Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? (17227 Views)

Tomorrow Will Prove To Me And Atheists That Voodoo( Jass) Exist / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Kay17:

Christianity is involved with scientific research? How?

Well , Christians who adherents of Christianity are involved in scientific researches . Science should thank the involvement of Christianity in the middle ages and now . Medieval Catholic mathematicians and philosophers such as John Buridan, Nicole Oresme and Roger Bacon were founders of modern science . Christians are way more distinguished and accomplished than other religion's adherents and atheists combined in the past 800 years of modern science .

These are facts new atheists of the 21st century are oblivious of .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well , Christians who adherents of Christianity are involved in scientific researches . Science should thank the involvement of Christianity in the middle ages and now . Medieval Catholic mathematicians and philosophers such as John Buridan, Nicole Oresme and Roger Bacon were founders of modern science . Christians are way more distinguished and accomplished than other religion's adherents and atheists combined in the past 800 years of modern science .

The question was carefully couched in such a manner it doesn't concern the single adherents of the faith, rather is scientific research a core of Christianity as Faith to a point that a scientific truth is accepted unconditionally as a pillar of the religion
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by 4kings: 11:10am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sharaaap. undecided
Giordano bruno, Galileo, Copernicus, ..., were all rejected by christians back then, and their ideas have revolutionised science today.
Mathematicians like fibonacci, pythagoras and other ancient chinese guys were not christians.

Even some of the "christian" scientists of today and the past, consider the stories of the bible as an allegory, they are more like "christian deists". tongue
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Kay17:

The question was carefully couched in such a manner it doesn't concern the single adherents of the faith, rather is scientific research a core of Christianity as Faith to a point that a scientific truth is accepted unconditionally as a pillar of the religion

Biblical events have been buttressed by archaeological science . The history of Christ have been approved as truth by historians . Then of course mystical events which are beyond the ambit of science .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2016
4kings:

Sharaaap. undecided
Giordano bruno, Galileo, Copernicus, ..., were all rejected by christians back then, and their ideas have revolutionised science today.
Mathematicians like fibonacci, pythagoras and other ancient chinese guys were not christians.

Even some of the "christian" scientists of today and the past, consider the stories of the bible as an allegory, they are more like "christian deists". tongue

Lol bro .. you are so deluded man tongue . You mean the same Catholicism that rejected those guys have adherents who founded modern science ? The same Catholicism had one of its lecturers in one its universities propose a prevailing cosmological model for the beginning of the universe ?

How do you reconcile that ?

And I notice you keep mention random guys who were involved in developing maths and science . News flash ... they were all religious grin

Only if atheists and Christians knew that atheism was never concerned with science from the on set . Do you know that atheists in other countries don't reason like the Nigerian atheists ? Imagine an atheist in wealthy Christian countries like Switzerland , Norway or Denmark blaming religion or claiming that Christianity hindered scientific progress , he would be seriously mocked and mortified in public . These Nigerian atheists thrive in the ignorance of our people - and that is deception and wickedness .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by 4kings: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Biblical events have been buttressed by archaeological science . The history of Christ have been approved as truth by historians . Then of course mystical events which are beyond the ambit of science .
Prove it!!!
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2016
4kings:

Prove it!!!

You peruse my topics for proof . I relished posting those topics in the past
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by 4kings: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol bro .. you are so deluded man tongue . You mean the same Catholicism that rejected those guys have adherents who founded modern science ? The same Catholicism had one of its lecturers in one its universities propose a prevailing cosmological model for the beginning of the universe ?
Bla bla bla
Remember the muslims then undecided

How do you reconcile that ?
Men thinking out of the box, not because of religion, but reasoning in a different way. tongue

And I notice you keep mention random guys who were involved in developing maths and science . News flash ... they were all religious grin

Only if atheists and Christians knew that atheism was never concerned with science from the on set . Do you know that atheists in other countries don't reason like the Nigerian atheists ? Imagine an atheist in wealthy Christian countries like Switzerland , Norway or Denmark blaming religion or claiming that Christianity hindered scientific progress , he would be seriously mocked and mortified in public . These Nigerian atheists thrive in the ignorance of our people - and that is deception and wickedness .
What's my business with atheism.
I am a freethinker cool and my rationale behind scientific advancement by men is "Reasoning" not religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2016
4kings:

Bla bla bla
Remember the muslims then undecided

I acknowledged their contributions in the past . Sorry atheists made no contribution.

Men thinking out of the box, not because of religion, but reasoning in a different way. tongue

God exhorted man to study

What's my business with atheism.
I am a freethinker cool and my rationale behind scientific advancement by men is "Reasoning" not religion.

You really have a funny way of conceding defeat undecided tongue
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by 4kings: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I acknowledged their contributions in the past . Sorry atheists made no contribution.
Men made contributions. cool tongue

God exhorted man to study
durrh, every religion would say that.

You really have a funny way of conceding defeat undecided tongue
I was never supporting atheism.
So what's the defeat. undecided
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Those people all committed sin during their lives, therefore they were no longer Christians.
Bring the humans who didn't commit sin, a human like YOU.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But Christianity doesn't have archaeology as a doctrine or pillar in its teachings. Would a finding of the Book of Barnabas change the teachings of Christ?

In respect to Reason and logic, does Christianity allow rigorous reasoning of its doctrines or doubt in respect to its teachings?

1 Like

Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Kay17:

But Christianity doesn't have archaeology as a doctrine or pillar in its teachings.

Does atheism have archaeology as a doctrine or pillar in its ideologies

You asked if science validates my beliefs and I agreed by mentioning archaeological science

In respect to Reason and logic

Which no atheist has ever used and will ever use

does Christianity allow rigorous reasoning of its doctrines or doubt in respect to its teachings?

You don't doubt the truth , do you ? Do you doubt you exist ? Do you doubt what you have knowledge of ?

I lack the belief in the existence of God cos I know God exists .

Would a finding of the Book of Barnabas change the teachings of Christ?

Hasn't that being found It stated that Christ did not resurrect - its heretical and heterodox . There are other heretical teachings like Arianism and heretical sect like Mormonism and they never changed anything till date .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Does atheism have archaeology as a doctrine or pillar in its ideologies

You asked if science validates my beliefs and I agreed by mentioning archaeological science a

Which no atheist has ever used and will ever use
You don't doubt the truth , do you ? Do you doubt you exist ? Do you doubt what you have knowledge of ?

I lack the belief in the existence of God cos I know God exists .

Hasn't that being found It stated that Christ did not resurrect - its heretical and heterodox . There are other heretical teachings like Arianism and heretical sect like Mormonism and they never changed anything till date .

No archaeology is not a pillar of atheism. But you easily misunderstand me. I wasn't asking about archeology as a means validation of the Christian Faith but as an internal tool within the religion to reach God.

Doubt is vital to finding the truth. because it renders our presumptions shaky and forces us to questions our presumptions and dig out the truth. Except you assume you were born with the truth doubt is essential.

How do you know God exists and you want to persuade about his existence where would you direct my mind?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

No archaeology is not a pillar of atheism. But you easily misunderstand me. I wasn't asking about archeology as a means validation of the Christian Faith but as an internal tool within the religion to reach God.

Doubt is vital to finding the truth. because it renders our presumptions shaky and forces us to questions our presumptions and dig out the truth. Except you assume you were born with the truth doubt is essential.

@ emboldened text

And you are an atheist ? If you agree that doubt is vital to finding the truth , why then are you an atheist ? How is that logical ?

How do you know God exists and you want to persuade about his existence where would you direct my mind?

Go to a bible believing church and ask for help . There are fellowship groups for people like you . You can ask questions , try to know experiences with God , scrutinize and try it out yourself
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@ emboldened text

1. And you are an atheist ? If you agree that doubt is vital to finding the truth , why then are you an atheist ? How is that logical ?

2 Go to a bible believing church and ask for help . There are fellowship groups for people like you . You can ask questions , try to know experiences with God , scrutinize and try it out yourself

1. I became a skeptic because i doubted my earlier belief in a monotheistic God. If i didn't make that doubt then i wouldn't be here now. But that aside. Imagine an ignorant man with doubt, don't you think he would learn faster if he believed he isn't to hold on to his ignorance?

2. Whenever you talk about bible churches, ask yourself why bibles are special
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

1. I became a skeptic because i doubted my earlier belief in a monotheistic God. If i didn't make that doubt then i wouldn't be here now. But that aside. Imagine an ignorant man with doubt, don't you think he would learn faster if he believed he isn't to hold on to his ignorance?

A skeptic also questions the belief in the non existence of a creator . Why are you not doing that ?

2. Whenever you talk about bible churches, ask yourself why bibles are special

Why do you think bibles are special ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A skeptic also questions the belief in the non existence of a creator . Why are you not doing that ?

Why do you think bibles are special ?

1. You might change my mind again.

2. They are not special to me
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

1. You might change my mind again.

You are missing the point dear . I want to dispel your misconception , God is the one interesting in your soul not me . According to the dictionary , a skeptic is a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.

If you claim to question God's existence then you should be an agnostic - that ambivalence leaves you vacillating between which proposition is true or false or what is factual .

Atheism is the belief God does not exist while agnosticism is the lack of belief in the existence or non existence of God .

For a skeptic , agnosticism is the rational stance on the existence of God no atheism

2. They are not special to me

Why do you think the bible is special to us ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are missing the point dear . I want to dispel your misconception , God is the one interesting in your soul not me . According to the dictionary , a skeptic is a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.

If you claim to question God's existence then you should be an agnostic - that ambivalence leaves you vacillating between which proposition is true or false or what is factual .

Atheism is the belief God does not exist while agnosticism is the lack of belief in the existence or non existence of God .

For a skeptic , agnosticism is the rational stance on the existence of God no atheism

Why do you think the bible is special to us ?

Your dictionary meaning is on point. I thought i should be an agnostic considering the fact atheists couldn't disprove the existence of God especially when negatives are impossible to disprove. But Doubt came along and asked me "who is God?"

But the problem arose how I prove what I can not define and how could i define what i cannot prove. You might be able to solve that conundrum
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

Your dictionary meaning is on point. I thought i should be an agnostic considering the fact atheists couldn't disprove the existence of God especially when negatives are impossible to disprove. But Doubt came along and asked me "who is God?"

But the problem arose how I prove what I can not define and how could i define what i cannot prove. You might be able to solve that conundrum

Let me get this straight dear , did you ask the question "who is God" from a tabula rasa as an atheist or your lack of understanding of who God is made you ask the question after which the absence of a satisfactory answer led you to atheism ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me get this straight dear , did you ask the question "who is God" from a tabula rasa as an atheist or your lack of understanding of who God is made you ask the question after which the absence of a satisfactory answer led you to atheism ?

The latter
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

The latter

Alright .

1. Do you agree that you are no skeptic since your position is incongruous with the definition ?

2. Do you think having a definition for God is a huge step towards providing proof for His existence ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Alright .

1. Do you agree that you are no skeptic since your position is incongruous with the definition ?

2. Do you think having a definition for God is a huge step towards providing proof for His existence ?

2. That is painful obvious and self evident. It is like searching for a black cat that's not in a dark room

1. By skeptic,i left it to mean an opponent or a critic of religions
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The latter
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
Weah96:

Those people all committed sin during their lives, therefore they were no longer Christians.
Bring the humans who didn't commit sin, a human like YOU.

Since I made that statement , you don dey repeat am every where I go . U dey work for MTN grin

Bro , just deal with it , Christians are at the top in every field of study .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kay17:

2. That is painful obvious and self evident. It is like searching for a black cat that's not in a dark room

Not really . Because I can fully describe a fictional character like Harry Potter does not mean he existed or I'm close to proving his existence . See ?

1. By skeptic,i left it to mean an opponent or a critic of religions

Calling you just a skeptic is a misnomer , a religious skeptic is appropriate .

That's why I follow you , to observe and remind you in case you forget smiley
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Weah96: 12:59am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Since I made that statement , you don dey repeat am every where I go . U dey work for MTN grin

Bro , just deal with it , Christians are at the top in every field of study .

You're allowed to clarify. Or deal with it. But you cannot deny the significance of the implication.
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Not really . Because I can fully describe a fictional character like Harry Potter does not mean he existed or I'm close to proving his existence . See ?

2 Calling you just a skeptic is a misnomer , a religious skeptic is appropriate .

That's why I follow you , to observe and remind you in case you forget smiley

1. I absolutely agree.

2. ok
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2016
Kay17:

1. I absolutely agree.

2. ok

But hold on , an atheist still believes there is no creator - this is a tentative conclusion which has to be questioned thoroughly . And you seem comfortable with an ignorant stance - or else you are omniscient . Why ?
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2016
Weah96:

You're allowed to clarify. Or deal with it. But you cannot deny the significance of the implication.

winner01 clarified that - we are striving to attain perfection , to be like Christ and that is what makes us Christians .
Re: Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? by Kay17: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But hold on , an atheist still believes there is no creator - this is a tentative conclusion which has to be questioned thoroughly . And you seem comfortable with an ignorant stance - or else you are omniscient . Why ?

But the question "who is God" remains.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adeboye Urges FG To Emulate Obiano’s Diversification Programme / 8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.