Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team (66749 Views)

Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President / Sacked Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe: 10 Things You Never Knew About Him / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by jazzy4naija(m): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe has instructed the Commissioner General of Zimbabwe Police Republic, Augustine Chihuri to arrest and detain the whole Zimbabwean Olympic Team members immediately the arrive at the Harare International Airport on Tuesday, August 23.

Zimbabwe which is one of the countries in the Olympics without a medal presented a team of 31 athletes. The closest any of the athletes came to win a contest was at the 8th position.

Mr. Mugabe who is incensed with the team’s performance told the Police Chief to arrest all the team members and detain them.

“We have wasted the country’s money on these rats we call athletes. If you are not ready to sacrifice and win even copper or brass medals (referring the 4th and 5th positions) as our neighbors Botswana did, then why do you go to waste our money” he said.

If we needed people to just go to Brazil to sing our national anthem and hoist our flag, we would have sent some of the beautiful girls and handsome guys from University of Zimbabwe to represent us.

He added that, the money invested in the team to represent the country could have been used to provide amenities and build schools.

“This situation is like an impotent man who is married to 5 women, what is the essence? I will make sure we share the cost across board for all of them to pay back to government chest even if it take 10 years recoup, now it turns out to be a soft loan we have given them to go and visit Brazil as tourist, they are useless ‘he concluded.

http://onetainment.com/robert-mugabe-calls-for-the-arrest-of-zimbabwe-olympic-team-says-they-are-useless

196 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Emmysky(m): 12:01am On Aug 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Engrobiorah(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2016
>!(
Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by yarimo(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2016
Mugabe please don't kill me with laugh abeg grin grin

788 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by sekundosekundo: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2016
“We have wasted the country’s money on these rats we call athletes. robert-mugabe-calls-for-the-arrest-of-zimbabwe-olympic-team-says-they-are-useless[/quote]

Chaii see finishing.

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:20am On Aug 23, 2016
Lol... I think over age dey worry this man!!!

But truly, Zimbabwe no try at all oooo,,,, no medal at all grin... I swear naija get hope

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Section8(m): 1:40am On Aug 23, 2016
LMAO!!!! @ 8th position muagbe don vex

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Smellymouth: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2016

277 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Forzap: 6:57am On Aug 23, 2016
Weyrey re oo cheesy grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by AyamConfidence(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2016
OK
Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by nonjebose(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2016
The man dey vex, looooool. Wait o , who will arrest him for making Zimbabwe one of the poorest countries in Africa. The athletes should just stay back in Brazil and apply for political assylum. Lwkmd, imagine calling his fellow citizens rats.

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by oloriooko(m): 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Mugabe is a jester grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by isan(m): 10:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Laff wan kill me ooooo cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by fox26: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2016
wtf , USD$15billion disappeared in mugabe cabinet , that was money from minerals, no body traced back that 15billion. now he mourns about that small Olympics reward! he must be brother of Satan. idiot xxmn

19 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2016
Lalasticlala come and laugh o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by NameChecker: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Like Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by jamex93(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by saintfaculty(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin
Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by realone2012: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
I can't believe people are believing he said this.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Aitee1: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
This great grand pa is not serious... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by trademoore1: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
North korea and now Zimbabawe

1 Like

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by LastSurvivor: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
When you think u have heard it all grin
Tourist athletes..

18 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by dam4wummy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
I just can't stop laughing whenever this man talks senses.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by MadCow1: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria should do same.. angry

Oopps!! I forgot we didn't spend any money at all on ours.. grin

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by holluwai(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
This one na mad man o.

If this kind man pikin to come first in class, na die o

3 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by OKorowanta: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Dalung was right AFTERALL to send attachees back home from rio.

2 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by drss2(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
now dat is a leader who is passionate about sport development in his con3. not like d daura dinosour in aso rock.

15 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by izzou(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Bloggers and lies

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by sCun: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Too much lies against Mugabe and people will believe this nonsense.why are Nigerians so dull?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by Bantino(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Calling human beings (athletes) rats because they did not win any medal? Hmmm @ Mugabe, I shake my head for you

4 Likes

Re: Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team by seguntijan(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
I think the problem in Africa is because of our black skin, SA is slightly better because of the white South Africans present. I think the thick black skin do affects our thinking faculty.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo / Corpses Pile Up In Mykolaiv Morgue, Ukraine (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.