Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670815 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 7:39am On Dec 10, 2016
deWav:
@codedove, Kindly expatiate on how you went about it. Just for record purposes as many will benefit.
.. Here's what I did .. I hope it works for you. I got to the Skool that issued me my i120, went to the international student admission officer,told them point blank that the person I intend staying with relocated to another city and I have to transfer over there for a semester. I promised to transfer back but I never did because community college tuition was cheaper compared to universities.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by deWav: 7:45am On Dec 10, 2016
@codedove So it is likely u secured an admit in the CC before travelling, hope I'm right.
How did you know about the Uni's transfer policy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2016
deWav:

Thanks for this. Will it be proper asking the grad cord even before submitting one's application?

if the grad cord is not an international student. ...he or she might not know . but u can contact the school international office and make the inquiry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akin3102(m): 7:52am On Dec 10, 2016
Where in Texas are you. Would be coming to Dallas for xmas
codedove:
. Cool!!.. i finished from Physics Electronics /2012. I need nairalander who Skool in Texas make we hangout.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2016
deWav:
@codedove So it is likely u secured an admit in the CC before travelling, hope I'm right.
How did you know about the Uni's transfer policy?
. It depends on the Skool policy and also how convincing you are . I know of Texas and Oklahoma very well , it doesn't take up to 2 /3 days to get transfer it approved. Everything is well structured down here but I must warn you.... it's easier to get an on campus job in a university compared to a Community college ..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Stewee(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2016
honeyad:

I'll message you bro..

Roger!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2016
Temitope91:

VO: why are u going to the United States?
Me: am going there to study nursing and my program will last for 3years after which am coming back to Nigeria
VO: have u travelled before
Me:no av not
VO: who's sponsoring you
Me:my uncle
VO: did u take any exam
Me:no
VO:are you working presently
Me: yes in one private secondary Sch near where I live
And that was all

sorry for your denial but nursing always a red flag. then no exams also red flag ..... we have said here in NL that doing test adds to credibility . ...also if u dont mind how old are you ? ... blc is this another bsc or first bsc

but most importantly in the response of your work which is KEY .... u are in a private school which has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare . so really u didn't sell yourself to relate anything to nursing ... usually interview can last less than 2 mins so u need to be quick about making your passion for your course known

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by codedove: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2016
akin3102:
Where in Texas are you. Would be coming to Dallas for xmas
. I live in Dallas . I should be around during xmas except flexing carry pesin go somewhere else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 8:01am On Dec 10, 2016
You guys are talking about transfers, but I don't really understand. Can someone pls make it clearer? Let's consider this scenario.

If you gained admission into the University of Notre Dame, for example; HOW and WHEN can you transfer your admission to Xavier University? Do you have to get to the US before requesting that your admission be transferred to Xavier University or can you do it all the way from Nigerian before even getting a visa at all? And some people are saying you must have been admitted to Xavier before you can transfer there. If you must have been admitted already, why would you need a transfer anymore? How about in a situation where Xavier needs an SAT but University of Notredame doesn't, would Xavier be able to accept your transfer since you didn't take that exam to get into Notredame. In fact, are you guys talking about transfers for graduates or undergraduates?

I need someone to expatiate on this whole transfer thing, please.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 10, 2016
Temitope91:

Me: am going there to study nursing and my program will last for 3years after which am coming back to Nigeria
And that was all
Sorry about your denial. From your transcript, I could see that you gave out information in which you weren't to give and sounded a little bit desperate and so you got denied.

You lost it in the first and second question. Why are going to the United States. The response should be; I am going to the US for a bachelor's degree in Nursing (if it's a bachelor) and you close your mouth unless the VO asked for your study plan, then you can explain all these.

The second question is; Have you travelled out of this country. And finally, are you currently working? Yes, in a high school and it's close to where I live. This is not a good response. Did he or she asked where you currently work. Even if it's very close to where you live, you shouldn't say it. Your job is to say the name of the school or organization and again keep your mouth closed. PM me next weekend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2016
dickoflife:
yes... you havent asked after me.
Oh sorry man, I thought you were busy with some end time girls. grin

Hope you're doing cool?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by wilie247(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2016
I am a silent observer here.... See how it went... 9th of December 2016. I had my interview. It was a 8:30AM appointment. My first time ever to appear at any embassy. It was really an experience… especially.. with the American Embassy... compared to other embassies that are almost without patrons around there.. I got there early and shortly a lady came to call up 7:00, 7:15,7:30, 8:00,8:15 AND 8:30 Appontments… I joined… but I carried a bag… during the checkup… they found hair and shoe brushes in my bag.. they said I should go back and dispose them… I went to look for how to keep it… (but I had to part with N500 to a lady who initially wanted #1000.. just to watch over my bag for less than 2hrs… pls better don’t go with any bag or gadgets.. their don’ts are too much.. u may not notice one in ur bag… )… while preparing for this interview i Prayed and fasted.. even went to prayer mountains few times to redeem this day… one or two pastors also gave their prayers and decree.. for my favour.. Interview transcripts…
After the initial checkup and protocols.. and the Finger print capture… I joined the queue where I have noticed a white lady VO at window 3 who was just releasing blue paper form reject to people as if it was a yuletide gift. Others where even smiling and giving some people white paper admit after few interrogation but she wasn’t.
Then I was asked by the CGI young man directing people to go to window 3. Then I went and waited while pleading the blood of Jesus and Cabaashing… I saw a blue reject issued again to the person am to replace immediately she finished with him… then She said Next…
I went and the conversation goes thus.

Me: Good morning…. I maintained eye contact and spoke with boldness… (just as I have learnt from NL)
VO: Good Morning (she was not even smiling)
Then I passed my documents(Passport, I-20 and Sevis FEE receipt.)
VO: She collected them and released a smile as she saw F1(Student Visa);
VO: Started Typing… what are your study plans;
Me: I plan to do my PHD Degree in Computer Science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, starting from January 2017-December 2021(I had always memorized it as it is stated in my i20 before)… I would firstly do my preliminary exams, then I do my course works… having finished I will do my qualifying exams.. then I would start my dissertation research….(as I have read it in my schools website before…).. Immediately the VO heard dissertation she said ok.. ok..
VO: Started typing… then said do you have a Master’s Degree?
Me: Yes
VO: OK… why do you need a phd Degree?
Me: I want to become an academic and a credible researcher and for that to happen I would need a phd degree.
VO: where did you do your Master’s degree..
Me: The University of Ibadan..
VO: what have you been doing since you graduated?
Me: I just finished this year…
VO: OK….(then she started typing).. What’s your major in your master’s degree?
Me: computer science
VO: Who is your sponsor
Me: My uncle.. Professor *****
VO: What is it like to do a phd degree…
Me:… I briefly lost my balance by the question… then I said what… then She repeated..
Me:…( I just improvised few words together)… you have to do the course work and do your dissertation documentation which you have to defend…
VO: Do you have a research topic for your dissertation?
Me: No, Not yet…….. But my research areas are Bioinformatics, machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence…. And I have been communicating with one of my professors in my school
VO: Then she shook her head in affirmation….. And stretched to bring the white paper and pushed it to me along with my I-20…. (She also add one invitation slip by one educationUSA for students orientation program).…. you will need this i20 at the point of entry… come next week to collect your passport and visa at DHL Victoria Island… she said.
Me: thank you.

My Key verse before the interview was : “The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. ” (Pro 21:1 ). All thanks be to God.

All the best friends… thanks to all those who posted their transcripts… and everyone who took time out to criticize and encourage men and brethren… I greet you all….

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by beautysky: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2016
djmakson:
You presented your old passport when you should have shown the valid one. However, what matters is the pin on that GTBank receipt. That's what enables you to book an appointment. You are fine.

Djmakson and Texrem thank you so much for your response. you got me there :-).. I beat myself so hard for the silly mistake... ..., If I get you clearly please.... I may proceed with my appointment booking without much worry about the passport number issue when I go for interview right?...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adamatrump: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2016
[quote author=deWav post=51791332][/quote]
thanx man. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by promentoxp: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2016
KELVIN086:
Goodday house , i am trying to pay to UEMS to have my i20 delivered to me using fedex(105 dollars) , but there is no option for paying with credit card from nigeria.
Please for those that have passed this stage kindly assist me on how to pay.
I paid for mine through paypal. You have to create a paypal account. www.paypal.com abi na .ng.. try any of the url..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrjojo: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2016
imperiouxx4:
@ LUCAS99

I've met lot of people from here (nl) that initially came to US as students but immediately registered their names as undocumented immigrants from the day 1. They are walking on the street happy even though they have their predicament. No one told you reinstatement happens within short time or your school won't get pissed at you. You will definitely find another schools that will take you after the reinstatement, but now you started acting funny.

The part that bemused me is the psychosis, depression and suicidal behaviors....... what a bad combination on your medical record (though protected by hipaa). Hey you're from Nigeria, you were born and raised to be tough. You should have told them your problem is not psychosis but paper related. They should have given you paper and see your problems gone within the next minute.

Your situation shouldn't have led you to "Risperdal" of all medications. I would believe you don't have family history of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, correct me if I'm wrong. Being on long term Risperdal not only messes with your brain but also your hormones, don't be surprised if you have a erectile dysfunction (you're just looking a girl in the face) or gynecomastia (you show up one day with succulent b.reasts).

Let me know when you're online, I will refer you to my wife who's an extern psychiatrist in psychiatry hospital. As a student, she has handled some cases of psychosis, depression and suicidal, I believe she would be able to counsel you just for favor.

Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 10:38am On Dec 10, 2016
promentoxp:

I paid for mine through paypal. You have to create a paypal account. www.paypal.com abi na .ng.. try any of the url..
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by success06: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2016
@zeezahbee

Hello sis.. My name is Success. Pls i wish to discuss something personal to u. Pls kindly send me your email to mine #ozaghaagatha@gmail.com so we can talk privately.

Thanks Sis and have a great evening.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2016
Chiezzh:
This answer also
Vo why biomedical engineering
Me Biomedical reserch experemce will introduce me to design principles within biomedical engineering and will test my scientific process and problem-solving skills, my ability to work with a team, and my ability to deliver within a specified time frame This experience will eventually make me more helpful to this country thereby solve problems facing the health sector in nigeria...
Make correction and drop comments pls

Pls guy, I think u should be doing this personally, try to talk to some gurus in the house and send your full transcript to them stop displaying your transcript on here..... With God on your side you are going placez

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MsNas(f): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2016
Mayflowa:

Nice. I think I will check out Geico. I was thinking Esurance is the cheapest. I am on comprehensive for $98/month. The car is a AWD V6 2008 Lexus IS 250 sedan car. It's kind of a luxury car. The insurance payment depresses me monthly. Hope I cut a better deal with these tips.
You need to. One of the cars we insure is a late model Lexus SUV as well, but with all the discounts and all, its still around $150/month for three cars. Make sure to get an online quote before you go and try to use all the discounts possible to lower your rates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:05am On Dec 10, 2016
Still didnt get the alert. I went to check my balance at the ATM, about N16,200 was out. So thats the charge. Roughly N325/$. Which is very good.

Now I used Access card. Cant say if it will be different with another bank card. If you have a GTB card, d rate is very okay too.

I dont use a card for international payment without FIRST asking the bank their rate....no time for surprises grin I have been bitten before. Overcharged/lost N25,000 one time coz the bank card i used abroad had crazy rate dat was worse than mallam rate.

kenniez26:
@ OGreene please what is PayPal charges? I mean the equivalent of dollar to naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2016
success06:
@zeezahbee

Hello sis.. My name is Success. Pls i wish to discuss something personal to u. Pls kindly send me your email to mine #ozaghaagatha@gmail.com so we can talk privately.

Thanks Sis and have a great evening.

sir or ma, pls who are you referring to if I may ask? because this is a group forum not meant for a person, we are not here to discuss something personal,u can share whatsoever u have in mind on here for the gurus to answer............. Problem shared is problem solved

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LUCAS99: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2016
imperiouxx4:

Give me your number.
704-713-9964
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lincoln123: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Good Morning to All,

Please I need school in US where I can do my MSc degree (computer related programs) with tuition fees in the range of $5000 per semster.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
OGreene:
Still didnt get the alert. I went to check my balance at the ATM, about N16,200 was out. So thats the charge. Roughly N325/$. Which is very good.

Now I used Access card. Cant say if it will be different with another bank card. If you have a GTB card, d rate is very okay too.

I dont use a card for international payment without FIRST asking the bank their rate....no time for surprises grin I have been bitten before. Overcharged/lost N25,000 one time coz the bank card i used abroad had crazy rate dat was worse than mallam rate.

Worse than mallam rate? Hahahaha. What about those ones that make tea, they call it milik instead of milk. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
adup:

sir or ma, pls who are you referring to if I may ask? because this is a group forum not meant for a person, we are not here to discuss something personal,u can share whatsoever u have in mind on here for the gurus to answer............. Problem shared is problem solved
Your body is hot. grin

Take it easy man. You can't discuss everything in public.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ipledge01: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
OGreene:

thanks for this needs ur help purplesummer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Temitope91:

And that was all

Ur transcript is funny my dear......u re blunt!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Temitope91:

But some said make it an interactive section.

Thats not how to make it interactive... grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
neurosci:
You guys are talking about transfers, but I don't really understand. Can someone pls make it clearer? Let's consider this scenario.

If you gained admission into the University of Notre Dame, for example; HOW and WHEN can you transfer your admission to Xavier University? Do you have to get to the US before requesting that your admission be transferred to Xavier University or can you do it all the way from Nigerian before even getting a visa at all? And some people are saying you must have been admitted to Xavier before you can transfer there. If you must have been admitted already, why would you need a transfer anymore? How about in a situation where Xavier needs an SAT but University of Notredame doesn't, would Xavier be able to accept your transfer since you didn't take that exam to get into Notredame. In fact, are you guys talking about transfers for graduates or undergraduates?

I need someone to expatiate on this whole transfer thing, please.

exactly at bold.....I ve seen many do the transfer in US after been admitted by the other school...whichever transfer whether from graduate to community college oo...u must be admitted by CC before u can initiate the transfer. cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
beautysky:

Djmakson and Texrem thank you so much for your response. you got me there :-).. I beat myself so hard for the silly mistake... ..., If I get you clearly please.... I may proceed with my appointment booking without much worry about the passport number issue when I go for interview right?...

Yes go ahead.....but if you are more confused you can email cgi about it...get there feedback. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.