Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State (2198 Views)

Nigeria Needs Ndigbo Now – Saraki / I Support The Struggle For The Independence Of Palestine – Senator Sani Shehu / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Biafra1000: 4:00am On Aug 13, 2016
Emir of Kano,Malam Muhammad Sanusi II, yesterday, called on the
federal government to support free Palestinian state.

The emir said this during a one-day international conference on
Palestine with the theme, “Palestine question; Issues, Challenges and
Actions,” organised by the Center for Promotion of Shari’a in
collaboration with Jama’atut Tajdidil Islamiya and the Afro-Middle
East Center, South Africa held in Kano.

Emir Sanusi lamented that President Goodluck Jonathan’s
administration was to blame for the failure of Palestinian bid to put an
end to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories at the UN
Security Council.

“For decades Nigeria has been in the support of free Palestine until
during the Jonathan era when Nigeria played a vital role in the loss of
Palestinian bid to put an end to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian
territories at the UN Security Council.

“I believe it is time for Nigeria to revisit its stand on Palestine”, the
Emir said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/11/sanusi-blames-jonathan-loss-free-palestinian-state-asks-buhari-support/

1 Like

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Biafra1000: 4:01am On Aug 13, 2016
Biafra: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Biafra Republic – #freeBiafra #freeNnamdiKanu
hypocrites you want to support Palestine abi.?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by hakunajay(m): 4:10am On Aug 13, 2016
Please what business does Nigeria has with Palestinian State? Our leaders should be more focused on Nigerian problems, people are suffering. Unless of course, there's a hidden agenda somewhere.

8 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Gozzzy(m): 4:12am On Aug 13, 2016
person never off the fire wey dey raze down him apartment, e wan go pacify him neighbour pikin wey dey cry. Northern Nigerians shaa..... I wonder the kind raw materials, dem take construct their brains.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Sabadon(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2016
remove d log of wood in ur eyes before u remove d dust in ur neighbors eye....hypocrite s everywhere

12 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by mazimee(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2016
The level of hypocrisy in this entity called Nigeria is overwhelmingly outstanding.

10 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by sathel(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2016
Nah...I disagree undecided

2 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by lovat(m): 7:16am On Aug 13, 2016
Sanusi should Shut Up

13 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by blackpanda: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2016
Just look at the ignorance displayed by some of the people above me. Its like they never went to school or dont bother watching or reading news. If you have no clue about the dispute between palestine and israel, the least u can do is google it or just shut up. Even someone is comparing palestine to biafra Smh
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by NATIONALPASTOR: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2016
#NOBIAFRANOPALESTINE #KILLBIAFRANSKILLPALESTIANS

2 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2016
... the agenda of this muzzies is clearly an international one. You can now see why people are wary of them. Islam has too much political undertones to be treated as a religion

3 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by blackpanda: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2016
fallout87:

You're the foolish one. What is Nigeria's business supporting and focusing on a conflict thousands of miles away when they can't even solve their own countless conflicts in their house?

Will supporting that feed Nigerians? Will it stop the stealing that is currently even more now than when GEJ was in office? Will it recover a dying economy?

Correct your brain!

Hypocrite.

I have reported u. Learn to be civil
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by kernel504(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2016
blackpanda:

I have reported u. Learn to be civil

You are truly a black panda indeed, going by your Moniker.

1 Like

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2016
hakunajay:
Please what business does Nigeria has with Palestinian State? Our leaders should be more focused on Nigerian problems, people are suffering. Unless of course, there's a hidden agenda somewhere.

Every struggle for freedom and justice in any part of the world is everyone's business.

Africa,led by Nigeria , should lend our weight to demand for a free Palestinian State.
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by hakunajay(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
plaetton:

Every struggle for freedom and justice in any part of the world is everyone's business.

Africa,led by Nigeria , should lend our weight to demand for a free Palestinian State.

To what end? Which of Nigerian numerous problems would that solve?
He who his house is on fire does not hunt rats...

2 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by Soreza(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
NIGERIA SHOULD FREE BIAFRA FIRST

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by kutchs: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
plaetton:

Invariably Nigeria should let Biafra go shouldn't she?

5 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
kutchs:

Invariably Nigeria should let Biafra go shouldn't she?

This is not a Biafra thread.

But, The right of self-determination is enshrined in the United Nations charter.

I see no reasons why different ethnic nationalities , who, since 1914, have been unable to build a united, workable nation free from mutual hatred and suspicion , cannot amicably go their separate ways.

1 Like

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by komekn(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
plaetton:

In making your assertion it would be enlightening if you could give some reasons for your opinion.
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
hakunajay:

To what end? Which of Nigerian numerous problems would that solve?
He who his house is on fire does not hunt rats...

I really don't understand you people.
What did it cost you and Nigeria to lend it's support and weight in fight against apartheid in South Africa?

What does it cost you to fight for justice or the human rights of another person or group, no matter how far away they are ?

When the Fulani herdsmen ravaged and murdered hundreds in Benue and other areas, do you not feel pained? Do you not cry out for justice ?

Justice for one human being is justice for you.

If there is no justice for other human beings, no matter their tribe or religion, your own justice is not guaranteed at anytime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
komekn:

In making your assertion it would be enlightening if you could give some reasons for your opinion.

The black race, the African people , have been the recipients of the worst forms of injustice in human history.
We have been enslaved, bought and sold as merchandise, we have been colonized, our lands and resources balkanized, we have been neocolonialized, suffered segregation, discrimination, been culturally genocided, and the list goes on.

We , as a people, should always be the first to stand with oppressed people in any part of the world.
We , of all the races, should empathize with occupied and oppressed people anywhere in the world.

It would be a sad hypocrisy if we could loath oppression and segregation in apartheid South Africa, and then turn a blind eye on more egregious acts of human indignity in Palestine.

Justice for one is justice for All.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by hahn(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
plaetton:

I really don't understand you people.
What did it cost you and Nigeria to lend it's support and weight in fight against apartheid in South Africa?

What does it cost you to fight for justice or the human rights of another person or group, no matter how far away they are ?

When the Fulani herdsmen ravaged and murdered hundreds in Benue and other areas, do you not feel pained? Do you not cry out for justice ?

Justice for one human being is justice for you.

If there is no justice for other human beings, no matter their tribe or religion, your own justice is not guaranteed at anytime.

You mean to say you expect people who strip and burn "thieves" in public to sincerely feel for other people's suffering? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by kutchs: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
plaetton:

This is not a Biafra thread.

But, The right of self-determination is enshrined in the United Nations charter.

I see no reasons why different ethnic nationalities , who, since 1914, have been unable to build a united, workable nation free from mutual hatred and suspicion , cannot amicably go their separate ways.
Yes you are right about the thread not being Biafra's but we can relate the Biafra issue to the Palestine's. The two bother on a peoples' quest to be free from oppression. They are asking to leave so if you support a free Palestinian state you should also support a free Biafra state.

3 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
kutchs:

Yes you are right about the thread not being Biafra's but we can relate the Biafra issue to the Palestine's. The two bother on a peoples' quest to be free from oppression. They are asking to leave so if you support a free Palestinian state you should also support a free Biafra state.
But of course, I support a Free Biafra state.

But the two issues should not be mutually exclusive.
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by DabuIIIT: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
blackpanda:
Just look at the ignorance displayed by some of the people above me. Its like they never went to school or dont bother watching or reading news. If you have no clue about the dispute between palestine and israel, the least u can do is google it or just shut up. Even someone is comparing palestine to biafra Smh
mental

the only thing u did up there is foam in the mouth..
grin

achmed

2 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by komekn(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Plaetton,

With respect I asked a direct question and expected a more concise response.

Not conjecture or comparison assumption.

Simply put give me the reason I should support a Palestinian state. I will remind you that this oldest of conflicts at the center of the world predates Nigeria and even all our great great great grandparents.
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by drss2(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
first class hypocrisy is wen a dullard support d independence of palestine, yet crushes agitators of b..i...a...fra republic.

3 Likes

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plaetton: 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
komekn:
Plaetton,

I will remind you that this oldest of conflicts at the center of the world predates Nigeria and even all our great great great grandparents.

This is grossly false.
Funny enough, it is only amongst Africans that I hear this type of rubbish( no disrespect intended).

This conflict started with the creation of the State of Israel in 1948, has escalated in recent times by the illegal seizures of land and houses from Palestinians in order to build settlements for the so-called returning Jews from Eastern Europe.

Contrary to what most Nigerians ignorantly think, the conflict is not a religious conflict, but a simple land theft or occupation.

Having said that, Israel is there to stay for ever. It is in their best interest for a peaceful resolution that includes the creation of a separate Palestinian state. You can't keep people in an open air prison for ever.
Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by komekn(m): 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
In the context of the United Nations the recognition of Israel as state in 1948 could be said to be somewhat formalised by some.

That's far from the story using factual comparism it's like saying Onitsha came into being in 1914 when Nigeria was amalgamated by the British into a nation state.

I watched Benjamin Netanyahu trace his heritage 2000 years to Jerusalem city of David a city 3800 years old.

How many times has control of Jerusalem changed hands in the last thousand years did that change the ownership of the city of David it's people and it's inheritance.

What I am saying is that temporary control does not give you ownership or changes the very unique historical inheritance of the city of David.

Unless you can give me something more we have nothing to consider. Unless you go down ideological religious sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State by plainol(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
The conflict is about land grabbing. Isreal wants to steal Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Golgotta, West Bank, Gaza and Samaria from the Palestinians so they can complete their imaginary history.

If Palestina is given independence today, they will have definite boundary hence the craze for continuous occupation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Remind Pastor Tunde Bakari On What He Said About Buhari In 2006. / Biafra: My Take On The South-south/ Niger Delta. (igbos Pls Read And Act). / Enyema Bangs The Phone On Senate President - Prompt news

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.