Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (69921 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by jossyjay14: 1:40am On Aug 27, 2016
Guys pls how do I use this glo weekend plan on a blackberry phone, since its not on the list of blackberry plans??
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by vincent64(m): 1:48am On Aug 27, 2016
HEY GUYS AM HERE FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS IN NEED OF UNLOCKING HIS/HER IPHONES BE IT CARRIER LOCK OR ICLOUD LOCK. WHATEVER IT MAY BE.

AT AFFORDABLE PRICE

CONTACT ME AT 08169476382.
THANKS
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dadaha: 1:56am On Aug 27, 2016
VICTOR4LYF:

Correction-D number 1 tin/sensor a smartphone needs 2 handle VR is gyroscope not magnetometer (compass) My Gionee M3 mini has compass but doesnt have gyroscope (mostly found in high end fones). Installed the Google cardboard app on it (side loaded it) but it didn't work out.Same with other VR apps. BTW Google beat Samsung or any other company in the mobile phone industry to VR with its Google cardboard. It was d first & still d cheapest way 2 experience mobile VR.U can even build urs including the lens. 2)VR as a whole dates back to d 1950s.Kindly do more research on virtual reality. Wikipedia is a good place to start.
.As for the virtual reality it simply exclusive to Samsung Galaxy high end phones
.yeah, I made a mistake there. It's a gyroscope (actually remembered later but had to wait for your response) . But then VR is still not exclusive to Samsung. That's my basic point .

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 27, 2016
VICTOR4LYF:

Correction-D number 1 tin/sensor a smartphone needs 2 handle VR is gyroscope not magnetometer (compass) My Gionee M3 mini has compass but doesnt have gyroscope (mostly found in high end fones). Installed the Google cardboard app on it (side loaded it) but it didn't work out.Same with other VR apps. BTW Google beat Samsung or any other company in the mobile phone industry to VR with its Google cardboard. It was d first & still d cheapest way 2 experience mobile VR.U can even build urs including the lens. 2)VR as a whole dates back to d 1950s.Kindly do more research on virtual reality. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

Yes Google cardboard was the first mobile phone vr but it is no where near Samsung's gear vr experience. Cardboard is good to demonstrate vr to a first time user... Gear vr gives a more immersive experience. I have both and I can't remember the last time u used cardboard even though it looked like a big deal before I got the gear vr.

Google cardboard lacks focus control, volume rocker and touch sensitive control. While watching movies on cardboard there is considerable drift which ruins the experience, u will have to keep the display the centred at a few minutes interval. Also most of the vr apps on the play store are like demos, but head into the oculus store on gear vr and u will see full heavy apps, experiences and games that u can never find on the play store. Ansher wars 2 alone is like 1.4gb and that game is console quality. U cannot play that kind of game on google cardboard.. Well at least until they launch daydream.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 27, 2016
dadaha:
VR is not really exclusive to Samsung. It can be done with any phone with magnetometer and VR app. Samsung only expanded on it

Actually not just any phone... When u say any phone so u think it can work with infinix hot or Gionee m3 or even m5? Vr needs a phone with powerful processor, plenty of ram and high resolution screen, preferably qhd display but can still manage 1080p. All those 1.3ghz mtk phones will not last 10 minutes in vr even if the have gyroscope.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually not just any phone... When u say any phone so u think it can work with infinix hot or Gionee m3 or even m5? Vr needs a phone with powerful processor, plenty of ram and high resolution screen, preferably qhd display but can still manage 1080p. All those 1.3ghz mtk phones will not last 10 minutes in vr even if the have gyroscope.

Lool.....you call those things in MTK chassis phones? C'mon Bros! grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by cindyrocks(f): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2016
"The goal is to be rich, not to look rich".
abatically:

Yes it is expensive, but if u can afford it then why not? A bottle of Lanson Salmanazar champagne costs 95k and above and there are people that buy up to 3 bottles at clubs on Fridays... That is more than the price of an iPhone.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 6:16am On Aug 27, 2016
cindyrocks:
"The goal is to be rich, not to look rich".

Yeah. Make the dough first before considering iPhones
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by seunoni34(m): 7:46am On Aug 27, 2016
greenhulk:

IPhone 6s plus has 2,750mah battery and it is one of the phones with the best battery life. One thing iphones have is good standby time which Samsung phones suffer from. U can go to sleep at 10pm with 100% battery and wake up 6am with 100%. If that was a Samsung u would wake up with like 94% or less. And yes iPhone 6s plus has better battery than most androids with 4,000mah battery.
Lol you're a joke to technology for saying this. Give me an 3xample of an android phone wit 4000mah that you compared your iPhone 2750mah battery with then we can talk on if you have a valid point or not. Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by jmichlins(m): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Lool.....you call those things in MTK chassis phones? C'mon Bros! grin
what are they if not phones? Well you can afford the iPhone 7 and stuff but folks like me can only afford dem MTK not even the octacore processors dem but dual and quad cores. Someone asked for a help with phone here and you directed him to greenhulk maybe you can do just more than that and help him with one even if a single core. Sometime ago oga greenhulk posted a photo of someone who stole his LG G3 and I begged him to get the phone back and bless my life with it but he told me that he doesn't have such time and am like what?!!! If you don't have time for such a great stuff what then will you have time for then I reckoned not everyone is broke like me. But it's going to be my testimony

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 8:19am On Aug 27, 2016
For those looking to buy the new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge please take note that the Micro SD Card access that came with Mashmallow where you can use your Micro SD Card as internal memory to store apps has been removed by Samsung in the S7 edge. Their argument was that it was no longer needed since the phone comes with 32gb internal hdd outerbox. So if you are buying take note. You can only use your micro sd card to store media files ONLY.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2016
seunoni34:

Lol you're a joke to technology for saying this. Give me an 3xample of an android phone wit 4000mah that you compared your iPhone 2750mah battery with then we can talk on if you have a valid point or not. Smh undecided
I advice that you do your physical research before you call someone "a joke to technology". Your don't work based on figures, do an experiment okay?? thank u

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by seunoni34(m): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2016
Cathony:

I advice that you do your physical research before you call someone "a joke to technology". Your don't work based on figures, do an experiment okay?? thank u
Give me the name of the 4000mah Android phone you performed the experience with to come up with your conclusion that 2750mah last longer than most 4000nah phones or shut the the he'll up with your fanboy analysis.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 8:57am On Aug 27, 2016
seunoni34:
Give me the name of the 4000mah Android phone you performed the experience with to come up with your conclusion that 2750mah last longer than most 4000nah phones or shut the the he'll up with your fanboy analysis.

Guy calm down, there is more to battery performance than just numbers! Listen to them, they are talking from due diligence.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Take it or leave it MacBook is a premium product not made for every tom, dikk and Harry.

There is a fact you are failing to realize. Apple is for Elites while Google products are made to rescue the poor and make them feel a little of what the rich are feeling.

Shut up. Anybody uses iPhones. I see more iphones around me than s6 upwards and by iPhone I mean series 6 and 6s.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

What was responsible for that? It was mostly Jailbroken devices that were compromised

Here comes another lie. Smh for these Apple ass lickers. So celebs now have time to jailbreak their phones. Splendid!
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by seunoni34(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Guy calm down, there is more to battery performance than just numbers! Listen to them, they are talking from due diligence.
I'm not disputing but he should give me the name of the Android phone he used for comparisons to arrive at such bogus conclusion. And again did you just say there's more to battery performance than just numbers ? This is serious. Why are you apple guys so dull when it comes to hardware specifications? If theres more to a battery performance than its numbers then why are the manufacturers putting the battery mah there? In what unit is a battery capacity measured? Even a primary school student can attest that 4000 is greater than 2750. Saying there's more to that than just numbers is same as saying there's more to a phone RAM than just the RAM size or saying there's more to a phone's PROCESSOR than just the number of cores or ghz. Your analogies defies logic. Simple!

There's nothing wrong in defending your (over priced) mobile phone, but you should do that with valid and provable points, every android is different, every iPhone (make) is the same. You don't pick one random android phone and use that to judge the others because they all differ in hardware specifications. So he should tell me which particular 4000mah one he used to compare to his phones battery , I'm not here to fight, I'm just curious.

The fact that him or you can't provide me with one shows that he's just generalizing hastily to boost his ego, he really knows less than an average old hag phone user who only sees "high price tag" / "premium" as high specs

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 27, 2016
Cathony:

Guy I take God beg you, make research before you post incorrect stuffs in here, Apple has always been the least vulnerable in terms of hacking issues globally...#NoDisrespeK

I made the research on his behalf and since u made none but concluded based on fanboyism. Below is what you asked for

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2016
Seriously, we don't need to call out anyone, or ridicule someone because of his/her tech choice, we learn new stuffs everyday, I love my iPhone because it does whatever I want that's why I got it, you love your android phones better because its good for you. We shouldn't be sentimental about these things at all.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I think I can't emphasize more than what has been said there about the iPhone 6s I've used it but sold it 3 days later why? You just have a solid phone you can't tweak to your taste.

Mind you I was coming from Note 5 after selling the iPhone 6s I got Galaxy S7 edge....let me summarize it in one sentence "End of discussion"
From freedom of tweaking to custom roms down to dust and water resistance I actually went swimming with it the second day grin grin. Then if you ever dive into the world of virtual reality which is an amazing feature you could actually take a tour to your favorite destination, go skydiving or mountain climbing..... This isn't like a movie you watch on the TV it actually feels like you are right there you can interact with object..... Adrenaline rush when someone points a gun at you.

As for battery I took out some bloatwares.... I'm a heavy user if I leave the house by 7am with 100% battery I come back around 6pm with about 60% battery so you can comfortably go the whole day with a full charge.

Camera? It has an edge over iPhone 6s that's understandable cos it was released this year.

You can actually slot in 256GB memory card if you so wish.
Dual Sim option if you so wish.

Lastly head to Galaxy s7 edge palace on XDA forums you could yet discover the feats the monster phone could achieve.

My last words.
If you are not interested in tweaks, customization and freedom that comes with Android please get IPhone 6s you won't regret it besides the restrictions. on the contrary bros galaxy S7 edge is a joy to behold.

Regarding the camera, the previous galaxies S and note has a better camera than 6s so it's not because S7 is a newer version.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2016
seunoni34:

Lol.. really? I wrote this based on personal experience. Currently I own an iPhone 5s and galaxy s6. Before then I have used lg g3, htc one m7 and Sony xperia z1. I have never had any android phone that gave me good battery life.

My iPhone 5s has 1,560mah battery and it lasts longer than my galaxy s6 with 2,550mah even though the Samsung is the newer phone. All my android phones are stock, I don't root, I don't tweak. I can go to bed by 10pm with 100% on my iPhone and wake up by 6am with 100% with wifi on. Same thing on my Samsung I will have like 92% battery life with wifi on, with wifi off I would have like 96%. It was the same experience with lg g3 which had 3,000mah battery, though the LG had better stabdby time than my galaxy s6, but screen on time is too low. I have NEVER seen a phone with better stabdby time than an iPhone.

Now this are real life battery experience where u will use ur phone for some minutes and then put it in ur pocket, iPhone 5s will comfortably last a day while the 6s plus will last a day and a half, a galaxy s7 edge with 3,500mah will last a day then will need a charge. But for my galaxy s6 I always need to charge before 3pm on moderate use... For heavy usage I normally kill it before 11am.

where it differs is when u use ur phone non stop, like continuously playing a video without break, then a galaxy s7 edge would last longer than an iPhone 6s plus, but really who uses a phone like that? For real life usage iphones are beasts because they have the best standby time.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2016
Cathony:
Seriously, we don't need to call out anyone, or ridicule someone because of his/her tech choice, we learn new stuffs everyday, I love my iPhone because it does whatever I want that's why I got it, you love your android phones better because its good for you. We shouldn't be sentimental about these things at all.

Ollah1 is a degenerate with brain dead Android views. His matter was long settled as early as page 4 of this thread. We mostly ignore him because of his clandestine attitudes and utter vulgar remarks. His main weapon is obscene languages and he orchestrates his art with major character assassination. In other cultures you call such people fools. So when he talks we hardly reckon, we just let it slide.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol.. really? I wrote this based on personal experience. Currently I own an iPhone 5s and galaxy s6. Before then I have used lg g3, htc one m7 and Sony xperia z1. I have never had any android phone that gave me good battery life.

My iPhone 5s has 1,560mah battery and it lasts longer than my galaxy s6 with 2,550mah even though the Samsung is the newer phone. All my android phones are stock, I don't root, I don't tweak. I can go to bed by 10pm with 100% on my iPhone and wake up by 6am with 100% with wifi on. Same thing on my Samsung I will have like 92% battery life with wifi on, with wifi off I would have like 96%. It was the same experience with lg g3 which had 3,000mah battery, though the LG had better stabdby time than my galaxy s6, but screen on time is too low. I have NEVER seen a phone with better stabdby time than an iPhone.

Now this are real life battery experience where u will use ur phone for some minutes and then put it in ur pocket, iPhone 5s will comfortably last a day while the 6s plus will last a day and a half, a galaxy s7 edge with 3,500mah will last a day then will need a charge. But for my galaxy s6 I always need to charge before 3pm on moderate use... For heavy usage I normally kill it before 11am.

where it differs is when u use ur phone non stop, like continuously playing a video without break, then a galaxy s7 edge would last longer than an iPhone 6s plus, but really who uses a phone like that? For real life usage iphones are beasts because they have the best standby time.

Dude you are one hell of a sentimental dude. Yes your iPhone 5s last longer than the S6. What are the things you carry out on both phones? S6 is pushing 4x the pixels of iPhone 5s.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Ollah1 is a degenerate with brain dead Android views. His matter was long settled as early as page 4 of this thread. We mostly ignore him because of his clandestine attitudes and utter vulgar remarks. His main weapon is obscene languages and he orchestrates his art with major character assassination. In other cultures you call such people fools. So when he talks we hardly reckon, we just let it slide.

Lol what else would you say? I murdered you lots through and through with facts. I would really want Cathony to go through the thread page by page and confirm how you lots are sentimental and how you were schooled with facts.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2016
Cathony:

Guy I take God beg you, make research before you post incorrect stuffs in here, Apple has always been the least vulnerable in terms of hacking issues globally...#NoDisrespeK
stop arguing what you don't know because you want to come and start forming one big boy here. Carry your phone and Google it, you will see countless of Icloud hacking stuff. Probably you just started using apple if not you wont even argue this lol

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2016
Kunlegzy:
stop arguing what you don't know because you want to come and start forming one big boy here. Carry your phone and Google it, you will see countless of Icloud hacking stuff. Probably you just started using apple if not you wont even argue this lol

Don't mind these dudes that feels Apples products are top notch through and though. They feel you are rich to have such a product in ur hands. Lol. Poor man mentality.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2016
ollah1:

Dude you are one hell of a sentimental dude. Yes your iPhone 5s last longer than the S6. What are the things you carry out on both phones? S6 is pushing 4x the pixels of iPhone 5s.

Dude the guy asked me to give an example where an iPhone with lower mah lasts longer than an android with higher mah and I just did. Actually it is not about the pixel it is pushing, where iPhone shines is standby and and that is why the screen is off.. so does a phone push out pixels while the screen is off? It is an os thing. Every android phones I've used always have battery drain while the screen is off and all my phones are flagship, no cheap mtk phones.

My s6 battery is so poor I had to buy a power case for it just so it can get me from 7am to 5pm.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2016
greenhulk:

Dude the guy asked me to give an example where an iPhone with lower mah lasts longer than an android with higher mah and I just did. Actually it is not about the pixel it is pushing, where iPhone shines is standby and and that is why the screen is off.. so does a phone push out pixels while the screen is off? It is an os thing. Every android phones I've used always have battery drain while the screen is off and all my phones are flagship, no cheap mtk phones.

So literally your iPhone 5s chills all day long to have lasted that long on standby time. Abi u wanna fine tune this again
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 10:00am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:

What was responsible for that? It was mostly Jailbroken devices that were compromised
celebrities doesn't jail break. What for? They will easily compromised.
https://www.wired.com/2016/08/hacking-group-selling-ios-vulnerabilities-state-actors/
The above is just happening two days ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos

http://www.ibtimes.com/icloud-nude-leaks-26-celebrities-affected-nude-photo-scandal-1692540

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/01/technology/apple-iphone-account-hack/

Would have uploaded some of those if not because it would amount to serious violation of this people right. Can we just end this argument of security and stuffs. Whatever America build is always made to be convey to the world that it's the best, that's American selling point. They prefer to sell their product and their citizens will buy it. Chevrolet, GM motors and Cardilac etc are the best cars to an American despite the fact that you can buy a whole filling station to satisfy their fuel hugging capabilities. Nigerians should copy Americans let's patronize our own. Let's eat our local rice lol. Peace out

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2016
ollah1:

So literally your iPhone 5s chills all day long to have lasted that long on standby time. Abi u wanna fine tune this again

Fine tune what? I get 5 hours plus screen on time on my iPhone, I get 3 hours on my s6. On heavy usage my s6 gets to 30% before 11am while my iPhone would be on around 70%. That is chill all day?

Look at the screenshot below, I woke up around 8am with 70% on my s6 and I've been using it since 8am... Now I have 25%. I had 100% on my iPhone and I've been using that too but still have 99%.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2016
Kunlegzy:
celebrities doesn't jail break. What for? They will easily compromised.
https://www.wired.com/2016/08/hacking-group-selling-ios-vulnerabilities-state-actors/
The above is just happening two days ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud_leaks_of_celebrity_photos

http://www.ibtimes.com/icloud-nude-leaks-26-celebrities-affected-nude-photo-scandal-1692540

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/01/technology/apple-iphone-account-hack/

Would have uploaded some of those if not because it would amount to serious violation of this people right. Can we just end this argument of security and stuffs. Whatever America build is always made to be convey to the world that it's the best, that's American selling point. They prefer to sell their product and their citizens will buy it. Chevrolet, GM motors and Cardilac etc are the best cars to an American despite the fact that you can buy a whole filling station to satisfy their fuel hugging capabilities. Nigerians should copy Americans let's patronize our own. Let's eat our local rice lol. Peace out

I've killed these guys with facts and facts but their hypocrisy and fanboyism is beyond me. Glad you are schooling them too but watch how you will be ignored totally and replied with meaningless comment.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2016
Bossmd:
For those looking to buy the new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge please take note that the Micro SD Card access that came with Mashmallow where you can use your Micro SD Card as internal memory to store apps has been removed by Samsung in the S7 edge. Their argument was that it was no longer needed since the phone comes with 32gb internal hdd outerbox. So if you are buying take note. You can only use your micro sd card to store media files ONLY.
still one of those things am not talking about. That is not an issue.... Cos we have countless of apk file that does that job irrespective of whatever Samsung think of his device. That's why it's called android. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Convert Java Phone To Android / Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.