good because we always had each other's back.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by vicstar(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Richiy(f): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
chigoizie7:

U are correct dear.

Be friends with his friends, when I say friends, I don't mean all these eye service kinda friends oh,

I know how many times I have prevented my guy from cheating on his bae, I also know I have always had her back, I know I have on many occasions cautioned my guy on treating her bad,

All these are because, we see his girlfriend as part of our cliq, not just his gf, but all of us, we have been good because we always had each other's back.

Exactly. Only boys will let his friends degrade his girl. Real men with good intentions for you will include you in his clan

3 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by MyLuvmyjoy(f): 4:38am On Jul 30, 2016
God bless sir kiss
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by MyLuvmyjoy(f): 4:41am On Jul 30, 2016
husbandforme.com is loaded with do's and don't of getting a good man for marriage.
[url]husbandforme.com[/url]
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by omofabulous(f): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
You are so right, it happens all the time grin
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Orikinla(m): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
DanceVille:
Every Nigerian Single ladies want to get married and of course wants to impress the man of their dreams.There's absolutely nothing wrong in showing off your good womanly skills and why you will make a better wife than your rival.

Buh there are some wifely duties you should avoid with your boyfriend if you want to have a good future ahead.

7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends

1. Mingle With His Friends

This might be fun if you knew him through his friends, buh nevertheless, you should cut down on all familarity with his friends once you start dating him.This will save you from the stress of your good intentions being misinterpreted,Or his friends knowing too much of you to begin to decide whether they like or approve you or not.

2. Do His Laundry

You should be focused on building your relationship, not how great a housekeeper you're.There are laundry shops on almost every street in Nigeria cities.If he tells you his clothes need washing, offer to call your laundry man for him or help him drop his clothes at the laundry shop.

3. Spend The Weekend At His Place

Most Nigerian ladies do this a lot and it's becoming a norm.You just want to have the feel of what it will actually be like living with him.It starts by sleeping over because it was too late for you to go home, then it progresses to you consciously going there for the weekend.What happened to the place you paid rent for? Smh..

4. Visit His Family Regularly

First things first, don't be in a haste to meet his family, or for him to meet your family unless he's planning to marry you.And when he finally introduces you to them, avoid paying the regular and uncalled for visits.The idea is not to get too involved with his family until you start bearing their name.

5. Depending On Him To Take Care Of You And Your Family

This is very common among Nigerian ladies, where a single lady assumes that all her financial burdens will be relieved by her boyfriend.Only lazy girls depend on their boyfriends for everything and if you want him to appreciate you, show him you're capable of taking care of your needs as well as that of your family.

6. Sleep With Him

Sex is sacred and was designed for married couples.You giving your body to your boyfriend goes against God's plan and also defiles your body and values.Stop giving him your body whenever he calls you up for it.Until he puts a wedding ring on your finger, then he's not worthy to receive wife benefits from you.When you become his wife, he will get treated like a husband.

7. Public Display Of Affection

Nigerian ladies are too fast in doing things when they are in a relationship.Try as much as possible to avoid going everywhere together, holding hands, kissing in public, uploading his pics on your social networks account and all that love birds do to drag attention.You might see it as part of spicing up your relationship buh it'll have negative effects on you if the relationship doesn't end up at the altar.

I drop my pen at this Juncture.

Written And Compiled By
DanceVille

Well said.
But many unreasonable girls will not follow good advice.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by oluwasegun007(m): 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dis is what dey do exactly with their boy friends,

and most stop doing it after marriage....

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by MadCow1: 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
DanceVille:
Every Nigerian Single ladies want to get married and of course wants to impress the man of their dreams.There's absolutely nothing wrong in showing off your good womanly skills and why you will make a better wife than your rival.

Buh there are some wifely duties you should avoid with your boyfriend if you want to have a good future ahead.

7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends

1. Mingle With His Friends

This might be fun if you knew him through his friends, buh nevertheless, you should cut down on all familarity with his friends once you start dating him.This will save you from the stress of your good intentions being misinterpreted,Or his friends knowing too much of you to begin to decide whether they like or approve you or not.

2. Do His Laundry

You should be focused on building your relationship, not how great a housekeeper you're.There are laundry shops on almost every street in Nigeria cities.If he tells you his clothes need washing, offer to call your laundry man for him or help him drop his clothes at the laundry shop.

Most Nigerian ladies do this a lot and it's becoming a norm.You just want to have the feel of what it will actually be like living with him.It starts by sleeping over because it was too late for you to go home, then it progresses to you consciously going there for the weekend.What happened to the place you paid rent for? Smh..

4. Visit His Family Regularly

First things first, don't be in a haste to meet his family, or for him to meet your family unless he's planning to marry you.And when he finally introduces you to them, avoid paying the regular and uncalled for visits.The idea is not to get too involved with his family until you start bearing their name.

5. Depending On Him To Take Care Of You And Your Family

This is very common among Nigerian ladies, where a single lady assumes that all her financial burdens will be relieved by her boyfriend.Only lazy girls depend on their boyfriends for everything and if you want him to appreciate you, show him you're capable of taking care of your needs as well as that of your family.

6. Sleep With Him

Sex is sacred and was designed for married couples.You giving your body to your boyfriend goes against God's plan and also defiles your body and values.Stop giving him your body whenever he calls you up for it.Until he puts a wedding ring on your finger, then he's not worthy to receive wife benefits from you.When you become his wife, he will get treated like a husband.

7. Public Display Of Affection

Nigerian ladies are too fast in doing things when they are in a relationship.Try as much as possible to avoid going everywhere together, holding hands, kissing in public, uploading his pics on your social networks account and all that love birds do to drag attention.You might see it as part of spicing up your relationship buh it'll have negative effects on you if the relationship doesn't end up at the altar.

I drop my pen at this Juncture.

Written And Compiled By
DanceVille

It's like anyone can just write up any nonsense that enters their head, put it here on Nairaland and Lalasticlala will put it on the frontpage. angry angry

This is some straight up bullshit. .

I can bet that this OP is a strong Virginia that still closes his eyes at kissing scenes in movies. angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by nijanigga: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
easier said than done.
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Iseoluwani: 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Boyooosa(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
DanceVille:
Hmmmmm...
Summary is your major, you nailed it.
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by sbabimbola(f): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
well written.....
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by RuuDie(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
How about people stop dating all together... no courtship or anything and just take a "blind leap of faith" when the time for marriage comes. We won't need all this "dos" and "donts" every other day!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Philinho(m): 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
And you think they'll hear?

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by MadCow1: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Richiy:

Do his laundry: While you are not a drycleaner, there is nothing wrong with occasionally helping him wash, especially if he is washing or you are washing, you might just out of your current mood decide to help him or not...as long as you do not overdo it.

Spend the weekend at his place: I don't get this. Apart from regular dates and hangouts, don't one usually feel the need for privacy and companionship with your partner? When I date, I don't find it weird at all to want to spend some days over. So, I will just say that this is inconclusive. Whatever rocks one's boat.

Visit his family regularly: Why a girl would do that is beyond me. Regularly...like regularly? But why? Maintaining a good relationship with them is good enough. You don't have to constantly disturb them.

Depending on him to take care of you and your family: This one is hilarious. What is he? Your saviour or what? Lol. Why would you want to depend on a guy for your survival and even your family's? Don't give anybody your dignity abeg. Nuff said.

Sleep with him: This one is very relative. My philosophy is; It is your body and if you feel comfortable enough to share it with someone, it's okay. Please don't crucify me. A large percentage of us do it already, openly or covertly. If you don't, it is still okay. In all, don't let anyone make you do what you don't feel comfortable doing.

Public display of Affection: This is actually not that bad. Your emotions can make you openly show your partner love. But, it is the excess that is bad. A lot of pda, especially social media display, show esteem issues and insecurity. People that enjoy great relationships are too busy enjoying it to think of uploading photos every 5 minutes.

Generally, each relationship is dynamic and there is no rule for human relationships. Whatever works for the both of you is just fine! Others don't really matter. wink

You sound like a wife material.. grin (100 Yards).. grin

Woman wey no Mingle with her boyfriend friends na ehn dey marry Armed Robber.. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Boyooosa(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
Iseoluwani:
grin grin
Where did u get the second snapshot? It was well researched, with it, I dont need any other girl.

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by vkon2(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
THANK GOD FOR THE TOPIC, I ALMOST THOUGHT ITS SEVEN WIFE DUTIES NIGERIA GIRLFRIEND Should NOT AVOID, UNTIL I SEE NUMBER 5

1 Like

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Richiy(f): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
MadCow1:

You sound like a wife material.. grin (100 Yards).. grin

Woman wey no Mingle with her boyfriend friends na ehn dey marry Armed Robber.. grin

100 yards will not reach ashebi oooooooo grin grin. By their friends you shall know them.
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by wadetaw202: 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
DanceVille:
And you think that's right?

If you must collect money, you must collect sex

As for you, you are free to empty your bank account on her without ever seeing how sexy her panties look. It is your choice.
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by handcraftdbyGOD: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
True talk[color=#770077][/color] grin
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Whoever made this list has no idea what they're talking about angry

4 Likes

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by MadCow1: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
Richiy:

100 yards will not reach ashebi oooooooo grin grin. By their friends you shall know them.

I swear you just read my mind..

I was just here thinking to myself.. How else can a Babe know the kind of person her Boyfriend truly is if she isn't close to his friends. Even King Solo of the Bible said it in the book of Zachariah 2:11 'Show me your friends and I will tell you who you truly are'.

Your response was classic.. You might as well have copied and pasted my write up.
Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by jahbiz: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
DanceVille:

2. Do His Laundry

6. Sleep With Him

Ask ur elder sisters if they didn't do d ones above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends by Yuneehk(f): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Cutezt:
I See Nothing Wrong With No 3, I Have Slept On The Same Bed With My Gf For 3 Days, And Nothing Serious Transpired Between Us, BTW, I Will Outrightly Dump Any Lady Who Does'nt Give Me PDA, Warrafuk??
But something "unserious" did abi grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.