Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

"Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? (25745 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
What is so special about your mum? You guys act like you folks always respect your mother in laws tooundecided

I hope you also told your mama the same thing because your wife deserve respect as much as she does. In fact every human being deserve respect-:\

20 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by byvan03: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
I just hope your mum isn't the Patience Ozokwor type, if not you go divorce tire.

13 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by bennyrazz: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
marriage is an institution and it is union between two persons. Setting the boundaries before entering into marriage is a good idea. Since you have told her she must not disrespect your mum or you divorce her, it should also apply to you too. You have no right whatsoever to disrespect her own mother. What is candy for Peter, should also be candy for paul

10 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
you went too far ooooo..... there are other ways to talk to your partner than putting her on hot seat.... your mum just comes and goes... your wife is your family Now too.

9 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Winneygirl(f): 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
I had a friend. Ordinary friend fa!
We weren't even dating or anything.
He started making statements like "Any girl I would get married to MUST love my Mum".
Talking about how his Mum MUST approve of the girl.
How the girl MUST treat his Mum.
I had never even met his Mum.
I had no reason to hate her.
I did not know her, neither did she know me.
At that point, he was already sowing a negative seed in my heart.
I chose not to nurture that friendship.

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Winneygirl(f): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
We all should learn to live peacefully with one another.
She becomes your family too. Just like your Mum is family.
Respect her, and let your family respect her as well.
All d issues between DILs and MILs stem from where one party doesn't have enough respect for the other party.
Your wife has to respect your family, and your Mum has to respect your marriage.
Respect is not for only one set of people to give, and another set to receive.
Everyone should give respect.

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nectarbaba(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Its your relationship. You set the rulez

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by beautiful232(f): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
too harsh for me
disrespecting your mum is bad too but they are better ways to talk her out

6 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by mclaaro(f): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Things you hear when kids get married. Unnecessary talks comes up undecided

13 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by bestSOUL32(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
I told my girlfriend today n she was angry

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by princeakins(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:
"You don't hv to like my peps,jst pretend or mk an effort when you're around them.". is it too much to ask.

Guy... u open thread, stil rush for FTC.. angry

btw

she cant jux b rude to ur mom for no jux cause... ur d man, dont seek outta d married hurriedly if u alrdy made a luv vow...

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
OP you are on the right track. If my wife should disrespect my mum and I never did that to her mum. She is swimming in a turbulent water.

6 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

I've seen some unfriendly mother in laws. An aunt of mine told her son to get rid of his wife for flimsy reasons and the fool did, despite the fact that they had a small kid.

According to psychologists, mothers feel like they are losing their sons when they get married. Many react by fighting the wife.

Daughter in laws can be evil too. But this one has taken one side so he'll never belive his wife's side of the story.
You are very objective and non-sentimental! I love that cool
BTW I hope OP won't cry foul if his wife says same thing undecided

4 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
All these pikin wey still dey drink cerelac. Na, internet and cheap data bundle I blame sha grin

5 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by amokeme(f): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Heheheeh I'm so enjoying this...

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ideology(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:
"You don't hv to like my peps,jst pretend or mk an effort when you're around them.". is it too much to ask.
guy no stress yourself, calm down, take her out and talk to her, if symptoms persist after 90 days
End the relationship

Don't manage an attitude you don't like or pretend for any reason, it won't last better still prepare to be embittered in your home for the rest of your life, if you don't die before your due date from depression , life is too sweet to live in bitterness and anger

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Winneygirl:
We all should learn to live peacefully with one another.
She becomes your family too. Just like your Mum is family.
Respect her, and let your family respect her as well.
All d issues between DILs and MILs stem from where one party doesn't have enough respect for the other party.
Your wife has to respect your family, and your Mum has to respect your marriage.
Respect is not for only one set of people to give, and another set to receive.
Everyone should give respect.
Nice words!
Respect they say is reciprocal! If an elder misbehaves, he or she should be cautioned as well! No one is perfect! I just hope he also respects the lady's own family as well! undecided
I personally think first sons and last sons have issues. First sons have so much family responsibility while last sons are usually mummy's pet! tongue

4 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by charlesucheh(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
What if your Mum uses that advantage to frustrate her life!!!! WOBI!!! You Never Jam!!! Shebi na only you like your mama KWANTINU!

13 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Johnshoe: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
My guy... Choice word is not the best, y marrying Someone u ve already concluded can disrespect ur mum... What is ur definition of disrespect.. Disagreement? my guy, marriage is btw two people mum exclusive... U need to grow n know d meaning of marriage... Not to rush in n rush out because of this type of flimsy excuse... #needcouncellingbro

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Victorakats(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
They say that when a child talks, you will know his age. Your message was insensitive, suppressive and intimidating for a lady who will spend the rest of her life with you.
She will accommodate your penis and your personality.
She will put her life on the line for your generation unborn.
And she will sacrifice her life to serve you and the best way to introduce your mother to her is by giving her orders that if she disrespects your mother, you will divorce her.
What happens if your mother abuses her?
How do you hope to protect her from the vicious abuse of some of your family members who doesn't like her for all the good reasons?
How do you hope to provide enabling environment to make sure that there's no room for disrespect?
Obviously you need to work on your perception of marriage and wife so that you will enjoy your marriage.
In conclusion, you don't even respect your partner, you need to learn how to communicate with your partner. You failed this!
Thanks!
www.amaraofficial.com

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by CaraJewel(f): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
I wont marry again...if u disrespect my own mum i go divorce u too...seriously are u a mummys boy...wat if ur mum disrespect ur wife to the last..wat will u do...xo if ur mum xaid my son o ur wife nkechi jxt disrespected me..xo u will now go straight to court and tell d judge my wife disrespected my mum xo divorce us...i really nid a MIL AND FIL like sid parents in king of hearts

7 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Jacko1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Supported
Its not too harsh
She need to fall in line
But just pray she no kokonumi u wen una marry sotey u no go dey see the disrespect again hhehe

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by CaraJewel(f): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
I wont marry again...if u disrespect my own mum i go divorce u too...seriously are u a mummys boy...wat if ur mum disrespect ur wife to the last..wat will u do...xo if ur mum xaid my son o ur wife nkechi jxt disrespected me..xo u will now go straight to court and tell d judge my wife disrespected my mum xo divorce us...i really wish 4 a MIL AND FIL like sid parents in king of hearts
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by jauntty: 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
No sir..... I will do same...

As long as my mum doesn't disrespect my wife too

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KINGinVAHALA: 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Op you re even caring, mine isn't an option, I don't even need to say it out, my face alone in such situation would speak louder than using my mouth.

Disrespect me, I send you to exile to Uganda,
Disrespect my mom, I send you, your family, your past and your future to exile to somalia. This goes to any lady or "future wife".

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by GloriaNinja(f): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empty threat

5 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by emerged01(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:

Trust my mum 100%
It all depend your mum bro. Respect is reciprocal. Who would you trust if u don't your mum? I don't expect you to be on the side of wife if issues rise between both but as a man act responsibly. While you are on your mother"s side always guard your family too.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by jerryfisher(m): 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
gsley:
Na mouth u they make, if she say she no they do now u go go carry all yr family come beg her,
sure
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by flyca: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
OP, if she is your girlfriend, I will be surprised that woman is still with you. You made it sound like she has a trophy being married to you.
Hia!

Threat go full that house o.
Serve me dinner at 8 or I divorce you.
Greet me every morning or I divorce you.
Make the bed or I divorce you.

Sweet marriage cheesy

15 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by pek(m): 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Op, from someone old enough to be your father, I say grow up. You don't have a right to go threatening people unnecessarily; especially your future partner. If eventually you get married to her, she will live in constant fear. I won't want that for my daughter and I don't think any man will.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Gracious10: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
It's only a man who is deep throated by EGO will utter these kind of words.

It's also a man who feels he's doing a lady a favour that will also say these words.

Only a man who will never see reasons to settle things amicably will say these things.

Only a man who will sacrifice his wife to his family will say these words.

Only a man who has little information on marriage will open his mouth and decree divisive words.

A house that hasn't been built but negotiations on how to tear it down is already in place.

Everyone thinks they know how to handle crisis until crises arise.

That you have a mouth doesn't mean you should allow it to porously utter words of distruction.

There are better ways to handle situations.
Your macho and authoritative attitude and words will only set your house on fire.
Some will say they don't care but truth is that nobody wants to die lonely.

You are young and can boast and say whatever but when you age, you understand life better.
We all will get old at some point but this chest beating and ego will also get old.

Nobody should disrespect anyones family.
If I were the lady, this is an indication not to continue the relationship. Who knows what else you will divorce her for.

A friend of mine disrespects his wife because she has fertility issues which she didn't know before they got married. He treats her with disgust but forgetting he too has diabetes, hypertension and liver issues.
He forgets that his own situation needs proper care and management. He needs special diet which the wife has to follow strictly so his case is managed properly.
Yet he sees himself as all that....

Sometimes, life is not a one way road, somethings need understanding and proper communication.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Boy On Front Page Found(pic) / Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? / Building A Family: Can Your Home Last Without Finance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.