Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:36 AM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (195392 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Lawal2015(m): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Exams Saturday and have been reading your work all day,its 22:56 hrs by my time here,you have added to my wealth of knowledge and believe me you I hope and pray that God give you the zeal and energy to prosper in your chosen endeavour! Hope to meet you in person someday.Thank you Lawal S.O
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2016
Lawal2015:
Exams Saturday and have been reading your work all day,its 22:56 hrs by my time here,you have added to my wealth of knowledge and believe me you I hope and pray that God give you the zeal and energy to prosper in your chosen endeavour! Hope to meet you in person someday.Thank you Lawal S.O

Success in your exams dear. Pls go n study, Amen, Amen, amen. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by RUKKYPRINCESS: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bibijay this a blockbuster , u are a talented and prolific writer. Looking forward to reading more stories from you

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by ceejayxy(m): 12:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Just finished reading...its an amazing story with a unique presentation style,and life changing themes..written by a talented storyteller..bibi continue this way n sm day u may just displace ngozi chimamanda adichie 4rm my heart...d same way she displaced chinua achebe n buchi emecheta..tanx 4 dis story.....p.s.am pon the lazy girl thread...loving it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Luckymay(f): 7:27am On Sep 22, 2016
Cool story. More creativity to your brain @bibij123

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
Luckymay:
Cool story. More creativity to your brain @bibij123

Amen cheesy Thank u so much!

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Twizzy30(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
100%
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
Twizzy30:
Bibi give us update plss
lol bro dis story yaff end o

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Twizzy30(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
bibijay123:

lol bro dis story yaff end o
I thought I entered your other story thread. Oya give us update for dat side na
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Akposb(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Good evening Bibijay, love the story and the ending is quite beautiful.
First of all I respect your vision and can't help but say you are good. You can only get better.
The structure of your story is just like the rest of your other lengthy stories but I feel this kind of restricted the plot. Yes, you said it is a true life story but I believe or guess that not all facts are represented here hence you could have done some slight modification to blend in some form of 'fantasy'. Maybe you shouldn't have given the character voices, rather you should have related their story impersonally.

Also, your use of language is good but you tend to use Am a lot instead of I am. Also you used too many informal words to relate the sexual organs which is kind of derogatory, such innuendos could be best in the conversations of the prostitutes and not in your narrative Just do your best to do a proper review as it seems you hurried over the narrative in some parts.
No need to repeat what others have said but just be willing to do more readings to improve your craft.

Lastly, keep up that humble and cheerful spirit as it can only make you better. Prostitution is a vice that shouldn't be encouraged and I just hope things could better that we won't have these characters around.
Also, I hope you check out my story https://www.nairaland.com/3331639/little-secret-short-romance-story.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2016
Akposb:
Good evening Bibijay, love the story and the ending is quite beautiful.
First of all I respect your vision and can't help but say you are good. You can only get better.
The structure of your story is just like the rest of your other lengthy stories but I feel this kind of restricted the plot. Yes, you said it is a true life story but I believe or guess that not all facts are represented here hence you could have done some slight modification to blend in some form of 'fantasy'. Maybe you shouldn't have given the character voices, rather you should have related their story impersonally.

Also, your use of language is good but you tend to use Am a lot instead of I am. Also you used too many informal words to relate the sexual organs which is kind of derogatory, such innuendos could be best in the conversations of the prostitutes and not in your narrative Just do your best to do a proper review as it seems you hurried over the narrative in some parts.
No need to repeat what others have said but just be willing to do more readings to improve your craft.

Lastly, keep up that humble and cheerful spirit as it can only make you better. Prostitution is a vice that shouldn't be encouraged and I just hope things could better that we won't have these characters around.
Also, I hope you check out my story https://www.nairaland.com/3331639/little-secret-short-romance-story.

Good morning, thank you i really appreciate this and i will check out your story. Thank u once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by mofy1(f): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Bibijay123 this story will serve as inspiration to every reader. As in u sent a deep message across. Please accept my hug. Ni nu gbogbo writer oga ni e joor. But pls u didn't indicate if baby ify came out positive. God bless ur hand.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by laidthrice(m): 4:57am On Sep 25, 2016
@bibijay123 Nice write up, you got me up all night reading your work, keep up the good work Sis. I think am gonna write one soon. Thumbs up once again

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:55am On Sep 25, 2016
mofy1:
Bibijay123 this story will serve as inspiration to every reader. As in u sent a deep message across. Please accept my hug. Ni nu gbogbo writer oga ni e joor. But pls u didn't indicate if baby ify came out positive. God bless ur hand.

The baby was delivered tru a c_section so he wasn't positive. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Donemmy(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2016
bibijay123:

Based on a life story.
Oh my God.........
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bobbydreofficial(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2016
Nice story bibi, I enjoyed every bit of it.
And maybe we can work together oneday

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
bobbydreofficial:
Nice story bibi, I enjoyed every bit of it.
And maybe we can work together oneday

Thank you. I look forward to that* cheers*

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by wonderfulchild: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Waooh !Dis is really worth my time. Thanks for ds wonderful write up. pls, I noted one word you always mis spell, which is cheque. You always write 'check ',instead of 'cheque '. thanks for your understanding
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
wonderfulchild:
Waooh !Dis is really worth my time. Thanks for ds wonderful write up. pls, I noted one word you always mis spell, which is cheque. You always write 'check ',instead of 'cheque '. thanks for your understanding

Thank you, i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Amnik: 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
a work well done
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by sotozo(m): 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123, you wouldn't believe I just completed all your stories. Been reading bit by bit when I am chanced. I dey go Togo.... I won go pay your bride price in advance abeg. You are Pulchritudinous Bae.

Unto the new one.... Na we get am.

Strolls out with my Kuli Kuli and chilled kunu
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
sotozo:
you wouldn't believe I just completed all your stories. Unto the new one.... Na we get am.

Strolls out with my Kuli Kuli and chilled kunu

lol sha no finish the kunu ooo

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by sotozo(m): 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
bibijay123:

lol sha no finish the kunu ooo

enough kunu dey for my lovely Bibi. Mbok, let me be your Adam

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by nma4god(f): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
yet another mind blowing story...girl where do u get all these delicious things from??....I'm so impressed ...reading is my best hobby and u are delivering it hot to me...u aren't disappointing, kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Whyykayy(m): 9:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Im always a Ghost reader on Nairaland. Bt d Emotion in dis write up cracked me up. Ure just too good baby.
Fire on. More grace.. And do u hav any oda story i can read here.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Whyykayy:
Im always a Ghost reader on Nairaland. Bt d Emotion in dis write up cracked me up. Ure just too good baby.
Fire on. More grace.. And do u hav any oda story i can read here.?

Thank you love, check out devil has the money, When tears brings yes, Twine, Almost perfect and Blue( on okada books, pls do leave a review on there"

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2016
nma4god:
yet another mind blowing story...girl where do u get all these delicious things from??....I'm so impressed ...reading is my best hobby and u are delivering it hot to me...u aren't disappointing, kudos

Thank you dearie kiss

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Sagacity07: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
I'm not too familiar with nairaland but I must say I was surprised to see this much views for your story, seeing again that the thread is recent....gifts does make room kudos...I'm new in writing having forgone my gift for a very long time and I intend reviving it, so I wrote a 300 word fiction and it happened to be shortlisted for the voting process. Pls do go through it https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2467 and kindly vote, if impressed, do share and I would honestly love your candid opinion about it. Thanks. You are doing a good J.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
Sagacity07:
I'm not too familiar with nairaland but I must say I was surprised to see this much views for your story, seeing again that the thread is recent....gifts does make room kudos...I'm new in writing having forgone my gift for a very long time and I intend reviving it, so I wrote a 300 word fiction and it happened to be shortlisted for the voting process. Pls do go through it https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2467 and kindly vote, if impressed, do share and I would honestly love your candid opinion about it. Thanks. You are doing a good J.

Thank you. How do i vote for you? I clicked on d link but didn't see the vote button.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Sagacity07: 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
The like is the vote button as you can only vote via Facebook. Thank you very much. Do let me know when you get it done. Thanks https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2467
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
Sagacity07:
The like is the vote button as you can only vote via Facebook. Thank you very much. Do let me know when you get it done. Thanks https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2467

I don't know wats wrong o but I will keep trying. I tried to share on Fb but it became blank n it has been showin network error.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Sagacity07: 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
Infact to say I am humbled by your kind gesture so far is to say the least. Thank you for bearing this "unpaid" stress. When you click the link https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2467 , you see my story. To vote, click the like button above it. It would ask for your Facebook I.d . After that, click the like button again, then the number of votes increase. Sorry for disturbing your wonderful thread with my "gbege". I need 200 votes b4 30th and I have long way to go though I know it is attainable. Thanks much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.