Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) (16360 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Wears N580k Guccify Hoodie On Visit To Cambridge (Pics) / Woman Accuses Pastor Walker Of Sleeping With Her Daughter In Mississippi / Emir Of Bauchi Rejects Pastor Adeboye's Courtesy Visit To His Palace(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by tete7000(m): 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:

Catholic simply pull out because of the recent politics June 2016 not because of previous event I aforementioned

The problem I have with social media is that it has a lot of dumb heads like you around. People who don't pay attention to anything, people who don't monitor news, bigoted hypocrites who disseminates wrong information to ensure they justify their sentiments.
Go and research well and you will find the truth. Also next time ensure you answer all questions posted to you. I have many questions in that post you reply but you chose to answer only one that suit your fancy falsely. You know nothing about CAN and its politics.

1 Like

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by theenigma: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bede2u:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209325-can-fumes-john-kerrys-meeting-sultan-northern-governors-accuses-u-s-bias.html

Very valid points.
The West....also fighting its friends; and, supporting/arming its enemies against its friends. Irony is they think, and call it, it 'strategy'.
Saudi Arabia supports Muslims in Nigeria. Iran supports Muslims in Nigeria. Iraq supports Muslims in Nigeria. Pakistan supports Muslims in Nigeria.
United States (a supposedly Judeo-Christian country not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria). Britain (another Judeo-Christian country, supposedly, not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria). France (a Judeo-Christian country, supposedly, not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria).
Irony is that they (those they support) still continue to bomb and terrorise them at home (US, Britain, France etc) and abroad?

1 Like

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
tete7000:

The problem I have with social media is that it has a lot of dumb heads like you around. People who don't pay attention to anything, people who don't monitor news, bigoted hypocrites who disseminates wrong information to ensure they justify their sentiments.
Go and research well and you will find the truth. Also next time ensure you answer all questions posted to you. I have many questions in that post you reply but you chose to answer only one that suit your fancy falsely. You know nothing about CAN and its politics.

THE election for the presidency of the Christian
Association of Nigeria, CAN, has assumed a new
twist as the outgoing President, Pastor Ayo
Oritsejafor is said to have summoned a meeting
of the President-in-Council, PIC, for tomorrow
amidst reports that the Catholic Secretariat of
Nigeria, CSN, has threatened to pull out of CAN.
Feelers indicated that Dr. Jeremiah Gado, the
candidate of TEKAN/ECWA bloc and alleged
government candidate for the CAN presidency,
has approached an Abuja High Court for unlawful
denial as a candidate in the election. It was
learnt that the TEKAN/ECWA candidate was
actually looking for an interim injunction to stop
the election but the court refused to grant the
request. The court instead asked that the parties
be put on notice and served to enable them
appear before it on Tuesday. A reliable source
close to the umbrella body of Christians
confirmed the development, saying Gado had
approached the court seeking to address his
undue denial as a candidate for the presidential
election and some other issues.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/catholic-church-threatens-pull-can/

Now continue to tell me it pulls out because of arms deal. Its purely politics, you can read further in the link since you're not dumb head.

1 Like

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by tete7000(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:

Catholic simply pull out because of the recent politics June 2016 not because of previous event I aforementioned

You see what you want to see.
A 2013 news is what I posted here for you. Of the one you posted and this one, which is earlier:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116774-why-we-pulled-out-of-can-catholic-bishops.html

You can read this too to quell your sentiments:

www.naijaurban.com/can-crisis-catholics-pull/
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
tete7000:

You see what you want to see.
A 2013 news is what I posted here for you. Of the one you posted and this one, which is earlier:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116774-why-we-pulled-out-of-can-catholic-bishops.html

You can read this too to quell your sentiments:

www.naijaurban.com/can-crisis-catholics-pull/

Some quotes from your link
“CAN is being dragged into partisan politics thereby compromising the ability to play its true role as conscience of the nation and the voice of the voiceless,” the bishops said.

But CAN blamed the Catholic’s action on the loss of the Presidency of CAN to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor. The Public Relations Officer of the 19 Northern States of CAN and Abuja, Mr. Sunny
Oibe, in an interview with journalists on Wednesday in Abuja also accused Catholics of arrogance.

Stop saying nonsense pls, after searching Google, you still couldn't found Catholic pulls out because of arms deal. By the way, I don't care whether about your political factions in CAN. All I know is , You're all Christian.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Princedauda: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
CAN has turned itself to mere pressure/political group. The purpose of Kerry visit is about terrorism, counter terrorism and desert encroachment, which obviously is predominantly a regional problem. The northern governors are major stakeholders, while the Soultan is the HEAD OF TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN THE NORTH. So why the hype?
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by tete7000(m): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:

Some quotes from your link

Stop saying nonsense pls, after searching Google, you still couldn't found Catholic pulls out because of arms deal. By the way, I don't care whether about your political factions in CAN. All I know is , You're all Christian.

Can you see your bigoted self now, parochial and narrow-minded. Which one is more encompassing partisan politics or arms deal. If I say someone is involved in arms deal, is that not just a tip of being partisan? You said you don't want to be involved in CAN politics because we are all Christians, who dragged you in before? You conclusion is what I have advocated to you before: 'Stay out of argument you know nothing about, stop spreading falsehood and lies'. It will do you more good. Christians criticise one another when necessary. I am sure there are more christian leaders who criticised Jonathan government than there are muslim clerics currently criticising Buhari.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Hash86(m): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
Zoehill:
We need to be objective in reasoning, Kerry visited the State Nigeria not the northern Nigerians. The SE are agitating for secession, SS is working on how they control their resources while the SW is crying for regional government. This are issues which i think should make Kerry visit the leaders if not the zones to hear their views.
CAN is right, it is one Nigeria not northern Nigeria.
Should we all be quiet while Fulani"s disembowel US and take our lands? Where are the Civil Rights?
If not the social medias Nigeria will have been history............
Bros u seems to be understanding kind of guy. But don't you think what is the purpose of the Visit. Nigeria has many issues now, does he have to look at them all? And is Nigerian problems his country's problems? No! What concerns him is Nigerian problem that can affect his country most. One day his country may decide to look into the niger-delta crises if they think it's necessary and I don't expect him to visit norther part of the country or visit sultan and if he visited CAN I won't have any problems because must of the Delta population are xtians.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
tete7000:

Can you see your bigoted self now, parochial and narrow-minded. Which one is more encompassing partisan politics or arms deal. If I say someone is involved in arms deal, is that not just a tip of being partisan? You said you don't want to be involved in CAN politics because we are all Christians, who dragged you in before? You conclusion is what I have advocated to you before: 'Stay out of argument you know nothing about, stop spreading falsehood and lies'. It will do you more good. Christians criticise one another when necessary. I am sure there are more christian leaders who criticised Jonathan government than there are muslim clerics currently criticising Buhari.

Remembere this is the discussion, CAN accuss Kerry of Biased bla bla bla ...... We must also refute CAN claim, because they are sentimental. So allow us.

Kerry meet northern Governors, among the north governors 3 of them are Christian.

Most of the points made in this statement by CAN
are false and am still wondering how an outfit like
CAN will make falsified statement.
1- the church in Niger wasn't burned down. I hope
we all know different between burning and
vandalization. We all saw the aftermath of the riot,
the instruments were broken and worshippers were
pursued. And all that happened because the church
which was close to the mosque was performing
[b]rehearsal[\b] in speaker at the same time of
jumat prayer. Haba where is that done for God sake
if not intentional. Jumat is the longest period
Muslims stay in the mosque for prayer and is not
more than 2 hrs. its unfortunate the ay we reason in
this country.
2- Christian s were not burnt alive in Zamfara.
their was a misunderstanding between two students
while the other raised false alarm, the guy was
beaten until he was unconscious. it was a Muslim
that helped him to the hospital and it that same
Muslim whose shop was vandalised and his house
was burnt with people inside. Abi how is Tajudeen
a christian?
3- John Kerry Visitation how in the world will they
even termed that as a biased visitation?? Kerry,
came to Nigeria to discuss issues on terorrism,
Security, Regional etc . so please, he's he
supposed to travel to CAN headquarter to discuss
bokoharam or Fulani herdsman? This are the people
in which their region is affected by the terrorist
activities and they are also the ones who can give
insight on fulani herdsmen.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by adconline(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:
[s][/s]

How to detect if someone is deeply pained with what i wrote.
Giving away stupidity from the abundance of your ignorance!!
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by nortcentrallord(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:
Buhari, Sultan, Northern Governors are trying to Islamize John Kerry. That time wey they go give you USD 10, 000, 000 to purchase arms from South Africa in your private jet have passed.

How do you expect John Kerry to visit you, after you were caught red handed in South Africa illegally buying arms at this era of terrorism. Sorry Kerry don't interact with supplier of arms to terrorist and militant.

Lol, see how you just displayed how hollow headed you are. What a shame! Smh.

1 Like

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by nortcentrallord(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
FriendChoice:

Making money via forex not via arms meant to protect lives of northeast citizens.

Making money via forex while causing negative ripple effect on the Nigerian populace causing people to go into crime and killing innocent people, making life difficult on ordinary Nigerians and making people die of hunger. I bet to you its legal because it's your muslim brothers that are making the money. I don't expect you to even understand the working principle of the economy and the aftermath effect when common knowledge is difficult for you to digest.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by orunto27: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Something makes Nigeria different from Kenya, Libya and South Africa. Obama hasn't got it. He is preparing a Handover Notes for Hilary and Hilary will fail more miserably if she doesn't know why Hussain is HEMMED between Barrack and Obama.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by josite: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
it is just being made clear.obama/clinton fuelled islamic terrorism and thats why americans are going to ensure the highly caustic who will show no mercy to terrorists win america presidency.visiting sokoto before buhari is diplomatically wrong.and CAN deserves the insult,with CAN ex president found with stolen dollars en route south africa.
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by EazyMoh(m): 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
theenigma:

Very valid points.
The West....also fighting its friends; and, supporting/arming its enemies against its friends. Irony is they think, and call it, it 'strategy'.
Saudi Arabia supports Muslims in Nigeria. Iran supports Muslims in Nigeria. Iraq supports Muslims in Nigeria. Pakistan supports Muslims in Nigeria.
United States (a supposedly Judeo-Christian country not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria). Britain (another Judeo-Christian country, supposedly, not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria). France (a Judeo-Christian country, supposedly, not only fights Christians in Nigeria, but actually supports Muslims in Nigeria).
Irony is that they (those they support) still continue to bomb and terrorise them at home (US, Britain, France etc) and abroad?
Are Muslims and Christians in Nigeria enemies? How does discussing how to cater for IDPS translate to supporting only Muslims? Am embarrassed with my generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by bg0074real(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
The man for make sense but for his religious sentiment undecided
Re: Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) by Kfed4ril(m): 3:53am On Aug 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

Making money via forex not via arms meant to protect lives of northeast citizens.

Have your buhari provided a single arm to the military to fight boko haram?
Bro it's the same old arms since independence that the military still use till now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Jim Iyke: “I Have Moved On From My Beef With Olisa Adibua”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.