Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6155080 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:42am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

No - not only the best private hospitals - even government hospitals in Kenya are better than government hospitals in Nigeria..........again, in every country there is something that most of the citizens can't afford.

Aren't you the same person who just denied the supposed first Nigerian doctors didn't study abroad? How you contradict yourself. lol

If a single white man's apprentice in 1870 makes you think Nigeria is the King of Africa then I pity you. I have no time to go searching who was the first African engineer, civil servant or any irrelevant stuff just to use it to claim my country is better than the rest - it just would prove how delusional I am. If you want credit for that then what should we say of Ethiopia that already had a functioning African government at that time?

you asked, I answered, deal with it.

Ethiopia was in fact a monarchy at the time.

I did say that Nigeria's cultural dominance in recent years plus size of GDP makes her the giant of Africa, you are the one imagining stuff bro.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

So now you are mad because I refused to agree with you saying Nigeria is Kenya's pacesetter? grin grin Why do you want Nigeria to be Kenya's pacesetter so bad?

Kenya s NOT better than Nigeria. Nigeria is NOT better than Kenya so stop running around shouting how you are the giants of Africa and dominate over the rest of Africa. Have a productive week too bro........we are all Africans.

I did NOT say Nigeria is better than Kenya. You were the one talking about stuff you know nothing about, amI supposed to just keep quiet and watch? The person to blame is the idiot who opened this thread. good bye.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Nobody bothers me, I live in Valley Arcade peacefully, I pay my taxes too. What I do not like is the stupid generalization your people are full of. How do you meet me for the first time and ask me if I sell drugs ??
And why do you think all that kenyans do all day long is run marathons? Btw am a very bulky kenyan : i played tough contact sports in my 20s. There goes your stupid stereotype of all kenyans being skinny.

Most nigerians are efffing ignorant about other African countries such that when they land there its kinda a shock to their system. I don't hate you people, but a large % of the ones you meet in Nairobi are full of themselves, and are rude to locals. What is bringing you lot over here in large numbers Isnt 9ja the "big brother " aka "giant of Africa " lolest.

We are not paradise, but we a certainly not hell.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

I did say that Nigeria's cultural dominance in recent years plus size of GDP makes her the giant of Africa, you are the one imagining stuff bro.

I was expecting a list of doctors with several well established medical schools where you also trained other Africans and had some sort of medical tourism - that would be something worth boasting over. I didn't expect a single apprentice of a white man lol. FYI Jomo Kenyatta's mother was a nurse at around the same time (and she was not the only one btw - they were obviously several with several apprentice doctors too). You just crack me up with the things you say Nigeria has done to earn everyone's respect.

You don't dominate by having a large GDP, you dominate by having enough resources to take care of yourself and still manage to help and loan others in large amounts - currently Nigeria can barely take care of themselves so how the hell can you take care of others? Your GDP is majorly due to your high population and at the moment SA has overtaken you again if you didn't know.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

And yet "small " and "ordinary " Kenya has a gov budget that exceeds that of the giant. How is that even possible?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

I did NOT say Nigeria is better than Kenya. You were the one talking about stuff you know nothing about, amI supposed to just keep quiet and watch? The person to blame is the idiot who opened this thread. good bye.

1. Nigeria is the giant of Africa.
2. Nigeria dominates over Kenya
3. Nigeria's lower middle class is as good as Kenya's upper middle class
4. Nigeria is Kenya's big brother
5. Nigerians were becoming doctors, lawyers and civil servants when Kenyans were still running around in bushes fighting the white man.

If you don't see what that means then you have a big problem. I guess you would feel so good if someone belittled your country in a similar way.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

And yet "small " and "ordinary " Kenya has a gov budget that exceeds that of the giant. How is that even possible?

so the size of your budget matters because
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

1. Nigeria is the giant of Africa.
2. Nigeria dominates over Kenya
3. Nigeria's lower middle class is as good as Kenya's upper middle class
4. Nigeria is Kenya's big brother
5. Nigerians were becoming doctors, lawyers and civil servants when Kenyans were still running around in bushes fighting the white man.

If you don't see what that means then you have a big problem. I guess you would feel so good if someone belittled your country in a similar way.

All those points are true apart from No. 2, it was not an attempt to belittle your country. If I say the US is the world power, am I belittling Kenya? your low self esteem is whats making you feel belittle, Kenya has a lot to be proud of just like Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

The idiot who opened this thread is a sane Nigerian who opened it as a response to another ignorant Nigeria who opened a thread about Kenya being behind Nigeria in everything. The thread opener then highlighted facts that suggest otherwise and they are REAL facts that affect people's lives - not just a useless figure.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

and the Nigerian govt has a much larger budget than Kenya ok.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

You mean the hospitals very few Kenyans can afford to use?

My facts are based on the countries which were colonized, Ethiopia was not colonized remember?

Must you argue?

The first Nigerian medical Doctor is Nathaniel King. In 1861, a medical missionary to Nigeria, Dr A.A. Harrison of the church missionary society (CMS) selected four cleverest boys in Abeokuta to train them as Assistant doctors. Only one of them, Nathaniel King graduated, and became personal assistant to Dr Harrison. In 1866, Nathaniel king was sent to Sierra Leone where he studied the preliminaries of medicine under Dr. Bradshaw of the Colonial Hospital, Freetown. King later went to England where he graduated as a doctor in 1874; thus becoming the first Nigerian qualified Medical Doctor. He returned to Lagos to serve the CMS on a salary of 50 pounds sterling a year.

Are you satisfied now?

Kenyan govt hospitals are subsidized, when calculated, a patient pais for 32% (things like blood test,x-rays, dialisis) of the medical bill (services like wound treatment, caugh, TB, ARV for Aids, malaria, are free of charge) besides that pregnant mothers dont pay for any medical treatement or check up during the course of her pregnancy, and children get free treatment for any medical treatment until they reach the age of 5

if Nigeria had better hospitals you wouldnt be ranking lower on this things considering you spend more in healthcare than kenya...

kenya on the left compared to nigeria in the right, especially on the highlighted points that cover health

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:59am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

I was expecting a list of doctors with several well established medical schools where you also trained other Africans and had some sort of medical tourism - that would be something worth boasting over. I didn't expect a single apprentice of a white man lol. FYI Jomo Kenyatta's mother was a nurse at around the same time (and she was not the only one btw - they were obviously several with several apprentice doctors too). You just crack me up with the things you say Nigeria has done to earn everyone's respect.

You don't dominate by having a large GDP, you dominate by having enough resources to take care of yourself and still manage to help and loan others in large amounts - currently Nigeria can barely take care of themselves so how the hell can you take care of others? Your GDP is majorly due to your high population and at the moment SA has overtaken you again if you didn't know.

dude what are you taking about? ECOWAS economy depends on Nigeria's economy. contrary to what you think, Nigeria does export to other countries, its just not highly publicized and what ECOWAS countries produce, depend on the average Nigerian consumer's taste. And Nigeria is probably the most resourceful nation on the continent. Forget crude oil, what do you think we survived on before the oil boom of the 70s?? Rubber, cocoa, gold, very large untapped iron ore deposits, bitumen, coal, just to name a few...oh yeah and agricultural land, Nigeria has the largest rice plantation in Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

All those points are true apart from No. 2, it was not an attempt to belittle your country. If I say the US is the world power, am I belittling Kenya? your low self esteem is whats making you feel belittle, Kenya has a lot to be proud of just like Nigeria.

If they were true, would you be getting this mad while we debunk all of them one by one? The US is a world super power - saying that is not belittling anyone, but saying Kazakhstan is the world power is FALSE. Just like Nigeria is nowhere close to being a superpower. Does Nigeria enjoy the same living standards as the US? Does Nigeria contribute lots of money to international organizations? What manufactured product does Nigeria export? What inventions has Nigeria made? Your living standards are even lower than Kenya's - a very poor country. You have no right comparing yourselves to the US.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2016

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2016
Fidha254:
Kenyan govt hospitals are subsidized, when calculated, a patient pais for 32% of the medical bill. besides that pregnant mothers dont pay for any medical treatement or check up during the course of her pregnancy, and children get free treatment for any medical treatment until they reach the age of 5

if Nigeria had better hospitals you wouldnt be ranking lower on this things considering you spend more in healthcare than kenya...

kenya on the left compared to Nigeria in the right, especially on the highlighted points that cover health

comparing statistics makes no sense because Nigeria's population is more than 3 times that of Kenya, of course more people die in Nigeria than in Kenya, that's because more people live there!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

dude what are you taking about? ECOWAS economy depends on Nigeria's economy. contrary to what you think, Nigeria does export to other countries, its just not highly publicized and what ECOWAS countries produce, depend on the average Nigerian consumer's taste. And Nigeria is probably the most resourceful nation on the continent. Forget crude oil, what do you think we survived on before the oil boom of the 70s?? Rubber, cocoa, gold, very large untapped iron ore deposits, bitumen, coal, just to name a few...oh yeah and agricultural land, Nigeria has the largest rice plantation in Africa.

EAC economy depends on Kenya too - the question you should ask yourself is, what influence does ECOWAS have and what's the value of that dependebility? If you are the most resourceful country on the continent (I forgive your ignorance - you've probably never heard of DRC) yet your countrymen can't get services as basic as constant electricity then you should be pitying yourself rather than boasting.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

comparing statistics makes no sense because Nigeria's population is more than 3 times that of Kenya, of course more people die in Nigeria than in Kenya, that's because more people live there!

You should have asked yourself the same before comparing the GDP. I don't blame you though - those satistics are living standards statistics (infant mortality for instant has nothing to do with population - countries with shitty hospitals will have higher infant mortality). More people per 1000 die in Nigeria than in Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

If they were true, would you be getting this mad while we debunk all of them one by one? The US is a world super power - saying that is not belittling anyone, but saying Kazakhstan is the world power is FALSE. Just like Nigeria is nowhere close to being a superpower. Does Nigeria enjoy the same living standards as the US? Does Nigeria contribute lots of money to international organizations? What manufactured product does Nigeria export? What inventions has Nigeria made? Your living standards are even lower than Kenya's - a very poor country. You have no right comparing yourselves to the US.

Read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerging_power

Although there is no exact and agreed upon definition of what constitutes an emerging power, the term has sometimes been also applied to the following countries:

Argentina[8][11]
Australia[11]
Indonesia[7][8][11]
Iran[12]
Mexico[7][8][11]
Nigeria[13][14][15]
Poland[8][16]
Saudi Arabia[11]
South Africa[5][7][8][9][11]
South Korea[8][11]
Turkey[7][8][11]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

EAC economy depends on Kenya too - the question you should ask yourself is, what influence does ECOWAS have and what's the value of that dependebility? If you are the most resourceful country on the continent (I forgive your ignorance - you've probably never heard of DRC) yet your countrymen can't get services as basic as constant electricity then you should be pitying yourself rather than boasting.

the DRC is a much larger country than Nigeria by land mass. Its landscape is the single most resourceful piece of real estate on earth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:10am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

so what is your argument now? that the EAC is more influential than ECOWAS. If you must know, ECOWAS has offices in both Kenya and Ethiopia.

Also consider that Nigeria has the highest number of rich black folks on forbes list. Keyword black.

Nigeria has some shitty hospitals but I assure you, Kenya has more shitty hospitals than Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Actually we do.
Oga read!

http://mg.co.za/article/2015-04-02-nigeria-will-be-africas-first-global-superpower
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Nigeria lead the military arm of ECOWAS, called ECOMOG to end the Sierra Leone and Liberian civil wars. Don't get me started on military might. If you post pictures of the recent demo with the King of Jordan, I will block you. Military hardwware, personolle, air force and better equiped and much larger than Kenya's.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerging_power

Although there is no exact and agreed upon definition of what constitutes an emerging power, the term has sometimes been also applied to the following countries:

Argentina[8][11]
Australia[11]
Indonesia[7][8][11]
Iran[12]
Mexico[7][8][11]
Nigeria[13][14][15]
Poland[8][16]
Saudi Arabia[11]
South Africa[5][7][8][9][11]
South Korea[8][11]
Turkey[7][8][11]

Wikipedia? lol

That Nigeria is growing is no secret and it's actually a good thing. What you fail to realize is that the whole of Africa is growing. Nigeria having a larger population will definitely have the biggest economy on the continent but remember a big economy does no automatically mean dominance. Nigeria merely having a bigger economy doesn't mean it's going to be a big brother to the rest of Africa - the obvious reason is, Nigeria has a much lower living standard than many African countries and is in no position to control them. Botswana has a much smaller economy than you but what is the probability of you guys helping Botswana in any way? Botswana is safer than Nigeria, has better medical and academic facilities, has better planned cleaner cities, has less poverty, is better run and better than Nigeria in almost everything apart from the size of the economy so no, Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. I can bring you several statistics ranking Kenya as a continental leader in ICT, Real Estate etc but at no point would you here me claim Kenya is Africa's giant due to that.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

the DRC is a much larger country than Nigeria by land mass. Its landscape is the single most resourceful piece of real estate on earth.

Thank you google - at least one ignorant man realizes Nigeria is not the most resourceful country on the continent.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

The problem with, you just make random arrogant assertions with nothing to prove them yet still claim to be more informed than everybody else. Like your Nigerian friend mentioned, Kenyans are bringing in facts, Nigerians are just making boastful remarks. You're the uninformed one buddy - and those buildings are still present in Ibadan - seems you are not informed about your own country either.

oga when I go home, I live in Ibadan, which one of us is ill informed? you that has never steeped out side of Kenya?

There are still slums in IB for sure, but not the way your pictures have portrayed them.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

A small and ordinary country which only discovered crude oil less than 5 years ago is able to raise more government revenue than the giant.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Nigeria lead the military arm of ECOWAS, called ECOMOG to end the Sierra Leone and Liberian civil wars. Don't get me started on military might. If you post pictures of the recent demo with the King of Jordan, I will block you. Military hardwware, personolle, air force and better equiped and much larger than Kenya's.

Peanuts to tiny countries - Nigeria's millitary is as pathetic as the rest of Africa. Boko Haram alone is too big shit for you.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Actually we do.
Oga read!

http://mg.co.za/article/2015-04-02-nigeria-will-be-africas-first-global-superpower

"Will be"................give me a break, we are talking of the present. Remind me, what manufactured product does Nigeria export exactly? You realize you are the only country with over 100 Million people that doesn't export any manufactured products do you?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

oga when I go home, I live in Ibadan, which one of us is ill informed? you that has never steeped out side of Kenya?

There are still slums in IB for sure, but not the way your pictures have portrayed them.

I have travelled outside Kenya my friend. That you live in Ibadan doesn't miraculously stop it from being a shitty city. Cities of it's size need a well developed CBD with good neighborhoods and fewer slums occupying less than 5% of the area. Once again, those buildings still make up the biggest portion of Ibadan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2016
Fidha254:
Dammit!! Statistics are such a cold science

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Wikipedia? lol

That Nigeria is growing is no secret and it's actually a good thing. What you fail to realize is that the whole of Africa is growing. Nigeria having a larger population will definitely have the biggest economy on the continent but remember a big economy does no automatically mean dominance. Nigeria merely having a bigger economy doesn't mean it's going to be a big brother to the rest of Africa - the obvious reason is, Nigeria has a much lower living standard than many African countries and is in no position to control them. Botswana has a much smaller economy than you but what is the probability of you guys helping Botswana in any way? Botswana is safer than Nigeria, has better medical and academic facilities, has better planned cleaner cities, has less poverty, is better run and better than Nigeria in almost everything apart from the size of the economy so no, Nigeria is not the giant of Africa. I can bring you several statistics ranking Kenya as a continental leader in ICT, Real Estate etc but at no point would you here me claim Kenya is Africa's giant due to that.

Actually the higher the population, the harder it is to cater for the people especially in a capitalist society like Nigeria. The US was able to maintain equality via FDR social security enactment. I did not say other African countries are not growing, but Nigeria is going at a much faster pace therefore has more inequality to deal with.

Nigeria is in a position to control, Nigerian businesses are spread across the continent, UBA, GT Bank, Eco bank all have branches in Kenya, these are Nigerian owned financial institutions. Even IT start up in Nigeria are bring their business to Kenya, BudgIT will launch its Kenya chapter soon, Tuteria.com too, Dangote Group is in SA, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Malawi, Tanzania and more rcently Kenya, Glo Telecoms also Nigerian owned is in Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic, consultancy services as well, much of Kenya's Temenos T24 core banking are implemented by Nigerian consultants.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

I have travelled outside Kenya my friend. That you live in Ibadan doesn't miraculously stop it from being a shitty city. Cities of it's size need a well developed CBD with good neighborhoods and fewer slums occupying less than 5% of the area. Once again, those buildings still make up the biggest portion of Ibadan.

That Ibadan has slums does not mean it does not have nice neighborhoods, they are nice estates there as well, Bodija, Ire Akari, Oluyole, Akobo, these are all Runda type of local governments all in Ibadan. Not to talk of Oyo state at large, Ibadan is only the capital city of Oyo state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.