Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story (13578 Views)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Mubi, Adamawa. Many People Killed (Graphic Pics) / Graphic Photos Of People Killed In Aba / Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Court Order,Appears In The Presence Of More Than 10 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2016
vanbonattel:

So he should hide the identity of the criminal because he is from your region?
Firstly, I don't do tribal rants. So if you think I'll be lured by such, no vex, wrong number.

Secondly, you do not just swallow information given to you at face value. This could have been anyone, just anyone. The person the OP is calling Hausa may just have been Kanuri, Fulani or even a non-Nigerian. The OP could be of the opinion that just because he speaks what sounds to him like Hausa, he is Hausa.

Thirdly, this is still irresponsible reportage. It's really at this stage I support a regulation on the use of social media. What identity is the dead man? How has the picture helped you? Are you a medical expert or police man? Who knew what transpired to determine who is a criminal or otherwise.

Lastly, I understand the trend we have here on NL. There's so much hate around that bigotry is publicly celebrated and encouraged. Even the few who pretend to respect human lives lose it when someone from their tribe is involved irrespective of whether the subject is right or wrong. Pfffft!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mbeki: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2016
It beats my imagination how one man can overpower 2 healthy women. This is where physical fitness, guts and self defense comes to play. What stops both women from defending themselves with rocks, sticks, their voice or any means at all? It's a pity, Nigerian girls should learn to be active and learn self defense now that rapist are on the prowl!
NIGERIA and rubbish news everyday!

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2016
If there is anything I have found about this country, it is the realisation that before there can be meaningful peace, justice must be served. A pragmatic realisation so factual, it is depressing.

By any means necessary.

Revolution leads to the birth of equality and the antithesis to oppression.
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2016
Unity in diversity is not working. Let do the needful before we are embroiled in another civil war that is preventable

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by vanbonattel: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

Firstly, I don't do tribal rants. So if you think I'll be lured by such, no vex, wrong number.

Secondly, you do not just swallow information given to you at face value. This could have been anyone, just anyone. The person the OP is calling Hausa may just have been Kanuri, Fulani or even a non-Nigerian. The OP could be of the opinion that just because he speaks what sounds to him like Hausa, he is Hausa.

Thirdly, this is still irresponsible reportage. It's really at this stage I support a regulation on the use of social media. What identity is the dead man? How has the picture helped you? Are you a medical expert or police man? Who knew what transpired to determine who is a criminal or otherwise.

Lastly, I understand the trend we have here on NL. There's so much hate around that bigotry is publicly celebrated and encouraged. Even the few who pretend to respect human lives lose it when someone from their tribe is involved irrespective of whether the subject is right or wrong. Pfffft!

How did you determine the identities of those slaughtered during the 1966 pogroms?

In your mind, what transpired was that the two women tried to rap.e the hausa man and in the process, killed him with a shovel and then hacked each other to death , guy, you need your brain examined by a motor mechanic grin

17 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:
Aside the insensitivity of the OP towards human life and dignity by posting these pictures, I get perplexed when I see narrations colored in tribes.

This is just your account of the story and one does not know what transpired in reality. If a journalist or investigator goes to the scene, you'd hear different narrations. It could have been anything that occurred amongst the parties but this stupid trend of emphasising tribes adds to senseless retaliation and killings. It appears a lot of this generation are not aware of how similar reportage in the 60s contrubuted to the civil war.

A Hausa man this, an Ibibio man that - apparently, the value people place on human lives is all lost when they give emphasis on the categorisation of the carcasses.
bros, you don toast a girl before and she no gree for you? If yes, did you kill her? If no, would you be happy if the said girl is your sister and she was brutally murdered by a heartless fellow? before you judge people for "senseless retaliations and killings" put yourself in their shoes. I don't pray it happen to your sister or your girl friend but when it happened, call the killer and give him the highest chieftaincy in your State of Osun

9 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Lusola15: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2016
this country is very unstable

things are going south

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
bros, you don toast a girl before and she no gree for you? If yes, did you kill her? If no, would you be happy if the said girl is your sister and she was brutally murdered by a heartless fellow? before you judge people for "senseless retaliations and killings" put yourself in their shoes. I don't pray it happen to your sister or your girl friend but when it happened, call the killer and give him the highest chieftaincy in your State of Osun

I suggest you read that post again. Apparently, your deductions from the post has skewed into another drivel. I'd rather rely on professional reportage than 'true stories'.

2 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

The Nigerian Army have been killing protesting igbos and non igbos alike.

Fulani herdsmen have been killing igbos no question asked.

Beheading has persistently occurred in this dispensation and no one has been brought to book.

My dear friend, no one cares about his tribe. Government don't ask questions in this sort of thing so the locals went for him and those he associates with that looks like him. One thing you cannot fault the locals on is that they know the community of like mind he belongs.

Finally, Tribe and ethnicity are interrelated/interwoven but distinct from a logical point of view. Igbos have many ethnic dialects too. Playing emotional card without condemning the action of the barbaric individual is myopic.

10 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by oglalasioux(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2016
I was in a taxi yesterday and a girl started bad mouthing the Hausa driver that he didn't brush his teeth. I had to use Igbo language to caution the girl. These peoples' brain is not the same with ours. The only thing they understand is kill and despoil and they don't mind if they lose theirs.

I bet the girl had been collecting money from the Hausa boy and refused to have sex with him. People should watch who they play games with especially our girls who are going in making a maga out of men.
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Sctests: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Eye witness accounts are usually thr most reliable. Thanks OP for telling it the way it is. Fulani/Hausas should learn to respect their hosts in the SE and SS. Thinking that the SESS are conquered regions because you won an election by intimidating other nigerians is the reason you will always be at loggerheads with SESS.

Until you realize that the SESS don't make good slaves, you will continue to be confronted viciously.

7 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Paretomaster(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2016
tbaba1234:
One man committed a crime and the whole community is paying the price.That's unfair.

I wonder o, and if his brothers decided to do same, d wave of killing will continue ....

u v got the criminal, why going after other innocent ppl?...

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2016
freshvine:

Playing emotional card without condemning the action of the barbaric individual is myopic.

A lot of injustices occur in this country, thus the need to execute justice by some of our people. What I think you are getting wrong is the premise of my post. I don't rush into conclusions but I'd rather read this kind of news with a 'source' rather than relying on a 'true story'. It is the same country a lot of us have been feeding on hearsays and taking it as facts.

That someone killed another person is not something I will support but I'm more interested in a professional reportage of the incident. This has got nothing to do with supporting any of the parties. There's nothing wrong in questioning the information you see before rushing to conclusions.

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:
You just know how bleeped up a country is when people are more interested and happy about the numbers of deaths & casualties recorded by two tribes in an avoidable fracas than they are in the fact human lives have just been wasted.

12 lives cut short just like that, breadwinners, mother, fathers, futures of tomorrow all violently killed without remorse and or second thought.

Everywhere I look in this country, all I see is violence.
my points exactly.
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

I suggest you read that post again. Apparently, your deductions from the post has skewed into another drivel. I'd rather rely on professional reportage than 'true stories'.

You see two female corpse lying down and you're asking for professional reportage?

Ok Vanguard will go there and report : Hausa man unleash carnage in igbo community.

Sun will report : Tears and pain as hausa man rape and killed a young woman and her mother

Thisday will come up with : Bloodbath in South East : hausa man killed villagers.

Punch reports: hausa man slain for wooing an igbo girl

Nation reports : Hausa community attacked, scores killed.

Which is more professional to you than an eye witness account??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2016
freshvine:

My dear friend, no one cares about his tribe.

Lies! Would the fracas have been this full blown had it been the culprit was Igbo from another state or say Edo? Would they have gone on such a reprisal attack?

There is just so much hatred and violence everywhere, innocent lives lost. The Fulanis hate the Igbos, the Igbos hate the Hausas, the Hausas hate the Igbos. Hate, hate hate, this country is doomed mehn!
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2016
freshvine:

You see two female corpse lying down and you're asking for professional reportage?

Which is more professional to you than an eye witness account??
You see two female corpses lying down and you want to draw conclusion by relying on a third party account? I can bet you that if you go there, you'd get different narrations but at least, one variable will be consistent.

I still tell you that anything could have occurred amongst this three and this could be or not be anything related to the OP's account.

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by cutelover19(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2016
...........and one Mr lai Mohammed aka the liar said everywhere in Nigeria is safe. Hypocrisy is defending the indefensible
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by cutelover19(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

oga what's your own with professional reportage? eye witness account was given, I'm guessing you're a hypocritical northerner who wouldn't want the north dragged into controversy so you want "professional reportage" to downplay the ethnicity of the murderer. I know your type and this emphasizes the truth of injustice against the igbos in Nigeria. I bet if it were the opposite, you'd have gone amok on how an igbo killed a Hausa and all. don't bother to quote me, i won't gratify your hypocrisy with a response. goodbye

6 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Paretomaster(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

u have spoken well....

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
cutelover19:

oga what's your own with professional reportage? eye witness account was given, I'm guessing you're a hypocritical northerner who wouldn't want the north dragged into controversy so you want "professional reportage" to downplay the ethnicity of the murderer. I know your type and this emphasizes the truth of injustice again the igbos in Nigeria. I bet if it were the opposite, you'd have gone amok on how an igbo killed a Hausa and all. don't bother to quote me, i won't gratify your hypocrisy with a response. goodbye

You don't know me, yet you claim you know me. This post emphasises what was written earlier. Are you more interested in who died or who from my/your tribe died?

Seeing terms like 'downplay', 'injustice against the Igbos' and 'if it were the opposite' already answers the question.

1 Like

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

You see two female corpses lying down and you want to draw conclusion by a third party account? I can bet you that if you go there, you'd get different narrations but at least, one variable will be consistent.

I still tell you that anything could have occurred amongst this three and this could be or not be anything related to the OP's account.

You're definitely sounding diplomatic. But I still insist that government are not interested in the outcome of conflicts like this one hence the local taking laws their hands.

The igbos are highly educated unlike being brainwashed by their leaders which is the practice obtain from other tribes. They know the story of Nebo where fulani herdsmen went and killed scores of indigenes and even when they sent out SOS to government security agents they didn't get help. Till now no arrest or prosecution and the government is telling these people that those hoodlums are from Libya. Can you imagine?

If the government has handled the situation with uttermost despatch and bring about justice to them, do you think an informed igbo person will use jungle justice to settle score in this situation? It all about government negligence to security issues and the protection of life and property.

The young hausa man that did this crime obviously had been brainwashed and told by whoever to do whatever he can do that he'll surely get away with it. He was obviously waiting for protection but the locals was smarter than him and his cohorts. If he has succeeded and got protected, the narrative would have turned to : Boko haram member on the run kills mother and daughter in imo state by the government and it would've collaborate the initial assertion that Imo state was to be attacked by Boko haram

12 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Mustay(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
freshvine:

The young hausa man that did this crime obviously had been brainwashed and told by whoever to do whatever he can do that he'll surely get away with it. He was obviously waiting for protection but the locals was smarter than him and his cohorts. If he has succeeded and got protected, the narrative would have turned to : Boko haram member on the run kills mother and daughter in imo state by the government and it would've collaborate the initial assertion that Imo state was to be attacked by Boko haram

I agree with you. I understand that in this country, the citizens appear helpless as the relevant authorities will turn a blind eye until a little hole becomes a drainage. Nonetheless, it's because we have fueled divisions amongst ourselves that we have categorised ourselves into derogatory terms.

I won't turn a blind eye to the realities on ground but we need to be careful as a people. The way we narrate stories to fuel ethnic wars needs to be checked.

At the end, the narrative could have been something else but still involving the three individuals.

In the past, we have seen how 'padded' stories caused needless and stupid ethnic wars.
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Byko899(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:

A lot of injustices occur in this country, thus the need to execute justice by some of our people. What I think you are getting wrong is the premise of my post. I don't rush into conclusions but I'd rather read this kind of news with a 'source' rather than relying on a 'true story'. It is the same country a lot of us have been feeding on hearsays and taking it as facts.

That someone killed another person is not something I will support but I'm more interested in a professional reportage of the incident. This has got nothing to do with supporting any of the parties. There's nothing wrong in questioning the information you see before rushing to conclusions.
if you find any professional news that is 98% different from my story,inform me I will send you 2k recharge card with an apology too.

5 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:

Lies! Would the fracas have been this full blown had it been the culprit was Igbo from another state or say Edo? Would they have gone on such a reprisal attack?

There is just so much hatred and violence everywhere, innocent lives lost. The Fulanis hate the Igbos, the Igbos hate the Hausas, the Hausas hate the Igbos. Hate, hate hate, this country is doomed mehn!

If an edo man kills an igbo, he'll be arrested, charge to court and the full weight of the law will be prescribed on him.

If an hausa man kill an igbo man, you can't even arrest him. If you do the emir of Kano takes him on bail or one kwakwanso and justice dies.

If an igbo man kills an edo man, he faces the consequence an edo man will face if reverse is the case.

If an igbo man kills an hausa man, he get killed even inside a police station and others of his tribesmen suffer same consequence until the government is satisfied that situation is even.

Now draw the analogy

8 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
Macelliot:

Mumu!
If an Igbo dude did this in the North, the entire life of all the Igbos in the 19 northern states would be endangered..
Hausa/fulanis and blood-sucking are twin.

RIP to the dead.
like wise if an ibo is hanged in indonasia to,drugs international commity all call us nigerians and we,suffer srutinity because of ibo and drugs
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
Byko899:
if you find any professional news that is 98% different from my story,inform me I will send you 2k recharge card with an apology too. something I witness first hand, though people like me hate sight of blood,I stayed a little distance while my friend who has stronger hearth take the pictures,the DPO being an Hausa man knows there was little he could do when he tried to move the corps and the youths resisted ,that he might bury them in the bush and claim nothing happened, he left ,rushed to the markets and inform the Hausa there to Run, the victims were those people on bike and the people in there house who does not know what was happening.
Heaven bear me witness that I can never support wasting human lives like this,blood is something that is very powerful,it has the capacity to hunt both the perpetrator and the children

If you're truly from akokwa, I will employ you to stop spreading this news further. Instead of you to suppress, you're broadcasting.
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by funkyibodude(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mustay:
Aside the insensitivity of the OP towards human life and dignity by posting these pictures, I get perplexed when I see narrations colored in tribes.

This is just your account of the story and one does not know what transpired in reality. If a journalist or investigator goes to the scene, you'd hear different narrations. It could have been anything that occurred amongst the parties but this stupid trend of emphasising tribes adds to senseless retaliation and killings. It appears a lot of this generation are not aware of how similar reportage in the 60s contrubuted to the civil war.

A Hausa man this, an Ibibio man that - apparently, the value people place on human lives is all lost when they give emphasis on the categorisation of the carcasses.
As much as I concur with your write up about justice, but you have to know that we are at war here in this country, most of these Igbo indigenes are displaced persons from the north some of them relocated to their respective villages because of sectarian crisis. I remember one trader who lost his wife and only daughter alongside with his properties in the north he only came back with his T. Shirt and trouser he was putting on, that was during the sharia riots. He came back to his village empty handed, his story is similar to many out there. So these people have had their own bitter side of justice, and you come to their own land and try rubbish. If the story is authentic then the Hausa folk deserves what he got. I just pity the innocent ones killed. But again like I said we are at war here, and everyone is a victim including myself and yourself. Though I pray it shall never befall any of us or our loved ones.

3 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Jlow2: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Byko899:
Akokwa in IMO state
Akokwa, ideato north local government , imo state
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by drss2(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
there's a story of a christian woman who helped a hausa fulani man out of crude poverty employing him a house help. same man latter burned her house during their jihadic mission in d 90s. never trust a northerner. they ar all potential terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by freshvine(f): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
Stop giving out location and identity you these brat. Most of the people littered here are agent of destruction.

And change your title to : Fracas in my community or Hausas and akokwa indigenes clash
Re: More Than 10 Hausa People Killed In akokwa Community, The True Story by Macelliot(m): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Alikote:
like wise if an ibo is hanged in indonasia to,drugs international commity all call us nigerians and we,suffer srutinity because of ibo and drugs
As if you cared.

More than 20 were convited.

Every nation pleaded with indonesia to make their citizens released. What did Nigeria gov't do? Nothing.

3 out of the 4 finally executed were Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Shares Video Of Trump Saying Buhari Is Fighting Corruption / Obono-obla Blames Osinbajo Over ICPC Probe, Sues ICPC / LASTMA To Adopt New System Of Booking Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.