Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,627 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (195994 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by TheSociopath(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2016
I'm sorry I couldn't wish you a happy birthday. I was really busy at work so I was regular on Nairaland but thank God the rigours are less now. What an epic ending to the story! You really are a brilliant girl!

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:42am On Aug 22, 2016
slyIsaac:
The Party ended without me!embarassed skarlet didnt tell me... effun anugod.... sad... bibijay123 you are one of a kind ma'am.... Nairaland is lucky to have you..... although i still secretly wish jeff got impaled and castrated... grin...

seriously now tho... You da best.... hit us more with your brain....

Awww sorry boo. Thank you, more to come and thanks for always reading kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:43am On Aug 22, 2016
TheSociopath:
I'm sorry I couldn't wish you a happy birthday. I was really busy at work so I was regular on Nairaland but thank God the rigours are less now. What an epic ending to the story! You really are a brilliant girl!

No problem dear. Thank you, how are you?
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by TheSociopath(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2016
bibijay123:

No problem dear. Thank you, how are you?
I can't complain. Thanks be to God. How are you too, Jasmine?
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2016
TheSociopath:

I can't complain. Thanks be to God. How are you too, Jasmine?

How did ya know abt the ' Jasmine' BT am cool grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
bibijay123:

Plagiarism

Lol, somebody already quoted the end, youre going to have to tell her to modify
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by TheSociopath(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2016
bibijay123:

How did ya know abt the ' Jasmine' BT am cool grin
Ehm...I guessed
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by 9t9jacobs: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2016
Great work from a great mind! More power to your elbow BIBI.. you are the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by rosalieene(f): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2016
wonderful story! am glad I read it to the END. Bibijay123 you are such a good writer keep it up
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by treasuredkids(f): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bibi you are just too much. U kept me glued and looking forward for more till I got to the end. You've got great writing skills I must add and u really made my day. God bless and increase ur intellect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
treasuredkids:
Bibi you are just too much. U kept me glued and looking forward for more till I got to the end. You've got great writing skills I must add and u really made my day. God bless and increase ur intellect.

Awww thank u sweetie grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by pgodson7(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
One word for this piece #EPIC

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by room089: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
bibijay123:

Like, share and comment.

PS. Please don't quote the whole write up, leave a comment and i will do my best to reply. Thanks.

You laid bare the true picture of a prostitution regime and its consequences.
It' a real food for thought for the discerning minds.
Your story was great!

Permit me to make some criticisms here as I promised:

1. Though someone has already pointed it out: No sane person would reconnect with a lady he abused, raped, lied against and conspired with his family and send her away in the middle of the night about 10 years ago and still go to bed with her that same day. The guilt of the blast of the past won't allow him do that.

2. Mr. Williams accepted Ebere to work as a nanny even on the first day he met with her. I doubt if there is anyone that would accept a lady that came with a car as a nanny in Nigeria.
Remember Ebere and Ify have set up a flourishing restaurant business which would suggest that even if the car was a fairly-used one, it isn't that old and rickety to have deceived or confused Mr Williams.
Prostitutes tend to be too conscious of their dressings and their vehicles. They tend to be up to date in the fashion world and in the maintenance of their vehicles. They are their selling points.
Ebere wasn't an average prostitute. She's of the high class cadre. She boarded flights, slept with a governor and senators. This fashion consciousness doesn't leave them even after they retire. Even if Ebere had decided to disguise herself as a low lifer, by wearing substandard dresses or rags to Mr Williams'. Mr Williams should have smelt a rat seeing her choice of apartment and its furnishings when he visited her for the very first time unannounced.

3. How come Ebere barely concluded her interview with Mr Williams and she was asked to stay with the children. She even prepared a meal for them. I don't think that Mr Williams with all his exposures should have allowed or tolerated such. Though her only restriction was that she would stay with the children till he comes back.

4. How come Mr Williams never divulged or we were never told why that little girl was called Monkey?

5.Someone pointed this out too: How come in all the stories, Ebere lived in Isolation of her family? Even if she hated her parents, did she totally forget her siblings too? Does it mean she can't locate them? Did the family also forget her as well? Couldn't they have located through Madam B that brought her to lagos?

6. You made us understand that Ify's parents were divorced, how come both of them came together to see Ify that early morning after about 10 years they separated with her?

7. When Ify went to see Lola, why did Lola become so hostile to her when she doesn't know her from Adam? You gave the impression that Lola had met or known Ify when in essence they don't know each other. Even if Ebere had told her about about Ify more than 10 years ago, it wasn't enough reason to vent her anger and hostility on Ify just because she said 'my name is Ify'. There are many Ify's in the world you know.

A wonderful writing skills you have my dear. Your style, tone, setting and dictions laced with beautiful suspense and intrigue are simply captivating.

From the inner santum of the magnificent Room 089, I say keep it up!

5 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Jumizie13(f): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
toboski1:

swthrt no take am personal na Oya how are you?

I'm fine.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
room089:

You laid bare the true picture of a prostitution regime and its consequences.
It' a real food for thought for the discerning minds.
Your story was great!

Permit me to make some criticisms here as I promised:

1. Though someone has already pointed it out: No sane person would reconnect with a lady he abused, raped, lied against and conspired with his family and send her away in the middle of the night about 10 years ago and still go to bed with her that same day. The guilt of the blast of the past won't allow him do that.

2. Mr. Williams accepted Ebere to work as a nanny even on the first day he met with her. I doubt if there is anyone that would accept a lady that came with a car as a nanny in Nigeria.
Remember Ebere and Ify have set up a flourishing restaurant business which would suggest that even if the car was a fairly-used one, it isn't that old and rickety to have deceived or confused Mr Williams.
Prostitutes tend to be too conscious of their dressings and their vehicles. They tend to be up to date in the fashion world and in the maintenance of their vehicles. They are their selling points.
Ebere wasn't an average prostitute. She's of the high class cadre. She boarded flights, slept with a governor and senators. This fashion consciousness doesn't leave them even after they retire. Even if Ebere had decided to disguise herself as a low lifer, by wearing substandard dresses or rags to Mr Williams'. Mr Williams should have smelt a rat seeing her choice of apartment and its furnishings when he visited her for the very first time unannounced.

3. How come Ebere barely concluded her interview with Mr Williams and she was asked to stay with the children. She even prepared a meal for them. I don't think that Mr Williams with all his exposures should have allowed or tolerated such. Though her only restriction was that she would stay with the children till he comes back.

4. How come Mr Williams never divulged or we were never told why that little girl was called Monkey?

5.Someone pointed this out too: How come in all the stories, Ebere lived in Isolation of her family? Even if she hated her parents, did she totally forget her siblings too? Does it mean she can't locate them? Did the family also forget her as well? Couldn't they have located through Madam B that brought her to lagos?

6. You made us understand that Ify's parents were divorced, how come both of them came together to see Ify that early morning after about 10 years they separated with her?

7. When Ify went to see Lola, why did Lola become so hostile to her when she doesn't know her from Adam? You gave the impression that Lola had met or known Ify when in essence they don't know each other. Even if Ebere had told her about about Ify more than 10 years ago, it wasn't enough reason to vent her anger and hostility on Ify just because she said 'my name is Ify'. There are many Ify's in the world you know.

A wonderful writing skills you have my dear. Your style, tone, setting and dictions laced with beautiful suspense and intrigue are simply captivating.

From the inner santum of the magnificent Room 089, I say keep it up!

I love this. It shows u really followed.

1 Do rapist have conscious? maybe some do feel guilty but not all. Why do ppl go to prison and go right back to crime when they are freed? maybe becos to them its a normal thing. Jeff wasn't remorseful and he didn't even feel guilt if not he would ve been suspicious of Ify.

2 Ayo was in desperate need of a nanny, remember he got her details n refused to let her out of the house. In my country u can have a jet and still be a gateman bt i don't know abt Nigerians, maybe i want to believe they don't think anything of it too. That's the way it ought to be besides Ayo doesn't have a typical Nigerian reasoning. In foreign movies i see nannies with cars.

Ebere stopped prostitution long before she even met Ayo so her lifestyle wasn't as glamorous as before. How abt the money she made from prostitution? those money just like money gotten from fraud does not last.

3 Ify' s dad moved out at first n her mom too left Town . Remeber? for them to ve been divorced they would have seen each other either in court or somehow and they did have one thing in common which was Ify, apart from that they were anxiously looking for her so there's no way they won't have each other' s contact. Ify called her dad and he in turn called the mother. and they showed up.

4. Ebere never forgot her parents or where they are. I left this to the reader's imagination, they weren't good parents bt if u feel she went to see them later then she did, n if u don't think so then she didn't . I don't believe in ' it should end well for every character' u get?

5. When Ify saw Lola, she introduced herself. and i wrote recognition registered on her face, which means Lola knew her. Remember when Ebere met Lola and she told her abt her life, her problem? why won't she also talk abt her friend Ify? and Lola also said i see why Ebere likes you, which means she knew Ify even if she hadn't met her before. There are many Ify's in the world, true bt Lola had a skeleton in her cupboard so she knew which of the Ify's in the world would walk into her home without an invitation. That hostility she showed was to mask her fear.

6. Why is Constance called Monkey? Yea u got me here! My bad! I thought i mentioned it, i will edit and add it. Constance loved clinging to people ' s leg when she was a toddler and as she grew older she took to climbing down the banister. Thus she was nicknamed Monkey by her father. One kiss for this kiss

Did I miss anyone out?

Thank you kiss are u the guy i asked for a review? grin

7 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2016
girl... you are too good.... this is just too amazing.... keep it up.. this is one of the best stories i've read on Nairalandsmiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by room089: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you kiss are u the guy i asked for a review? grin

No my dear you didn't. I was the one that promised while the story was ongoing. I never wanted to do it in bits that's why I waited till the end. But it was so unfortunate that I couldn't do this immediately the story ended because I was busy with work.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2016
room089:

No my dear you didn't. I was the one that promised while the story was ongoing. I never wanted to do it in bits that's why I waited till the end. But it was so unfortunate that I couldn't do this immediately the story ended because I was busy with work.

Awww thank you. Any more questions?
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Samwell247:
girl... you are too good.... this is just too amazing.... keep it up.. this is one of the best stories i've read on Nairalandsmiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thank you grin
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Jay542(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
People have very touching and miraculous stories. A very wonderful one bibi. More graces smiley
But I still believe prostitution shouldn't be an option. I believe sufferings nd bad stuffs happening is a test and cos this ones have happy endings doesn't happen for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jay542:
People have very touching and miraculous stories. A very wonderful one bibi. More graces smiley

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Jay542(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you sir.
God Bless You.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by oolawale(m): 3:17am On Aug 26, 2016
God bless U in Jesus Name... Amen

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Ekwulm: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Great story Bibi. An equally great writer in the making. Keep it up .
Expecting mote blockbusters from you Bibi. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by EkoroPrince(m): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
[i][/i]you are wonderful. I really enjoyed this wonderful work. To be sincere, i was touched. In life we all have our stories to tell. BIBI you are wonderful, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by glowshine(f): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
God bless you Bibi. Your mind is beautiful. thank you for thus Story. For giving strength to those who are weak and tired of fighting and for giving hope. God bless you so much

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by glowshine(f): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
God bless you Bibi. Your mind is beautiful. thank you for this Story. For giving strength to those who are weak and tired of fighting and for giving hope. God bless you so much

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by gabazin080(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you sir.
bibi wen will u take me to togo to pay your bride price and have our wedding cos have fallen in love with you and your stories.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:05am On Aug 28, 2016
gabazin080:
bibi wen will u take me to togo to pay your bride price and have our wedding cos have fallen in love with you and your stories.

Lol wait make i ask my mama how much the bride price be.

Wait.

she say 3 million naira o grin

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by remiseyi(m): 7:51am On Aug 28, 2016
bibijay123:

Wait.

You already scaring the potential suitors with the price... Well your brain is a priceless asset though... And that's good for the business.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by charityfelix(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2016
nice story
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by gabazin080(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
bibijay123:

Wait.

say wetin happen. u mean 3m togo CFA FRANC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.