Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:28 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (58581 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Between Nasheed and Music.
Shaykh Fawzaan Said:
"Nasheeds are not Islamic. They are like music. They should be shunned and not sold".
[Al-Khutab Al-Mimbariyyah 3/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 22, 2017
Between Nasheed and MusThe most misused words among us today are Scholar, Shaykh, Ustaadh.
Look vividly and give these titles to those who deserve it.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2017
Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah wabarakatuhu.

I can't categorically say I'm disappointed in us answering people who mock the DEEN.

I read through this thread 'cousin marriage' and all I saw was a mockery of Allaah's word.

Ask ur sef this, will Umar Ibn khattab or Usama Ibn Zaid keep going back and forth wif a jahil, who clearly makes a joke of Islaam?!?

A proof is enough for the seeker of knowledge.

Let's save ourselves time and desist from going around in circles with a jahil, once u've given a proof or two...stop. Bcuz no matter what proof u bring from kitaab wa sunnaah, they bring theirs as well from their head.

Allaahu musta'an

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
The judgment day is a transitory day when human life of this world would end and all will move on to their respective status in the life hereafter. In addition to emphasizing on the inevitability of the judgment day, Quran also gives a picture of the way it will take place and what will be the reactions of people once it occurs. The lines below discuss the scenario of the judgment day as depicted in Quran.

The Blowing Of Trumpet:

The one thing that is synonymous with the judgment day in Islam is the blowing of trumpet. The blowing of trumpet will mark the start of the judgment day and it is when the world, as we know it would end and cease to exist. Quran depicts the blowing of trumpet in the following way:

“The trumpet is blown and those in the heavens and those in the earth swoon away, except those Allah wills. Then it is blown a second time and at once they stand upright, looking on. And the earth shines with the Pure Light of its Lord; the Book is put in place; the Prophets and witnesses are brought; it is decided between them with the truth; and they are not wronged. Every self is repaid in full for what it did. He knows best what they are doing.” (39:68-70)

This ayah gives a clear depiction of how the judgment day will start. The day will start when the trumpet blows for the first time. When the trumpet blows, the first reaction to it would b all the all that is in heaven and earth will faint, meaning that the life on it would end, except for those who Allah wants to live. When the second time the trumpet will blow, all will rise and all will come into an order that marks the commencement of the judgment. Thus, when all are in line, the court of Allah will be set where the Prophets will be present and the Books will be placed and after that deeds will be judged and a just reward will be imparted on them.

http://www.quranreading.com/blog/scenario-judgment-day-quran/
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2017
“And indeed We have made the Quran easy for direction and guidance, but is there anyone who will take advice?” (54:17)

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
ابي سفيان اللغاسي
We live in an age where judging others has become the norm and mocking people for their mistakes has become a huge pastime. While some of us might do it unintentionally, others might fall into this out of ignorance or even arrogance. Calling ourselves the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم comes with certain responsibilities. One such responsibility is correcting people’s mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2017
Benefit of making Tawbah (Repentance)
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah Said:
"Just as Islaam erases what came before it, repentance (tawbah) also erases what came before it."
Majmoo' al -Fataawa 22/12

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2017
^^
Just to add to Abu Sulaim's post.

There is also salat at tawbah that one can do after repenting.

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no one who commits a sin then purifies himself well and stands and prays two rak’ahs, then asks Allaah for forgiveness, but Allaah will forgive him. Then he recited this verse: ‘And those who, when they have committed Faahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allaah and ask forgiveness for their sins; — and none can forgive sins but Allaah — and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know’ [Aal ‘Imraan 3:135].” Classed as sahaah by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Hishaam said: We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was holding the hand of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab. ‘Umar said to him: “O Messenger of Allaah, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, not until I am dearer to you than your own self.” ‘Umar said to him: “Now, by Allaah, you are dearer to me than my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Now (you are a true believer), O ‘Umar.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6257.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
ابي سفيان اللغاسي
A STATEMENT OF SHAIKH UBAID REGARDING HOW TRICKSTERS, DECEIVERS AND DUBIOUS PERSONALITIES USUALLY GET EXPOSED
Shaikh Ubaid [may Allaah preserve him and grant him a long life filled with everything that Allaah loves] said: There is none who hides behind the Sunnah– the people beguiled by him, gather around him to learn, adhered to him, became dependent on him and accepted everything he said–except that Allaah will reveal his affair, uncover and expose his concealed state of affairs to specific individuals and to the general public, regarding what was hidden and apparent of his deception, his mixing truth with falsehood, his plots and deceitful practices. Allaah paves the way for men of virtue, intelligence, wisdom, strength and exceptional natural ability–possessors of knowledge, skill and sound understanding of the religion–through whom He unveils the affair of that trickster, dubious and deceitful person.
[Source: ( http://www.sahab.net/home/?p=329 ). Abridged and slightly paraphrased]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
Should many of the well known authentic fatwa sites suddenly collapse, the reality of many youths with respect to the knowledge they pretend to possess would become obvious.
Many don't have simple Islamic basis but are very "sound" when it comes to using "fatawaa" they interprete with "western tools" to stir trouble north, south, east and west.
May Allaah rectify our conditions

Copied from Ibn Hamzah Jamiu
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 26, 2017
More proofs that marriage is an act of worship.....

Narrated by Anas bin Malik
A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers)."

(Sahih Bukhari)
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 26, 2017
Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “He has not thanked Allah who has not thanked people.”

Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4811

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Ahmad Shakir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 26, 2017
Are you menstruating?

’Umar b. al-Khattāb saw a man with his ‘Izār (lower garment) dragging below his ankles, so he said: Are you menstruating?

The man replied: O Leader of the Faithful, does a man menstruate?

He said: Yes, if you hang your ‘Izār down – because ‘Isbāl (wearing garments below the ankles) is only for women!

So ‘Umar came with a blade, folded the man’s garment and cut what fell below the ankles.

Source: al-Musannaf of Ibn Abī Shaybāh (v. 8, p. 393)

Share this, Baarakallaah Feekum: [“One who guides to something good has a reward similar to that of its doer” - Saheeh Muslim vol.3, no.4665]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
Salam alaykum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I would just like to remind everybody that tomorrow is Monday. If anyone can afford to fast then let him do so and increase his reward with his Lord. *especially those staying at home*

It was narrated that our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three prayers that are not rejected: the prayer of a father for his child, the prayer of the fasting person and the prayer of the traveller.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; see Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2032; al-Saheehah, 1797.

cc: Abdelkabir, demmzy15, rabiushile04, aideesheks zarinaain
zeinymira friendchoice AbuHammaad balash busar Kazrem
Coccoh

If I am missing anyone, feel free to mention them

Salam alaykum

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Jazaakumullahu snapscore for the reminder.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
يا ايها الذين امنوا اتق الله وقولوا قولا سديدا

oh you who have faith, fear Allâh and say a word that is appropriate.

generally a Muslim should not be found using cussing words, shouldn't be seen saying the f word, say appropriate things, a Muslim is he whwho should have the best akhlaaq(characters) and aadaab(morals)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
و من يطع الله و رسوله فقد فاز فوز عظيما

whoever obeys Allâh and his messenger has already achieved a great achievement.

و من يعص الله و رسوله فقد ضل ضلالا مبينا

And whoever disobeys Allâh and his messenger has already gone astray which is unambiguous.

و من يعص الله و رسوله فان له نار جهنم خالدين فيها ابدا

and (also) whoever disobeys Allâh and his messenger, verily his abode for a looooooong time is the fire of jahannam.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 11:20am On Feb 27, 2017
Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A bedouin came to the prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) and asked him, "O Allah's Messenger, what are the two imperatives which lead to jannah or Hell. "He صلى الله عليه و سلم replied, "He who dies without associating anything with Allah will enter Jannah, and he who dies associating partners with Allah will enter the fire." (MUSLIM)

*COMMENTARY*: This hadith holds promise for a muslim that being a muslim and Muwahhid (believer in the oneness of Allah) he will be at last sent to jannah. Whether he goes straight to jannah or after suffering the punishment of his sins in Hell, is a separate issue, but he will not remain in hell for ever. Eternal punishment in Hell is reserved only for pagans, polytheists, and infidels.

Extracted from Riyad-us-saliheen Chapter 50, page144.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Imam Ahmad (17803) narrated that al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

“Verily, when the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him angels from heaven with white faces, as if their faces are the sun. They bring with them one of the shrouds of Paradise and some of the perfume of Paradise. They sit with him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death (peace be upon him) comes to him and sits by his head and says, ‘O pure soul, come out to the forgiveness and pleasure of Allah.’ Then his soul comes flowing out like a drop of water flowing from a cup. Then he takes the soul, and no sooner does he seize it but they take it and place it in that shroud and perfume. Then out of it comes the most excellent fragrance of musk to be found on the face of the earth. Then they ascend with it and they do not pass by any group of angels but the angels ask, ‘Who is this pure soul?’ and they reply, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so’ – using the best names by which he was known on earth. Then they bring it to the lowest heaven, and ask for it to be opened, and it is opened for him. Those who are of high rank in each heaven accompany it until they approach the next heaven, and so it goes until it reaches the seventh heaven. Then Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon (the highest heaven) and take him back to the earth, for I created them from it, and I shall return them to it, then I shall take them out from it again.’ Then his soul is returned to his body and two angels come and make him sit up”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Anyone Has Reference For This Please?

A Beautiful Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

'When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, and there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer(names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to
interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, 'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job.. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise '. Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, 'I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have no grief..' When the interrogation is over, the handsome man
arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk.. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: 'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qur'an, neither a Prophet nor an angel.

May Allah bestow this favour on all of us. AMEEN

Copied
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2017
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, Allah will bestow upon him light between those two Fridays.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) in Saheeh al-Jaami‘.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Salam alaykum

AbdelKabir Demmzy15 Rabiushile04 Friendchoice abuhammaad Kazrem

Zariaain kiss

Do you guys have any suggestions about beneficial topics we can write about for this section?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum

AbdelKabir Demmzy15 Rabiushile Friendchoice abuhammaad

Zariaain kiss

Do you guys have any suggestions about beneficial topics we can write about for this section?
Hmmmmnn! undecided I think we can continue some of the biography of the salafs.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
Hmmmmnn! undecided I think we can continue some of the biography of the salafs.

Jazakalllahu Khyran for your contribution.

I am not very knowledgeable on biographies of the salafs. Maybe someone else could write about it?

Sorry for mentioning you at this time. I noticed you are little preoccupied wit the 'other' thread.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakalllahu Khyran for your contribution.

I am not very knowledgeable on biographies of the salafs. Maybe someone else could write about it?

Sorry for mentioning you at this time. I noticed you are little preoccupied wit the 'other' thread.
No problem, Umm Lu'lu.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
I have an idea but I am hesitant to open the thread for certain reasons.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
snapscore:
I have an idea but I am hesitant to open the thread for certain reasons.
You can share if it worthy!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum

AbdelKabir Demmzy15 Rabiushile04 Friendchoice abuhammaad Kazrem

Zariaain kiss

Yes. You can write on purification, followed by Abulution, then prayer if there is non in the section.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yes. You can write on purification, followed by Abulution, then prayer if there is non in the section.

I think we already have topics on this but I might be wrong.

Jazakallahu Khyran for contributing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (46) (Reply)

Millions Of Kano Muslims Ignore Social Distancing At Friday Prayers / Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.