Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC (24928 Views)

Uche Secondus Elected PDP Chairman Amid Protests By Other Aspirants / Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things – APC / Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=sammhi post=48938966]
I should be ashamed of yourself
U were elected to fix. Infact , you made those promises . No one forced or demanded them from ApC . In any case, now that you have found out I can't do the job u promised, then QUIT!! [You need no medication to cure your cluelessness because it has reached level of no turn around. Even it's beyond any fire packed prayer.GEJ is truly your hero and curse.]
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Larryfest(m): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Jesus Christ! See yeye talk,so the bill boards and posters of all the promises was done by the masses.... This people are getting clueless day after day even the "cluelss one" still dey learn for where this ones dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by NairaMaster1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
prettyboi1989:
APC promised nigerians the impossible change so why are they crying wolf and playing the victim for being elected? this is gross ineptitude, incompetence, lack of proficiency.
APCs are trying to hold Us accountable. Oh, what have we done to ourselves embarassed
prettyboi1989:
APC promised nigerians the impossible change so why are they crying wolf and playing the victim for being elected? this is gross ineptitude, incompetence, lack of proficiency.
APCs are trying to hold Us accountable. Oh, what have we done to ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2016
SeriousMinded:

APCs are trying to hold Us accountable. Oh, what have we done to ourselves embarassed
APCs are trying to hold Us accountable. Oh, what have we done to ourselves
Na one chance govt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by lohresloco: 12:01am On Aug 31, 2016
A massive failure....this is not about the north or south or east and west...truth is he's father shoulda been taught how to use a condom....bloody born-come
win1234:
Buhari is a failure.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Sonn(m): 12:13am On Aug 31, 2016
you are a foolish fool' animal. these people will just open their mouths & talk like fools thinking we don't have brains like "zombies" thier followers...... foolish fool. instead of telling Nigerians that they are clueless' they keep disgracing themselves

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Jsaviour(f): 12:14am On Aug 31, 2016
but at least u would hv maintained the status quo of what PDP left. see how u hv scattered Nigeria to d point of 1dollar to 414, rice from 10000 to 20000, companies r pulling out of Nigeria etc. may God save us from this pit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by petsolo15(m): 12:21am On Aug 31, 2016
"IN MONTHS TO COME, A TOYOTA CAMRY WOULD BE OFFERED FOR N50.000 JUST TO FEED THE FAMILY In 1984, just months after the military takeover by General Buhari, the country ground to a halt; just like today! He came with the same song- and-dance: THEY ARE CORRUPT!! In a matter of months, mothers were selling their jewellery to send their children to school. Thieves were stealing food at gun point, just like today. Within months, there simply was NO FOOD. The government gathered the little there was and restricted purchases. Whether you were 100 or ONE in your family, every household had a card with which they went to military manned cooperatives to purchase rationed, “essential commodities”. These included Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread, Milk, Sugar, and so on. Everything was rationed. It was war-time in peace-time!! Nigeria became like Somalia. We lived like refugees. And of course, a lot of children were simply pulled out of schools because feeding was priority number ONE! Going to school became a luxury, even for middle class families. And ANDREWS & JANES started checking out. People suddenly remembered they had British and American passports, and simply left the country! Those who are not aware of all these, ask anyone who was born on or before 1984. They should be old enough to remember. It was that harrowing. The most baffling aspect of all this was that, the people he said were corrupt and stealing, were presiding over an economy where the Naira was 1:1 with the US Dollar, and N2 to £1 Sterling! An economy where we were buying Volkswagen Beetle at N400 from Volkswagen of Nigeria. An economy where my entire family, all 7 of us, travelled for summer hols on tickets purchased for N280 and BTA of N400 (official – we managed to sneak more out for shopping naaa) . An economy where everything was robust and vibrant and growing. Then a man comes in and says he took over because people were corrupt and he needed to sanitise things. In a matter of months, the Dollar was N15 and the Sterling was N40. A VW Beetle sold for N8,000 (up from N400) and that N8,000 simply was not available anywhere! Children dropped out of school, businesses closed, parents became destitute, food was NOT available and we queued for rations at cooperatives like refugees in a warring country!!! Fast forward to 2015!! The same man comes with the same song-and-dance. We tried to remind our peers and elders of those days, and we tried to educate the younger ones. However, the wind of change, that wind that always tells us that the grass is greener on the other side, deafened them all! And once again, within months, everything that happened in 1984 and 1985 – EVERYTHING – is all being repeated. I have just come from a home where my friends have owed two terms’ school fees. They have just made the difficult decision to leave Abuja, relocate back to their village and take the two younger children out of school, at least temporarily. The older boy will stay with friends and they will use the savings on rent and the likes to try and get him across the line (WAEC). Feeding is now a major task. Infact, people are complaining of their kitchens and farms being raided for food – DAILY!! Yet again, this is happening just months after Buhari takes over with screams of corruption and stealing. Corruption and stealing, yet that my family friend who was not corrupt, not stealing and not anywhere close to the corridors of power was paying his rent, feeding his family and sending all three children to school. Corruption and stealing yet businesses were opening daily, economy was vibrant, people were healthy, GDP was growing and so on! In 1985, we were rescued by IBB and Dogonyaro. Immediately, people experienced a reversal. Within a very short time, the cooperatives closed, food became abundant again, the Naira stabilised, mothers stopped selling their jewellery, and so on. It makes one wonder! If there were no reference points, Buharists may claim that “if only he had been president”, but the mid-80s proved that the worst period in Nigeria’s history were the 20-odd months he was in power, sandwiched between two periods of plenty and growth. Therefore, they cannot bring the argument that today’s sufferings and impoverishment were the fault of the past regime – because we will counter with “TAKE HIM OUT NOW LIKE IBB DID IN 1985 AND SEE IF BY THIS CHRISTMAS, YOU WILL NOT BE SMILING AGAIN. Someone told me today that he predicts that by this Xmas or next Easter at the latest, a person will come and offer a Toyota Camry in exchange for N50,000, just so that his family can eat and make merry over the holidays!! Nigerians simply don't refer to history! And I have run out of every single drop of sympathy in my body. SO, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, KEEP STEWING IN YOUR BROTH. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU WILL SHELVE PARTISANSHIP, TRIBALISM, ETHNICISM, RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY, HATRED, INTEREST AND ALL THAT –

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by ngmgeek(m): 12:54am On Aug 31, 2016
God punish both APC and PDP and then face all our politicians and disgrace them. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by dharn10(m): 1:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Security
rapistomenka:

But the building started someday undecided

What has your APC started to build since inception
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Kexorcist(m): 1:16am On Aug 31, 2016
Anything is impossible when you do your best to fail.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by chiraqDemon(m): 1:39am On Aug 31, 2016
How......when those ppu been vote them na them use their moith say they fit do
Now dem de say na impossible thing
Mad men...
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by opribo(m): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Are we asking anything different from what they promised to do, on which basis they were voted into power. Unless this old man is indirectly telling us they hoodwinked us all. Another charateristics of a dementia patient. Loss of memory is worrying the old pa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by uvalued(m): 2:36am On Aug 31, 2016
hmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by wizzy41(m): 2:42am On Aug 31, 2016
God punish you there IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by fatboislim(m): 5:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Make ima resign
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by doctorfemi20(m): 5:03am On Aug 31, 2016
This government is the most clueless and irresponsible government Nigeria has ever had...... may God save us from All Peoples Confusionists
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by TerrorSquad147: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Keneking:
Useless party
WHO HACKED THIS ACCOUNT

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by ivandragon: 5:52am On Aug 31, 2016
petsolo15:
"IN MONTHS TO COME, A TOYOTA CAMRY WOULD BE OFFERED FOR N50.000 JUST TO FEED THE FAMILY In 1984, just months after the military takeover by General Buhari, the country ground to a halt; just like today! He came with the same song- and-dance: THEY ARE CORRUPT!! In a matter of months, mothers were selling their jewellery to send their children to school. Thieves were stealing food at gun point, just like today. Within months, there simply was NO FOOD. The government gathered the little there was and restricted purchases. Whether you were 100 or ONE in your family, every household had a card with which they went to military manned cooperatives to purchase rationed, “essential commodities”. These included Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread, Milk, Sugar, and so on. Everything was rationed. It was war-time in peace-time!! Nigeria became like Somalia. We lived like refugees. And of course, a lot of children were simply pulled out of schools because feeding was priority number ONE! Going to school became a luxury, even for middle class families. And ANDREWS & JANES started checking out. People suddenly remembered they had British and American passports, and simply left the country! Those who are not aware of all these, ask anyone who was born on or before 1984. They should be old enough to remember. It was that harrowing. The most baffling aspect of all this was that, the people he said were corrupt and stealing, were presiding over an economy where the Naira was 1:1 with the US Dollar, and N2 to £1 Sterling! An economy where we were buying Volkswagen Beetle at N400 from Volkswagen of Nigeria. An economy where my entire family, all 7 of us, travelled for summer hols on tickets purchased for N280 and BTA of N400 (official – we managed to sneak more out for shopping naaa) . An economy where everything was robust and vibrant and growing. Then a man comes in and says he took over because people were corrupt and he needed to sanitise things. In a matter of months, the Dollar was N15 and the Sterling was N40. A VW Beetle sold for N8,000 (up from N400) and that N8,000 simply was not available anywhere! Children dropped out of school, businesses closed, parents became destitute, food was NOT available and we queued for rations at cooperatives like refugees in a warring country!!! Fast forward to 2015!! The same man comes with the same song-and-dance. We tried to remind our peers and elders of those days, and we tried to educate the younger ones. However, the wind of change, that wind that always tells us that the grass is greener on the other side, deafened them all! And once again, within months, everything that happened in 1984 and 1985 – EVERYTHING – is all being repeated. I have just come from a home where my friends have owed two terms’ school fees. They have just made the difficult decision to leave Abuja, relocate back to their village and take the two younger children out of school, at least temporarily. The older boy will stay with friends and they will use the savings on rent and the likes to try and get him across the line (WAEC). Feeding is now a major task. Infact, people are complaining of their kitchens and farms being raided for food – DAILY!! Yet again, this is happening just months after Buhari takes over with screams of corruption and stealing. Corruption and stealing, yet that my family friend who was not corrupt, not stealing and not anywhere close to the corridors of power was paying his rent, feeding his family and sending all three children to school. Corruption and stealing yet businesses were opening daily, economy was vibrant, people were healthy, GDP was growing and so on! In 1985, we were rescued by IBB and Dogonyaro. Immediately, people experienced a reversal. Within a very short time, the cooperatives closed, food became abundant again, the Naira stabilised, mothers stopped selling their jewellery, and so on. It makes one wonder! If there were no reference points, Buharists may claim that “if only he had been president”, but the mid-80s proved that the worst period in Nigeria’s history were the 20-odd months he was in power, sandwiched between two periods of plenty and growth. Therefore, they cannot bring the argument that today’s sufferings and impoverishment were the fault of the past regime – because we will counter with “TAKE HIM OUT NOW LIKE IBB DID IN 1985 AND SEE IF BY THIS CHRISTMAS, YOU WILL NOT BE SMILING AGAIN. Someone told me today that he predicts that by this Xmas or next Easter at the latest, a person will come and offer a Toyota Camry in exchange for N50,000, just so that his family can eat and make merry over the holidays!! Nigerians simply don't refer to history! And I have run out of every single drop of sympathy in my body. SO, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, KEEP STEWING IN YOUR BROTH. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU WILL SHELVE PARTISANSHIP, TRIBALISM, ETHNICISM, RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY, HATRED, INTEREST AND ALL THAT –
enough said!
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:04am On Aug 31, 2016
i only read the caption and i have one word for you and ur clan of worms...shut up,fcvk off,get lost and leave the government for capable hands to handle,idiots people..look at all of dem looking like sea lions ,just to eat our money grow fat ,grow old and fall sick at the expense of our taxes still...plagued people..u all will perish like locusts wen the day of ur harvest will come..u wanted power by all cost ,but u knew nothing about the state of the economy or how to run one..DESPICABLE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rapistomenka:

http://punchng.com/elected-impossible-apc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by chaotik(m): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2016
My opinion is very simple . Our next president shouldnt be older than nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by ajepako(f): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2016
BABANGBALI:
He be like sey craze dey worry dis man,no be una come meet us and promise to turn stone to pofu pofu ?ordinary flour we never see since una enter. Bros no let boys tear you slap o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by sergiolefty(m): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2016
PUSH1:
Well
Rome was not built in a day
See All promises cancelled member......try promising ur wife d way ur APC Promised nigeria nd see if she go still dey ur house grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by 99100(m): 6:40am On Aug 31, 2016
One chance govt.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Henrichemeka(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2016
Nothing wey we no go see for this APC people. No be them tell us say them be merlin? The no go ever leave previous government alone? If he (former president) had wanted to remain in office, una for the tell us that ''they no want us (APC) to give you (Nigerians) good governance, now you are there failing and you still blame him for your failures. Una no get shame? When una the make those promises, una no remember say una no be magicians? Abeg go and sit down, we no wan hear your reasons for failing again.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Rapture4real(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
PUSH1:
Well
Rome was not built in a day

There is a way you know a man who gets mouth to boast he will turn heaven upside down and when given the chance make excuses and blame every man about his failure. We didn't put you there, you deceived us to put you there. Alainikanse niyin
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Codes151(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2016
U claimed u can do the impossible. I gave u the chance, now your falling my hand!? SmhhhhhhhHhhhhhh
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Evangdanyno2017(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2016
The word impossible does not exit in my dictionary, you can only find it in the dictionary of a fool. Try and keep on trying.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by horlus(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2016
Were you forced to contest? If you are not capable. Let's others try
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2016
APC! APC!! APC!!!
how many times did i call you undecided
d thunder that will fire you is still being EMPOWERED by Angel MICHEAL in heaven.
you made immpossible promises, Nigerians Didnt ask you for it.
so SHUT THE 4444K UP and work.
Re: Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC by permanentgrace(m): 8:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Very useless president/government/party in the history of the whole world. You can never find any government as useless/clueless like this buharidiot government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son / Bode George: Pumping Billions In School Feeding When Schools Are Closed Absurd / President Buhari Parries Question On Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.