Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army (16901 Views)

Don't Condemn Me – Here Is Why We Declared Holiday For Buhari – Yahaya Bello / Why We Declared Holiday For Buhari ―kogi Govt / Profile Uche Sampson Ogah, Abia Newly Declared Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:30am On Aug 15, 2016
The Nigerian Army has explained why it declared a Nigerian journalist, Ahmed Salkida and two other persons – Ahmed U. Bolori and Aisha Wakil – wanted because of their alleged link with the terror group, Boko Haram.

Sani Usman, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, a colonel, said in a press statement issued on Sunday evening that, “There is no doubt that these individuals have links with Boko Haram Terrorists and have contacts with them.

“They must therefore come forward and tell us where the group is keeping the Chibok Girls and other abducted persons to enable us rescue them.

The army says it was relying on relevant laws of the country, especially the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 to declare the two men and the lady wanted in connection with Boko Haram.

“We are therefore calling on all Nigerians and peace loving people to give us useful information on their whereabouts. We are also liaising with other security agencies for their arrest if they failed to turn up,” the statement said.

Mr. Sakilda is known for his access to the extremist sect.

Ms. Wakil, a lawyer, was in contact with the Nigerian government during the 2013 amnesty negotiations with the Boko Haram insurgents.

She is believed to have met with former President Goodluck Jonathan at the time as part of the negotiation, which later broke down.

Mr. Bolori is known as coordinator of the Fa’ash Foundation and the Partnership Against Violent Extremism (Pave).

He lives in Maiduguri, Boko Haram’s birthplace and the epicentre of its insurgency. He witnessed the rise of the terror group, which turned violent in 2009.

The Army consider Sunday’s video as part of Boko Haram’s propaganda.

Mr. Sakilda had said on Twitter that the video was sent exclusively to him before the sect uploaded it to YouTube.

Boko Haram had said in the video that it would only negotiate with the Nigerian government through journalists known to be close to it.

The Defence Headquarters had in a statement released shortly after the video went viral on the Internet denied killing the girls and said it was examining its authenticity.

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/why-we-declared-journalist-sakilda.html?m=1

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Kenneth205(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by iyke649(m): 5:48am On Aug 15, 2016
I concur wit the military.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by seunlayi(m): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2016
This is not supposed to be public, it ought to be between the two parties

27 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 15, 2016
it is a sin to withhold any information that will assist the Military in the ongoing fight against insurgency, whether Boko haram or Niger delta. And I hope Niger delta Militants too will be dealt with, the way Book Haram was dealt with

11 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Destined2win: 5:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Let salkida go and meet the Army

2 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Owoplenty(m): 6:03am On Aug 15, 2016
This guy should've been in jail before now, he act like shekau lieutenant and always scorn fed govt

1 Like

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by nonjebose(m): 6:08am On Aug 15, 2016
They have information that NA needs, so they should come forward. What negotiation are they looking for at this stage of capitulation? What they are agitating for is unattainable

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Swiftlee(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2016
They should have made the arrests and have interrogated them before now. This act have placed these guys in the criminal category which will reduce the chances of the NA arresting them if they are not even presently where Abombakar Shicow is!

1 Like

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Elisean(m): 6:11am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:
it is a sin to withhold any information that will assist the Military in the ongoing fight against insurgency, whether Boko haram or Niger delta. And I hope Niger delta Militants too will be dealt with, the way Book Haram was dealt with
You are smart

2 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Tunami(m): 6:13am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:
a typical hausa-fulani man, please remove the log of wood in your eye.

12 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by otabuko(m): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Before he's been declared wanted, CNN should have also been declared wanted too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by OlujobaSamuel: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2016
I don't understand this army ooo, how about our NIA, can't they just get the guys instead of declaring them wanted? so many fools controlling the security system.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by wowmenow: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2016
The guy is a northerner nothing will happen to him
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Flyingngel(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by MadamExcellency: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:

Tell them to include BBC and Aljazeera

3 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Buking1: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2016
Huh tongue for me this shouldn't be made public but direct order to the individuals, it will be when they refused to give out the info which the amry must be sure they have, that's when they will now go after them like this.....
Because if its keep getting this way, some who may have classifieds info will keep it to themselves for the fear of this kind regards

When did we get to this level ? From jailing bloger to declaring journalists wanted
Do we still have a better hope? embarassed cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by richidinho(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2016
Same way EFCC declared Omisore wanted, same night the man was on channels tv talking but they could not silently go there and arrest him.

If you are looking for the location, Why not ask the two rescued chibok girls?

Abi?

4 Likes

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2016
grin
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by AntiWailer: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by iamswizz(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria, where your good efforts will be misinterpreted and used against you
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2016
Confused system
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2016
So they are the ones to tell you where the missing girls are...
SMH
I thought you knew
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2016
Confused system..
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Dining with the devil will surely get anyone into trouble. U don't dine with Bokoharam and at the same time claim to be abokoharam
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Boyooosa(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2016
iyke649:
I concur wit the military.
They might actually be right but they are wrong by not contacting them or inviting them before declaring them wanted.... It is illegal!
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Clementor(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2016
watching from a distance make koboko no reach me.
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by leofab(f): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Don't even know the type of training these security personels underwent? Can't they be discreet; with all these noise if even he lneo where the girls are; won't there be relocation and change of tactics ? They could easily spy on them; tap their calls and monitor their movement; that how it's done and fooling around....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by Akinaukwa: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Place a N50m ransom and see how they will be fetched out.
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by aimuan(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:
u go and deal with NDA nan,u nairand soldier. U guys keep calling for d head of Niger deltans without even considering the injustice meted to them.
Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by PraiseGyps(f): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2016
This is not professional.....NA would have invited them first. When they refused to acknowledge it, then they can take this step of declaring them wanted. So many lapses in the security system.

1 Like

Re: Why We Declared Journalist Sakilda, Others Wanted- Nigerian Army by HAH: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Why not ask the escaped chibok girl for the location they were kept, something is fishy,

The journalist guy is the main target the other two are just for justification, Salkida has been shaming the army hence they want to incarcerate him.

From his releases it clearly shows failure on our intelligence service, it show our army is just reactionary because if not for the latest video the won't have ordered their arrest.

Isn't it shameful that after almost 7 years of our intelligence services have still not infiltrated the Boko Haram inner ranks.

If I were Salkida I will take myself to the US or UK embassy in the UAE then ask the army to come interrogate me cos the biggest mistake he will make is to board plane and come to Nigeria to meet the NA in their headquarters

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo / NAF Video: "We Didn't Kill Chibok Girls" / Nnamdi Kanu's Re-arrest: FG Engaging In Double Standard – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.