Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6193618 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Acecube:
yeah 2016, what course bro ?
mathematics....but I dropped out after spending just two years. wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Acecube(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

ah... what happened?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol, that guy is high.
lol......he's not only high, his inane level is higher than the stratosphere.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
freshest4live:

Where did you find this? This is a nairaland post on ldu station, and l have never seen that Chinese symbol.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/3264873/visit-idu-train-station-abuja&ved=0ahUKEwj7hOeWipvVAhUTOsAKHe3RDdsQFggeMAE&usg=AFQjCNEZaNev0h4YLzgSGBwyExBlg6Cbug

Note also that the point we are making is that Nigerians are concerned that the Chinese should be the ones supervising these things, but it's not really a concern to Kenyans, l stand to be corrected though.

Are u insinuating the photo was photoshopped? That was Idu before she commenced operations. So who said Kenyans arent concerned. Do you know the number of engineers currently being trained in China and South Korea?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

grin grin I feel u
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Acecube:
ah... what happened?
it was never my intention to go to sch, but u know Nigerian parents? after my sec school, I worked as an apprentice at a vehicle assembly plant but my dad was against it, he almost disown me because of it. so I said i'll goan study mech engr since he wants me there.
I passed all the exams but was 2marks short of mech engr requirement and I was given mathematics which I don't like, my dad asked me to stick to it.

my dad died the following year and I left sch since he's the reason why I went there at the first place.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

grin grin I feel u
hehe.........because i'm a dropout?? cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Acecube(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

it was never my intention to go to sch, but u know Nigerian parents? after my sec school, I worked as an apprentice at a vehicle assembly plant but my dad was against it, he almost disown me because of it. so I said i'll goan study mech engr since he wants me there.
I passed all the exams but was 2marks short of mech engr requirement and I was given mathematics which I don't like, my dad asked me to stick to it.

my dad died the following year and I left sch since he's the reason why I went there at the first place.
okay, Hope you are happy and doing quite well?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kenya's richest county, Kiambu County.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

lol, okay. So whats these signs on your awesome Idu station?
TayserMahiri:

Are u insinuating the photo was photoshopped? That was Idu before she commenced operations. So who said Kenyans arent concerned. Do you know the number of engineers currently being trained in China and South Korea?

That was not Idu before operations. Read the english writing below the chinese symbol, it was just for the launching or opening ceremony of the station.
It was definitely reomved that same day after the opening ceremony.

But look at your own. Apart from the opening ceremony tag (which may be removed). Other signposts below were in Chinese. I have also seen other normal signposts of Kenyan railway in chinese (and not ceremony tags).

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kiambu County, wealthiest county in Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Acecube:
okay, Hope you are happy and doing quite well?
of course........i'm enjoying my life,bro. I hope u enjoy urs too wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

hehe.........because i'm a dropout?? cool

yea, tough life huh cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Acecube(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

of course........i'm enjoying my life,bro. I hope u enjoy urs too wink
amen thanks...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Acecube:
graduated from Unilorin currently serving. I'm thinking of getting DE to Med... it's very competitive though. Don't really have a secured lecturing job on ground so I'm kinda still thinking about Msc and PhD, don't want to have them and still be in search of a job... what line are you now into if I may ask ?

Ok, that's nice.
I'll pm you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

yea, tough life huh cheesy
nah.....that's not the reason why I dropped out.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Tell him our Engineers went to supervise the Manufacture of the trains to avoid "mitumba" train disasters (like this Nigerian one) being delivered to us from China grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

That was not Idu before operations. Read the english writing below the chinese symbol, it was just for the launching or opening ceremony of the station.

But look at your own. Apart from the opening ceremony tag (which may be removed). Other signposts below were in Chinese. I have also seen other normal signposts of Kenyan railway in chinese (and not ceremony tags).

Does it matter? Why could you not have the whole project labelled in Hausa or Pidgin instead of arguing over Chinese when you're using English like you are Englishmen. You can only claim full independence if you use own local languages. Never mind, the new stations in operation have no Chinese signposts anymore. They're now in English and/or Swahili. Yours on the other hand will definitely be in English alone.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

nah.....that's not the reason why I dropped out.

U dropped out cos u were poor in maths if I got that right smiley Sorry bout ur dad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

all of u guys are actually saying the same thing.

the Chinese built the Kenyan SGR and are building Nigerian SGR too. that idu signpost was there on the inauguration day and was removed, that signpost u're seeing on that Kenyan site is for Chinese workers that may not understand englsh, it will surely be removed after completion of the project.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Tell him our Engineers went to supervise the Manufacture of the trains to avoid "mitumba" train disasters like this Nigerian one being delivered to us from China grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thats definitely not ours. Is that Mr. engineer on top of the head end? grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

U dropped out cos u were poor in maths if I got that right smiley Sorry bout ur dad
o boy, i'm not poor in maths o,forget it.....i'm very good at it,if I wasn't good in maths, I wouldn't have applied for engineering.
I dropped out cos I just don't want to waste my precious time in sch.*cover face* lipsrsealed

thanks bout the old man jare. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thats definitely not ours. Is that Mr. engineer on top of the head end? grin
Its Nigeria's new light rail train cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

issokay.....that's not a light rail, Madamme afrique.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

all of u guys are actually saying the same thing.

the Chinese built the Kenyan SGR and are building Nigerian SGR too. that idu signpost was there on the inauguration day and was removed, that signpost u're seeing on that Kenyan site is for Chinese workers that may not understand englsh, it will surely be removed after completion of the project.

Yes ! A full round of Tusker for you bratha
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Yes ! A full round of Tusker for you bratha
yeah....... I receive it. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

o boy, i'm not poor in maths o,forget it.....i'm very good at it,if I wasn't good in maths, I wouldn't have applied for engineering.
I dropped out cos I just don't want to waste my precious time in sch. *cover face* lipsrsealed

thanks bout the old man jare. smiley

undecided
Why is it a waste of time?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

issokay.....that's not a light rail, Madamme afrique.
She's a man oh
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
shervydman:

issokay..... that's not a light rail, Madamme afrique.
Don't worry, it's a perfect fit for your Kubwa rail station grin

So What do you call it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
TayserMahiri:

undecided
Why is it a waste of time?
hmmmn.......its actually not a waste of time on a general note. I just don't fancy schooling, most of what we're undergoing in this part of the world is not education but schooling.

education is meant for individuals to be innovative, free-thinkers and most importantly makes one to be useful to his/her immediate environment which is exactly the opposite of what schools are dispensing nowadays.
like the case in Nigeria...education schooling is seen as a gateway to success which to me is wrong.

i'm an avid reader though.......... I can read books from now till eternity grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Don't worry, it's a perfect fit for your Kubwa rail station grin

So What do you call it?
i call it BIIIIG...... it will go along with KUBWA which means BIG in Swahili. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.