Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD (21635 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts / Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Jesona(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Like fayose the mad dog you think merely accusing others of crimes with no proof means you have made some tangible statement worthy of applaud.

shocked

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Calling them square pegs is a Euphemism. They are clearly amoeboid pegs who can not fit into any shape of hole anywhere. And to remember that it took the New sheriff 6 whole months to assemble this team of misprision is most disheartening.
Btw, make I face my front dey help my people to deal with the economic scatter scatter. You wanna see how? Kia Kia check my signature and do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Ngokafor(f): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Sunbellar:

You are too senseless and wicked! Many Nigeria are dying of hunger in this rubbish government and you have the temerity to defend him. I will shoot you dead if I get across your type of heartless human being

....It is actually so easy for him to talk trash in the name of defending this utterly despicable government because HE IS NOT IN THE COUNTRY...

..I forsee a scenario where supporters of the government will be lyched by the masses soon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by mcnuel001(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2016
abokibuhari:

click like of you believe this man is sense less or share if he is as dull as buhari. its like he has taken over from the epistle writer called uncle Gbawe
His brain is also on recession

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Jesona(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Hiploko:
and you are calling Fayose a mad dog. Who is mad here now? U of course

That thing is the worst hypocrite, i have ever seen. Funny enough he contradicted himself in a matter of seconds. Smh for some people.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2016
Scary
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by abokibuhari: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Not everyone is a tout.... Arguments on NL most return to sanity
Sure, but not until you change you statement from most to must
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Bizibi(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2016
Observant:

Enyia go and sit down. Spare us the noise from California.
oh!!!from cali,issorite.....
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2016
nonjebose:
My brother, I dey tell you

I have almost 6 nephews and nieces i care for alot. I really hope this countrry will listen and find solutions to issues otherwise the future is unassured
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Ghost447(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:
Apart from calling the team "square pegs in round holes", what suggestion or alternatives has he offered?

32% of Nigerians expect Buhari to print dollars/naira to tackle the economic recession brought upon us by our wrong past choices. And once he can't do that, they want him to resign!

The same set of people (the 32 percenters) will ferociously oppose the government's plan to seek and get emergency powers to tackle the economy and still blame the govt for not doing anything to solve our problems.

It's the same 32% that will support and pray for the success of the economic saboteurs (the scAvengers) against the country but still turn around to blame the government.

If you do all these and still expect better living, you're a big joker! Your suffering is just beginning. No short cut to success and no food for lazy man.
You're not making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Jesona(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=DropShot post=49028668]Apart from calling the team "square pegs in round holes", what suggestion or alternatives has he offered?

32% of Nigerians expect Buhari to print dollars/naira to tackle the economic recession brought upon us by our wrong past choices. And once he can't do that, they want him to resign!

The same set of people (the 32 percenters) will ferociously oppose the government's plan to seek and get emergency powers to tackle the economy and still blame the govt for not doing anything to solve our problems.

It's the same 32% that will support and pray for the success of the economic saboteurs (the scAvengers) against the country but still turn around to blame the government.

If you do all these and still expect better living, you're a big joker! Your suffering is just beginning. No short cut to success and no food for lazy man

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Jesona(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:
Apart from calling the team "square pegs in round holes", what suggestion or alternatives has he offered?

If you do all these and still expect better living, you're a big joker! Your suffering is just beginning. No short cut to success and no food for lazy man.

Sad
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by buchilino(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2016
luvinhubby:

Start by telling your demi-god Buhari to rein on his croonies & family members from the forex racketeering currently going on with CBN.

DON'T MIND D CUCUMBER, U NO WEN SOMEBODY IS NOT INSIDE A SYSTEM, HE/SHE DOESN'T NO WAT IS REALLY GOING. THEY WILL JUST BE BLABBING ABOUT LIKE PARROTS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by buchilino(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2016
luvinhubby:

Start by telling your demi-god Buhari to rein on his croonies & family members from the forex racketeering currently going on with CBN.

DON'T MIND D CUCUMBER, U NO WEN SOMEBODY IS NOT INSIDE A SYSTEM, HE/SHE DOESN'T NO WAT IS REALLY GOING ON. THEY WILL JUST BE BLABBING ABOUT LIKE PARROTS.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by greatermax77(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Pls, its not ur job to inform us. let thier work speak for them & let public rate them
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Myko22: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
I just wish the govt would declare a state of emergency and declare the naira equal to the dollar(1naira=1dollar) and let us all leave with the consequences for the period of time it would impact negatively. Then you would really know the saboteurs of this economy.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Reference(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2016
Flash comment. Totally support the view of the Prof. Government should stop giving money in advance to contractors and should stop using vendors entirely. If it wants an Innoson van or bus it should contact Innoson not XYZ Supply and logistics Limited. Secondly, contractors should source for funding for their projects and this should be a prequalification criteria. Nigerian companies raising funds from Nigerian financial institutions and multinationals raising funds offshore only (to create a level playing field.... back to the text.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by mokybb: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Nigeria is fuol of theoretical economist who are higly smart in plagiarization of other countries economic policies to make noice and brag themselves as professional economist. Nigerias problem is caused by economical indiscipline. I advice Buhari to wedge war against econmical indiscipline and see miracle within three months.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by mokybb: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Nigeria is full of theoretical economist who are highly smart in plagiarization of other countries economic policies to make noise and brag themselves as professional economist. Nigerias' problem is caused by economical indiscipline. I advise Buhari to wedge war against economical indiscipline and see miracle within three months.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Reference(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
Okay. Read everything. Just one more good observation in the sea of uninformed tirade. That of the renumeration system but he no solution because the obvious answer is restructuring which is not a popular subject north of the Niger. It is the only solution to 'general governance problems'. I have said restructuring will mean the Legislature is paid by and from the constituencies, paid by those they represent. If on the other hand 30million is what the 'shareholders' of any 'parastatal' is comfortable with, fine.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Reference(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
mokybb:
Nigeria is full of theoretical economist who are highly smart in plagiarization of other countries economic policies to make noise and brag themselves as professional economist. Nigerias' problem is caused by economical indiscipline. I advise Buhari to wedge war against economical indiscipline and see miracle within three months.

Hmmm...by the way what is 'economic indiscipline' and how do you wage war. Abeg don't tell me EFCC. I know where you are going but let me try to give you a better solution.

Nigeria gives little incentive to do what is right and plenty of incentives to do what is wrong. And it is in our factory settings. It is written in our programming code. Consider.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by Donbigi2(m): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

The kind of anger I have now.. If you put Osama and hitler in one room with you, I will shoot you TWICE

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by jude90(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

U and ur kind keeps on asking what good suggestion can people make to move the country forward because U lack sense.U think that the solutions is what U can just say and it begins to change things like U and ur party promised fake change. let him resign that's the solution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by ifyalways(f): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Rekyz:
This particular square pegs are not in round holes. They are yet to find a hole.
This is quite funny and same time true.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
I’m 78 years old. I know what happened in the first republic and I know what also happened in the second republic and I know what is happening now.

There is no doubt in my mind, that things began to go wrong after the Gowon regime because Gowon continued with a lot of the policies of the first republic leaders.

Then, the country was moving in the right direction. But after Gowon, the slight began because we were getting money from oil.

I remember in 1974 people saying that Nigeria was so rich but Gowon’s problem was how to spend the money that accrued from oil.

So after Gowon, we applied our resources in a non-productive way. We had a lot of white elephant projects that have not really resulted in the economic growth in the country.

Now that the resources are not coming, we are crashing and people are already used to spending money. They have to get out of this habit of spending money.. Prof. Ango Abdullahi.

This man made so much sense and makes me feel we have a lot of challenges ahead.

I think we need an Economic Forum were the economic leaders can discuss economic ideas and challenges.

There is something very important here that needs review.

We also need to cut the cost of governance. It is wrong investing so much in leadership while the country loses in development.

Investing in the people is also important. Why channel so much into governance.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by NairaMaster1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
nnachukz:
They are not better than who appointed them, it seems he appointed those he can outshine. The enormous challenge on ground has exposed them including Chinakwe's dog to be opportunistic people.

In other words, they are like them that made them.
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by NairaMaster1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
wordcat:
No Nation Can Rise Above The Quality Of Its Leaders

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
You saw the list of Nigerian states that are owing money. Why should an oil-producing state that is getting 13 per cent derivation annually be the highest debtor?

A lot has been wasted on the economy and this wasting is caused by the political class.. Prof. Ango Abdullahi.

Avengers, Over to you. Punishing people for the crimes of the Niger Delta leaders
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
This administration did not come into office with all the problems we are having today. Now that they have arrived they should have a critical look at the situation they found on ground.

They should sit down and look at all the options that are available. Afterwards, they should realise that this country is facing serious economic crisis to the point that we really have to go back to ground zero and start planning all over again.

This country has been running without economic plan for years and this is time for us to go back to serious economic planning based on the resources that are incoming to the country otherwise, they would continue to touch and go, and grope in the dark.. Prof. Ango Abdullahi
Re: Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD by NoGawking: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

They should give that tyrant power to do as he want on economy?

Are you OK?

Separation of powers remains sacrosanct to democracy

Anyone harboring the thought of removing this for a sec deserve to be flogged

His party has the majority in the NASS he should use that to push whatever economy policy he want

Obama work with a Republican Congress to take American out of recession

Without such stupid ideas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-open Grazing: APC Governors Beg Ortom To Reverse Law / Okorocha Hijacked APC Officials, Kept Them In Govt House - Sen. Uwajumogu (VID) / We’ve Enjoyed Huge Patronage From Buhari Administration – Innoson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.