Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far (5766 Views)

Fayose’s Kangaroo Panel Recommendations, A Joke Taken Too Far / Buhari Has Turned Nigeria Into Banana Republic By Speaking Hausa- Ohanaeze / "Reported Release Of Kabiru Sokoto: Hatred For President Buhari Taken Too Far" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by thedarkside: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2016
op,op...you wan give dem dem hearth-attack,ni??......... grin grin grin grin

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2016
DMerciful:
I consider you and intelligent person and as such I know you know using the current national assembly to demand restructuring is almost an impossible mission as we do not have the numbers and unity to achieve that. Even a chilkd knows that so why towing a line you cannot achieve for another 100years? Our representative will not push for that in the national assembly cos its DOA. Your hero Adaka Boro and Saro Wiwa we also called criminals then but now you worship them.....truth is there is nothing like one Nigeria rather one oil Nigeria
Boro was referred to as criminal and arrested when he led the declaration of NDR, but he wasn't perpetrating act of carnage and economic terrorism, neither was it about himself. He was a man that has pursued a mission and when he saw that the lives of his people were at stake, he surrendered. You can't compare him with ex-political thugs.

Wiwa was an environmentalists and not an economic terrorist

As for the Representatives, the excuse is not tenable. Nobody will gift anybody anything except there is a legitimate and sustained agitation. If Representatives only seek after their interests, then nobody will take it serious. And I insist that the political elite from ALL region won't just give in to restructuring as it will spoil their corrupt business

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by ConqueredWest: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Bro forget this chest-beating. Those guys are only good in hide and seek attack of pipelines.

Answer this question

Do you believe that Hausa Fulani people will accept true federalism.?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by ConqueredWest: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Boro was referred to as criminal and arrested when he led the declaration of NDR, but he wasn't perpetrating act of carnage and economic terrorism, neither was it about himself. He was a man that has pursued a mission and when he saw that the lives of his people were at stake, he surrendered. You can't compare him with ex-political thugs.

Wiwa was an environmentalists and not an economic terrorist

As for the Representatives, the excuse is not tenable. Nobody will gift anybody anything except there is a legitimate and sustained agitation. If Representatives only seek after their interests, then nobody will take it serious. And I insist that the political elite from ALL region won't just give in to restructuring as it will spoil their corrupt business

Answer the question below

ConqueredWest:

Answer this question

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by thedarkside: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Firefire:
They are jokers... grin

common criminals.............indeed..lazy basssstards......let dem dem go drink thea rude-oil..
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Answer this question

Not without a legitimate and sustained agitation that is championed by at least 65% of political leaders from the South ON the floor of the NASS, State Assemblies, Constitution Amendment, organised forums and protests, boycotts etc.
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by thedarkside: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My oga, I loyal o

on point..indeed...
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by ConqueredWest: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Not without a legitimate and sustained agitation that is championed by at least 65% of political leaders from the South ON the floor of the NASS, State Assemblies, Constitution Amendment, organised forums and protests, boycotts etc.

You don't understand how the national Assembly works.

Let me enlighten you.

MAJORITY CARRIES THE VOTE

The North has more seats than the South

Therefore, 65% of Southern Votes won't achieve anything

The North will never accept true federalism

Dearpreye yujin blackseptember temitemi1 phockphockman onatisi illuminate93 firefire cheruv 12monkeys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by thedarkside: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2016
project8:
nice writeup.though i dnt not suscrib to ur use of the word ' marginalization"
by maginalization u mean no govt presence in d niger delta i guess interms of infrastructure.pls in a laymans analysis how do u explain this

13% derivation to all d ss states.

they ave monthly allocation from d federation account.

all d major oil firms pay d local authorities and d communities.

During obj a total of 200bn was givin to NDDC fr infrastructures bt only God knows wat hapened.

when yaradua came he created d ministry for niger delta which we all kno has a yrly budget.

some of the top militants leaders like asari dokubo,tompolo,ateke tom bcame over night billionaires .
Their governors e.g dickson stil owe salaries despite d huge allocations.
what are their leaders doin with d huge federal allocations received from d federal govt? despite d fact we know they ave d highest allocation even wit fewer local govts and small states.

now my question is :can anyone show me a single block of classroom built by asari for d benefits of d niger delta on whose name he made his money?
infact asari built a world class university in benin republic.y didnt he build it here fr his pple? he even denouce his citizenship of bein a nigerian.

wat abt tompolo who has abt 40bn worth of contract.did he in any way help his pple?
the truth remains ur leaders diverts almost all d allocation and so no tangible project is done.

jus early this month we read that d ministry of niger delta jus complete a single project in 6yrs.

y cant people frm ss hold their leaders accountable?
gej was president for 6yrs ,can u show us any tangible project he has done for ss? and d most pathetic part this people stil sees him as their hero.
now to d NDA:
they are jus a bunch of lunatic who leaves in a fools paradise thinking they are helping d ss.causing environmental pollution which by implication both d waters they drink and their farmlands are polluted.
to be honest d ordinary niger deltan is d victim here cos those claiming to fight on their behalf collect money frm shell etal,govt at d expense of d poor.and i bet u d NDA is no different.
NDA are jus overated cos in a conventional war they cant stand NA though i dnt support war bt d poor niger deltan wil be at d receiving end cos when d war starts, d criminals and cowards wil run n leave them wit NA wrath.
war should b d resort.i share their pains bt a more honest and civilized approach shud be employed.
i rest my case

he is right.....lazy-crazy-wans they are indeed..............
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Omenkata: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2016
Milonis:
Brother, I will be very honest with you- this isn't no joke! May be it sounds like one to you and you just don't see it happening.

But you've not reckoned with the tenacity of the Niger Deltans (which ironically you are one). No matter how long it takes, no matter how many men it cost- Niger Deltans, Biafra and Middle Belt will leave this union called Nigeria because the people are determined to do so. This is the simple truth of things. As long as we keep giving them reasons to

#Btw i'm full-fledged Northerner

if you're a northerner then i believe in miracles grin

hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
ConqueredWest:

You don't understand how the national Assembly works.

Let me enlighten you.

MAJORITY CARRIES THE VOTE

The North has more seats than the South

Therefore, 65% of Southern Votes won't achieve anything

The North will never accept true federalism

Dearpreye yujin blackseptember temitemi1 phockphockman onatisi illuminate93 firefire cheruv 12monkeys
You keep repeating this but I say it is not tenable. A child don't just wake up and start to run, he walks first. No one expects a smooth acceptance but everyone will discuss it when it becomes a real issue. Nobody takes you serious when you don't agitate for an interest on the floor of the NASS and in your various State Assemblies but only fight for your pocket and pad budget.

Read this submission again and pay more attention to the emboldened
Not without a legitimate and sustained agitation that is championed by at least [b]65% of political leaders from the South ON the floor of the NASS, State Assemblies, Constitution Amendment, organised forums and protests, boycotts etc.[/b]
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 20, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Tonyebarcanista you don hear

He won't respond

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Omenkata:

if you're a northerner then i believe in miracles grin

hmmmm

You have no idea how Northern I am cool
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2016
project8:
nice writeup.though i dnt not suscrib to ur use of the word ' marginalization"
by maginalization u mean no govt presence in d niger delta i guess interms of infrastructure.pls in a laymans analysis how do u explain this

13% derivation to all d ss states.

they ave monthly allocation from d federation account.

all d major oil firms pay d local authorities and d communities.

During obj a total of 200bn was givin to NDDC fr infrastructures bt only God knows wat hapened.

when yaradua came he created d ministry for niger delta which we all kno has a yrly budget.

some of the top militants leaders like asari dokubo,tompolo,ateke tom bcame over night billionaires .
Their governors e.g dickson stil owe salaries despite d huge allocations.
what are their leaders doin with d huge federal allocations received from d federal govt? despite d fact we know they ave d highest allocation even wit fewer local govts and small states.

now my question is :can anyone show me a single block of classroom built by asari for d benefits of d niger delta on whose name he made his money?
infact asari built a world class university in benin republic.y didnt he build it here fr his pple? he even denouce his citizenship of bein a nigerian.

wat abt tompolo who has abt 40bn worth of contract.did he in any way help his pple?
the truth remains ur leaders diverts almost all d allocation and so no tangible project is done.

jus early this month we read that d ministry of niger delta jus complete a single project in 6yrs.

y cant people frm ss hold their leaders accountable?
gej was president for 6yrs ,can u show us any tangible project he has done for ss? and d most pathetic part this people stil sees him as their hero.
now to d NDA:
they are jus a bunch of lunatic who leaves in a fools paradise thinking they are helping d ss.causing environmental pollution which by implication both d waters they drink and their farmlands are polluted.
to be honest d ordinary niger deltan is d victim here cos those claiming to fight on their behalf collect money frm shell etal,govt at d expense of d poor.and i bet u d NDA is no different.
NDA are jus overated cos in a conventional war they cant stand NA though i dnt support war bt d poor niger deltan wil be at d receiving end cos when d war starts, d criminals and cowards wil run n leave them wit NA wrath.
war should b d resort.i share their pains bt a more honest and civilized approach shud be employed.
i rest my case
The problem with this flawed school of thought is that it has equated Niger Delta struggle with individual hustles, and continue to appreciate it within the context of this flawed system of Nigeria.

Niger Delta struggle is not about 13% or enriching governors or criminal gangs, it has nothing to do with creating agencies and ministry like NDDC and NDA Ministry. We don't want all those.

In the opening paragraph I specifically listed some Acts of parliament that is aimed at holding us to ransom.

What is 13% that doesn't go to the oil producing communities directly but instead shared by politicians? Is that a system?Who needs 13% and allocation from Abuja when we are talking of hosts controlling these resources and remiting allocation to Abuja(like it is done in saner climes)? The system must come first to loosen local leadership from the apron of Abuja deciders, and empower locals to elect their leaders, as well as kick out any fraudulent leaders.

I think you need orientation on what Niger Delta wants.
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by ConqueredWest: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You keep repeating this but I say it is not tenable. A child don't just wake up and start to run, he walks first. No one expects a smooth acceptance but everyone will discuss it when it becomes a real issue. Nobody takes you serious when you don't agitate for an interest on the floor of the NASS and in your various State Assemblies but only fight for your pocket and pad budget.

Not without a legitimate and sustained agitation that is championed by at least [b]65% of political leaders from the South ON the floor of the NASS, State Assemblies, Constitution Amendment, organised forums and protests, boycotts etc.[/b]

You are the one getting it wrong

You need 2/3 majority to get true federalism and the entire votes of the South is less than half.

So 65% of an already reduced voting power will achieve nothing.

You don forget government for secondary school.

Why you dey talk like this

Dearpreye yujin blackseptember temitemi1 phockphockman onatisi illuminate93 firefire cheruv 12monkeys milonis truckpusher Beremx nigerianvenom obiagelli ngwake sincere9gerian izonpikin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by project8(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The problem with this flawed school of thought is that it has equated Niger Delta struggle with individual hustles, and continue to appreciate it within the context of this flawed system of Nigeria.

Niger Delta struggle is not about 13% or enriching governors or criminal gangs, it has nothing to do with creating agencies and ministry like NDDC and NDA Ministry. We don't want all those.

In the opening paragraph I specifically listed some Acts of parliament that is aimed at holding us to ransom.

What is 13% that doesn't go to the oil producing communities directly but instead shared by politicians? Is that a system?Who needs 13% and allocation from Abuja when we are talking of hosts controlling these resources and remiting allocation to Abuja(like it is done in saner climes)? The system must come first to loosen local leadership from the apron of Abuja deciders, and empower locals to elect their leaders, as well as kick out any fraudulent leaders.

I think you need orientation on what Niger Delta wants.
if indeed d leaders frm that region are leaders for their people i bet they wil use judiciously all monies goten frm d centre for d betterment of it pple and i bet u all this agitations for resource control wont come in.d poor on d street of niger delta feel short changed hence their frustration.
the greed from the leaders of your region is responsible for d problems Nigeria is facing frm d pple of Niger delta.that said...i jus got this nice writeup on facebook,you can see the diff btw the mentality of d peeps from d north and ur peeps frm d delta.

READ:

Hon. Abubakar Yunusa Ahmad (Ustaz) Wrote.
OIL IN THE NORTH AND RESOURCE CONTROL
An average northerner is never a greedy person
even if he is damn corrupt. And I don't think
there is anybody that has cheerfully distributed a
looted funds across the country like Dasuki a
northerner.

I don't know why many southerner hates to hear
about crude oil exploration in the north. WHY?
The funny thing is the same north commenced
the exploration in the Niger-Delta many years
back and developed it to what it is today without
an acts of jealousy of not be found in the north.
The recent oil exploration in Lagos was stopped
by previous government of PDP, but another
northerner PMB came and the exploration
became real.

The facts that the crude oil price has fall
globally has not make the product a bad
commodity because countries like China, Indians
and many high oil consuming nations in Europe
has not relent in their efforts to discover their
own crude because of the huge resources they
spend in importing these oil products.
Back in Nigeria, are we meeting our 2.2m quota
with the militancy in Niger-Delta? The answer is
NO.

Do we need more crude oil to earns FOREX with
the situation of our economy currently? The
answer is YES. Then why exploring oil in the
north become the problem of some from South?
Why?
Federal Government must take the lead in the oil
exploration in that insurgency ravage region to
creates confidence to private investors that the
place is good for all business. No private investor
will go to North-East if government is not there
doing it for public conviction that the insurgency
is over.

Northerners are being called PARASITES
because of absence of crude whereas just
'Tomatoes Disease'
In the north few months back increased the cost
of a basket from N1000 to N25, 000. Tell me
assuming north want to control the supply of
tomatoes to the south, how much do you think
the cost will be?

Four States of Benue, Nassarawa, Taraba and
Niger from the Parasite-North produces 70% of
the total yam output in Nigeria.
The north feeds the nation and never talk of
resource control, or agricultural produce are not
resources but only oil?
Kainji and Shiroro few years back were the two
major power plants generating electricity in
Nigeria, north never asked for 13% derivation or
called for the cancellation of 'National Grid' how
much more of controlling it.
Crude oil is not only present in Lake-Chad but
also in Bida and Sokoto basin, an extension of
southern Niger-Republic basin with vast crude oil
deposit that is massively been explored
presently.

No matter how much we are been faced with
hunger in Nigeria brought about by the fall in
global oil price, corruption and mismanagement,
nobody would ever drink oil even if it is free..
North will never ask for resource control. But will
be glad not to be seen any longer as parasites
because of oil and a region of low financial
contribution to the centre.
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by major466(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016
I have nothing to say on this thread. But I will say this, those who think ''Opponents of True Federalism'' will someday see reason to support Restructuring of Nigeria on a silver platter should be prepared to wait for eternity.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Amah70: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

One wonders what geopolitical zones in the south of Nigeria the at least, 65% of south political leaders shall come from; I mean the south political leaders you wish can champion a sustained agitation on the floor of the NASS, State Assemblies, Constitution Amendment, organised forums protests and boycotts, etc. in order to get Nigeria restructured the way you want it.

If you followed events during OBJ's National Political Reforms Conference, and had seen the divisions between the SE/SS in one camp, the SW in its own camp and the north in its camp, you may not have hoped that there can ever come a moment when south leaders can mount any sustained pressure to restructure Nigeria politically or amend the constitution to effect the sort of political reforms the Nigerdelta clamours for.

You're apt with your insistence that the struggles of the Nigerdelta people must be looked at beyond the inappropriate questions bordering on what the leaders of the Nigerdelta did with all the federal appropriations to the area, the 13% derivation, NDDC, Ministry of the Nigerdelta, the wealth some Niger Delta men acquired through militancy, etc,
You're right by insisting that as done in other normal federal countries, it is the areas where the mineral substances are founded that are supposed to agree with the federal government over the amount of tribute the local authority of the areas shall pay as tribute to the central government of the country.

But who are the south leaders you expect to team up to organise the pressure on the rest of Nigeria to amend the constitution either in the NASS or in a National Conference, when you in particular don't seem to be keen to even enter into a conversation with people from the larger group nearest to the southsouth?

Even the 13% from derivation paid to oil producing areas, did no one tell you that bigwigs from the southeast, including late Ikemba Ojukwu, did the leg works before the Supreme Court awarded 13% from derivation to oil-producing area?

Finally, there are many leaders and wannabe opinion moulders from the southsouth who live comfortable or affluent life drawing some forms of wealth from Nigeria's political status quo, but once in a while, they mouth for restructuring Nigeria politically, mouth for resource control, true and fiscal federalism, etc. This set of people are most insincere and unrealistic as far as drive to ameliorate the burden of the Nigerdelta and its indigenes is concerned.

You belong to the group above if you tell yourself that there shall come a time in the near future when south leaders can come together to pressure Nigeria to make constitutional amendments in the NASS, or in any National Conference, to bring about what Barcarnister asks for the southsouth from Nigeria.

Or are you not aware of the lopsided political representation in all spheres of Nigeria 's political process tilting to the favour of northern Nigeria; the reopresentation advantage which north draws from the undue large number of states proliferated by northern soldiers in the former one region north of Nigeria?
Nearly all the 19 states in the north profit from the political status quo; and they are most likely in any political reforms conference, or in the NASS, not vote to lose the political and economic advantages they now enjoy. So how else do we effect what you ask from Nigeria for the Nigerdelta area?
Re: Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far by Noneroone(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
aressssa:

Coming from the village ipob elder battalion brigade leader.. grin grin grin
some of you must really be halleucinating about IPOB. Well Igbos dont have time for op. Ever since he opened a rash anti-ipob threads he was not only pounded into pieces by them but they successfully stopped making him feel important by avoiding his threads even when he later came back to beg them. So no one takes him serious. His opinion on a single issue is a numerous as his threads.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo Prostrating To Greet Ooni Of Ife / APC National Chairman Reportedly Dumps Tinubu. / Throwback Photo Of Inec-chairman-mahmood-yakubu-wearing Apc Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.