Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56204 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 12:18am On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum @ Abdelkabir/ Aboo Uthaymen
Friendchoice
Aideesheks
Demmzy15/ Aboo Hamamah
Rabiushile/ Abu Sulaim

Khayf Halikum?

Feels like a long time since I checked on you all.

أنا بخير و الحمد لله يا أختي، جزاك الله خير!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum @ Abdelkabir/ Aboo Uthaymen
Friendchoice
Aideesheks
Demmzy15/ Aboo Hamamah
Rabiushile/ Abu Sulaim

Khayf Halikum?

Feels like a long time since I checked on you all.

Hamdanlillaah, bi khayr. Sabah alkhayr, yah Umm maaaa?!?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Hamdanlillaah, bi khayr. Sabah alkhayr, yah Umm maaaa?!?!

Sahhun noor
I subtly posted my kunya a long time ago but it was only for people who remembered.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 16, 2017
يقول الله عز وجل :و ما تُقدّموا لِأنفسكم من خير تجدوه عندالله

Allâh The owner of greatness and reverence, the most powerful and the most mighty one who is never defeated says:

And whatever good(even if its an atom weight) you put forward for yourselves, you will find with Allâh(on the day of accountability).

meaning, if you put the part 2 of good, you will surely find it with Allâh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Sahhun noor
I subtly posted my kunya a long time ago but it was only for people who remembered.

Lol... Nice burn!!] grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Lol... Nice burn!!] grin grin

Didn't intend to burn.

I used those words because those were the same words I used when posting it in my journal.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Didn't intend to burn.

I used those words because those were the same words I used when posting it in my journal.

Oh! #confused

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Didn't intend to burn.

couldn't help but think of the murderer of umar ibn khattab(r.a)
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
AbdelKabir:

couldn't help but think of the murderer of umar ibn khattab(r.a)

Abu Lu'lu
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Abu Lu'lu

yea, thats what i think of whenever, *you know the rest*
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Oh! #confused

It's Umm Lu'lu

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

It's Umm Lu'lu

Maa shaaa Allaah. Pls what's the meaning of lu'lu?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Maa shaaa Allaah. Pls what's the meaning of lu'lu?!

Pearl.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Abu Lu'lu

Abu lu'lu al majusi aka Fairuz. Al Mughira's slave. Did u know some of s shia celebrate him, audhubillaah.?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
snapscore:

Pearl.
Okay. Women and this kinda Names.. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Trials and tests
This world is the place of striving and the Hereafter is the place of reward or punishment, where the believers will be rewarded with Paradise and the disbelievers will be punished with Hell.
Paradise is good and none but those who were good will enter it. Allaah is Good and accepts nothing but that which is good. So the way of Allaah with His slaves is to test them with calamities and tribulations, so that the believer may be known from the kaafir and so that the truthful may be distinguished from the liar,
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)”
[al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3]

Victory and success cannot be achieved except after tests which will bring the good forth from the evil and tell the believer apart from the kaafir, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good. Nor will Allaah disclose to you the secrets of the Ghayb (Unseen)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:179]

Among the trials with which Allaah tests His slaves in order to distinguish the believers from the disbelievers is that which He mentions in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabiroon (the patient).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

https://islamqa.info/en/13205

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Abu ad-Dardaa ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ said :
“Everyone falls short of his wisdom and knowledge sometimes. If this life brought him an increase in money, he becomes happy and elated. Meanwhile, the nights and the days keep decreasing his life term, but he does not become sad on account of this decrease. What good will the increases in wealth bring, when the life-term is ever decreasing?”
[Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa; 19/483]
Copied

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 9:52am On Feb 17, 2017
I have read condemnation after condemnation of a reality TV show called Big Brother. From all indications, wizards and witches form the bulk of the organisers and participants as its critics are under its spell.
As far as plebeians like me are concerned, the 'critics' of the show are its PR crew. But for them, I wouldn't have known about it. Una weydon o!
The 'prostitutes' in the said bush house are only bold or is it shameless(?) young Nigerians acting out what plays on campuses and other human assemblies in our aping clime.
Most of us are as cheap as whoring loins. We are mostly guilty of opening our legs to wicked patrons for different prizes: self aggrandizement, ego massage or mere ethnic glorification. Isn't this what the said scoundrels in that house are doing?
It's a shame our institutions are so perverted I am glad I don't patronise them. Shame!
Considering that teachers in our public schools send their children to private schools, Doctors in General Hospitals take their Wives and wards to private hospitals etc, we are hardly justified to lambaste a select group for condescending to the level of our high and mighty.
NTA must be making money for championing the Big Brother show of shame. The authorities of the NTA don't thrive on sanctimonious leanings. This millennium is for desperadoes. Anything for money is no longer a berated maxim. Shame!
Those of us who advocate institutional reconstruction forget the the structure we sing about building can't be cemented by fine sand. The blocks (we) are too Sandy to stand, let alone form a solid structure.
I laugh at our armchair reformists who are vociferously opposed to the decay that is their means of livelihood.
From university dons who subject younger girls than their daughters to unprintable abuse to our brown envelope journalists and their columnists who on a daily basis, feed through condemning the decay of which they are guiltier than other perpetrators to all other pretentious preachers, one watches a nauseating comedy.
Our decay appears the main institution from which we look forward to our redemption. Aren't we clowns?
Ustadh Umar Dada paigwoi
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:
يقول الله عز وجل :و ما تُقدّموا لِأنفسكم من خير تجدوه عندالله

Allâh The owner of greatness and reverence, the most powerful and the most mighty one who is never defeated says:

And whatever good(even if its an atom weight) you put forward for yourselves, you will find with Allâh(on the day of accountability).

meaning, if you put the part 2 of good, you will surely find it with Allâh.
One of my personal inspiring verses.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2017
Ash-Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeeen (may Almighty Allaah be pleased with him) said:

"If it becomes heavy (difficult) to follow the Sunnah (of the Prophet), then know that there is a disease in the heart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 18, 2017
On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing me upon him) took me by the shoulder and said, “Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.”
And Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used to say, “In the evening do not expect [to live until] the morning, and in the morning do not expect [to live until] the evening. Take [advantage of] your health before times of sickness, and [take advantage of] your life before your death.”

[Bukhari]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2017
It was narrated from ‘Abdullaah bn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.”

A man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?”

He said: “Allaah is Beautiful and loves beauty, arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
“Do not feel secure because of a great number of deeds for you do not know if they have been accepted or not. Do not feel secure about your sins for you do not know if they have been expiated or not. This is because all of your deeds are unseen to you and you have no idea what ALLAAH WILL DO with them.” - 'AbduLLAAHI ibn ‘Awn [The Journey to ALLAAH, Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
"The Prophet passed by two graves. He said: 'These two are being punished. And they are not being punished for something major. As for this one, he would not protect himself from his urine. As for this one, he used to spread Namimah (slander).'"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 9:56am On Feb 20, 2017
·٠• The Wisdom Of Luqman ·٠•

The son of Luqman said to his father, ' O my beloved father, which quality of man is the best? '

He replied, 'Deen.'

He then asked, ' If there were two? '

He replied, 'Deen & Wealth.'

He asked, ' If there were three? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth & Modesty.'

He asked, ' If there were four? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth, Modesty & Good Character. '

He asked, ' If there were five? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth, Modesty, Good character & Generosity. '

He said, ' If there were six? '

Luqman replied, 'O my son! If a person had these five qualities combined in him, he would be pure and pious and a friend of Allah. He would be free of Shaitaan.'

Luqman said, 'I have moved rocks and carried speech, but i have not seen anything heavier than debt.
I have eaten wholesome foods and embraced good deeds, but i have never witnessed anything tastier than health and vitality. '

He said, ' When you are engaged in Salaah, then protect your heart.
When you are engaged in eating,
then protect your throat.
If you are in someone else's home,
then protect your eyes.
When you are amongst people, then protect your tongue.

Think of two things and forget two;

As for the two you should remember;
they are Allah and death.

And the two which you should forget are; The good you have done for others, and the evil done to you by others.'

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Coccoh:
·٠• The Wisdom Of Luqman ·٠•

The son of Luqman said to his father, ' O my beloved father, which quality of man is the best? '

He replied, 'Deen.'

He then asked, ' If there were two? '

He replied, 'Deen & Wealth.'

He asked, ' If there were three? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth & Modesty.'

He asked, ' If there were four? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth, Modesty & Good Character. '

He asked, ' If there were five? '

He replied, 'Deen, Wealth, Modesty, Good character & Generosity. '

He said, ' If there were six? '

Luqman replied, 'O my son! If a person had these five qualities combined in him, he would be pure and pious and a friend of Allah. He would be free of Shaitaan.'

Luqman said, 'I have moved rocks and carried speech, but i have not seen anything heavier than debt.
I have eaten wholesome foods and embraced good deeds, but i have never witnessed anything tastier than health and vitality. '

He said, ' When you are engaged in Salaah, then protect your heart.
When you are engaged in eating,
then protect your throat.
If you are in someone else's home,
then protect your eyes.
When you are amongst people, then protect your tongue.

Think of two things and forget two;

As for the two you should remember;
they are Allah and death.

And the two which you should forget are; The good you have done for others, and the evil done to you by others.'

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu.
Any evidence for this ma? Wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
sad[s][/s]
busar:
Any evidence for this ma? Wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh
Luqman was once asked: “Who is the best one in terms of patience?” He said: “It is the one who practices no harm after observing patience.” Then he was asked: “Who is the best one in terms of knowledge?” He said: “It is he who adds to his own knowledge through the knowledge of others.” When asked: “Who is the best from among the whole people?” he said: “It is the wealthy.” They said: “Is it the one who has properties and riches?” He said: “No! But, it is the one who is generous in doing good when others seek it from him, and, it is the one who does not need anything from others”(narrated by Abdur Razzaq after Mu’amir after Ayyub after Abu Qulabah).
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Coccoh:
sad[s][/s]
Luqman was once asked: “Who is the best one in terms of patience?” He said: “It is the one who practices no harm after observing patience.” Then he was asked: “Who is the best one in terms of knowledge?” He said: “It is he who adds to his own knowledge through the knowledge of others.” When asked: “Who is the best from among the whole people?” he said: “It is the wealthy.” They said: “Is it the one who has properties and riches?” He said: “No! But, it is the one who is generous in doing good when others seek it from him, and, it is the one who does not need anything from others”(narrated by Abdur Razzaq after Mu’amir after Ayyub after Abu Qulabah).
collected by?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2017
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Allah has forgiven my followers the evil thoughts that occur to their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." And Qatada said, "If someone divorces his wife just in his mind, such an unuttered divorce has no
effect."

[Al-Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 194]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
So recently I was heading to Post Office/Challenge area of Ilorin, and the cab man did not have 50 naira change to give me bcuz I gave him a
100 naira. All of a sudden, he started to curse our Muhammadu Buhari.."olori buruku ni Bu**...olo..this..ode..that.
May Allaah grant our President good health and guide him to the right path.
Point is; if we want CHANGE, we should change ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
Qur'an chapter 13 verse 16

Say,"Who is Lord of the heavens and earth?" Say, " Allah ." Say, "Have you then taken besides Him allies not possessing [even] for themselves any benefit or any harm?" Say, "Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Or is darkness equivalent to light? Or have they attributed to Allah partners who created like His creation so that the creation [of each] seemed similar to them?" Say, " Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 22, 2017
perhaps we should be reminded about this hadeeth

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏ الرَّجُلُ عَلَى دِينِ خَلِيلِهِ فَلْيَنْظُرْ أَحَدُكُمْ مَنْ يُخَالِلُ

it was related to us by Abu hurayrah that the prophet sallallâhu aleihe wa sallam said: A man is upon the (version of) deen of his best friend so let one of you look at whom you befriend.

This hadeeth is sahih and can be found in sunan Abu dawood.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.