Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91496 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by INFOTECH2: 10:10am On Jun 05, 2017
Good day everyone

I would like these two book covers to be criticised by the house.

I started with the yellow one but I would like to change it to the light blue.

Sales have been slow with this book but I know things will improve.

Kindly let me know.

1 Share

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
INFOTECH2:
Good day everyone
I would like these two book covers to be criticised by the house.
I started with the yellow one but I would like to change it to the light blue.
Sales have been slow with this book but I know things will improve.
Kindly let me know.
You need to work on the title, it's way too long!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by INFOTECH2: 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
emmalexdboy:
You need to work on the title, it's way too long!
Kindly critique this design.

I appreciate

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by uncleshege(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
$5,000 Payoneer and/or Skrill needed @ #350/$ MAX!!!

Kindly note that I will buy volumes lesser than $500 lesser than #350.

Call or WhatsApp on Signature...
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Melody90: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
emmalexdboy:
bros1234, does payoneer cards still work on Nigerian ATMs? What's the exchange rate like?

If anyone has made a recent withdrawal, I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

The rate last weekend is N199.6 never ever use the atm to withdraw your funds.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Melody90: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
I can write and edit your 15,000 words book in 5 days for just 10k. You don't have to pay until the book has passed the duplicate content test.
PS: Am a great writer, I just need the naira for the moment. So you should expect a well researched quality content.
My phone number (08183955zero57). Whatsapp/call.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 3:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Melody90:
I can write and edit your 15,000 words book in 5 days for just 10k. You don't have to pay until the book has passed the duplicate content test.
PS: Am a great writer, I just need the naira for the moment. So you should expect a well researched quality content.
My phone number (08183955zero57). Whatsapp/call.

Hmmm, 15k words in just 5 days? I hope it won't be copy and paste?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by prahcetomi(m): 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
H,i haven't gotten my card yet.I dont intend using it though,I prefer selling the funds.So,do i still need to activate my card?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2017
Melody90:

The rate last weekend is N199.6 never ever use the atm to withdraw your funds.
Thank you for the heads up. Any honest exchangers recommendations you've used?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2017
THE BIG BOSS HIMSELF, BROS 12345,
SHARING SOME NUGGETS ABOUT KDP BUSINESS

SATURDAY TIPS FOR PUBLISHERS

A. Your eBook cover.

1. Your cover is everything. If the cover is gross and lacks a clear message, the readers’ eyes will scroll right over it, and your opportunity may be lost forever.

2. Think of it as a blog design: you go to a blog and have less than 10 seconds to attract the reader. After that 10 seconds and they still don’t know what you’re about — they’ll X out and be gone forever.

3. As your personal guide through this process, I highly recommend you hire a designer. 85% of the covers out there are garbage — this is an opportunity, it’s your time to shine.

B. Can I un-publish at any time?

1. Yes, you may withdraw your eBook at any time, but remember this: Once enrolled in KDP Select, that “exclusive” rule still applies for 90 days — so even if you un-publish, you will not be able to publish your eBook on any other platform.

C. Royalties

1. As the publisher, you determine the price. KDP offers two ROYALTY PLANS: 70% and 35%.

2. In order to receive 70% royalties for your eBook, you must meet the following criteria:

3. The price of your eBook must be between $2.99 and $9.99.

You can read more about it on the Pricing Page.

D. Do I need an ISBN number?

No.

An ISBN number is not required when publishing through Kindle Direct Publishing; what you will receive is a 10-digit AISN (Amazon Standard Identification Number), which is unique to your eBook and found on Kindle Amazon.

AMAZON also gives you free ISBN on CreateSpace.

If you have an ISBN number, you may enter it in the publishing process.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by mikkyword(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
bros1234:
EDITED:

I actively started publishing on Amazon Kindle in August, 2016 after taking an online course and following through with @MK82 thread. The original intention of this thread was for group learning, but I have now edited it to reflect what I have learned in the last months in this business and state various ways I could help anyone who wants to publish his books online.

The group learning still continues but just incase anyone wants my help as I have gotten several emails from NLders to help since this thread opened, I can now help out for small fee

MY INCOME EXPERIENCE

1. Month 1 - August - $110

2. Month 2 - Sept - $359

3. Month 3 - Oct - $478

4. Month 4 - Nov - $740

5. Month 5 - Dec - $880

6. Month 6 - Jan 2017 - $1,100

7. Month 7 - Feb 2017 - $1,800

Please note:

1. I calculate all earnings as dollars, even though I know that when the 51 pounds of Sep and 55 pounds of Oct are converted, it would be more. I just put everything as dollars, so that I don't exaggerate things.

2. I also include my CreateSpace income in the calculation.

MY LESSONS EXPERIENCE:

1. Publishing books online through Amazon Kindle and CreateSpace is a very viable means of earning income. It may not be a get rich quick business model but it surely does work. Consider that these books will keep earning income for life, even while I am no longer doing anything.

2. The more books you have, the better you can earn. So far, I have about 20 books. My one-year goal is to have 60-100 books on Amazon and shoot for $2,000 monthly from this model. Once achieved, it keeps earning even when you are no longer working. That'swhy this is a great way to work

3. This is a great way for anyone to earn income, especially for authors and those who have the motivation to create books on niches.

4. Any book can sell on Amazon. It will interest you to know that so far, I only have prayer books published because of my calling. I have now started publishing other niches like health and productivity, but believe me, any book can sell. So don't be stuck in trying to know the right profitable niches.

MY SERVICES - HOW I CAN HELP YOU

If you decide that you want to publish books or earn from Amazon Kindle and CreateSpace, here are services I can help you with.

1. BASIC PUBLISHING

This package includes ....
(a) I will create a kindle cover for you
(b)I will create a CreateSpace cover for you
(c) I will format your book to kindle and CreateSpace standard ( I will not proofread or edit typographic errors. I will only create The right TOC for you and put your book in the right readable format with proper headings)

COST: N8,500

2. ABOVE BASIC

This package includes ....

(a) I will create a kindle cover for you
(b) I will create a CreateSpace cover for you
(c) I will format your book to kindle and CreateSpace standard (I will not proofread or edit typographic errors. I will only create The right TOC for you and put your book in the right readable format with proper headings)
(d) I will create an email for you
(e) I will create a KDP and CreateSpace account for you
(f) I will publish the book for you
(g) I will then forward all details for you to change your details and continue from there

COST = N15,000

3. TRAINING PACKAGE

1. One -on-one training in my office at Ikeja or in my house at Ikotun (N25,000) or I come to your office or house (Call me for that)

4. BOOK TRAINING

I have not written a book yet on how to do go about this but I may write it anytime and then we can talk.

5. GHOST WRITING

If you have a great story...note that word...a great story ...I can ghost write for you. But please only contact me for this if you can pay more than my monthly earning on Amazon so far

GUARANTEE/CONTACT:

1. I will not interfere, steal, or copy your work which you send me to work on.

2. Cost above is for one book. If you have more books, multiply the quantity. I may give discount.

3. I do not determine your sales. The quality of your book content and the niche you have written determines it.

4. Other questions can be asked in this thread and I will help.

5. CONTACT: tvchost @ gmail.com / zero eight zero 37917zero17

APPRECIATION

I thank all those who have kept this thread going and mk82 for his thread and email support, and all of you who have published your books on Amazon and are learning and earning. God bless us all.

Thanks all

is there alternative for ordering for payoneer card with a valid id card? I have the national id card printout only.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2017
INFOTECH2:

Kindly critique this design.

I appreciate
Your cover doesn't look modern. Get a good design from fiverr.

If you're looking not to spend money, it'll hurt your sales in the long run.

Also, work on your title by looking similar books and see how they structure their title.

Your title is meant for blog posts and not for books.

Hope it helps, feel free to quote me if you have more questions.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Ewenla202: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2017
Please MK82, Bro1234, Ancient times, Obamartins and others in the house recommend a tested graphic designer for me; I have some ecovers for both amazon and createspace to do. I am not too comfortable with paying Indians where Nigerians available. Thanks
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 6:08am On Jun 13, 2017
Ewenla202:
Please MK82, Bro1234, Ancient times, Obamartins and others in the house recommend a tested graphic designer for me; I have some ecovers for both amazon and createspace to do. I am not too comfortable with paying Indians where Nigerians available. Thanks
I'm on nairalands list of of graphic designers. Check the dynamic ad contest
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by obamartins(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2017
Ewenla202:

Drop the title of the book and author, I will design cover for the ebook. For cratespace, someone else can help u out. Then drop ur email also.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by tutusaint(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
obamartins:

Drop the title of the book and author, I will design cover for the ebook. For cratespace, someone else can help u out. Then drop ur email also.

Please help, Book title is Pant Down, author's name is George Godswill
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Ewenla202: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
Obamartins thank you for the help. I am so sorry I have been tied up with some other engagements. This is my mail meneteabolo@gmail.com. Please do mail me, I will get in touch ASAP. Thank you.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by INFOTECH2: 5:23am On Jun 17, 2017
emmalexdboy:
Your cover doesn't look modern. Get a good design from fiverr.

If you're looking not to spend money, it'll hurt your sales in the long run.

Also, work on your title by looking similar books and see how they structure their title.

Your title is meant for blog posts and not for books.

Hope it helps, feel free to quote me if you have more questions.
Good day everyone

Would any of these covers be okay to use.

I need your input and criticisms - If any

Thanks

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by INFOTECH2: 5:30am On Jun 17, 2017
Good day everyone

Thanks]

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by tatacherie: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
Weldone everyone
Great topic.I love writing but a bit rusty presently.dusting myself up ASAP.I will seriously appreciate if anyone can help with any useful tips to begin with.I write in French too
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by kissler(f): 5:08am On Jun 18, 2017
INFOTECH2:
Good day everyone

Thanks]

You should go and look at the covers of the best selling books in your book's category/niche and check out the type of pictures used, font styles and arrangements.
You can also google or watch videos of how to make a good book cover.
Or just get a good graphic designer and save yourself all the stress.
Goodluck.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
INFOTECH2:
Good day everyone
Thanks
No, no, no.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ewenla202:

I am not using a graphic designer. I design my book covers myself.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by glo3nity: 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good evening everyone. Please, what could be the problem that is preventing Kindle from accepting my details? For good two days I have tried filling up the personal information as demanded and summit but no positive response.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Mcslize: 12:34am On Jun 19, 2017
mikkyword:

is there alternative for ordering for payoneer card with a valid id card? I have the national id card printout only.

Use ur voter's card.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by guruvillage: 2:36am On Jun 19, 2017
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by glo3nity: 6:11am On Jun 19, 2017
glo3nity:
Good evening everyone. Please, what could be the problem that is preventing Kindle from accepting my details? For good two days I have tried filling up the personal information as demanded and summit but no positive response.
Good morning... Please, I need answers to my question.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2017
glo3nity:
Good morning... Please, I need answers to my question.

What do you mean by tried submitting? Give us a screen shot let us see it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by cheehummer(f): 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
07061511169. Beware, this man is posing as an ECOBANK staff to scam innocent people.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by glo3nity: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2017
AncientTimes:

What do you mean by tried submitting? Give us a screen shot let us see it.
My mistake. I was using my smart phone to register and made it tough on myself. It was until I use the system before I could understand and got it right. Right now, am anticipating their reply. But while I wait, can I still proceed with my publishing...? Good morning.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Egonne1(f): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello, need to exchange your Payoneer funds for naira? You can chat me up on my contact. My payment is swift. I buy any amount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (42) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.