Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) (37843 Views)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by valx2: 6:01am On Aug 12, 2016
Yam pepper scatter scatter grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by photoshoot(m): 6:04am On Aug 12, 2016
yomz1e:
[s]I didn't marry a cook, I married my woman, a friend, soul mate, lover and wife, not a cook! Cooking does not define the qualities in a woman, she. Might not be good in cooking but good in other things grin grin that's why there are professional cooks ..,this life is simple why complicate it.. You and your wife working 9-5! Coming home from work everyday is a struggle and you now want her to go in the kitchen and spend another 2-3hrs in the heat... I advice any single girl that can't cook to stay away from Redeem church. It's not a friendly hunting ground.[/s]

sad
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Kenswitch(m): 6:05am On Aug 12, 2016
Lol
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by ojuolu(m): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Does she have other redeeming qualities about her?
Her personality, etc....

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.
Aunty Peju, as far as I agreed with bulk of what you wrote up here, there is no redemption or substitute to a woman inability to cook. It is either she learn before getting married or she should be ready to learn very, very very fast immediately she get married.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Emytexboy(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
But I can cook indomie nau cry
Only indomie?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by nextstep(m): 6:19am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:

Does she want to learn?
Her personality, etc....

What if she doesn't know how to cook but she is industrious, hardworking and a really caring woman who contributes financially to the family, would you still act the same way? I doubt it.

If she didn't learn how to cook between the ages of 8 and 20 (12 years opportunity to learn) how will she start learning when she's married? It may not be her fault that her parents did not teach her, but that's not MY problem. I had an ex like that: common eba she no sabi, talk less of soup. Next.

Besides, you really think that an industrious and hardworking and caring woman would somehow skip learning to cook? It's ironic to have all these qualities yet, refuse to sit and learn how to do something that everyone should know how to do.

Redeeming qualities and all that personality crap will fade out the window when you come home for the upteenth time in a month and have to order food, eat out, or do the cooking yourself. You might tolerate it at first, cuz she's cute or industrious or whatever, but walahi... resentment will build up. You might end up complaining to some fine suzy at work or in the neigbourhood who says: "but I can make you some small ewedu nah". Next thing you know, miss cannot-cook is out of the house and you're coming home to the nice aroma of enticing home cooked meals by suzy.

Young ladies, don't be fooled by feminism, modernism, egalitarianism, educatedism, been-to-ism, or whatever ism. Those oyinbo men are hardly happy in their marriages, hence the 50%+ divorce rates. We no dey chop grammar; abeg learn to cook well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by shyne2al: 6:28am On Aug 12, 2016
If u dare den u wl end up in mr biggs or shoprite so beware
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by sonofthunder: 6:30am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
I'm sure you joking, or rather hope you aren't limited to just indomie... we still have chikki and dangote noodles

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Gkemz: 6:31am On Aug 12, 2016
Though that's not a good reason to send her packing however everywoman should as a matter of necessity know how to cook at least the basic traditional dishes because to capture a man's heart, you start with his stomach. With the easy access to information nowadays i just wonder why any woman can't cook. She can start by equipping herself through various manuals on how to prepare dishes. If she's down to earth, she'd definitely grab the knowledge within a short while.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Dexema(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

At least it guarantees you won't die of starvation or food poisoning.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Joehong(m): 6:41am On Aug 12, 2016
THE BIBLE SAID THE MAN SHOULD PROVIDE, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROVIDE, IS IT COOKED OR RAW, THE BIBLE DID NOT TELL US THAT, AND WHERE DID IT STATED IN THE BIBLE THAT, ONE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WOMEN IS COOKING? "Your wife is a part of your body - you are a part of each other. For this reason Paul said, "Love your wife". He didn't say, if you want to. As you love her, you love yourself and are fulfilling the role that the Lord wanted you to have." BECAUSE SHE DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK DOES NOT MEAN YOU CANT TEACH HER.

Some husbands might hate it. But if you DO hate it, then it’s my opinion that you lack a certain type of romance, plain and simple. Because cooking is very much like romance, like real tried and true romance, not this sh*t you think you might find if you spend another hour or two on Tinder or whatever. Cooking requires heart. It demands that you give a damn about someone else, the person or person(s) you are cooking for, whether your wife or they’re your own hungry kids or someone you’ve just met and are trying to impress in the hope that they might want to spend a little more time with you.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Dexema(m): 6:43am On Aug 12, 2016
raayah:

Trust me, if you bake a sweet cake for a woman personally, she'll love you for life.

Imagine making breakfast for your wife or even serving her well made eba and egusi after she comes back from work or after bathing the children. she'll be extremely happy.

The way to a woman's heart is definitely food.

Cook for your wife today!!'
There is no difference between you and your comment.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 12, 2016
a lady that cannot cook?, so she and her children will be patronizing fast food every day like a woman and her I used to know who goes to a particular fast food every single day for dinner while the husband goes there for breakfast and dinner. I personally don't like eating outside, you don't know how the food was prepared, I was traveling one time, I was so hungry I had to buy rice, there was sand on the meat that I doubt they.even washed it before putting it in the stew
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Joehong(m): 6:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Some husbands might hate it. But if you DO hate it, then it’s my opinion that you lack a certain type of romance, plain and simple. Because cooking is very much like romance, like real tried and true romance, not this sh*t you think you might find if you spend another hour or two on Tinder or whatever. Cooking requires heart. It demands that you give a damn about someone else, the person or person(s) you are cooking for, whether your wife or they’re your own hungry kids or someone you’ve just met and are trying to impress in the hope that they might want to spend a little more time with you.

THE BIBLE SAID THE MAN SHOULD PROVIDE, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROVIDE, IS IT COOKED OR RAW, THE BIBLE DID NOT TELL US THAT, AND WHERE DID IT STATED IN THE BIBLE THAT, ONE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WOMEN IS COOKING? "Your wife is a part of your body - you are a part of each other. For this reason Paul said, "Love your wife". He didn't say, if you want to. As you love her, you love yourself and are fulfilling the role that the Lord wanted you to have." BECAUSE SHE DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK DOES NOT MEAN YOU CANT TEACH HER.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 6:53am On Aug 12, 2016
raayah:

Trust me, if you bake a sweet cake for a woman personally, she'll love you for life.

Imagine making breakfast for your wife or even serving her well made eba and egusi after she comes back from work or after bathing the children. she'll be extremely happy.

The way to a woman's heart is definitely food.

Cook for your wife today!!'

after she comes back from work? Did u marry a jobless man dat doesn't come bak from work too?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Dexema(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
Now you think you just made sense abi?

Ngozi told you she cooks for her husband? While she was in Nigeria and her family remained in the US, she was cooking and sending food to her family via email abi UPS abi?

Or ia it Hilary Clinton that goes home to be cooking for her husband everyday, while on tour and campaigning to be elected president of united states.

Remi tinubu nko, after a long day at work, goes to Lagos from abuja to cook for her husband, abi?

Guy,pls upgrade your thinking. There's more to life than food. Even Bible says man shall not live by bread alone. The worth of a woman isn't in spending her whole life in the kitchen cooking your food. Not in this present time.

Like I said, there are options and she can learn, if she wants to. It shouldn't be the end of a marriage, marriage is more than food only.
for the First time I would disagree with you repogirl, how about the years leading to these women becoming public figures? At one point or the other they must have done these chores, a woman should know how to cook and be ready to serve her hubby and family with her culinary skills, even if she's not always around.
BTW hope you are good, how are your soldiers doing?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 6:56am On Aug 12, 2016
daretodiffer:
You don't need a wife to do that. A chef can always give you thatundecided

so am guessing you pple will find anoda man to make money for u nd ur husband since a chef can cuk for u nd ur husband too
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 7:01am On Aug 12, 2016
raayah:

Can't a man also cook all the soups and stew for tge weekend?

so am guessing a woman should repair minor faults in cars, fix electrical faults in d house ,make repairs etc? Since roles hv changed abi changing of roles applies only to men?
And u pple wonder y guys leave u

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 12, 2016
Eat indomie everyday for one week,and you'll feel sorry for yourself and your future husband
beautiful232:
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by dec0four: 7:07am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
....and u can also boil water

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Dexema(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2016
nextstep:

If she didn't learn how to cook between the ages of 8 and 20 (12 years opportunity to learn) how will she start learning when she's married? It may not be her fault that her parents did not teach her, but that's not MY problem. I had an ex like that: common eba she no sabi, talk less of soup. Next.

Besides, you really think that an industrious and hardworking and caring woman would somehow skip learning to cook? It's ironic to have all these qualities yet, refuse to sit and learn how to do something that everyone should know how to do.

Redeeming qualities and all that personality crap will fade out the window when you come home for the upteenth time in a month and have to order food, eat out, or do the cooking yourself. You might tolerate it at first, cuz she's cute or industrious or whatever, but walahi... resentment will build up. You might end up complaining to some fine suzy at work or in the neigbourhood who says: "but I can make you some small ewedu nah". Next thing you know, miss cannot-cook is out of the house and you're coming home to the nice aroma of enticing home cooked meals by suzy.

Young ladies, don't be fooled by feminism, modernism, egalitarianism, educatedism, been-to-ism, or whatever ism. Those oyinbo men are hardly happy in their marriages, hence the 50%+ divorce rates. We no dey chop grammar; abeg learn to cook well.
You are blessed bro. You just faced the reality of an African family.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 7:12am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
Now you think you just made sense abi?

Ngozi told you she cooks for her husband? While she was in Nigeria and her family remained in the US, she was cooking and sending food to her family via email abi UPS abi?

Or ia it Hilary Clinton that goes home to be cooking for her husband everyday, while on tour and campaigning to be elected president of united states.

Remi tinubu nko, after a long day at work, goes to Lagos from abuja to cook for her husband, abi?

Guy,pls upgrade your thinking. There's more to life than food. Even Bible says man shall not live by bread alone. The worth of a woman isn't in spending her whole life in the kitchen cooking your food. Not in this present time.

Like I said, there are options and she can learn, if she wants to. It shouldn't be the end of a marriage, marriage is more than food only.

u jus mentioned few exceptional cases of marriages that have lasted(am sure in the beginning the wives cukd for them) which doesn't apply to newly weds wen d wife is not yet a high profile career woman.
its not evn bout d cooking but an indictment on the girls ability to make sure the home is in order cos if she was grounded in cooking that means she was also disciplined in taking care of the house as a teenager which is hard to learn as a youth probably as a result of work or mindset.
when we talk bout cooking it doesn't mean she would be confined in the kitchen but rather that belief she was well groomed and disciplined.
so u dnt mind a guy who cant fix the basics in d house without looking for help?
No doubt cooking doesn't define her character but its all part of the lil pieces that makes u appreciate ur woman.
we shouldn't let movies nd books feed us that line that a high profile career woman shouldn't take care of the house

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Lero15(m): 7:17am On Aug 12, 2016
[b][/b]
Ginaz:
If cooking is a must then why marriage still breaking?

That's crap.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 12, 2016
tintingz:
Does cooking guarantee happy marriage?.

Yes oo my brother. For me though..

The only house chore my wife will do is cooking.. so its a must
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by vicben27(m): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:
bae ur funny so. Na only indomine u go dy cook for husband house? I no ur jst jokin sha but incase ur nt derz alwayz a caterin school near by u can get some cookin skills
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 12, 2016
Ginaz:

That's crap.

Yes, she must MUST know how to cook.

How do you expect a man to come home and start cooking or eat fast food after a hard dat at work eh?

How I go take brag with my friends about my wife kitchen skills eh?

So If my family or friends come to the house, wifey go buy fast food or I go begin cook eh?

Abeg if you no sabi cook, go and learn. Stop looking for excuses.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by lordyugo: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2016
PinketteDawn:

I also pray for you to wake up and realise you are not marrying a free maid but a help mate. And by the way, God has never created anything that is useless. Who are you to call God's creation useless?

I have seen the so called 'worthless' women change overnight and learn. Yes! Learn! Even as adults! One lady I know grew up without a mother and guess what? She learned how to wash her clothes and clean in boarding school. She also learned how to cook from her husband! She had the interest but was not opportuned to have someone teach her.She is still with her husband today after 5 years of marriage. He never for one day berated her for not knowing how to cook. He understood and taught her instead.

From everything you have listed here, you are simply looking for a housemaid disguised as a wife. You are obviously not looking for a friend or for someone you can love wholeheartedly. There is more to a woman than a cook, cleaner, maid fused in one.

Learn not to judge people too quickly my dear, it will help you in this journey called LIFE.

the truth is that we put too much pressure on LUV or hide behind the cover of LUV .
all these u said applies to those willing to learn. So my question is what bout those not willing to learn?
Should we tolerate it too cos of the word LUV?
so u dnt mind being wit a guy who cant evn unscrew a light bulb, make basic repairs at home etc cos of the word LUV?
U should also know that married couples wont tell u everything goin on in their home to gv u that impression of everything being splendid.
Like I always say food , sex doesn't hv anything to do wit divorce, cheating etc that is jus a persons character but it goes a long way of giving that feeling of being appreciated which spices up thins.
Sex Nd Food helps in a persons overall well being when u knw how to do it nd happy doin it codKf =8?T good hormones are triggered so its vital and doesn't hv anything to do wit LUV , DIVORCE , MARRIAGE cos u r doin it for U.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by olivephyssiyor: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2016
Ginaz:

That's crap.
if not for cooking may be there wouldn't be anything call marriage in the 1st place.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by noble71(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2016
beautiful232:

Indomie na food? undecided
beautiful232:

Indomie na food?
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by jackobi(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2016
LuvU2:
cheesy This cooking thing is serious o
I better perfect my skills asap. shocked

Please do ooh.
Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by holybabayo(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2016
repogirl:
I noticed that they mostly interviewed sokpan boys who lack exposure but the few men who were older and possibly already married were more tolerant of the idea.

Yes, a woman should know how to cook but in the case where she doesn't, other factors should also determine the best action to take.

Does she want to learn?
Her personality, etc....

It's a pity sha. But sincerely we single people have a rather sweet and rosy view of marriage. But really marriage is for a lifetime. She will be your wife, later a mother, a grand mother and great grand mother. Every right thinking man will know that to marry a woman, you will also be responsible to her financially. I think every right thinking woman that knows she will be a wife some day and does not know how to cook is not truely fit to be a wife. Is she a baby? What was she doing growing up? Doesn't she have a mother to help in the kitchen? No father to show love to with good food? No friends to entertain with some homemade food? I suspect that kind lady. She could be from another planet.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2016
lordyugo:

after she comes back from work? Did u marry a jobless man dat doesn't come bak from work too?

Lol zing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. / New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.