Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism (39071 Views)

Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / Buhari's Sectionalism Hits E-APC / VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by RRoyaId: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
These are the real imolites on ground and not the tout called abagworo the propagandist cheesy

Oh they voted bubu to rescue them cheesy

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by mikolo80: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
MzPecs:

Lol cheesy
I bring good tidings wink

Just passing by and thought I should say hi smiley

And I gladly accept and reciprocate said tidings
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by MzPecs(f): 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:

And I gladly accept and reciprocate said tidings
Pls follow back.. embarassed
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by mikolo80: 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
MzPecs:

Pls follow back.. embarassed
I have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by RRoyaId: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
Okoroawusa is a deranged lunatic cheesy

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by onyidon21: 11:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:

Only Anambra is the problem of Ndigbo. Minus Anambra there will be unity.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by onyidon21: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by Nature8(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2016
Trut:
Ngige need hottest slap for defending that President Buhari

Lol..
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by HopeAtHand: 6:15am On Aug 02, 2016
RRoyaId:
Have you finally found your voice? Well we shall be in PH again by Thursday. You have 3days to plan for our meeting. No excuses this time..

[s][/s]

and exactly what are we meeting for?... Cos i dont drink.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Instead of just booing, they should begin a one million man march to Aso Rock to demand the President's impeachment or resignation.
noooo ,I disagree, we must not impeach bubu o,or you want zombies to say if bubu was not impeached he would have turned naija to dubai if only we had been a little more patient.We must see where this change will take us by 2019. majority of Nigerians voted for this change, so change we will all get, even me that didn't believe the too good campaign promises. we all must suffer together, afterall if government good na for we all,if e bad,na for we all too
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by AmuDimpka: 6:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

The way ikpu nne gi is the problem

Remove ikpu nne gi from the picture every other things falls into place

Atulu
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by RRoyaId: 6:41am On Aug 02, 2016
I am a friend of Rivers State and you are from Rivers State. I will like to introduce you to Wike's younger who is my personal friend.

HopeAtHand:

and exactly what are we meeting for?... Cos i dont drink.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by HopeAtHand: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2016
RRoyaId:
I am a friend of Rivers State and you are from Rivers State. I will like to introduce you to Wike's younger who is my personal friend.

thank you very much. I want to be introduced to Buhari, not Wikes younger brother.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by jojothaiv(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2016
Not surprised though!
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by ceejay4real(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2016
mikolo80:
when police and sss start with una now na lamentations go follow

Modafvcking BARBARIAN!
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by VERDA: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:

Yes...You're right

But who actually says he's holding it against them?

Have you ever played ordinary school politics? well i've seen it first hand and there are trade-offs involved.
I.e you want my delegates? Ok what can you offer me? This Is why it's called politics.

Before pmb got there do you know how many slots he promised to SW n north? How many personal promises he made to atiku, tinubu, amaechi, obj, oshiomole, okorocha n co?

All those rented crowds you see @ rallies you think it's the governor who goes to load them inside bus? Do you know how useless a ward chairman/leader Is (even within a winning party) if he couldn't deliver his ward during the elections?

Dokpesi that is going around state by state to woo delegates do you think it's just to chat? Man it's politics!

Lagos-calabar rail was removed from budget, calabar-itu was removed yet ND SENATORS FROM CROSS RIVER haven't been castigated for it shows politically inept they are... politics is a ruthless game, go hard or go home.

The east rejected buhari, they shouldn't heat up the polity. If there are to be 10 appointments only 1 or 2 will be from the east...it's not marginalisation, it's politics.

Come 2019 they have another chance @ politiking but from what i'm seeing so far they haven't learnt their lessons if okorocha and ngige can be HATED cos they played their politics well.

Asking for presidency to be zoned to east proves failure to play the game.

Your might b right bro but you must understand that Nigeria is a peculiar case,with deep ethnic devisions nd all,the northwest nd north east did not vote for jonathan too in his first tenure but the appointments were spread across board,i am talking about very sensitive positions like the security of the nation nd all,the people who wrote the constitution were conscious of this deep devision hence the inclusion that all appointements must show federal character irrespective of how the people voted.WHILE I THINK THE HATRED A LOT OF EASTERNERS HAVE FOR THE PRESIDENT IS TO A CERTAIN DEGREE NOT JUSTIFIED and that they should realize he would not rule forever,the president must be very careful not to widen the devision, his exclusion of the east from very sensitive position is too glaring,its almost as if he is saying its payback time,it would have been cool nd termed POLITICS if it did not risk the disintegration of the nation,hopefully one day we would rise against ethnic sentiments but for now we must not feign ignorance of its existence.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by saintdennis(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2016
VERDA:

Your might b right bro but you must understand that Nigeria is a peculiar case,deep. deep ethnic devisions nd all, the northwest nd north east did not vote for jonathan. too in his first tenure but the appointments were spread across board,i am talking about very sensitive positions like the security of the nation nd all,the people who wrote the constitution were conscious of this deep devision hence the inclusion that all appointements must show federal character irrespective of how the people voted.WHILE I THINK THE HATRED A LOT OF EASTERNERS HAVE FOR THE PRESIDENT IS TO A CERTAIN DEGREE NOT JUSTIFIED and that they should realize he would not rule forever,the president must be very careful not to widen the devision, his exclusion of the east from very sensitive position is too glaring,its almost as if he is saying its payback time,it would have been cool nd termed POLITICS if it did not risk the disintegration of the nation, hopefully one day we would rise against ethnic sentiments but for now we must not. [b]feign ignorance of its existence. .

I actually bolded those 4 to prove some points.
#1- THERE ARE NO REAL ETHNIC DIVISIONS IN NIGERIA...it is ONLY the igbos who are causing problems and have infected the ND. ND was never really about secession but about greater share of oil wealth.
It's the igbos who have refused to move on from the 1966-1970 issue other tribes have moved on...they need to grow up.

#2- the NW, NE VOTED FOR BUHARI... BUT THEY DID NOT REJECT JONATHAN. GEJ GOT @LEAST half the votes from the NW, NE buhari DID NOT GET A LANDSLIDE VICTORY let us not forget the EAST ALSO REJECTED PMB IN 2011. Gej won SE/SS by a landslide.

Gej assured of being a 1-term president, this is politics he reneged on the deal which saw him win NC and some NE states , attached are verifiable images THE SW,SE,SS overwhelmingly REJECTED PMB IN 2011.

#3 bro it's politics and the nation will grow for it, if the igbos wanna start another war over this they should go ahead but should remember like 1967-1970 only the victor enjoys the spoils of war, the loser must accept the crumbs all over again.

The east cannot hate the SW, NC,NE,NW just because they chose to switch allegiances in 2015 , also a lot of ND and IGBOS occupy good positions in buhari's govt but they cannot occupy the MAIN JUICY POSITIONS it's not possible.
Look @ kachikwu who was a super minister his people disgraced him by continually bombing pipelines amaechi is also a super minister onyeama(foreign affairs) ngige(labour) eyinnaya(trade) onu(science). What were the IGBOS EXPECTING? Power,housing? Transport? Lols

#4- bro it is that feigned ignorance that has put us where we are today where humans have become demi-gods a man like eweremadu CAN NEVER GO TO JAIL(everyone knows that) because it will be tagged witch hunt, A MAN LIKE TINUBU cannot be sent to jail Cos it will be tagged assault on yorubas A MAN LIKE BUHARI cannot be impeached cos he's the top man from the north.
YOU CANNOT SACK A WESTERNER AND REPLACE HIM/HER WITH AN EASTERNER Without causing ethnic problems? Why??

If the country is to break up no wahala...but we cannot continue to allow everything be dictated by "what tribe are you". PMB REMAINS OUR BRAVEST PRESIDENT SO FAR.

It's all or nothing.

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by PhilemonObende: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:

#1- THERE ARE NO REAL ETHNIC DIVISIONS IN NIGERIA...it is ONLY the igbos who are causing problems and have infected the ND. ND was never really about secession but about greater share of oil wealth.
It's the igbos who have refused to move on from the 1966-1970 issue other tribes have moved on...they need to grow up.

#2- the NW, NE VOTED FOR BUHARI... BUT THEY DID NOT REJECT JONATHAN. GEJ GOT @LEAST half the votes from the NW, NE buhari DID NOT GET A LANDSLIDE VICTORY let us not forget the EAST ALSO REJECTED PMB IN 2011. Gej won SE/SS by a landslide.

Gej assured of being a 1-term president, this is politics he reneged on the deal which saw him win NC and some NE states , attached are verifiable images THE SW,SE,SS overwhelmingly REJECTED PMB IN 2011.

#3 bro it's politics and the nation will grow for it, if the igbos wanna start another war over this they should go ahead but should remember like 1967-1970 only the victor enjoys the spoils of war, the loser must accept the crumbs all over again.

The east cannot hate the SW, NC,NE,NW just because they chose to switch allegiances in 2015 , also a lot of ND and IGBOS occupy good positions in buhari's govt but they cannot occupy the MAIN JUICY POSITIONS it's not possible.
Look @ kachikwu who was a super minister his people disgraced him by continually bombing pipelines amaechi is also a super minister onyeama(foreign affairs) ngige(labour) eyinnaya(trade) onu(science). What were the IGBOS EXPECTING? Power,housing? Transport? Lols

#4- bro it is that feigned ignorance that has put us where we are today where humans have become demi-gods a man like eweremadu CAN NEVER GO TO JAIL(everyone knows that) because it will be tagged witch hunt, A MAN LIKE TINUBU cannot be sent to jail Cos it will be tagged assault on yorubas A MAN LIKE BUHARI cannot be impeached cos he's the top man from the north.
YOU CANNOT SACK A WESTERNER AND REPLACE HIM/HER WITH AN EASTERNER Without causing ethnic problems? Why??

If the country is to break up no wahala...but we cannot continue to allow everything be dictated by "what tribe are you". PMB REMAINS OUR BRAVEST PRESIDENT SO FAR.

It's all or nothing.

What is this 'Igbos-are-the problem' muslim m0ron saying?

Igbos are the problem yet you want to die uniting 'by force' with them.
I'm sure you are also 'e-christian' who loves fulani herdsmen but hate christian Igbos. You take up christian name like 'dennis' to decieve the gullible when your real name is 'Mustapha' like you did before Buhari's election. Are you not demented? grin

You remind of yoruba muslims like lateef who claimed they were 'christians' on the internet who would vote El-dullardeen Bin Dumbhari just to fool their gullible yoruba christian brothers. Keep fooling your Islamic beard, Mr 'dennis' . cheesy

Igbo and their ND cousin remain the only prophets in this country, they told that your illiterate lord and master is a sectional, and bigoted murderer who never changes. Of course they were right. Bumbling buffoons and zombies wouldn't like to admit that IGBOS and ND were right. Go and die. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by VERDA: 10:38am On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:

It's all or nothing.

I do not totally agree with you that there r no ethnic sentiments and the Igbo's are the only ones fueling unrest,the deep ethnic nd religious sentiments r so glaring and I am not talking about MASSOB,IPOD,AVENGERS and all,these groups just deepen the already present devisions,most people they claim to represent do not agree with their methods,you said it urself that some people are untouchables irrespective of crimes they might have commited due to what their people would say,this goes to prove my point,about the ND clamor for more control of their resources,it is not a just cause considering....,if it is why then is it not been seriously looked into,nd a road map drawn to bring it to fruition?,what r the people opposing it really scared of?.About the whole biafra ish,i think its a little insensitive for you to just ask them to grow up,most of them grew up hearing about how their grandparents were killed,starved nd their land decimated,irrespective of who is to blame.Refusing to face our history however painful,choosing to bury it and pretend nothing happened will not help matters,help our healing nd foster unity,not everything is about war,spoils of war nd all,everybody has a right to self determination,if they decide they do not want to be part of the union although i think majority do not share this view,its their choice,we cannot continue threatening every region that might want to leave the union with war under the guise of one nigeria. I am a strong supporter of the Nigerian project nd feel we would be greater as one nation but we must draw up a system that would ensure our unity,not a forced union that tends to breed suspicion among the numerous ethnicities,hence the clamour for true federalism which i think might be our only option.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by newborn20(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ngige is a disgrace to indigenous people of Biafra, a dwarf man
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by saintdennis(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
VERDA:

I do not totally agree with you that there r no ethnic sentiments and the Igbo's are the only ones fueling unrest,the deep ethnic nd religious sentiments r so glaring and I am not talking about MASSOB,IPOD,AVENGERS and all,these groups just deepen the already present devisions,most people they claim to represent do not agree with their methods,you said it urself that some people are untouchables irrespective of crimes they might have commited due to what their people would say,this goes to prove my point,about the ND clamor for more control of their resources,it is not a just cause considering....,if it is why then is it not been seriously looked into,nd a road map drawn to bring it to fruition?,what r the people opposing it really scared of?.About the whole biafra ish,i think its a little insensitive for you to just ask them to grow up,most of them grew up hearing about how their grandparents were killed,starved nd their land decimated,irrespective of who is to blame.Refusing to face our history however painful,choosing to bury it and pretend nothing happened will not help matters,help our healing nd foster unity,not everything is about war,spoils of war nd all,everybody has a right to self determination,if they decide they do not want to be part of the union although i think majority do not share this view,its their choice,we cannot continue threatening every region that might want to leave the union with war under the guise of one nigeria. I am a strong supporter of the Nigerian project nd feel we would be greater as one nation but we must draw up a system that would ensure our unity,not a forced union that tends to breed suspicion among the numerous ethnicities,hence the clamour for true federalism which i think might be our only option.

Yea I understand and endorse your points.

I'm a southerner tho my state ain't part of biafra, I used to hate the north cos of the aforementioned biafran genocide...until I read obj's my command, then internet boom came and I did my research believe you me... it's interesting

biafra is ojukwu's ideology not the igbos(in the beginning) he lost military politics and went back to his region to declare biafra.

Please conduct a research you will see the north actually prefers a regional system, it was an igbo man who cancelled the federal system and promulgated the UNITARY DECREE against the advice of the northerners
When GOWON took over his FIRST ACT was to restore the federal system #fact

Then ojukwu's rage which had good support thanks to the pogroms in the north caused him to go back to unitary style.

Till today there's still an element of regionalism in the north ---or why do we have. Sharia law?

I agree with you... WE MUST FIND A POLITICAL SYSTEM THAT WORKS...but it hinges on the predisposition of various groups to accept the need to adopt it and the outcomes of a national conference.

Gowon hosted a constitutional conference, the mid-west advocated federal, west and north advocated confederacy while the east was shouting secession just because it was ojukwu's directive. #fact.

The civil war was fought (on the Nigerian side) by ethnic minorities #fact

The north wanted to secede in 1953(before our independence) nnamdi AZIKIWE didn't allow that #fact
The west wanted to include "right of secession" in our independence constitution but same azikiwe rejected it(and even wrote Britain on the issue #fact

The marriage has happened, we can only co-exist in harmony or co-exist in strife.

I'm stating all these so you understand the position of the north on the Nigerian question...the problem is OIL.

The easterners want the oil, the westerners want the oil, the northerners want the oil...this is why the ND is what it is today.

So before any constitutional conference can be held the whole nation has to agree to live together. #fact

Scotland had their. UK INDEPENDENCE referendum and chose to stay...have you checked out the brexit vote? Scotland & northern ireland voted to REMAIN but Wales and England voted to LEAVE ... Scotlands first minister started complaining and asking for another UK INDEPENDENCE referendum and even the Scots shut her down

That's how democracy is, you cannot always get your way...this is what every region must understand

That is the first step to creating a better nigeria.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by saintdennis(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
PhilemonObende:

[s]What is this 'Igbos-are-the problem' muslim m0ron saying?

Igbos are the problem yet you want to die uniting 'by force' with them.
I'm sure you are also 'e-christian' who loves fulani herdsmen but hate christian Igbos. You take up christian name like 'dennis' to decieve the gullible when your real name is 'Mustapha' like you did before Buhari's election. Are you not demented? grin

You remind of yoruba muslims like lateef who claimed they were 'christians' on the internet who would vote El-dullardeen Bin Dumbhari just to fool their gullible yoruba christian brothers. Keep fooling your Islamic beard, Mr 'dennis' . cheesy

Igbo and their ND cousin remain the only prophets in this country, they told that your illiterate lord and master is a sectional, and bigoted murderer who never changes. Of course they were right. Bumbling buffoons and zombies wouldn't like to admit that IGBOS and ND were right. Go and die. grin[/s]

Trash. I have ZERO need to prove my ethnicity / tribe to you...

Read what you posted, look yourself in the mirror, then ask yourself if you just justified your age and education (that is if you're educated)
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by PhilemonObende: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:

[s]Trash. I have ZERO need to prove my ethnicity / tribe to you...

Read what you posted, look yourself in the mirror, then ask yourself if you just justified your age and education (that is if you're educated)
[/s]

Like I said earlier, keep decieving your muslim beard with "fulanis are the best for we christians" and "Igbos are the problem". Zombie on... grin

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by kinharold(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
Trut:
Ngige need hottest slap for defending that President Buhari
Actually, it is becoming more difficult by the to defend PMB and the APC government. Even die-hard Zombies are struggling with it too.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by PhockPhockMan: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

It's left for Igbos decide who's their problem, not stranger like you.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by mikolo80: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
ceejay4real:

Modafvcking BARBARIAN!
Hehehe
You're all going down
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by B2mario(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Most Anambrians hate other Igbos hence I'm not even interested in their love. I don't shy away from truth in my life. If Ndi Anambra change rheir ways Igboland will be better.

Bro you are right let them pretend as if they don't know their nature. useless people.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by Abagworo(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:

biafra is ojukwu's ideology not the igbos(in the beginning) he lost military politics and went back to his region to declare biafra.

Please conduct a research you will see the north actually prefers a regional system, it was an igbo man who cancelled the federal system and promulgated the UNITARY DECREE against the advice of the northerners
When GOWON took over his FIRST ACT was to restore the federal system #fact

You are very wrong my friend. Forget the research and get right information from those who lived then. Biafra was a child of circumstance and not Ojukwu's exclusive ideology. All the people in the then Eastern region were part of the idea and a Rivers man actually christened it Biafra. The misinterpreted coup of 1966 led to an unanimous hatred for Igbos by the rest of the country and they sought vengeance which reached its climax with the death of Aguiyi Ironsi and the resultant pogroms which necessitated a safe area Igbos could survive on their own from being annihilated with well orchestrated genocide. That safe area wss the Eastern Region rechristened Biafra. The rest of the politics surrounding the civil war itself and withdrawal of Southern minorities was more of where one's interest would be served most.

I am not a supporter of secession and will never be but the truth must always prevail.

Aguiyi Ironsi never proposed the unitary system as his own personal idea but it was conceived then as a way of uniting the country in order to prevent the brewing ethnic crisis. The same people that he agreed with to implement it rather used it as a means of fulfilling their wish of vengeance against Igbos.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by saintdennis(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

You are very wrong my friend. Forget the research and get right information from those who lived then. Biafra was a child of circumstance and not Ojukwu's exclusive ideology. All the people in the then Eastern region were part of the idea and a Rivers man actually christened it Biafra. The misinterpreted coup of 1966 led to an unanimous hatred for Igbos by the rest of the country and they sought vengeance which reached its climax with the death of Aguiyi Ironsi and the resultant pogroms which necessitated a safe area Igbos could survive on their own from being annihilated with well orchestrated genocide. That safe area wss the Eastern Region rechristened Biafra. The rest of the politics surrounding the civil war itself and withdrawal of. Southern minorities was more of where one's interest would be served most.

I am not a supporter of secession and will never be but the truth must always prevail.

Aguiyi Ironsi never proposed the unitary system as his own personal idea but it was conceived then as a way of uniting the country in order to prevent the brewing ethnic crisis.

The same people that he agreed with to implement it rather used it as a means of fulfilling their wish of vengeance against Igbos.

I like the way you set out to put forward your point.

Bro I don't know much about the name biafra except it's a portuguese word 'bight of biafra' now called bight of bonny.

Now this are the facts igbos and hausa's lived peacefully (infact till today many igbos in the north call themselves northerners and speak hausa fluently)

Now the kaduna coup was very noble, have you read obj's book about him(kaduna)? He attached letters and manuscripts from ifejaunas journal.

The error was in the betrayal of the igbo officers stationed in the east and mid-west who failed to carry out their own tasks...IRONSI(in the east) & OJUKWU(in kano) were marked for death

NOW Ironsi was persuaded to take over power...thus he was the figurehead and leader of the group (including fajuyi, njoku, banjo,ojukwu) who shared nigeria!

Now let us NOT FORGET that ojukwu got administrator of the eastern region as reward for his role in the coup

The unitary decree was to CONSOLIDATE THEIR POWER, not to appease the NORTH WHO WERE VEHEMENTLY AGAINST IT...

Now this is why the pogroms happened...balewa and bello were irreplaceable! They were the north in human form and thus the hate on igbos.

Creation of biafra was not necessary (the igbos could return to east...then go back after the heat was resolved) after all did igbos not
Return to the north in great numbers a short time after the war ended? Ojukwu being the opportunist he was rode on that wave of fear (due to the pogroms) to create biafra...IT IS ON RECORD THAT EVEN KADUNA DISLIKED HIM & WAS A VERY PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN BUT HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO FIGHT FOR BIAFRA (since ojukwu had pulled them into a war).

Another interesting thing about the war is the attempt by 4 top ranked soldiers to Negotiate with nigeria which led to their execution for treason.

Ironsi was naiive and paid the ultimate price for his naivety but the coup(by kaduna/ifejuna n co) which was thwarted & taken over by Ironsi, ojukwu n co. Was and will always be an IGBO affair and that unitary system it introduced is what the north is enjoying now. How ironic?
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by Ojiofor: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
That's an act of Zombism by Ngige.
Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by AbroadBabe(f): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2016
GenbIoodykiller:

tinka tigbuo nna i ebea

i now see why chino hates you with passion.

otu nne i
pls wen voting today pls add falconey ...
The link on my signature

1 Like

Re: Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism by wawaboy1(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Dbeze:
my dear, it's simply because we are nt cowards pushovers like the rest of you. Waawaa

DONT MAKE FUN OF YOURSELF: LEARN B4 LEAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party / Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election / Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.