Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674393 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ononi123: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Sorry for your delay

You can apply next day ....but thats not the main issue . defending the above is very difficult so becareful even if u apply again and that still becomes an issue then u are just dashing them visa fee .....blc if u look at it wellhow can u go from Bsc to associate that moving backwards

So what do you advice i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xkunzo(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2016
bbn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Shakitibob0: 11:47am On Oct 28, 2016
I love this wonderful house...

Please who has paid school fees with form A recently?

Which bank does it on your behalf?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Depends on your service provider. My Whatsapp call works fine like 90% of the time.
I don't understand why everyone is talking about paying.
Or is there something I'm missing out.
Please enlighten me.

Really .........Most of my Whatapp calls to Nigeria , US, UK are usually rubbish , keeps breaking and reconnecting . I dont use it for that reason
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ononi123:

So what do you advice i do?

Maybe work on this that you said the VO said
you are not qualified at this but you may wish to try again when your reason for applying changes.
I rather you apply for a BSC or MSC since you have a BSC and not CC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
9jaRising:
HELLO HOUSE, ON THE APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PAGE IT ONLY CARRY THE FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME, NOT INCLUDING THE MIDDLE NAME, WILL THAT CAUSE A PROBLEM AT THE EMBASSY AND I CANCEL APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF THAT I HOPE THE VISA FEE CAN STILL BE USE AND WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THAT

It wont cause any problem but you can contact them via feedback profile to include it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
mcearnie:
Thanks alot. This really helps.

Yea, not trying to lie but to avoid too many questions ni o

Is better to have too much question and answer them to get your visa rather than lieing all in the name of hiding to avoid too much question
Fesobi92:
@lagsmacrib
@walspring
Pls kindly check your e-pigeonhole...

pm replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
DeeTus:
Buhari has a very good plan for Nigeria but the problem here is, the past administration messed up the whole place before leaving.

Blaming this man everyday cannot solve any problem. At least, stealing has been controlled for now. It's no longer rob Peter to pay Paul.

Nigeria will bounce back if only everybody could make it happen. The Chinese experienced the same thing but look at where they are today. It's all about working together to make the country great again.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but he gave out majority of dollars to just single person and you and i are crying beforewe could get $$$ and begging to buy or spend above $100 in a month

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Airich01:
Guys please help o.. What is the size of the picture I'm meant to use on my ds160?? Is it the normal ID Card size or is it.. 5cm by 5cm....

5cm by 5cm

or

2inch by 2inch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ononi123:
Hello house i a silent follower of this trade.....

I was denied on tuesday....i got admission to study an associate degree in nursing in a community college in Maryland in August this year but i have a BSc in Human physiology so VO said why go for an associate degree when you have a Bsc already? i wanted to defend it....he just handed me the pink leaflet...you are not qualified at this but you may wish to try again when your reason for applying changes.

I want to ask...how long is the waiting time before re-applying?
Thank you.

The vo concluded because the VO felt you did the wrong thing and the road is already cleared for you to see and do the right thing..

Wake up and leave that your adviser who advised you to go for CC and i feel sorry because same money you spent on the CC can be spend on a university as well..

Go and apply for new Bsc or Msc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Governoryomi:
In as much as i wouldn't want to derail the purpose of this thread, i will also not shy away from quickly reacting to your post.
We all have to be frank here, governance is continuum, you inherit both the assets and liabilities. You need not to throw blames at anyone, if you are sincere, have your plans and also up to the task. This govt hasn't been encouraging, lack focus and experienced managers. Fortunately, the govt inherited more of assets that could be easily capitalised and consolidated upon for our national progress, than liabilities, from the immediate past administration. But the govt seems to be only interested in the assets, while they quickly do away with the liabilities by throwing unnecessary jabs at past administration.
This administration from all indications, doesn't have the masses at heart, its all about victimisation and hunting of shadows.
Unfortunately what we are presently witnessing in the country in the political and administrative strata is all a game plan of 2019. The El-rufai, Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi, Amosun, Mamman Daura, et al have formed another cabal, gotten hold of the govt from Buhari who has since lost being in charge, the reason an Aisha cried out recently. All in the bid to spoil the Fulani's man administration, make him worthless and unelectable by 2019 (if he eyes it by then), as El-rufai/Amaechi presidential ambition for 2019 is the major cause of our woes in the country at the moment. You can doubt this, but past events and future events will keep justifying it.

All be it, its not an unfamiliar political terrain. God will rise up at the right time to deliver us.

Nah here you dey carry first... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Really .........Most of my Whatapp calls to Nigeria , US, UK are usually rubbish , keeps breaking and reconnecting . I dont use it for that reason

Sorry about that, I am sure you called people using Mtn and glo network.... The most useless network in Nigeria are Mtn and Glo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
9jaRising:
HELLO HOUSE, ON THE APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION PAGE, IS IT A MUST THAT THE MIDDLE NAME SHOULD BE ON IT, CAN IT JUST CONTAIN THE FIRST AND THE LAST NAME

it is not a must
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
mcearnie:
Good day all, i appreciate ur efforts in ensuring success for everyone here. God will reward u all.

Pls i want to know if VOs normally check for one's information online during interview. For example, d VO searches google to get details on LinkedIn, company's website, etc just to confirm if d answers given by d candidates are true. Can dis really happen?

Reason why i want to know is because, i already hav an M.Sc here in 9ja and I'm going for another M.Sc in d US and i never mentioned dis in my application and all that. But it can be seen on my organization's website n some other professional sites.

Advice pls. Thanks

i think the VO should come and answer the bold aspect

is better you go back and fill your nigeria MSc in your profile and going for Msc in another field is an added advantage during your interview because you should be ready to state why this new field and if possible lecture the VO as well..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
Airich01:
Can I take it as apology accepted? Does that mean you're okay assisting me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Airich01:

With all this change you're playing with #54400?? Walk to the bank it won't take up to ten minutes..

Not a good advise at all when she can get it done on her GTB internet banking profile while all the stress and wasting of transport and long queue inside the bank?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
OluDare01:
In July, I can't wait to leave Nigeria.
In October, I can't wait for the semester to end.

It is well and to God be the glory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
larmeedeh:

Lool true . I'll do just that .
thanks

Lol... to me you about to stress yourself..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
femi321:
All schools? where did you get that infomation from? I dont even know of any school that does that and yes you can use different SOA provided that it matches what is stated on your i20. e.g like if its stated that 'family fund' you can use any of your family members but i have heard of schools that specifically state the name of the exact family member, if that is the case, i don't it will be wise to change it

someone once posted that in her school they do such but i believe US government/embassy can do such..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Walspring:

Sorry about that, I am sure you called people using Mtn and glo network.... The most useless network in Nigeria are Mtn and Glo

Egbon, leave my glo alone.
Funny enough, it doesnt give me problems, but I understand most people don't enjoy Glo.
And hey! They've made data quite cheap grin
Its even more reliable than my spectranet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
fatanu:
Guys i just came across this on NL in past post....Please how true is it
I know for sure that all schools upload all the documents you used in securing your admission(Test Score reports, Statement of Account, SOP, Recommendation Letters e.t.c) to the SEVIS database and the VO looks them up.

Please who has had cause to change the statement of acct he use for admission and to another he use for Visa Interview

Someone talked about such before and why are you afraid, its possible to have double sponsor or change sponsor i could remember that girl named Laura in 2014 or 2015 i cant remember the exact year, she used her dad but went with his uncle statement and she got her visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
sholly91:
Visa approved this morning at the Lagos embassy. I have been a silent follower of this thread, I must I gained a lot...knowledge is power. Me.....Good morning Ma. Vo...Good morning pass me your documents. Vo....why are you going to the US. Me.....am going to the US for masters in health sciences. Vo....how many schools did you apply to? Me.....3. Vo Name then? Western Illinois university, western Virginia and wright state uni(na only 2 Sch I apply for sha). Why western Illinois university? I found an ongoing research at the department of Heath with aligns with my area of interest. So tell me what is health sciences? Health sciences is an interdisciplinary field that centers on promoting quality lifestyle and diseases reduction. Vo..so tell me about your research interest... me..it is actually HPV(human papilloma virus)this virus is known to be cause of major cancers; especially cervical cancer. Vo...Are you coming back or staying back in the US to continue your research...I am coming to Nigeria, at this time HPV awareness in Nigeria still very low, even recently American association of clinical gynecologist recommend HPV screening as the primary screening for cervical cancer. Vo....did you take jamb. Me.....jamb, I am going for a masters degree. Vo....who is sponsoring you. Me.....my aunt and her husband. Vo.....what does she do. Me...she is into oil and gas...she has filling stations and cooking gas plant within Lagos...showed her bank statement and fixed deposit funds. What does your parent do? My dad is an hotelier while my mum sells sugar, rice and wheat in wholesale scale. Congratulations ..I will be approving ur visa. I didn't hear any single thing after this. Thanks @warriboy for helping out with my SEVIS fee....I wasn't coherent with my response at the beginning but after a while I gained my confidence back..

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

Cheers!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
larmeedeh:
has anyone paid visa fee online as a Gtbank user ?
queue is crazy n I've d option of paying online , want to b sure how it works ?
Plss who has tried it before

Yes and it was successful but make sure you have printer connected to your laptop or computer or save the receipt page, make sure you use google chrome if you don't have printer connected to your device and saved it on your laptop as pdf file

If you make payment and it went through but didn't show you confirmation page and your money was deducted, do not make payment again just contact GTbank card services or customer care they will get it done from their end and send you the receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Femalin:
@ WAlspring
it is university GPA and Ghana is not there in d Wes gp calculator when I was trying to do it

Try ECE but you didn't answer my question.

Did you school asked you to evaluate your transcript? so that you will not waste your money..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
ridsan4real:
Hello folks! please how do u guys choose schools which are far from major cities? for e.g schools in kansas, missouri, Kentucky, Connecticut are far from New York, Washington, Atlanta, Houston in which there is direct flight from Nigeria? do u join domestic flight or bus to ur destination on arrival in US?

Students chose school based on their choice and that suit and match their profile and finances..

You can get connecting flight when you land in any US airport if there is no direct flight to your destination

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
gentledoj:

Will my time ( wrist watch) frm Nigeria still correct with the boarding time please?

Nope it wont.. If you are using iphone i just go to your clock and add the country time and make use of that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ononi123: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
Walspring:

The vo concluded because the VO felt you did the wrong thing and the road is already cleared for you to see and do the right thing..

Wake up and leave that your adviser who advised you to go for CC and i feel sorry because same money you spent on the CC can be spend on a university as well..

Go and apply for new Bsc or Msc

Thank you for your response...please can you recommend any school for me that i can apply to for Msc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrsmith11(m): 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ononi123:

Thank you for your response...please can you recommend any school for me that i can apply to for Msc?

You can go for B.sc nursing

Try university of south alabama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ononi123:

www.gradschools.com

you will see many schools that fit your profile

if you are still below 26 or 27 apply for bsc if not go for msc if i am not wrongd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Please house, how can I research about professors and their researches that relates to my course as an international student in the school...thanks

you can check the school you are applying to and see their prof and the research they have done as well and that will give you more insight on what next
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
Walspring:

i think the VO should come and answer the bold aspect

is better you go back and fill your nigeria MSc in your profile and going for Msc in another field is an added advantage during your interview because you should be ready to state why this new field and if possible lecture the VO as well..
I thought of that. It would have been better if i am going for another field or an MBA. I did my first in Information Technology and i'm going for Computer Science now. I did computer science as first degree. I will work arnd it anyways. Thanks alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.