Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670970 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sambasten: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

Hi, how much scholarship/financial aid were you given? I also got admitted to a uni in Ohio, but didn't go 'cos it's 100% scholarship on books, but 20% scholarship on tuition.

I got none oh. Thats even why I posted this. which school is yours? 20% should cover first semester tuition at least
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2016
Guys i just came across this on NL in past post....Please how true is it
I know for sure that all schools upload all the documents you used in securing your admission(Test Score reports, Statement of Account, SOP, Recommendation Letters e.t.c) to the SEVIS database and the VO looks them up.

Please who has had cause to change the statement of acct he use for admission and to another he use for Visa Interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello folks. please I'm considering applying for Graduate assistant (with full tuition waiver and stipends) for US schools but I saw proof of funds...despite seeking for fully funded assistantship...what does that mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
fatanu:
Guys i just came across this on NL in past post....Please how true is it
I know for sure that all schools upload all the documents you used in securing your admission(Test Score reports, Statement of Account, SOP, Recommendation Letters e.t.c) to the SEVIS database and the VO looks them up.

Please who has had cause to change the statement of acct he use for admission and to another he use for Visa Interview
All schools? where did you get that infomation from? I dont even know of any school that does that and yes you can use different SOA provided that it matches what is stated on your i20. e.g like if its stated that 'family fund' you can use any of your family members but i have heard of schools that specifically state the name of the exact family member, if that is the case, i don't it will be wise to change it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
ridsan4real:
Hello folks! please how do u guys choose schools which are far from major cities? for e.g schools in kansas, missouri, Kentucky, Connecticut are far from New York, Washington, Atlanta, Houston in which there is direct flight from Nigeria? do u join domestic flight or bus to ur destination on arrival in US?
Just book another flight from anywhere you stop or boo a greyhound or gotobus. I once used greyhound from newyork to Charlotte. Its not bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
femi321:
All schools? where did you get that infomation from? I dont even know of any school that does that and yes you can use different SOA provided that it matches what is stated on your i20. e.g like if its stated that 'family fund' you can use any of your family members but i have heard of schools that specifically state the name of the exact family member, if that is the case, i don't it will be wise to change it

saw it on past post...guess its a wrong info the guy pass.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
gentledoj:

Please, wen d plane land! Will I work into the arrival Hall or wat?
And how to locate the boarding gate u are talking abt?

You don't have to worry this much..Just have your complete itinerary printed out and ask questions from flight attendants, or even people at the airport. Don't be afraid to, and don't always assume everybody is going your way. The key here is ask questions ...since it seems it's your first time out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

Tuition is paid per session nah, and not per semester. So how much do you need to pay on tuition now that you have no scholarship? My sch is UD, and I needed to pay about 30,000 dollars per session even after the 20% scholarship.

Most tuition is actually calculated per year but paid per semester ......... In my first year i paid the whole year which i thought was the process only for Student Acc depart to chase me up and down to come collect as they do per semester . I was like NO ooooo . i no wan chop the money but they wrote me a cheque anyway that i must pay per semester .

Different school different policy but a lot pay per semester

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Most tuition is actually calculated per year but paid per semester ......... In my first year i paid the whole year which i thought was the process only for Student Acc depart to chase me up and down to come collect as they do per semester . I was like NO ooooo . i no wan chop the money but they wrote me a cheque anyway that i must pay per semester .

Different school different policy but a lot pay per semester

Okay, what sch was that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by PerfectGentuman: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hello... I need some help. I have a 3.85 g.p.a and sat score of october 2016- 1300. Can someone help with list of schools that can give full ride scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
PerfectGentuman:
Hello... I need some help. I have a 3.85 g.p.a and sat score of october 2016- 1300. Can someone help with list of schools that can give full ride scholarship

3.85 on a scale of what? You'll get a full ride for your first year at Berea College, and a full tuition subsequently.

However, try out New York University, Abu Dhabi. You'll get a full scholarship on tuition, accomodation, feeding, books, flight expenses to visit at least one country in each continent, stipend, flight expenses to and from your country twice a year. No kidding, but highly competitive!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sambasten: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

Okay, what sch was that?

Yeah,Shes right. Most tuition is per semester. I stayed away from UD when i discovered they only give GAs to residents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
sambasten:

Yeah,Shes right. Most tuition is per semester. I stayed away from UD when i discovered they only give GAs to residents.

What's GA?
How much tuition do you have to pay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by 2300specialk: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good evening famz,
I am a graduate of Political Science from the University of Ilorin, I am planning on going for my Msc. in the same field comes fall 2017. I need the help of the house in knowing the procedure to take, the schools to check out with special consideration to tuition fee.
Thanks for your usual assistance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sambasten: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

What's GA?

Graduate Assistantship. Mehn like 22000dols per year. The prof I mailed was ready to take me in for next fall but i still have to fend for myself this spring. Will rather wait till next fall and get a better offer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
In July, I can't wait to leave Nigeria.
In October, I can't wait for the semester to end.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
neurosci:

What's GA?

Ga not really applicable to undergrad.... yours will be scholarships
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
Walspring:

Noted sir!
Can I take it as apology accepted? Does that mean you're okay assisting me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
larmeedeh:
has anyone paid visa fee online as a Gtbank user ?
queue is crazy n I've d option of paying online , want to b sure how it works ?
Plss who has tried it before
With all this change you're playing with #54400?? Walk to the bank it won't take up to ten minutes..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
OluDare01:
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
Airich01:

With all this change you're playing with #54400?? Walk to the bank it won't take up to ten minutes..
Lool true . I'll do just that .
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
sambasten:

Graduate Assistantship. Mehn like 22000dols per year. The prof I mailed was ready to take me in for next fall but i still have to fend for myself this spring. Will rather wait till next fall and get a better offer.

Oh, so you were talking about graduate?? I never knew o, considering that you said you wrote the SAT! I thought you were talking about high school GPA calculated on your transcript. So, why did you write the SAT for graduate nah?? May God provide for you o.

MODIFIED

Lol, sorry. I actually misquoted you. I took you for that guy asking for a full ride.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Ga not really applicable to undergrad.... yours will be scholarships

Okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
LagosismyHome:

On your boarding paper /pass d airline gives when u check in would be the boarding gate no And boarding time or in some cases d no wont be out ontime so u would be told to look at the board to get your boarding gate ....i am.talking of your connecting flight. So your boarding gate is the area of an airport where passenger for that particular flight would wait and also enter the plane from.... most airports are big so u need to know where in d airport they will lead u into the plane . That called a boarding gate and be there on time as well because after some time boarding closes

Regarding into arrival hall i dont know if u mean in relation to your connecting flight or your final direction. however its easy , u see what others are doing just observe and follow. .....even if u are doing it wrong someone will correct u... JJC is ok too no problem. .... alsoask any airport staff for clarification. They are usually helpful

Ok... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Gunnerson: 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
OluDare01:
Baba how far? I hail o... Abeg how we fit connect? I need relate some things with you.
Yinkdj@gmail.com is the mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good day all, i appreciate ur efforts in ensuring success for everyone here. God will reward u all.

Pls i want to know if VOs normally check for one's information online during interview. For example, d VO searches google to get details on LinkedIn, company's website, etc just to confirm if d answers given by d candidates are true. Can dis really happen?

Reason why i want to know is because, i already hav an M.Sc here in 9ja and I'm going for another M.Sc in d US and i never mentioned dis in my application and all that. But it can be seen on my organization's website n some other professional sites.

Advice pls. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
mcearnie:
Good day all, i appreciate ur efforts in ensuring success for everyone here. God will reward u all.

Pls i want to know if VOs normally check for one's information online during interview. For example, d VO searches google to get details on LinkedIn, company's website, etc just to confirm if d answers given by d candidates are true. Can dis really happen?

Reason why i want to know is because, i already hav an M.Sc here in 9ja and I'm going for another M.Sc in d US and i never mentioned dis in my application and all that. But it can be seen on my organization's website n some other professional sites.

Advice pls. Thanks

I usually pefer honesty and consistency which reduces your worry...

however back to the topic. , interview is less than 5 mins or 2 mins self so which time will Vo have to be googling such . also loads of people have same name so even if your name it is possible someone else is bearing d same name. it happens in Nigeria even in the USA...... i had two classmates with same first name , middle name and surname. .. it almost impossible but i actually did have two classmates like that .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by 9jaRising: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
HELLO HOUSE, ON THE APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PAGE, IS IT A MUST THAT THE MIDDLE NAME SHOULD BE ON IT, CAN IT JUST CONTAIN THE FIRST AND THE LAST NAME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
OluDare01:

Longest time!!!

I no see ur break light again........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
biikeys:

You don't have to worry this much..Just have your complete itinerary printed out and ask questions from flight attendants, or even people at the airport. Don't be afraid to, and don't always assume everybody is going your way. The key here is ask questions ...since it seems it's your first time out

Yes sir... Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.