Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6219309 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
"According to a new series of papers released by The Lancet, the majority of children who die before they turn one month old – nearly 3 million each year – could be saved by better care around the time of birth."

https://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/kenya_73692.html

3 MILLION!!!

kilode when you are not at war.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Where?Kenya has never had children more than 10 die from Hunger in year!!!! Can you post a link of children dying DAILY in Kenya coz of hunger
In 2017, 60,000 children WERE AT RISK.And we mitigated that risk to zero because the Highland and Coastal parts of Kenya have enough food to feed everyone .Nigeria 240 are dying DAILY.NO CHILD died of hunger in 2017 in Kenya.That last happened in 2009. when 6 did.
Nigeria 240 dead daily and 90,000 to be dead by Christmas.
Well...

10?

3 MILLION!!! dude 3 fucking MILLION.

https://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/kenya_73692.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

70% OF Urban Kenyans have access to a sewer system.If you live in a stone house, you must have paid a sewer connection fee.
Nairobi has had a working sewer system since 1940 with Kariobangi plant being fully operational since 1961 and Ruai, the largest pond sewer system in Africa since 1993. Hence Nairobi has 2
Mombasa has 4 sewer plants. Kipevu the largest opened in 1964. Kizingo,who treatment plant is Africa's only underground sewer treatment plant(on top of it is the Mombasa Golf Course) opened in the 1920s. Tudor sewerage plant in 1968 and Nyali in 2013.
Dude, even small towns like Karatina had sewer plants in the 50s because the Europeans built them.SMH!!
Let us move to Nigeria,Kano,Jos, Sokoto,Benue do not have functioning sewer plants.Lagos sewer serves 10% of the population while in Abuja only 3 districts of the FCT have acces to a sewer.
Pot calling the kettle black.When the pot is soot covered while the kettle is electric powered!!
according to CIA factbook...26% of Kenyans live in urban areas, Nigeria is 49% cool
ur population is 48m, 26% of 48m is 12.8m. now, 12.8m stays in urban areas in Kenya!
u said 70% of urban dwellers have access to sewer system, that's 70% of 12.8m which is 8.9m!, now 8.9m out of 48m is 18%, so 18% of Kenyans have access to sewer system wink wink.

I don't care about ur sewer plants, every nation on earth has it!!

u don't know about lagos or Abuja or any of our sewer system, u know nada!.
give me proofs and don't just give me trash.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2212.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Because Coastal Kenyans like the Swahilis consider West Africans to be very very backward.

Ooh! So sorry the Coastal Kenyans are considered by West Africans as savages and cave men. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oboyee naija still dey learn ooo.

"It is estimated the average urban Kenyan pays 16 bribes per month. Most of these bribes are fairly small but large ones are also taken – bribes worth over 50,000 Kenyan shillings ( €600 , US$700) account for 41% of the total value. There is also corruption on a larger scale with each of the last two regimes being criticised for their involvement. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
I saw this on TV yesterday.In the next 10years Nigeria would clearly leave other African countries behind.I saw that thread about TSTV yesterday and I thinl it ir a lot better than DSTV.Midland in Ibadan is even better than dstv but their popularity is low.Dstv has a bumpy ride ahead.
abeg tell me about the midland bro.am already tired of dstv and their wahala
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Is there anything there that I have posted which is not true?
How many Nigerians die every couple of years in Xenophobic attacks in South Africa?
In India
Executed in Asia??
Kenya has over 10,000 students in India.How many incidents have you heard ?
How many Kenyans attacked in South Africa??None
Executed in Asia.None.Ever even the ones imprisoned there.
Nigerians are considered to be a scourge on humanity by most East Africans (And how should I put it.Black Nigger Monkeys by Somalis, Ethiopians Eritieans and many Kenyans)
That is why M7 wanted deported Nigerians to WALK to Nigeria.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
GERALD710:

Please!! Check our News sitesand listen to our anchors!!!Jesus!!!We have Excellent English speakers in Nairobi and Mombasa at least!!!If your best journalists speak like that, how does the ordinary person talk??.If in Kenya we are told our English is bad because some tribes(Kikuyus, Central Kenyans and Somalis) murder the English language,However, those brought up in urban Kenya speak with an accent very close to British English!!Thank God for White English teachers!!! Nigerian news anchors Nononononononono!!!!Eugh!!No wonder no Nigerian news site is aired in East Africa.
Ezekiel Mutua of the Kenya Films Classification Board would declare it an 'insult to African Values' and ban it like he banned 50 Shades of Grey
calm ur nerves.......ur not reasoning well again, breathe in n out slowly. English, English, English is different all over the way. I can tell u that while watching ur election news too, It take me some time before I understand what some of ur people were saying, its all over the world.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:17am On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:

Dude, even Somalis who are dirt poor and in a civil war call Nigerians very interesting things.

You're pretty delusional. I've been to Somalinet and Kenyans tribes come in for a lot of derisory abuse, like other Bantu groups. It's a general thing with Somalis. They have a reputation for denigrating other Bantu groups while thinking they're somehow superior because of their straight hair and fairer skin. I'm not sure what gives you the impression they share some special love for Kenyans.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:

Is there anything there that I have posted which is not true?
How many Nigerians die every couple of years in Xenophobic attacks in South Africa?
In India
Executed in Asia??
Kenya has over 10,000 students in India.How many incidents have you heard ?
How many Kenyans attacked in South Africa??None
Executed in Asia.None.Ever even the ones imprisoned there.
Nigerians are considered to be a scourge on humanity by most East Africans (And how should I put it.Black Nigger Monkeys by Somalis, Ethiopians Eritieans and many Kenyans)
That is why M7 wanted deported Nigerians to WALK to Nigeria.

More delusions. You've carried out several mass evacuations during South African genocides. Zimbabweans have usually borne the brunt of most attacks. Then Somalis. Then probably Nigerians and Malawis. I'd guess this is more a function of the populations of resident foreigners. If you think that has anything to do with some hierarchy, you're delusional. If those frenzied thugs caught your arse on their streets, they'd batter the fucckk out of you. Dozens of Kenyans have been murdered over the years in South Sudan too.

And believe it or not, plenty of Kenyans peddle drugs in Asia and many are on death row as this article shows:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/1144015775/five-kenyans-to-hang-over-drugs-in-china
Sure, it's certainly worse among Nigeria (my tribesmen, Igbos, do account for most of the African drug peddling in Asia), but you aren't nearly as clean as you think you are.
Go tell this woman brutalized in India that no Kenyans get attacked there.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/noida/african-woman-attacked-in-greater-noida-claims-she-was-kicked-and-punched-by-locals/story-DLCG1bRBIL9Bz0xuCPQbRO.html

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Shaytun:

Nobody gives a bleepgringrin and yet here you are spending the better part of your lifetime on nigeria issue in a nigerian forum.

Tell me how many times did you think about nigeria today. Be honestgringrin

I gloated with pleasure when a couple of Nigerians were bundled into an anti narcotics unit land rover by the Police today

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 25, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

More delusions. You've carried out several mass evacuations during South African genocides. Zimbabweans have usually borne the brunt of most attacks. Then Somalis. Then probably Nigerians and Malawis. I'd guess this is more a function of the populations of resident foreigners. If you think that has anything to do with some hierarchy, you're delusional. If those frenzied thugs caught your arse on their streets, they'd batter the fucckk out of you. Dozens of Kenyans have been murdered over the years in South Sudan too.

And believe it or not, plenty of Kenyans peddle drugs in Asia and many are on death row as this article shows:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/1144015775/five-kenyans-to-hang-over-drugs-in-china
Sure, it's certainly worse among Nigeria (my tribesmen, Igbos, do account for most of the African drug peddling in Asia), but you aren't nearly as clean as you think you are.
Go tell this woman brutalized in India that no Kenyans get attacked there.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/noida/african-woman-attacked-in-greater-noida-claims-she-was-kicked-and-punched-by-locals/story-DLCG1bRBIL9Bz0xuCPQbRO.html
The very very few Kenyans who have ever been caught with drugs in Asia were part of a Nigerian Drug Ring.That is why we deported several Nigerians in 2012 who were in cahoots with Kazakhs and Armenians and dragging locals, mostly students already there into the loop as the one who transport the packages They themselves were not either barons nor did they go to Asia with the intention to peddle drugs like is the case with Nigerians in Asia.They are there mostly as students.As for those to hang in China that was in 2008 and that was our first EVER case. It was met with shock here in Kenya.As for Nigeria, that is the norm every year. Close to 1000 Nigerians are on death row for drug traficking in Asia(P.S. I am excluding other crimes like human traficking).
1Kenyan and 1Tanzanian so far have been attacked in India outside of Punjab and Gujarat for being mistaken for Nigerians. LMAO!!!Indians have often made it quite clear that they want to target Nigerians.So many students who go to other parts of India apart from Punjab and Gujarat(Where Kenyans are treated very well, many of our black doctors and businessmen actually studied in both states due to the cheap tuition and easy access to Kenyans.One can actually apply to the University of Punjab from Nairobi and get express entry .Because our Indians are from either of those two states) now carry a Kenya ID so that if you meet a mob, you prove to them you are not Nigerian and you do not need to carry around your passport!!!Tanzania and Kenya have strong relationships with India.You forget that hundreds of thousands of Indians live on this side of the Indian Ocean and a Kenyan is the head of the Indian Reserve Bank.They do not have a problem with us.
Also considering more than 500,000 Kenyans of African origin visit India every year for medical purposes(Yes, our hospitals refer people to India!!My own Insurance allows me to get treatment at BLK Hospital in New Delhi as well as any Apollo Hospital in India) and not a single one has ever been attacked there tells volumes.
Indians and Kenyans.No Problem
Indians and Nigerians....Well.My advice to Kenyans there is NOT to live in the same vicinity as Nigerians lest they be lynched together!! They better stick with the Tanzanians and other East Africans(but not Ugandans.)
In the story above where a Kenyan Lady was attacked, their hatred was driven by the sale of drugs to Indians.Now we all know which African nation is known globally for selling drugs.And it ain't Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:37am On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:

The very very few Kenyans who have ever been caught with drugs in Asia were part of a Nigerian Drug Ring.That is why we deported several Nigerians in 2012 who were in cahoots with Kazakhs and Armenians and dragging locals, mostly students already there into the loop as the one who transport the packages They themselves were not either barons nor did they go to Asia with the intention to peddle drugs like is the case with Nigerians in Asia.They are there mostly as students.As for those to hang in China that was in 2008 and that was our first EVER case. It was met with shock here in Kenya.As for Nigeria, that is the norm every year. Close to 1000 Nigerians are on death row for drug traficking in Asia(P.S. I am excluding other crimes like human traficking).
1Kenyan and 1Tanzanian so far have been attacked in India outside of Punjab and Gujarat for being mistaken for Nigerians. LMAO!!!Indians have often made it quite clear that they want to target Nigerians.So many students who go to other parts of India apart from Punjab and Gujarat(Where Kenyans are treated very well, many of our black doctors and businessmen actually studied in both states due to the cheap tuition and easy access to Kenyans.One can actually apply to the University of Punjab from Nairobi and get express entry .Because our Indians are from either of those two states) now carry a Kenya ID so that if you meet a mob, you prove to them you are not Nigerian and you do not need to carry around your passport!!!Tanzania and Kenya have strong relationships with India.You forget that hundreds of thousands of Indians live on this side of the Indian Ocean and a Kenyan is the head of the Indian Reserve Bank.They do not have a problem with us.
Also considering more than 500,000 Kenyans of African origin visit India every year for medical purposes(Yes, our hospitals refer people to India!!My own Insurance allows me to get treatment at BLK Hospital in New Delhi as well as any Apollo Hospital in India) and not a single one has ever been attacked there tells volumes.
Indians and Kenyans.No Problem
Indians and Nigerians....Well.My advice to Kenyans there is NOT to live in the same vicinity as Nigerians lest they be lynched together!! They better stick with the Tanzanians and other East Africans(but not Ugandans.)
In the story above where a Kenyan Lady was attacked, their hatred was driven by the sale of drugs to Indians.Now we all know which African nation is known globally for selling drugs.And it ain't Kenya.

So Nigerians in cahoots with Kazakhs, Armenians, Chinese, Brazilians etc, the Nigerians take responsibility. Kenyan drug peddlers in cahoots with Nigerians, the Nigerians still take responsibility. grin And as I said before, you're delusional.

Where did you get your stats from, that 1000 Nigerians are on death row in Asia? Looks made up to me.
Anyways, you can keep consoling yourself ascribing phony virtues to your society.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 25, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

So Nigerians in cahoots with Kazakhs, Armenians, Chinese, Brazilians etc, the Nigerians take responsibility. Kenyan drug peddlers in cahoots with Nigerians, the Nigerians still take responsibility. grin And as I said before, you're delusional.

Where did you get your stats from, that 1000 Nigerians are on death row in Asia? Looks made up to me.
Anyways, you can keep consoling yourself ascribing phony virtues to your society.
grin grin grin.....the guy's bitter, he was just typing out of emotion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 25, 2017
mtis:

lakini tutakua tukichunga vichwa zetu kila wakati grin

Serious btw. Hujui watu hujifungia ndani ya nyumba siku mzima kwanini.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 25, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Our Society has not sunk as low as Nigeria's society.We do have a corrupt political establishment(which is made up of angels compared to Nigeria's .Your scandals make ours look like Petty Cash. And you guys have a budget that is only slightly larger than ours)
Kenya's Middle Class is however intact, made up of stable honest people who worked hard to reach there.That cannot be said of Nigeria which has had a history of scams dating to a period that I was just a baby!!!
The fact that Nigerians are not trusted even by global financial institutions. Paypal took years to set up shop in Nigeria and to date,I know that you are not allowed to receive money using a Nigerian Paypal
Kenya, we have enjoyed that service to Payoneer since 2010 and to Equity Bank Kenya since 2015
Heck Payoneer does not withdraw to any Nigerian Bank to date.It does to All Kenyan Banks (except surprise surprise, GT Bank,UBA, EcoBank and Fidelity)
It shows how Nigeria is perceived
As for those who are on Death row.I had to count up. Remember I said almost 1000.Not 1000 exact
In 2015 the figure was much lower from this link, at 350 https://adpan.org/2015/10/27/295-nigerians-on-death-row-in-asia/.And they excluded several nations with Nigerians on Death Row like Taiwan and some nations have varying figures like Thailand and Singapore. The number rose to 500+ in 2016 in China alone
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/nigerian-faces-death-penalty-china/
Add the rest from other parts of Asia and the Middle East...You get the picture.
You do realise that Nigerian news reaches most media across the planet.
Another horrifying statistic from one of the above links
13,500 Nigerians are in prisons worldwide
Jesus Mary Buddha and Balquis!!!!
Woi!!!For sure you guys are trully a scourge on everyone else!!
Kenyans complain about the 700 in neighbouring East African nations(and we hold an equal number of theirs,especially Tanzanian Islamic fundamentalists) and 100 abroad while Nigeria has 13,500 people in prisons abroad(including over 100 here and one extra yesterday), JEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Criminals!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 25, 2017
shervydman:

grin grin grin.....the guy's bitter, he was just typing out of emotion.
Bitter from what?SMH!!Nigerians.
Criminals of Africa!!!
13,500 people in prisons abroad.
You shuldn't even talk.
I think I will hide my S7 if I hear a Nigerian talk in the streets of Nairobi.They are a bigger threat than the street kids!!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:

Bitter from what?SMH!!Nigerians.
Criminals of Africa!!!
13,500 people in prisons abroad.
You shuldn't even talk.
I think I will hide my S7 if I hear a Nigerian talk in the streets of Nairobi.They are a bigger threat than the street kids!!!
calm down, all u're saying is just in ur head. cant u see the number of times u used the question mark(?)?. it shows ur temper is high.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
Talk about football,boxing and basketball,the world's beautiful games and not frigging long distance the whole world has left for kenyans,somalis and ethiopians.

The fact that Nigerians dont follow athletics does not mean its the same in other parts of the planet. Exit that bubble. Athletics is the fifth most popular sport in the world, closely followed by Rugby at 6th. Thats why the Berlin Marathon for instance is World Renowned and draws thousands of fans to the streets and millions around the world. I can almost bet your media houses had no idea there was such a thing going on yesterday.

Meanwhile in Kenya, virtually everyone from cityfolk to villagers were glued to their screens hoping for a Kenyan to break a World Record, both of which btw are held by Kenya's Dennis Kimetto for the men and Jepkosgei Keitany for the Women. We didnt break either, but came agonizingly close, were it not for the bad weather. Nonetheless, two Kenyans (Gladys Cherono and Eliud Kipchoge) conquered Berlin in a space of ten minutes ! Thats how good we are in athletics, we take it personal if someone tries to outsmart us in our domain. Eliud missed the world record by a mere 35 secs. But does it matter really, the current record is still Kenyan grin Only thing he needs is his coach to assist him improve his Functional Threshold Pace (FTP) by a few more seconds and next year we have yet another Kenyan WORLD RECORD. Did ya hear that? grin

Btw if you have the data bundles look at this link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_world_record_progression

Key thing to note is that Kenya has been breaking the WR for the past three consecutive times (for men). Essentially, the WR should be renamed to Kenyan Record cos apparently the rest of the world has given up. The last few non Kenyans to break a marathon WR were Brazil, Morocco, USA and Ethiopia and it was a long time ago.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2017
samsobo24:
+ table tennis, even racing and games like scrabble,Nigeria won world tournament of Scrabble

You jokers, if you are mentioning scrabble and table tennis before Volleyball, athletics, cricket and rugby you need some special attention. Those tiny sports arent even half as popular as boxing, ice hockey or golf. Heck, Even swimming and baseball are more popular than table tennis.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
Hahaha,abeg.Strike out rugby.kenya has never been to the rugby world cup and Nigeria has been the world champion football under 17 many times.world record.Marathon is boring,you st.upid kenyan maasai.No wonder you have made nairaland your first home where you sleep,wake,eat,drink,bleep.Kenya is boring.But we have you and your friends where we want you.It's called domination.

In Nigeria you can lose ur head at any moment. And men take selfies with dead bodies. And btw whats the work of the red piece of cloth on a penus? You need to be a little more civilised. At least make an attempt, we dont want to see these kind of threads every day

https://www.nairaland.com/3080942/five-die-accident-way-kaduna

I heard in naija one of the first things people ask when they hear of a dead relative or friend in unclear circumstances is : Does he have a head?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2017
Danielnino00:

Lmao. they keep saying they atr good at rugby yet it's just some invitational tourney and shone locals games they have won.. Rugby isn't even popular in over half of the world countries. And talking about marathon, who the hell has the time to sit on a TV watching some skinny people running around for hours.. grin grin. That was how they flooded Lagos for the Lagos marathon . they flooded Cross River for the Obudu mountain race. They also flooded Benin for the Okpepe road race grin grin. Awon Kenyans yi sha

Obi1kenobi:

If West Africans ever played Rugby, we'd dominate it in Africa. We have the physical stature to succeed in it above you skinny East Africans. It's just not a sport we play, to be fair.

Nigerians cannot play rugby because it would end up in headchopping fights. You dont want an Igbo hard tackling a Hausa unless you want heads disappearing. Rugby is for real men

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2017
mtis:
where the mofo obaaderem. bleeping naija villager..ya need to get out your village idiot..oh ya went out to look for a head to chop heh .. grin grin

That head chopper is pretending to be available for only a shortwhile cos he's busy, but in reality he affords internet bundles once a week. This time it happened to be yesterday and you might not see him for another week.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:
Nigeria is more sophisticated than Kenya.
They said.
Until I found out so many things about Nigeria that are digitally backward.
For example ,Nigerians are POS restricted.i.e one cannot use a bank card on a POS of another bank.
That has never been the case in Kenya
2.Nigeria is still on Analogue Television!!!
Jesus!In Kenya, we forced all our TV stations to digital by 2015.No Analogue signals are allowed in the country for TV!!
3.Mobile Money is dead.
In Nigeria, even banks (which are allowed to run Mobile money) do not have an inkling how it works.Meanwhile Equity Bank has given over 200,000 merchants EazyPay Till Numbers which allow one to pay using their EazyBanking app, Equitel Sim Card or Ban ATM card at zero cost.
I am aware that mobile money on the telcos have many restrictions by law.That is not the case with Banks! In Kenya, we have banks with mobile money, telcos with mobile money and private companies(Mobikash, JamboPay,iPay) with mobile money
4.I do not even WANT to go to Nigeria's internet speeds!!!How do 419 scams work with those speeds

Oh GOSH sad Nigerians are still in Analogue grin Even after our delayed migration we still did Countrywide migration before them? So we could be here arguing with hoodrats staring at static noise from the cosmic microwave background angry

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
samsobo24:
you said Nigeria is digitally backward, we have switched off analogue in abuja,jos and still doing more.It will take time to completely switch off because of our population.

And last time I checked, Nigeria is the only country in Africa to manufacture set up boxes

Population? Dude!!! You must have a very easy scapegoat with the population. It is the work of television signal providers to switch to Digital, not the work of citizens. They must be very lazy or unwilling and the government is no better. Do you have any plans for a complete switch over?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AmenhotepZuid: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin when they open sites about the biggest slums in the world they quote Khayelitsha and use that small spot to make their claim grin grin grin grin grin grin

CAN WE POST AERIAL VIEWS OF KENYAN, SA, NIGERIANS, GHANAIAN ETC. HOODS

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
GERALD710:

In 2017In Kenya, we switched off for the ENTIRE COUNTRY at once(Initially the idea was to switch off in phases in 2009 Nairobi and Mombasa and complete it by 2014, however they decided to do it for everyone in Kenya in 2015) instead of in phases.
Indeed it is VERY true Nigeria manufactures Set top boxes and we do not.
We are very much aware of what happened in Abuja when they switched the city to Digital last year.Most locally made set top boxes failed to Activate
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/abuja-inconclusive-dso-pinnacle-communications-blames-set-top-box-manufacturers/
We solved all our set top box issues in 2010.5 years before were were (forcibly) switched to digital television

One thing you can learn from observing how Nigerians do their things is just how poor planners they are. Just about any photo will tell you they dont have good foresight
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AmenhotepZuid: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
African cities with WEAK PRODUCTIVITY Indexes SA cities and one Cairo stand their ground up there with Chinese, Brazilian,Mexican,Turkish cities...SA CITIES AREN;T LISTED IN THE WEAK LIST BY UN HABITAT.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AmenhotepZuid: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Harare Ranks HIGHER than Logos, FACT.... Nairobi ranks HIGHER than all Nigerian cities.FACT.
Presenting Mombasa.....beautiful coast city in Kenya, East Africa.

We have Kenyans working in our government departments theyr nice people and like exchanging cultures with Saffas. Theyr not making noise about that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.