Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,886 members, 7,838,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6248207 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Eeerm Dagonte delayed his plans to enter Kenya to 2021.There is no Dagonte Cement in Kenya
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/Dangote-Cement-now-delays-Kenya-entry-to-2021/539550-3847650-vl0yqfz/index.html
Unlike Tanzania, he will be forced to give up half his company to Locals.I believe Ethiopia did something similar this year(without telling him prior)
In Kenya foreign entities have to either give up a percentage of their shares to the Government of Kenya,Kenyan businessmen or the Nairobi Stock Exchange or face a punitive tax rate so Dagonte Cement in Kenya will most likely be the Dagonte-Kirubi Cement or Dagonte Cement PLC or Dagonte Portland Cement(with the Finance Permanent Secretary, the Treasury or NSSF CEO having a seat at his board.)
That is the case with all our multinationals.
Why should he build a plant in kenya when he can flood your market with cheap imports from his Ethiopian plant next door.Your government isn't smart.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

No you don't that forever remains with South Africa.Not Nigeria.
Which channels are those??
In Kenya, I only know one Nigerian tv channel which is on DSTV, Sound City(which I assume is Nigerian as it plays Nigerian music 3/4 of the time).
On the other hand Kenyans can tell you of SABC 1,SABC 2, etv ,SABC Africa(the latter two being free to air in Kenya) and Vuzu.
Heck,I know more Indian channels(but that is because I am from Coast,Mombasa) than any Nigerian channel. We know Zee, Colours, Star Bollywood, SONY and Bharat.
The only other Nigerian station I have ever heard of is NTA and that was coz of DSTV adverts.
As for Video on Demand ,Kenya has iFlix.Look for it.
If I remember clearly, Amazon Prime is blocked in Nigeria(or was until recently,I but I do not think they have unblocked it ) when I watch my shows on my Galaxy S7!!
I will enlighten you

check these stations out
Channels TV (news) best in Africa before and I think the first
Spice TV (first lifestyle and fashion station in Africa
Tvc news Africa (first pan African news station)
African movie channel
Trybe TV Africa
Ebony life TV
Nta that even looks poorest in Nigeria because of the government has many channels
NTA entertainment
NTA news 24
NTA knowledge
NTA Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo
NTA sports 24
Don't forget the first African news caster and first TV station in Africa
The first independent station in Africa [AIT]
1music

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
samsobo24:
I will enlighten you

check these stations out
Channels TV (news) best in Africa before and I think the first
Spice TV (first lifestyle and fashion station in Africa
Tvc news Africa (first pan African news station)
African movie channel
Trybe TV Africa
Ebony life TV
Nta that even looks poorest in Nigeria because of the government has many channels
NTA entertainment
NTA news 24
NTA knowledge
NTA Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo
NTA sports 24
Don't forget the first African news caster and first TV station in Africa
The first independent station in Africa [AIT]
1music
have you seen tvc news World class studio

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Eeerm, Craft Silicon ,EABL Kilimall and Seven Seas Technologies.
What Nigerian companies are in Kenya?Please do not tell me Dagonte, he delayed his entry to Kenya to 2021.
And not Jumia, we are well aware the company is owned by German investors.
Oh, btw, Kenya has 43 tribes.I happen to be Swahili
Jumia was founded by tunde kehinde and Raphael afeador. check on them at ur leisure time.
don't forget we have GTB and UBA in Kenya too.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Most innovative bank in Africa,Zenith bank

prepare very well before challenging Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
samsobo24:
have you seen tvc news World class studio

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

simple English is ur problem.....if u really understand what d person u quoted mean, u would have saved 2mins of ur life from unwanted epistle.
I think the English issue, as everyone knows on this continent, is a West African problem in general and a Nigerian problem in particular
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
samsobo24:
Most innovative bank in Africa,Zenith bank

prepare very well before challenging Nigeria
FNB Bank of South Africa was named the most innovative bank overall of 2016 by FinTech
https://www.digitalstreetsa.com/fnb-africas-innovative-bank-2016/
Togo's Ecobank was named the most innovative bank of 2016-2017 at the Africa Bankers Award.Equity came second and the best in East Africa.No mention of Zenith anywhere
http://allafrica.com/stories/201705310955.html
No mention of Zenith anywhere.
Please place sources of either 2016 or 2017(if the awards have taken place) of Zenith.
I know there ain't any.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Chai! Ndo 4 d guy! grin
You gave the Kiberawalker a hamstring.He has since become a shadow of himself.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=samsobo24 post=60789016][/quote]
I just livestreamed your TVC News.
Poor Poor Poor POOOOOOOOR English.
We nos Hablos Pdgin please!!
And I did not see that studio, though what I was watching was TVC investigates.
Again Poor poor POOOOOOOOOOOOR English!!
Even Al Jazeera employed Britons/British born anchors for their English versions.
Thank the Lord for Kenya and our Urban English!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

Jumia was founded by tunde kehinde and Raphael afeador. check on them at ur leisure time.
And both are the 43rd and 44th Smallest banks in Kenya. There is no Nigerian Bank in the Top 10,Top 20 or Top 30 Banks in Kenya. GTB has 5 branches in Kenya.Equity has 85 KCB has 250. Cooperative has 90. National Bank 65. You cannot compete.
KCB, A bank owned by the Government of Kenya is the largest in terms of Assets and Profitability (Equity is the largest in terms of customer numbers) ,
Yes,Jumia was founded by Nigerians.It is not owned by them. The same way in Kenya, Kilimall was founded by a Chinese but the current majority shareholders are Kenyan
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Eeerm, Craft Silicon ,EABL Kilimall and Seven Seas Technologies.
What Nigerian companies are in Kenya?Please do not tell me Dagonte, he delayed his entry to Kenya to 2021.
And not Jumia, we are well aware the company is owned by German investors.
Oh, btw, Kenya has 43 tribes.I happen to be Swahili
EABL is not in Nigeria.Seven Seas,Killimall are fringe companies if they are in Nigeria at all.Let me give you some Nigerian companies in kenya:UBA bank,GTBank,Interswitch with 12 banks under it;Helios,a company owned by two nigerians own telcomKenya.And yes,Dangote is in kenya selling cement he imports from his Ethiopia plant.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
This your fake American hoodie thing makes you appear ridiculous.Ya,ya,ma,ma....you'll soon turn to Yaya Toure.
Villager boy am from kenya not west africa ....an i care less if ya understand or not ..stick with ya naija pidgin..an please there is life outside the village dude
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
EABL is not in Nigeria.Seven Seas,Killimall are fringe companies if they are in Nigeria at all.Let me give you some Nigerian companies in kenya:UBA bank,GTBank,Interswitch with 12 banks under it;Helios,a company owned by two nigerians own telcomKenya.And yes,Dangote is in kenya selling cement he imports from his Ethiopia plant.
GT Bank and UBA Bank are Fringe banks in Kenya.I do not think GTBank in Kenya has ever made a profit in fact.
EABL is in Nigeria as the Tusker brand is distributed there as well as in South Africa.
Telkom Kenya is a loss making company and can never match up to Safaricom as the Government of Kenya(which owns 40% of Telkom) puts restrictions on it.Why do you think France Telcom left
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000177957/french-exit-after-entry-marked-by-big-promises-orange-to-leave-behind-a-limping-telkom-kenya
It will never succeed!!
Interswitch has 12 banks. Kenswitch, which is Kenyan has 30.
Plus, PesaLink, introduced this year and owned by the Kenya Bankers Association has nearly every bank and is aimed at competing with MPESA.
Unlike Kenswitch and Interswitch whose transactions take 2-3days. PesaLink is instant!!!
That makes Interswitch a fringe company too
Dagonte,as I said earlier, is not in Kenya.He plans to enter in 2021, during which he will give up half his company to a Kenyan, as expected.
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/Dangote-Cement-now-delays-Kenya-entry-to-2021/539550-3847650-vl0yqfz/index.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Muafrika2:

Sure,
real data isn't their thing grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
mtis:

Villager boy am from kenya not west africa ....an i care less if ya understand or not ..stick with ya naija pidgin..an please there is life outside the village dude
Mr.Yaya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
@shervy...Sewer system ko.Maybe the foreigners.Most of the maasai guys you see here use flying toilets.Like Mr.yaya right here.
Another bubutard spotted..or should i ask about the zoo grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

I just livestreamed your TVC News.
Poor Poor Poor POOOOOOOOR English.
We nos Hablos Pdgin please!!
And I did not see that studio, though what I was watching was TVC investigates.
Again Poor poor POOOOOOOOOOOOR English!!
Even Al Jazeera employed Britons/British born anchors for their English versions.
Thank the Lord for Kenya and our Urban English!!
hehehehe.....see this guy, calling another African country spoken English poor??....guy, English is not our language, even Brit's and US spoken english ain't d same, an Italian spoken English is also diff from a German spoken English. so, arguing over spoken English is trash here. a Nigerian will tell u ur spoken English is poor too. abeg, a stopped clock is twice correct.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
samsobo24:
Nigeria is really a giant in Africa,if not that we have been unlucky with leadership, we should be after countries like Singapore, India and many more.
The private sector in Nigeria is really trying
its a zoo dude ..get over it dude

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

GT Bank and UBA Bank are Fringe banks in Kenya.I do not think GTBank in Kenya has ever made a profit in fact.
EABL is in Nigeria as the Tusker brand is distributed there as well as in South Africa.
Telkom Kenya is a loss making company and can never match up to Safaricom as the Government of Kenya(which owns 40% of Telkom) puts restrictions on it.Why do you think France Telcom left
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000177957/french-exit-after-entry-marked-by-big-promises-orange-to-leave-behind-a-limping-telkom-kenya
It will never succeed!!
Interswitch has 12 banks. Kenswitch, which is Kenyan has 30.
Plus, PesaLink, introduced this year and owned by the Kenya Bankers Association has nearly every bank and is aimed at competing with MPESA.
Unlike Kenswitch and Interswitch whose transactions take 2-3days. PesaLink is instant!!!
That makes Interswitch a fringe company too
Dagonte,as I said earlier, is not in Kenya.He plans to enter in 2021, during which he will give up half his company to a Kenyan, as expected.
tusker in Nigeria??.....go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Muafrika2:

We welcome smart people like Dangote in Kenya. Not 419ing cultists like you with suspect intentions.

Let him come first and compete with our local companies and we'll see. He's been delaying the plant since the first announcement years ago.
i know that dude is a cultist..he keeps on calling me yaya..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
samsobo24:
we even have one of the best digital TV content and channels in Africa
hah.. didnt see that coming homie grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
@GERALD...You have 43 banks in kenya and Gtb is in 22 position based on assets.That means it has potentials.If tusker is distributed in nigeria,it has less impact than Dangote which is also distributed in kenya and is crashing prices which had been static for ten years.Interswitch has kcb your biggest bank already and remember it is a Nigerian company in kenya.Don't downplay the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
Shitty maasai frog-eyed coward,a man today,a woman tomorrow.The same one posting fake personal pictures the other time.Name the kenyan businesses in Nigeria before you run away.Oh,the businesses are here on nairaland wasting away on a Nigerian site.I am sure tomorrow morning,Monday when people are minding their businesses,you will still be here before Nigerians.Shameless toad!I am still waiting for the kenyan businesses in Nigeria.
Serious man you are really really a slowpoker...you think its only maasais who reside in Kenya..if ya two neurons remaining could just operate well ya would know there are other tribes..man yo sound like Nowenuse..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

hehehehe.....see this guy, calling another African country spoken English poor??....guy, English is not our language, even Brit's and US spoken english ain't d same, an Italian spoken English is also diff from a German spoken English. so, arguing over spoken English is trash here. a Nigerian will tell u ur spoken English is poor too. abeg, a stopped clock is twice correct.
Please!! Check our News sitesand listen to our anchors!!!Jesus!!!We have Excellent English speakers in Nairobi and Mombasa at least!!!If your best journalists speak like that, how does the ordinary person talk??.If in Kenya we are told our English is bad because some tribes(Kikuyus, Central Kenyans and Somalis) murder the English language,However, those brought up in urban Kenya speak with an accent very close to British English!!Thank God for White English teachers!!! Nigerian news anchors Nononononononono!!!!Eugh!!No wonder no Nigerian news site is aired in East Africa.
Ezekiel Mutua of the Kenya Films Classification Board would declare it an 'insult to African Values' and ban it like he banned 50 Shades of Grey

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
You gave the Kiberawalker a hamstring.He has since become a shadow of himself.

Ah! Until now!? grin

Poor boy. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
mtis:

i know that dude is a cultist..he keeps on calling me yaya..

Na ni danda kuruka grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
shervydman:

they sold it dude...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
mtis:

real data isn't their thing grin grin
I taya

Mtu anataka umtaftie kila kitu
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

I think the English issue, as everyone knows on this continent, is a West African problem in general and a Nigerian problem in particular
if only you can hear how they sound when speaking..i think its just good to stick to writing thingy.. grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
@GERALD...You have 43 banks in kenya and Gtb is in 22 position based on assets.That means it has potentials.If tusker is distributed in nigeria,it has less impact than Dangote which is also distributed in kenya and is crashing prices which had been static for ten years.Interswitch has kcb your biggest bank already and remember it is a Nigerian company in kenya.Don't downplay the obvious.
tusker distributed in Nigeria? where? I've never come across it, do they have another brand in naija, I'll like to take it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
GT is not number 22. That is Victoria Bank.WTFNo. What list are you using
Dagonte ONCE AGAIN IS NOT IN KENYA!!!!
SMH!!He is entering the Kenyan market in 2021!!!Please go back and read above.I have never seen a Dagonte product in Kenya EVER!!
KCB is on Kenswitch as well
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/539552-687008-jvgsj0/index.html
KCB is on Pesalink as well.
Considering Interswitch has only 12 banks while Kenswitch has 30 while PesaLink has almost everyone(Except GT Bank,UBA and other foreign banks actually) it is clear though which channels that KCB pushes most of its money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.