Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (69923 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by martineinstein(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Nope. It's easy to know you. You let hatred cloud your sense of judgement. A poster above corrected you and going further. Android is on wearable , cars. Dryers/washers, toilets, Bikes, home automation, phone projection, oven, home security systems, cameras, karaoke machine et al

Quit your hatred for Android bro even your beloved Microsoft makes money on Android devices sold
haha...microsoft makes money on android because android cant exist without microsoft.

Incase u dont know:IOT, VR and AR are the future.sammy is pushing android aside to focus her IOT,TV,wearables and VR on TIZEN;HUAWEI is using NOKIA workers to BUILD her own OS for IOT andVR;LG is focusing on WEB OS;HTC got VIVE VR,which runs on windows 10;sony got PSVR;One Plus ONe got oxygen OS and facboook got OCULUS vr.this spells doom and gloom for google's upcoming DAYDREAM VR platform.moreoverandroid OEMs are against google for her wicked policies on them.they will surely shun pre- loading ALLO and DUO on their phones.leaving facebook to take over AI and BOTs.microsoft just unveiled WINDOWS HOLOGRAPHIC platform:the almight platform for AR and VR.samsung,LG,HTC,INTEL,QUALCOMM,ACER,HP,DELL;ASUS and HP are all working on the platform.

Google's policies,love for privacy and fragmented android have become her 'FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER'.nobody wants to give her a chance anymore....same reasons y google is banned in some countries
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

Of course android is open source, it is available on virtually all gadgets... Anybody can use android os on their appliances, it is even easier now since almost everyone has an android phone so syncing and apps will be no issue. U just need to stop taking things too personal, I've been using flagship android phones since 2010, I love android and I just wish it could be as smooth as ios especially when running multiple apps. 4 years ago there was a huge gap, right now the gap is closing up which is good for us consumers. U just need to stop the name calling, Apple and Google don't pay me and I'm pretty sure Google don't pay u either.

And for the records, if ios was open source then it would have been available on more devices. Carplay was available before android auto.

Dude I'm not taking anything personal. I've just been busting series of lies spread on this thread. Just few mins ago, ur fellow ifan said Apple has successfully won the mobile phone race and other OEMs are licking the dust. He proceeded calling Android Amateur. Here we are, you quoted me the second time calling me a fan boy but never for once called ur fellow ifans one despite me acknowledging Apple where and when due but they never did same to others.

Convincing a guy who might not know much about what he wants doesn't have to result to blatant lies. Facts are facts.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
martineinstein:
haha...microsoft makes money on android because android cant exist without microsoft.

Incase u dont know:IOT, VR and AR are the future.sammy is pushing android aside to focus her IOT,TV,wearables and VR on TIZEN;HUAWEI is using NOKIA workers to BUILD her own OS for IOT andVR;LG is focusing on WEB OS;HTC got VIVE VR,which runs on windows 10;sony got PSVR;One Plus ONe got oxygen OS and facboook got OCULUS vr.this spells doom and gloom for google's upcoming DAYDREAM VR platform.moreoverandroid OEMs are against google for her wicked policies on them.they will surely shun pre- loading ALLO and DUO on their phones.leaving facebook to take over AI and BOTs.microsoft just unveiled WINDOWS HOLOGRAPHIC platform:the almight platform for AR and VR.samsung,LG,HTC,INTEL,QUALCOMM,ACER,HP,DELL;ASUS and HP are all working on the platform.

Google's policies,love for privacy and fragmented android have become her 'FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER'.nobody wants to give her a chance anymore....same reasons y google is banned in some countries

My nigga, you will say anything to sound cool while dismissing Android bro. The fact is all what you said up there are the future. What is the present? Do you think Google will sleep like Microsoft slept? The Google guys and the Indian CEO are sick bro.

They are presently working on a new OS. But nobody knows if it will go mainstream. Google is a company you should fear. That is the company that should be feared of the most in this century. They are faster that fastest.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
We shall be justified when the OP eventually makes his choice of either S7 edge or iPhone 6S/7. This Ollah1 guy is trying so hard to win the Op over grin but the facts are there for everybody to see....Figures don't lie. You will see how weak Android is by the time Sony, Samsung, and HTC all float their own individual operating platforms. Then you will realize that the best thing that's ever happened to the mobile industry is iOS.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

My nigga, you will say anything to sound cool while dismissing Android bro. The fact is all what you said up there are the future. What is the present? Do you think Google will sleep like Microsoft slept? The Google guys and the Indian CEO are sick bro.

They are presently working on a new OS. But nobody knows if it will go mainstream. Google is a company you should fear. That is the company that should be feared of the most in this century. They are faster that fastest.

Everybody feared Nokia till they died....Blackberry was the world famous before they self destructed. So don't attempt to say the future. Google had better invest more into their Nexus because the merry may not last for long.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by MrFord1: 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
martineinstein:
haha...which of the TVs and fridges? Andfroid tv is dead.samsung,lg and sony internet tv are all runing on tizen,web Os etc
More android TVs will be released in the future. Samsung Fridge T9000 runs on android but apps cant be installed on it. It is really a beautiful fridge.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:
We shall be justified when the OP eventually makes his choice of either S7 edge or iPhone 6S/7. This Ollah1 guy is trying so hard to win the Op over grin but the facts are there for everybody to see....Figures don't lie. You will see how weak Android is by the time Sony, Samsung, and HTC all float their own individual operating platforms. Then you will realize that the best thing that's ever happened to the mobile industry is iOS.

Whatever decision the op makes is his not mine. S7 edge has a better display, camera, battery and it's sexier. It also has other pros. My responses has never been to convince the op. My comments were only busting the lies you lots have been spreading here. You kept up with the lies that if Apple was viewing this thread, they could employ you guys as a PR.

A close source OS can never be the best thing to ever happen to a mobile industry.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

Everybody feared Nokia till they died....Blackberry was the world famous before they self destructed. So don't attempt to say the future. Google had better invest more into their Nexus because the merry may not last for long.

Where in my comment did I say anything about the future? I only said Google is the company to be feared of In this century. You should tailor your advises to Apple that can't spend their cash on innovating things. IPhone is te only thing they depend on and investors aren't satisfied with that.

Google is everywhere. I will burst you guys more now.
Google owns more than half of the web. I hope you know we are only on 2% of the web but the real web. The DEEP WEB is halfly owned by Google.

Fear that company.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
How really will this android or goigle thing be the future? Apple rakes in more profit than any of this companies combined, they work on their securities, they outsell with every flagship, they give the consumers what they really need.. So i just don't understand how Google actually edged it out to be the future, as is being claimed.. Google plays catchup ... Despite having many ways of making their fair share of profit, they can't come near Apple atleast in some dozen years time to come..

Don't you just feel happy using a device which its worth is widely known all over the world, has a premium feel, high class standards and does virtually what you need it to do.. grin, Thats iphone (Apple for you) rather than use a device, which its market value drops crazily, you try hard to explain its qualities, you rant, all over the web and the outside world trying to defend it, .. Thats what you get with Android.. Final verdict stick to whatever you can afford..

http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/02/11/apple-now-worth-720b

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
This is where some people are dense. When they can called that, they reject it. What's the purpose of all the billions in the bank? What have apple innovated in the past 4-5 years? They bank on sales of only one product and that's the iphone.

If they don't go back to the drawing board they would be forgotten and this time no Microsoft or Steve Jobs to lift it back up. They care only about money. Apple wasn't really about money. They innovated and made money alongside. Steve was word over 20 Mills in his mid twenties and it never mattered because he cared more about innovation.

Why are stakeholders scared of Apple decisions lately? Poke mom go never existed and a small company called Niantic made good amount of cash through it likewise Nintendo. If they were saving the cash and not investing, this wouldn't happen.

In the tech world it's beyond just making money. Apple should know that

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by martineinstein(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

microsoft also got india ceo.......google's fuchsua OS is DOA,just like chrome OS.Do u think OEMs and developers will support the upcoming OS when they are yet to support chromebook and android tablets?besides,google doesnt have hardware genius and cognocenti like microsoft panos panay, late jobs or tesla that are/were known for producing hardwares dat produce halo effect/halo devices for OEMs to follow.just like surface tablets,hololens and upcoming surface phones
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by martineinstein(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:
This is where some people are dense. When they can called that, they reject it. What's the purpose of all the billions in the bank? What have apple innovated in the past 4-5 years? They bank on sales of only one product and that's the iphone.

If they don't go back to the drawing board they would be forgotten and this time no Microsoft or Steve Jobs to lift it back up. They care only about money. Apple wasn't really about money. They innovated and made money alongside. Steve was word over 20 Mills in his mid twenties and it never mattered because he cared more about innovation.

Why are stakeholders scared of Apple decisions lately? Poke mom go never existed and a small company called Niantic made good amount of cash through it likewise Nintendo. If they were saving the cash and not investing, this wouldn't happen.

In the tech world it's beyond just making money. Apple should know that
even if apple fails in iphhone,mac and ipad sales(which are all plummenting in sales at an alarming rate),they got over 230 BILLION DOLLARS in their bank account to invest in other businesses.their bromance with microsoft is another backing dey got.in case u dont know,apple and microsoft made a vow to share patents.dat means:once microsoft innovated,apple can iuse the patents.a good example is ipad pro with surface-esque keyboard and stus patents

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by martineinstein(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
MrFord1:

More android TVs will be released in the future. Samsung Fridge T9000 runs on android but apps cant be installed on it. It is really a beautiful fridge.
it seems u dont knowbandroid OEMs animosity towards google.google's policies are wicked.dats y most of her OEMS are developing their own OS for next technology
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by KuliMart: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
samnificent:
I found out that The wisest person here is somehowpenis grin the rest are just crazy grin grin

Android Os Versus iOs is an unending brawl.... this thread can get to 1000+ pages and still no 1 will win... so my advice everyone just stick to what u like....

But iStand with iOs grin .... Android is just fragile.. apart from Samsung gS6 and others G series... look at other devices (e.g Lenovo,Xiaomi, gionee, Tecno etc) without Scloud running Android Os... Once ur device is stolen all the vital info/docs u stored on it will just easily walk into another man's hand.
Apple pay is even more secure and faster than any android pay...

IPhone 7 is coming in just few weeks time... lets see what Apple has for us.

Xiaomi have Mi Cloud and Mi account.

As it if you have mi account linked to any Xiaomi phone, you cannot reset or flash it without unlocking the phone with mi account account.

Mi cloud just work like iCloud. There's also anti-theft function on Xiaomi phones.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by bodmas119(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
u can use d battery 4a month if charged fully
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by lascopes(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Yeye quiz...Google don shut down
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by omolola15(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:
If u like ios then buy it... U can't go wrong with the 6s or 6s plus. If u can afford the 6s plus then even better because it has a better battery (one of the phones with the best battery life, 2,750 mah lasts longer than lots of android with 4,000mah, best standby time)

Display: both have great display, 6s is 720p while 6s plus is 1080p... Both are sharp with great viewing angles, great contrast and can be read in direct sunlight. The 6s with 720p has a sharper display than lots of android with 1080p because of the screen size.

Camera: great camera, might not be better than galaxy s7 camera but the iPhone camera is up there among the best mobile phone cameras . 6s plus is slightly better because it has ois.

Apps; lots and loads of apps, not just apps but well polished apps.

Design: do I need to say anything? Iphones have always have great designs, those things are well built.

Performance: there's no phone out there that is faster than the iPhone 6s or 6s plus. With 2gb of ram it multitasks better than any android with 4gb of ram.

Downside: no sd card support, so u might wanna get one with at least 32gb storage. Also ur music library can only be managed using iTunes, no Bluetooth file transfer, ur iTunes library can only be managed by one computer, use an other computer to sync and u lose all ur files. No file manager, u can't side load apps. However most of these can be possible when u jailbreak. I no longer have time for jailbreaking, rooting or tweaking, but let people like somehowpenis come and shed more light.

No 32gb for iPhone 6 upward. There's 16, 64 and 128gb
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dadaha: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Why would the most beautiful woman in the world use make up?
Why would people customize Lamborghini Veron?
Why would Mr Universe gym for six packs grin grin

Bros tweaking is just to customize to your personal taste, take out what you don't need in fact wipe the OS empty and put in just what is useful to you.

As for the virtual reality it simply exclusive to Samsung Galaxy high end phones. Just like your 3D TV experience but this is quit different as you can view an object 360° and you can interact with it. You get the Samsung Gear VR then slot your phone into it next wear it like a glass and you are in another world.
Right in your room you could decide to go skydiving, go watch a match at a stadium, go for a concert or a show........ The difference is that you aren't just watching on a screen you are right there that's how realistic it is.

VR is not really exclusive to Samsung. It can be done with any phone with magnetometer and VR app. Samsung only expanded on it
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kiddominant(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
How dare u compare any phone with S7 edge or Note 7, How dare u?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by niggi4life(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
I stopped using iPhone at the iPhone 4s and believe me when i switched over to the open sourced android platform i had no regrets even up till date.
I used to be a Linux Administrator and earned millions of bucks being one every year, apart from the fact that android can give you root access to your phone, it can also help you better being a very proactive guru in the linux world, iPhone is more as useless for people living in the 3rd world country like Nigeria because most of their apps won't just work.
I won't say much but I will advise to go for an android phone, preferably a Samsung if you desire all your intent
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
Greenhulk/somehowpenis...trade in ur phones for the new one na..#smiles#at least its going on now in istore nigeria..dat's one good thing i like about them
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
So the thread made front page? Good riddance.. Unfollowing, bossmd and greenhulk, see you guys hopefully in another thread..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Another reason to get an iPhone is to differentiate yourself from the Tecno and Gionee users cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kiddominant:
How dare u compare any phone with S7 edge or Note 7, How dare u?

What do you know about phone other than those numerical characteristics that Samsung keep fooling you with e.g., 5GB RAM yet Apple iPhone with 2GB RAM disgraced it grin, 3,600mAh Battery yet on a long day use the Apple iPhone 6S plus is still breathing fine breaking no sweat while your coveted S7 has gone to meet its creator. AMOLED Display that put your phone on a constant heat and drinks the battery juice no thanks to poor system optimization. There is more to a smartphone than meets the eye, it is not just about those ultimate warrior figures your Samsung keep adding to their devices year in year out. A lot of hardcore intelligence is involved and that is where APPLE become handy.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
niggi4life:
I stopped using iPhone at the iPhone 4s and believe me when i switched over to the open sourced android platform i had no regrets even up till date.
I used to be a Linux Administrator and earned millions of bucks being one every year, apart from the fact that android can give you root access to your phone, it can also help you better being a very proactive guru in the linux world, iPhone is more as useless for people living in the 3rd world country like Nigeria because most of their apps won't just work.
I won't say much but I will advise to go for an android phone, preferably a Samsung if you desire all your intent

That is what keep saying, buy a phone tailored towards your needs.

AppStore apps don't work in Nigeria?

Ignorance they say is bliss.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
So the thread made front page? Good riddance.. Unfollowing, bossmd and greenhulk, see you guys hopefully in another thread..

Front page? shocked shocked

Lobatan!!!
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by MrCEO69(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
bimbor:
Hello guys,

I am about to buy the iPhone 6S. I need an expert advice on the Phone. How is the experience like using the phone? How long can the battery last on a full charge? What about the Camera? How is the Camera compared to the Samsung galaxy S7 edge? What of display quality. Which is the better value, the iPhone 6S or 6S plus? Your candid opinions will be appreciated.

Big bro, owfar now, bro i need to pay for my sch fees oh! Hp u can help me out. wink
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Teedeechian(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
FP tinz
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:
If u like ios then buy it... U can't go wrong with the 6s or 6s plus. If u can afford the 6s plus then even better because it has a better battery (one of the phones with the best battery life, 2,750 mah lasts longer than lots of android with 4,000mah, best standby time)

Display: both have great display, 6s is 720p while 6s plus is 1080p... Both are sharp with great viewing angles, great contrast and can be read in direct sunlight. The 6s with 720p has a sharper display than lots of android with 1080p because of the screen size.

Camera: great camera, might not be better than galaxy s7 camera but the iPhone camera is up there among the best mobile phone cameras . 6s plus is slightly better because it has ois.

Apps; lots and loads of apps, not just apps but well polished apps.

Design: do I need to say anything? Iphones have always have great designs, those things are well built.

Performance: there's no phone out there that is faster than the iPhone 6s or 6s plus. With 2gb of ram it multitasks better than any android with 4gb of ram.

Downside: no sd card support, so u might wanna get one with at least 32gb storage. Also ur music library can only be managed using iTunes, no Bluetooth file transfer, ur iTunes library can only be managed by one computer, use an other computer to sync and u lose all ur files. No file manager, u can't side load apps. However most of these can be possible when u jailbreak. I no longer have time for jailbreaking, rooting or tweaking, but let people like somehowpenis come and shed more light.
about battery, stop typing what you don't have idea of....

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I think I can't emphasize more than what has been said there about the iPhone 6s I've used it but sold it 3 days later why? You just have a solid phone you can't tweak to your taste.

Mind you I was coming from Note 5 after selling the iPhone 6s I got Galaxy S7 edge....let me summarize it in one sentence "End of discussion"
From freedom of tweaking to custom roms down to dust and water resistance I actually went swimming with it the second day grin grin. Then if you ever dive into the world of virtual reality which is an amazing feature you could actually take a tour to your favorite destination, go skydiving or mountain climbing..... This isn't like a movie you watch on the TV it actually feels like you are right there you can interact with object..... Adrenaline rush when someone points a gun at you.

As for battery I took out some bloatwares.... I'm a heavy user if I leave the house by 7am with 100% battery I come back around 6pm with about 60% battery so you can comfortably go the whole day with a full charge.

Camera? It has an edge over iPhone 6s that's understandable cos it was released this year.

You can actually slot in 256GB memory card if you so wish.
Dual Sim option if you so wish.

Lastly head to Galaxy s7 edge palace on XDA forums you could yet discover the feats the monster phone could achieve.

My last words.
If you are not interested in tweaks, customization and freedom that comes with Android please get IPhone 6s you won't regret it besides the restrictions. on the contrary bros galaxy S7 edge is a joy to behold.

Good one

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

I have been using a galaxy s6 for over a year, great phone, terrible battery. I have to charge it at least 3 times a day. If I have 100% by 7am... By 12 noon it would be down to 20% with power saving on. If u use my iPhone 5s the same way I would still have 50% by noon without power saving on. IPhone 5s has a considerable smaller battery than galaxy s6. If that is not first hand experince enough then what is? If I have 100% battery by 10pm and go to bed, by the time I'm up by 6am I would have like 93%... On my iPhone I wouod still have 100%. This has been the case with the s5, s4 and s3 which I've used. The only Samsung flagship I didn't buy is the s7, but would probably get the note 7.

The area Samsung phones shine is while watching videos, but for Web browsing it consumes more battery than iphones.
S6 battery is worst, you can't compare it with s7 edge.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

I currently use the S4 and the battery life is now so embarrassing. On a full charge and going full throttles on Internet and heavy usage the battery cannot last more than two hours. I have used the device for about two years now. Samsung batteries tend to depreciate so fast. That is where Apple is better, simple. No need for any arguments on this one, it's an incontrovertible fact.

But when it comes to beautiful display Samsung completely outshines Apple with the AMOLED Screens and solid camera features. But if you need a durable product with good resale value the iPhone is it. I am fed up of Android and will hopefully wait for the iPhone 7, if the iPhone 7 doesn't cut it I will wait for the Apple 10th Anniversary iPhone 8.
lol you know how many years you have been using that battery eehn?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Convert Java Phone To Android / Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.