Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (71488 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

Can u just for once stop being a fanboy and reason with a free mind. This is not about Android vs ios... It is about reality. Mcbooks have been around since 2006 while the first consumer chromebook was released in 2011. Mcbooks have been popular especially in the USA before chromebook was born and it took another 2-3 yrs before people actually started giving chromebook a chance. Bro, it was a matter of time before chromebook start outselling mcbooks, not because chromebook are better but because they are cheaper. The price of one mcbook will buy 5 or more chromebooks. So it is very easy for elementary schools to provide chromebooks for studies than mcbooks. Also it is easier for youths and adults to keep their mcbook in the office or at home and use chromebooks on the go for light works.

Mcbooks are premium products, chromebooks are not. Toyota will sell more corolla than lambourghi. Go to the market and try to sell Eva bottle water and pure sachet water... I'm sure u will sell a full bag of pure water before u sell one Eva water.

Stop it bro. The only person not reasoning with a free mind here is you. Macbook was outselling the pc as the latter has been decling. Chromebook is presenting outselling macs. Yes it's cheaper but is the outcome of the sales affecting Apple. That's a big yes.

Stakeholders don't care if their competitors sell their products for $1if it doest affect theirs but once it begins affecting it then it becomes a problem. At the moment, the stakeholders aren't good with the outcome in the PC market regarding how Mac sales are declining ..

The cars are nd water analogies don't work here.
Apple fanboys would say anything to lick Apples ass.

You clubbing tonight? cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:
I guess you're right, but you'd agree with me that majority of people who use 4 inch phones are elderly folks who don't upgrade often and they are in the minority. True, the iPhone SE wasn't a major release, so who really cares right?
i don't know if it matters but i got an iphone se, although i still even own a 6s presently, i use the SE more as my daily driver, because i prefer a much sexy looking screen and its a lil bit more faster than the 6s.. So really their are people who loved the SE and prayed for its release, the only downside i have to it that pains me tho is the no 3D Touch feature.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by sokotoburundi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

Comic interlude grin grin

My brother ask greenhulk, his 5S is due for upgrade, he will dash you and get the new iPhone 7. He's a big boy grin
lol bros this is no play o. I know Nigerians can't be trusted but sometimes a person can truly be in need. I need help guys... Givers never lack...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

Comic interlude grin grin

My brother ask greenhulk, his 5S is due for upgrade, he will dash you and get the new iPhone 7. He's a big boy grin

Lol. Bros u be my oga now, I dey follow u for back.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by sokotoburundi(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. Bros u be my oga now, I dey follow u for back.
oga greenhulk i just heard u have something for me... Bros anything is welcomed o...bros no fall my hand o...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 9jatatafo(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

Share your experience so that others can learn.

I bought the iphone and the shop I bought it from, one of their engineers helped in making the icloud account, being a first user, I never knew how important the icloud user name and password was, not until my daughter mistakenly hit the phone and it fell from the table where I was charging it and got broken. I took it to an engineer to get it fixed as the phone could not boot pasr the apple logo, then I was told to provide the icloud username and password, behold I rushed back to where I bought the phone after 7 months, the guy who did it is gone. Now the phone is useless with me as we talk. All my files and everything is gone. Though iphone is very smooth and good to use. I enjoyed the 7 months I used it.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Stop it bro. The only person not reasoning with a free mind here is you. Macbook was outselling the pc as the latter has been decling. Chromebook is presenting outselling macs. Yes it's cheaper but is the outcome of the sales affecting Apple. That's a big yes.

Stakeholders don't care if their competitors sell their products for $1if it doest affect theirs but once it begins affecting it then it becomes a problem. At the moment, the stakeholders aren't good with the outcome in the PC market regarding how Mac sales are declining ..

greenhulk:

Speaking from a neutral point of view, it is actually expected that Chromebooks outsell mcbooks. I mean Hyundai sonata will always outsell Ferrari California, and toyota corolla will always outsell anything bentley release all together. Pure water satchet will always outsell Eva bottle water.
Where am I driving at? [b]Apple mcbooks are all premium laptops while Chromebooks are low- mid range low powered PCs.[/b]A mcbook costs between $1,200 up to $5,000 while a Chromebook costs between $250-$400. On the average 8 Chromebooks sold is equivalent to 1 mcbook. About 2 million units of chrimebooks were sold in the first quarter of this year while apple sold about 1.7 million mcbooks. I was actually expecting Chromebooks to well more.. This is still a win for Apple.

Take it or leave it MacBook is a premium product not made for every tom, dikk and Harry.

There is a fact you are failing to realize. Apple is for Elites while Google products are made to rescue the poor and make them feel a little of what the rich are feeling.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
i don't know if it matters but i got an iphone se, although i still even own a 6s presently, i use the SE more as my daily driver, because i prefer a much sexy looking screen and its a lil bit more faster than the 6s.. So really their are people who loved the SE and prayed for its release, the only downside i have to it that pains me tho is the no 3D Touch feature.
Haha" sexy looking" I like that. I didn't say there wasn't a market for the SE, I just said that the market is very small. The SE was never meant to be a game changer hence the awkward release timing. Its all good tho. Whatever milks your cow.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
9jatatafo:

I bought the iphone and the shop I bought it from, one of their engineers helped in making the icloud account, being a first user, I never knew how important the icloud user name and password was, not until my daughter mistakenly hit the phone and it fell from the table where I was charging it and got broken. I took it to an engineer to get it fixed as the phone could not boot pasr the apple logo, then I was told to provide the icloud username and password, behold I rushed back to where I bought the phone after 7 months, the guy who did it is gone. Now the phone is useless with me as we talk. All my files and everything is gone. Though iphone is very smooth and good to use. I enjoyed the 7 months I used it.
this is very sad really, if indeed you did purchase it from that store and its still just 7 months old, you could take it to any apple office and they will have it removed in no time if you are able to provide the receipts.. And the service is free, because you are still under warranty..

Or 2ndly,? He used your email when creating it for you, you could restore the password using your email...

Anything outside these two options, sadly i do not know, execpt maybe spending about $300 to have it removed
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 3rdeye1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
Greehulk have said it all.. What i will put in is this, you should understand how iphone works, once you get it, you automatically say goodbye to tweaking, sending musics through Bluetooth and all that, sdcard support, .. Just know that it comes with rules and if you accept those rules which really isn't a problem at all then, you need not know nothing else the iphone 6s will serve you splendidly, you would be amazed , it will hardly dissapoint you when you need it, everything just works perfectly..

If you have a laptop, then go for the iphone, you have no worries, if you don't own a laptop, sadly try and get one before getting an iphone or go for the samsung s7...
bro.. How does a laptop help in using iPhone 6 pls? I have one but I'm in dare need of songs on it. Though it is never boring without music but I'm just the music type. Aside this 'iTunes Store' , how best can I ey songs on it. I have a laptop too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 3rdeye1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
Greehulk have said it all.. What i will put in is this, you should understand how iphone works, once you get it, you automatically say goodbye to tweaking, sending musics through Bluetooth and all that, sdcard support, .. Just know that it comes with rules and if you accept those rules which really isn't a problem at all then, you need not know nothing else the iphone 6s will serve you splendidly, you would be amazed , it will hardly dissapoint you when you need it, everything just works perfectly..

If you have a laptop, then go for the iphone, you have no worries, if you don't own a laptop, sadly try and get one before getting an iphone or go for the samsung s7...
bro.. How does a laptop help in using iPhone 6 pls? I have one but I'm in dare need of songs on it. Though it is never boring without music but I'm just the music type. Aside this 'iTunes Store' , how best can I ey songs on it. I have a laptop too. Thanks bro
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Bro, we can actually get a good argument but let's get the fanboyism out of the way. Google are a smart company, they know they have no chance if they go head to head with apple in the hardcore premium laptop department. So they created a low energy Chromebook. Actually Chromebooks are no competition for mcbooks... U and I know u can't do serious video editing on Chromebooks, nor can u perform power intensive tasks. At least for now Chromebooks are laptops for for simple tasks. I know gradually Google will try to improve it and make it more mainframe but for now it is what it is... a spare laptop.

When u talk about a real competiton it is surface pro vs iPad pro. As much as people say iPad is just an overinflated iPhone, iPad pro is still outselling surface pro even though the surface packs more power. Microsoft could have taken it easy and release a cheaper surface pro but they went all head to head and they still cant outsell an over inflated iPhone (iPad pro).

No clubbing tonight, unless u are buying me drinks.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:
Haha" sexy looking" I like that. I didn't say there wasn't a market for the SE, I just said that the market is very small. The SE was never meant to be a game changer hence the awkward release timing. Its all good tho. Whatever milks your cow.
thats okay mahn

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 9jatatafo(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
this is very sad really, if indeed you did purchase it from that store and its still just 7 months old, you could take it to any apple office and they will have it removed in no time if you are able to provide the receipts.. And the service is free, because you are still under warranty..

Or 2ndly,? He used your email when creating it for you, you could restore the password using your email...

Anything outside these two options, sadly i do not know, execpt maybe spending about $300 to have it removed

Many thanks and I will take to your suggestions above

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 3rdeye1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:

. How does a laptop help in using iPhone 6 pls? I have one but I'm in dare need of songs on it. Though it is never boring without music but I'm just the music type. Aside this 'iTunes Store' , how best can I get songs on it. I have a laptop too. Thanks bro
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by jmichlins(m): 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:

$300 to have an icloud account removed. Chaii this life is something else. You know that money can get me a fairly used phone that I will definitely enjoy. My time is coming I just have to exercise patience
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
3rdeye1:
bro.. How does a laptop help in using iPhone 6 pls? I have one but I'm in dare need of songs on it. Though it is never boring without music but I'm just the music type. Aside this 'iTunes Store' , how best can I ey songs on it. I have a laptop too. Thanks
if you could go to maybe page 7 or 8 or 9 of the thread , i showed how it could be done using either ITOOLS or APPCAKE, , its very possible bro.. Hope it helps...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
3rdeye1:

Download iTunes on ur laptop. Download tons of music on ur laptop, add them to ur iTunes library, u can create playlists to keep them more organised, then connect ur phone and sync ur music. Done.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
jmichlins:
$300 to have an icloud account removed. Chaii this life is something else. You know that money can get me a fairly used phone that I will definitely enjoy. My time is coming I just have to exercise patience
sadly yes 300 dollars, cos that would be circumventing around how the Apple company originally inteded it to be, and you know anything illegal do cost more or pays more, which ever way its always expensive..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by jmichlins(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
somehowpenis:
sadly yes 300 dollars, cos that would be circumventing around how the Apple company originally inteded it to be, and you know anything illegal do cost more or pays more, which ever way its always expensive..
thing is to a fellow like me that money will change my life for good. I started fearing apple security the day FBI began begging them to release one kind code which they wanted to be able to unlock the phone of one suspected terrorist. From begging to threat then court. Imagine a whole FBI with access to best hackers in the world and when they eventually found a backdoor with the help of one isreali hack group Apple had to update her devices with a security patch to avoid any other device from being at risk

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by NEROSKY(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

I have a friend who changed his twice buying using protective screens. He doesn't like it but the cost of changing the screen made him use it. He is presently.on the third screen protector. I have loads for them with damaged screens

I'm still using the first screen protector I bought and it's doesn't cover the edges cos the phone wasn't available in Nigeria when I bought it and the edge screen sounded alien to them.

IPhone 6 and 6 plus users should be watchful of screen disease plaguing their phones.

Cathony:

come on mehn, this is Nigeria, who changes iPhone 6 screen 4 times? I guess u know how much d screen cost....kindly advice Ur frnd to be careful on how he handles his apple phone...

ollah1: Tell Him wink wink

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Cathony post=48827754][/quote]lol you haven't been holding the latest Samsung offering. If you do. You will hate aluminum. Lol

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
jmichlins:
thing is to a fellow like me that money will change my life for good. I started fearing apple security the day FBI began begging them to release one kind code which they wanted to be able to unlock the phone of one suspected terrorist. From begging to threat then court. Imagine a whole FBI with access to best hackers in the world and when they eventually found a backdoor with the help of one isreali hack group Apple had to update her devices with a security patch to avoid any other device from being at risk

Apple is the most hacked Oem in the world bro. I still have the videos and photos of all their Celebrities in nudes and stuffs. This happens just last year or so. Did u hear of Samsung Knox. We compromised it by rooting. Its far more secured that those ones apple offers. Let's stop this praise singing

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kunlegzy:
lol you haven't been holding the latest Samsung offering. If you do. You will hate aluminum. Lol
*smiles* You wish wink
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by bimbor(m): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
So the thread made front page!!!

Good job to the Super Mod. Now everybody can bring their own views on this interesting discussion.

Let's go guys!!
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Whatever decision the op makes is his not mine. S7 edge has a better display, camera, battery and it's sexier. It also has other pros. My responses has never been to convince the op. My comments were only busting the lies you lots have been spreading here. You kept up with the lies that if Apple was viewing this thread, they could employ you guys as a PR.

A close source OS can never be the best thing to ever happen to a mobile industry.

Leave d guy abeg. Itz just like saying that MacOS (close source OS) was not only better than Windows OS (open source OS) but was d best thing to ever happen to the PC industry. Mstcheeeewwwww. Utter rubbish!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kunlegzy:

Apple is the most hacked Oem in the world bro. I still have the videos and photos of all their Celebrities in nudes and stuffs. This happens just last year or so. Did u hear of Samsung Knox. We compromised it by rooting. Its far more secured that those ones apple offers. Let's stop this praise singing

What was responsible for that? It was mostly Jailbroken devices that were compromised
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kunlegzy:

Guy I take God beg you, make research before you post incorrect stuffs in here, Apple has always been the least vulnerable in terms of hacking issues globally...#NoDisrespeK

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by jmichlins(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kunlegzy:

for sure am aware of the icloud issue but all am saying is that apple goes extra miles to please their customers or maybe so it seems. Just like their fans are loyal to them, that is how they return the love and that is why they worship the company. Believe me no company has much love as apple. Android doesn't have such loyalty and love

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2016
dadaha:
VR is not really exclusive to Samsung. It can be done with any phone with magnetometer and VR app. Samsung only expanded on it
Correction-D number 1 tin/sensor a smartphone needs 2 handle VR is gyroscope not magnetometer (compass) My Gionee M3 mini has compass but doesnt have gyroscope (mostly found in high end fones). Installed the Google cardboard app on it (side loaded it) but it didn't work out.Same with other VR apps. BTW Google beat Samsung or any other company in the mobile phone industry to VR with its Google cardboard. It was d first & still d cheapest way 2 experience mobile VR.U can even build urs including the lens. 2)VR as a whole dates back to d 1950s.Kindly do more research on virtual reality. Wikipedia is a good place to start.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dasphinx1(m): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2016
ollah1:

You are the most sentimental dude on this forum. You should tell Apple

They introduced Apple music to hit Spotify
They introduced Apley maps to hit Google maps even this the earlier would lead you to a bottomless pit
They are presently working on software to hit at snap chat

Google duo been tagged a failure has over [/b]1 million[b] downloads within a week in the Google play store alone it's too early to judge but a fanboy would tag any product DOA and a failure if it's not coming from their beloved company

over 5 million, to be exact

www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Duo-video-chatting-app-has-been-downloaded-over-5-million-times_id84522

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim / Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.