Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education (47428 Views)

Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React / FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by greggng: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Barackmeringo:

I do brother.

You already have your hnd cert, so you don't qualify for it.

Only for new hnd graduands sir

I think you re not an authority on this matter. Let me do the needful I am going to court to test what you ve said. Thank God my new girl friend is a sound lawyer. That's a brono bono case for me
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by KiNiBiGd: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
kings09:
R u scared of the HND grads? Beta buckle up cos HND engineering guys r used to practicals alredy while the university is all about theory n paper drawings. The psychological superiority u enjoyed has bn removed so beta ginger/upgrade urslf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Ajewealth123(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Harvard13:
this is trash.
restructure the system before equating them!! how u wan rank HND with B.Eng??;maka why??
oga forget that English wey u dey speak.am a product of both and I can tell u serious poly students are fucking good.if not even better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Barackmeringo: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
greggng:

I think you re not an authority on this matter. Let me do the needful I am going to court to test what you ve said. Thank God my new girl friend is a sound lawyer. That's a brono bono case for me

That's better.

And please, kindly let me know what you have, so I don't stay ignorant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Tjpromise(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
neweraomo:
very bad pidgin,I bet your standard English's gonna be so worst and yet you think you are a bsc holder. .You and bad English are like
and he's against d new change
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Tjpromise(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Handsomecole:
This is ordinary paper work. Just to give polytechnic graduates hope. It's a cemented psychology Poly products can never be equal with that of University products.
please do preview ur comments before posting, uni first class graduate
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by BISIXCLUSIVE: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
fxbot:
lol. this one is very different o.
Ok, we shall see.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Olasco93: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
I shake thee by force, my Honourable Minister.

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Abimloaded:
This removal of a thing is just an agreement And removal on Paper.
Go out there with your HND Certificate and let those who graduated in a university present their B.Sc Certificate then you'll know those firms, Companies haven't removed the whatever they call it 'cos they'll mostly prefer the B.Sc to the HND.

You may call the Adamu Adamu to come to your Aid if such happens to you! grin grin

For this post, you will not go to heaven, I will consider you for purgatory.

You burst a heavy laughter out of me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Tjpromise(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Don't really kn y some uni gradutes r not happy abt d new development, both institutions take d exact number of years to b completed n have almost same educational curriculum, so if u guys r so sure they r no competition then I guess u have nothing to worry abt.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Nonidudu: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
Bsc/ Hnd what's my own show all working is better than ordinary paper.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Dante2008(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
kings09:
R u scared of the HND grads? Beta buckle up cos HND engineering guys r used to practicals alredy while the university is all about theory n paper drawings. The psychological superiority u enjoyed has bn removed so beta ginger/upgrade urslf
u funny oooo because he never take place is said is putting it on hold pending is consultation with the stake holders.....GBAM.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
AbuSaad39:
I tell you. I'm a Graduate of OND in Chemical Engineering, I'm currently doing my 1year IT in NNPC, to be frankly a 400L student can't differentiat between a Pump and a Compressor and doesn't know their applications in the industry, buh I tried by all means in putting the student through.
It doesn't mean that all 400 level Chemical Engineering students cannot differentiate between pumps and compressors. I hope u wud b able to stand "the serious ones".
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by sesaan(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Let the truth b told... why don't they have medicine and law in polytechnic Bsc can't b compared to HND... check out the curriculum and u will notice all the poly guys in physics know of was electronics no material science, quantum mechanics .. ... Bsc pass HND joor... even mode of entry is not the same
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by goingape1: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
naijaboiy:
In my opinion, this is a good move. We should stop the degradation of HND graduates.

NAIRALANDERS PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE.

Voting Has Commenced!

if you use your HND to apply to any university, those EEDIOT will give you 200lvl while some will give you 100lvl. undecided

good MOVE!

1 Like

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Aframs(m): 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
[All agricbusiness company do prefer HND holder especially from college of agric because they are well equiped with practical......
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by corpROYAL(m): 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
If they cannot equate HND with Bsc then it should be scrap totally and let see the result. I engineering polytechnic graduate are far ahead of the so call bsc in the area of practical. I have seen a place where HND even common ND build grinding machine, inverter, change over, a stabilizer etc. How many are the colleague in university built they only thing they can do is to brag and intimidate others, let embrace change we need result not paper. Go to china and india and learn what make their country great, common technical student over there are the one constructing chargeable torch light, power bank, electronics, phones etc, what is our university come up with than downgrading other, with their lord lugard approach. what make them to better than us. In the field of engineering Accounting polytechnic graduate perform better according to the research. Overall performance in ICAN are polytechnic product.

In government establishment some HND earn decent salary while in some other govt establishment you will see Bsc earning 120k per month while HND are earning 75k and they did NYSC together and got appointment atbthe sametime, this is veey unfortunate. Are HND holders are not human being like Bsc or they are not good academically ? Let thing of it. If there is anything limiting them govt should just put it in place and end this dichotomy.

2 Likes

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mtcheeww
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by sound60(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Harvard13:
this is trash.
restructure the system before equating them!! how u wan rank HND with B.Eng??;maka why??
,,, maybe you should go kill you self,,... This is d world we live in accept it,,,
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Tommfrench(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
they can never be the same.....PERIOD!!
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by greatgolis90: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Misplaced priority; any government wif no clear, concise & achievable policies or keeps its visions n missions in vagueness only intends to delude n enslave its citizenry hence making it hypocritical. Mr minister, Nigeria's educational system needs fundamental restructuring starting from d primary school level, not compounding an already complex issue which would lead to an unnecessary argument dat eventually, no logical conclusion would b attained yet another controversial issue b introduced by d inept govt.#nigerians#enlightened
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by michealade(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
I have lecturers from polytechnics as classmates in the universities and they are still struggling with their own grades gan..why would any sane person compare bsc with HND.This is rubbish
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by musicwriter(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pro. Ifeoma Nwoye of the Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) university, Lapai, Niger state also endorsed government. She argued that polythecnic education system failed woefully in achieving its objective of raising skilled technical manpower. ''Even the Britain where we copied the polythecnic education system from has abolished and now run a single university system.

Guys!. The above is the closest to reality of the problem with education, not only in Nigeria but the entire African continent.

The problem is the system of education in Africa is fake!. Even the university model has failed as well- which is why they tell Nigerian graduates to repeat classes abroad.

The current model of education that puts English language as a prerequisite for knowledge acquisition is a British scam installed over 100 years ago!. Its like driving a car with the engine of another car!. You cannot drive a Toyota car with Wolkswagen and expect it to work fine. If you try it there'll always be fault throughout the life of such car. This is the same faults we've noticed in education in Nigeria in the 80's when we changed from 5-5-4 education system, and later to 6-6-4 and yet to 6-3-3-4.

All these reshuffling of classes isn't the answer!. Bridging HND- B.sc isn't the answer. It only amounts to treating symptoms!!. The fundamental problem is the education was copied and therefore is a fake!!. I explained this in details throughout the link on my signature.

Until we uproot the current brainwashing model of education inherited from Britain and install our own model of education where we learn, name, and use our own languages for knowledge acquisition for so long shall we continue to shurn out fake students and graduates from our institutions of learning.

We're not the only country colonized by Britain. Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand, were also colonized by Britain and they had similar crises in education in the late 70's. Malaysia also thought it was a problem of reshuffling class structure and they made so many changes similar to our 6-3-3-4 and all that, but they observed a continuous decline in quality of students and graduates. They tried so many things without success, UNTIL, they banned English as a language of knowledge acquisition in public schools and started using their native Malay language instead. That was when they solved the problem!. Of course, those who wants to study English can still do so ''as a subject in school'', not as a language of instruction or way of life. Only private schools mostly for expatriates study in English.

If you still don't understand how the education is fake, let me make it simple by putting it in context.

If you studied Chemistry in school, it's white man's point of view about Chemistry.

If you studied Biology, it's white man's thoughts about Biology.

If you studied Economics, it's white man's knowledge of Economics.

If you studied Geography, it's white man's model of Geography. e.t.c, e.t.c. So, no matter what you studied in school as an African, it's always white man's point of view about that branch of knowledge.

The intellectual superiority white people exert over us is so big that a white man boasted to me recently saying
" Everything around you. Your career, weather engineering, Social Sciences, Arts, Medicine, Your Car, House, Clothes, phone. Everything, I mean everything is a product of white man's Ingenuity".

Your most intelligent black professor is a product of white man's education. All the theories and Formulas he will encounter as a student were all developed by a white man. So please, what can you do without us?.

He had the audacity to say such to me because he understands the foolery they fed us as education during colonialism.

Are we so intellectually lazy that we can't solve a problem other countries had solved 30 years ago?.

2 Likes

Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by teawhy2788(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hummm! I met a graduate of English Language who graduated from one of the reputable universities in Nigeria, yesterday,and he told me 'I was opportuned to see your friend yesterday' I told him that it is ungrammatical to say 'I was opportuned' that d word 'opportune' is an adjective NOT verb. I said d correct sentence is 'I had opportunity to see your friend yesterday' Till now,d guy still disagree with me. Imagine,English Language university graduate! So,what are u nw saying? Kudos to Buhari/Adamu. Proud to be a poly graduate!
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by naijaboiy: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
goingape1:
if you use your HND to apply to any university, those EEDIOT will give you 200lvl while some will give you 100lvl. undecided

good MOVE!
Don't mind those people.

please have you voted today? smiley
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Nusaf: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ekeeyhandsome:
I just hope all these bigotry firms seeking for only bsc holders as staffs will adhere to this new change
That's exactly where the problem lies. The private sector is the largest employer of labour and I bet u that majority of them prefer bsc. They sometimes employ hnd holders to reduce running cost (reduced salary). But now that both bsc and hnd are on the same pedestal, I don't think it is going to be that rossy for the latter.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by Gbemiie: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
lol
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by debco(m): 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
This development is highly welcome. I see no reason why H.N.D and BSc can't be rated the same. Enough practical is done in the polytechnic than university which you only get theory and paper drawings. What is the use of studying a course you can't practicalize? So I support the motion even though am B.tech holder
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Abimloaded:
This removal of a thing is just an agreement And removal on Paper.
Go out there with your HND Certificate and let those who graduated in a university present their B.Sc Certificate then you'll know those firms, Companies haven't removed the whatever they call it 'cos they'll mostly prefer the B.Sc to the HND.

You may call the Adamu Adamu to come to your Aid if such happens to you! grin grin
Some times l wonder why people will just come in and start making décisions so absurbdly.
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Babysho:

Are you a BSC holder?
Are you an HND holder?
Re: BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
veekid:
I'm happy to hear this confirmed
And l am sure you will be more happier when he creats employment oppournities for you.... Is that how you confirm things ? Even Obj could not do it....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate / See How My Students Wrote Exams This Morning / See What They Did To This Guy After His Final Year Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.