Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91577 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2017
AncientTimes:
Hello bros 12345, when does Amazon pays for Kenp read. I noticed that they paid me for sales in the month of January but not for my Kenp read. I think also they did not pay me for sales recorded in other markets

The KENP read is added to your main sales income and paid to you. For example, my direct US income for Jan was 1679, but I got paid 1897. I believe the added difference was the KENP read from the US for that month. Same applies for other markets
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
bros1234:

The KENP read is added to your main sales income and paid to you. For example, my direct US income for Jan was 1679, but I got paid 1897. I believe the added difference was the KENP read from the US for that month. Same applies for other markets

But I don't think I was paid for my Kenp read for the month of January. Because when I did my calculations, I noticed that It was the exact amount of money which I made that I was paid. May be I should contact support Centre or customer care.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
Secondly, bros 12345, for a book that has Kenp read of 1692, how much will l that amount to in payment? Thanks sir..
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
WHEN YOUR BOOK FINALLY STOPS SELLING.

HOW TO REVIVE A Dead BOOK ON AMAZON

As a kindle author, this is one of the things that you will come across. Sometimes, a book that has been selling and pulling income to your dashboard can stop selling. On other times, it will give you sufficient notice, reducing the amount of sales gradually until everything becomes lifeless. When that happens, what do you do?
I know many Gurus in the house will tell you move on with other books and publish more books. That is true. Why waste time working on the book when you can publish a new title and make money from it.

I agree with that perception. However, you can make changes to your keywords and revive the book.

I had one book which sold some few copies when I put it on kindle. The sells for the book later dried like a cistern beaten by severe draught. Any time I gaze at my dashboard, other books were like a miracle wand bring in sales. But for that particular book, it was gathering the dust of inactivity. On one weak day, I decided to work on the book . I did research for new keywords. I changed the keywords a little. After I did that, I sold two copies in two days. Then the book later picked up sales and sold 4 copies on createspace. I made over 20 plus USD on that title alone for paper back. That is small, but at at least, it added to my sales and I made more money from it. That book, I believe will pick up sales and soon, it will be selling 20-30 copies on creastpace.

So what do you do when your book that was selling stops selling, CHANGE YOUR KEYWORDS AND TITLE TO INCORPORATE THE NEW KEY WORDS.

ANCIENT TIMES PUBLICATION.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
AncientTimes:
Secondly, bros 12345, for a book that has Kenp read of 1692, how much will l that amount to in payment? Thanks sir..

3,000 pages read is about 15$. So do the math
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
bros1234:

3,000 pages read is about 15$. So do the math

Thank you so much, that means Amazon did not pay me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
AncientTimes:

Thank you so much, that means Amazon did not pay me.

That means Amazon never paid me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by obamartins(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2017
Amazon pays $0.0052 per page read. So 1692 would be $8.80. Minus 30 percent tax which is $2.64. So the total royalty accrued to you is $6.16. I hope u get the calculation.

AncientTimes:

That means Amazon never paid me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
obamartins:

Amazon pays $0.0052 per page read. So 1692 would be $8.80. Minus 30 percent tax which is $2.64. So the total royalty accrued to you is $6.16. I hope u get the calculation.

It seems that these people did not pay me for my Kenp read for the month of January.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by obamartins(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Go to "Report" click on "prior month royalties" down load the excel report for January and do ur calculations. If there is any discrepancy, click on the contact us button and lay ur complain, it would be rectified.

AncientTimes:

It seems that these people did not pay me for my Kenp read for the month of January.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
obamartins:
Go to "Report" click on "prior month royalties" down load the excel report for January and do ur calculations. If there is any discrepancy, click on the contact us button and lay ur complain, it would be rectified.

Thank you sir.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by INFOTECH2: 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2017

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2017
jadyclem:

bro I hail! pls when publishing ur book on kindle, how did u choose d categories? I asked because some of the categories I want to use on mine are not displaying but they are showing in other pple's published book
Before choosing a category for my book, the first thing I do is to look for similar books that have written on the topic and model the categories they choose.

When uploading your book on kindle, here's how to choose a good category for your book:

If your book is about blogging, just find a category that has the word blog in it.

I don't know if you got my point. I'm not too active on NL, it's very boring and the mods annoy me a lot which explains why I'm replying late to your question.

So, send me on whatsapp: 08039185233.

PS: My new kindle book which I shared sometime ago is now #3 in one of my chosen categories.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2017
I would love to share the exact strategies that I used to launch my kindle book which is now a best seller on Amazon.

This thread created by bros1234 has been really helpful and willing to give back.

Just want to know if people still follow this thread, so click the "LIKE" button if you're interested.

12 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2017
emmalexdboy:
I would love to share the exact strategies that I used to launch my kindle book which is now a best seller on Amazon.

This thread created by bros1234 has been really helpful and willing to give back.

Just want to know if people still follow this thread, so click the "LIKE" button if you're interested.

Bros, please share we are all willing to learn from you. People donot need to click on like before you share that valuable information. As it stands, there are many people out there who are willing to follow up buy may not click on like.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by All4good: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
INFOTECH2:
More details on keyword selection
https://kindlepreneur.com/how-to-choose-kindle-keywords/
Thanks for sharing this
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
The book i actually publish on amazon since March 3rd is not selling. Can someone please help me here? Still learning anyway...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
fantastical:
The book i actually publish on amazon since March 3rd is not selling. Can someone please help me here? Still learning anyway...

Not all of your books will sell. If they don't sell, you can do the following, either you write other books, or change the keywords of your book. Give me the link of your book let me see.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 8:19am On Apr 10, 2017
AncientTimes:

Link not working.
I'm surprised too, what could have been wrong?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
fantastical:

I'm surprised too, what could have been wrong?
Ok, try this then: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDVWCP7
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
fantastical:

Ok, try this then: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDVWCP7
There appears to be nothing wrong with your work. The cover is great. I recommend that you worke on your keywords. Else, keep writing more books because not all of your books will sell.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
AncientTimes:

There appears to be nothing wrong with your work. The cover is great. I recommend that you work on your keywords. Else, keep writing more books because not all of your books will sell.

Wow! I like that. I really appreciate your kind effort, you're indeed a mentor. I'll go by your advice. I don't mind if you can drop your number for me... Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
fantastical:

Wow! I like that. I really appreciate your kind effort, you're indeed a mentor. I'll go by your advice. I don't mind if you can drop your number for me... Thanks

Send me a pm with email on my profile. Then we can link up. God bless you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Reaching out to you from Anchor Exchange Solutions we buy your BitCoin, WebMoney, skrill and Perfect money at a reasonable amount currently we buy at 390/$1 and We sell at 400/$1 we also withdraw from paypal that has limit, withdrawal from upwork and fiverr account also available. Our service is fast secure and 100% legit Contact us today for maximum satisfaction

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by prahcetomi(m): 12:03am On Apr 12, 2017
craigkoel1989:
thanks to this thread. I ve made $40 in just 2 weeks from just 1 book. God bless this Op. To show my appreciation. I will send a free ebook on how to format and upload in kindle for anyone who ask. Just drop your email here and i will send it to you all without asking for a dime. Let us combat unemployment together doing what we love
prahcetomi@gmail.com
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by prahcetomi(m): 12:46am On Apr 12, 2017
Thank God I came across this thread..

Time to write some books..
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by fantastical(m): 2:44am On Apr 12, 2017
AncientTimes:

Send me a pm with email on my profile. Then we can link up. God bless you.

alright!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2017
emmalexdboy:

Great work bro.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Ewenla202: 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Attention, any graphics designer in the house that can handle createspace covers and amazon should signify please

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (42) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.