Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You (50040 Views)

Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 / "Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by kay29000(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Hmm! I never knew Niger state was the largest state in Nigeria. Thanks for this info.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by obaival(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Still waiting for my shock time
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Lifestone(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
How I which the country could make best use of their land mass
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by EagleScribes: 8:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Lagos state is smallest
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by nijanigga: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Lagos is small but mighty in Nigerian terms.
without Lagos Nigeria is a skeleton. " E ko o ni baje o"

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by xmanco42: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2016
h
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by seunny4lif(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2016
grin
I dey come grin
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by uckennety(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2016
Bolustic:
Now I know the REAL reason why Ojukwu forcefully made the SS secede with him in 1967. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2016
its not by landmass but by the level development in a state.
North with their landmass and agricultrual hype, why are their starving children in IDP?
Why are the North scared to be on their own with their landmass?
Anambra is FAR FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE than 95% of Northern State.
its not by landmass.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by melejo(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
dafuturis:
Why then are my Igbo brothers clamouring for more states when the whole of SE is not as big as the smallest state in the North.

Imagine Ebonyi +Imo+ Abia is not as big as my Delta sef.
What criteria do we use to create state? If it is by landmass as your comment suggest then sambisa forest would be preferred to Lagos as a state. I think you need some informal education

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
obaival:
Still waiting for my shock time

I know I would not be shocked by the information being passed because I already know long ago.

I appreciate the op time for bringing this info to those who were not once aware about it.
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by drss2(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2016
see d huge landmass in d north, yet they want to impose their evil grazing reserve bill on d south. Nonsence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by ajbabs(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Fulani herdmen are looking for grazing part in southern Nigeria with all the large land mass they have in the northern Nigeria. Is it fair?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Are you commenting on this post or another post?

Anambra is nxt to lagos in landmass. Minus the water part. the diffrence btw the two states is about 1,500 sqkm or 33%.

But take note too that erosion is eroding most of the eastern states, with anambra inclusive.

And the water area of Lagos was not included in the total land mass of Lagos?

My problem with people making analysis is their biases in making point to make some mouth watering statemant. Before you start casting stones, I am not From the eastern part of Nigeria, but I have to correct what you have written.

Sir, look clearly. I agree that Anambra as a state may suffer from water related problem, but have you given advice to the indigene of Ajah, to those who live in lekki and Badagry about the immediate danger of Flood and erosion.

You don't have to cast stones to make a point.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by PureWays(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
its not by landmass but by the level development in a state.
North with their landmass and agricultrual hype, why are their starving children in IDP?
Why are the North scared to be on their own with their landmass?
Anambra is FAR FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE than 95% of Northern State.
its not by landmass[/b].

@ The bolded: That's a big lie.

You mind pointing out evidences to back that up?

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by melejo(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=StOla post=48198111]

The ever insecure Igbo man whose destiny is determined by the Yorubas who ever remain responsible for his misfortune.
You even had to lie again when the fact you are even quoting shows otherwise?

Igbos and propaganda, a curse sealed in hell.

Save for Enugu that is interjected by 2 states, all the SE states queue in series behind Lagos as the smallest states in Nigeria. As a region, the SE is not up to many states in the country.

I really do not know why the federal government fractured the 2 original states of Anambra and Imo into 5 states. Infact, the single South Eastern state as outlined by Gowon, is all that should have been retained instead of these villages that have resulted from over-fracturing.

Oyo state that is position 14 by size, is about as big as the whole of the SE region, talkless of 13 other states in the country. [/quotso I wonder how you can waste all the time and space writing these dust. What is the important of landmass without development? Have you gone to the North. Niger State is the largest state in Nigeria granted. But surely from Bida to Minna to suleja to kotangora to new bussa etc I still prefer the small Anambra state and I know without tribal sentiment you too will do the same. Have you gone through the desert from plateau through Bauchi through gombe, Adamawa and borno. I will prefer the small landmass of pH rivers state than all off then combined. Have you asked yourself why the North with massive landmass will rather be consumed than to let go of the so called one Nigeria. The prosperous nations of the world are not known for their landmass if not united kingdom would have been worse than the northern Nigeria. I think you need some informal education.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by MasterofNL: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Just a hunch....... you're from the SE, smallest landlocked region in Nigeria. 50% erosion, 50% dust. Not economically viable. No seaport. Not agriculturally viable, else you wouldn't have lied about hawking ugwu. The most neglected region in the South. The region that offers nothing to Nigeria, but claims "SS/SE" oil - even though SE produces 3% oil, while SS produces more than 60% of Nigeria's oil. The only majority group that needs to attach itself to an oil-producing minority group before they can have a sense of relevance.

Just a hunch jare.

I'm proud to be from the SW, a region that controls more than 80% of Nigeria's non-oil producing revenue.

Nigeria fraudulently carved out our oil producing lands and added to SS in 1976.

See proof here.

Obigbo, Egbema were taken away from Imo state and added to Rivers just to keep Igbos down.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by emtol: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2016
Imagine the whole of South-East is smaller than Niger state and some people somewhere will calling for new state in their region cry marginalization where it does exist.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by arushiuga(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:

Just a hunch....... you're from the SE, smallest landlocked region in Nigeria. 50% erosion, 50% dust. Not economically viable. No seaport. Not agriculturally viable, else you wouldn't have lied about hawking ugwu. The most neglected region in the South. The region that offers nothing to Nigeria, but claims "SS/SE" oil - even though SE produces 3% oil, while SS produces more than 60% of Nigeria's oil. The only majority group that needs to attach itself to an oil-producing minority group before they can have a sense of relevance.

Just a hunch jare.

I'm proud to be from the SW, a region that controls more than 80% of Nigeria's non-oil producing revenue.
Hatred is killing you. Everywhere you go you see Igbos every time you dream you dream of Igbos. Igbos are running you mad. Igbo kwenu

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by arushiuga(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=melejo post=48204212][/quote]
Igbo syndrome is affecting you. Get some medication. Igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by VellyG(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2016
dafuturis:
Why then are my Igbo brothers clamouring for more states when the whole of SE is not as big as the smallest state in the North.

Imagine Ebonyi +Imo+ Abia is not as big as my Delta sef.
Of what use is the land mass if 70percent of it is yet to be developed after 55 years of independence . As they clamour for more states it creates room for more development within that geographical zone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by 7thCANON: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2016
These are the values in the National Population Census Report

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2016
FanYogo1:
m
It's embarrassing that SE, a region so small and requires less resources to develop, is second to the North in backwardness.
in what criteria is the SE second to northern Nigeria in backwardness, pls exclude Lagos and compare with States in ur region.Even after witnessing civil war d are still competing with other regions that have never heard d sound of bomb blast

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by SirDavico(m): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2016
Where's the shock, abeg? Any tom, dick, and harry, with a glance at the map of Nigeria, would know that Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria by land mass.
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by arushiuga(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=melejo post=48204212][/quote]
The igbo virus is having a strong effect on dogs from the soup tribe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by nnokwa042(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Chai SE blaming yorubas again for their small landmass.

SE is truly 5% in everything
They are minority

South south should adopt south east
Minority in everything

.NB
today is my birthday.
Please wish me good things.
landmass is nothing if cant utilize it,isreal is small like akwa ibom but they can distroy nigeria in 2 day if we go to war with them bisides 80 percent of northern land is just pure dessert nothing grows there .ok let north use thier dessert land for thier cows

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by dafuturis(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
melejo:
What criteria do we use to create state? If it is by landmass as your comment suggest then sambisa forest would be preferred to Lagos as a state. I think you need some informal education

Ok Mr Professor, state the criterias. Do you think its wise to have a state as small as Ikorodu in Imo or Ekiti that will join the cue of allocation seekers while not existing economically??.
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by Honourable001: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2016
FUTMINNA is 4times bigger than Lagos State. chai
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by ImtiazNupe(m): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2016
Niger state will occupy more than 5 states in south.
What Nigeria government is waiting for, for not divide this state in to 3 part?
Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by koladebrainiac(m): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2016
nnokwa042:
landmass is nothing if cant utilize it,isreal is small like akwa ibom but they can distroy nigeria in 2 day if we go to war with them bisides 80 percent of northern land is just pure dessert nothing grows there .ok let north use thier dessert land for thier cows
U still 5%.even in military n in wealth

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You by mattsvibes: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2016
Ogun State 16,762[size=25pt]Ogun State 16,762[/size]Ogun State 16,762

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akeredolu Loses At Supreme Court / Bianca Ojukwu's Response To Kemi Olunloyo' Interview / Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.